New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

Adam releases tension on the arrow and rounds on Allison, instead, "That is NOT how we handle things."

He strides forward and snatches her arrows from her quiver. All of them in one bundle. Once he has them, he hurls them over the stall walls into another stall and positions himself between her and the door, "He will face justice, but not by our hands. Publicly, he will face trial."

Spoiler
    Show
    What would I need to roll for that? Dex+ath?
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Allison look at him. He has clearly gone mad. Even if he could escape prison i dont think he can escape being locked in an asylum. Besides is this really what you want? To clear your brother's name just to become a killer yourself? Is this what your brother wants?..."

Matthew says trying to convince her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion+Manipulation+Willpower: (7d10)[4][10][10][7][10][5][5](51)

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira winces as another arrow flies past her, but says nothing. She backs into a corner of the room and drops the gun, having only held it by the barrel to make sure only Jamie's fingerprints will be on the grip. Then she keeps watching the argument in silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Restrooms

Matthew's words made Allison hesitate, but she gritted her teeth. "Can't back down. Not now."

She reached for another arrow... only to find that Adam had already taken them away. She turned to snap at the archer. Grave mistake; Jamie Price threw himself at her, desperation in his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple attempt, minus Allison's Defense: (4d10)[5][9][7][10](31)
    10's: (2d10)[8][4](12)

We are still in combat time.

He caught her by the throat before she could even gasp, immobilized her arm behind her back and turned to Ian's ghost: "Back off!" he screamed. "Go away, you and the other ghosts, or I'll strangle her!"

He was already strangling her, but did not seem to notice in his rabid state. He threw a quick glance over his shoulder at the door, but Semira stood in the way.

Jaime

To Jaime's own surprise, her voice came out both soothing and commanding in spite of the circumstances. People turned to her all at once and began to calm down; if she could keep a cool head, so could they. Moving as one, they turned away from the stage and headed towards the main exit, walking quickly but not shoving one another in their haste. Some went so far as to drag or carry those who had passed out from the drink. A few took the time to pull out their cell phones, hopefully to call the police.

Mike 2.0 grabbed his microphone. "Yeah, as she said," he declared a bit belatedly, before heading out with the others.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-24 at 07:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam grinds his teeth and draws back the arrow nocked, straining against himself as he stares down the shaft at his target, and the hostage forced to act as a shield. He blinks once, wavering in his pain and reluctance to loose the arrow. "I'm sorry." He whispers, letting the arrow fly.......

DRAMATIC TENSION

13+3-4-1=11
    Jamie: (11d10)[10][8][4][4][1][8][2][5][8][8][5](63)
    Allison: (4d10)[5][3][7][4](19)
    10's: (5d10)[9][2][5][9][5](30)
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

The arrow buried itself in Jamie's throat, less than an inch from Allison's ear. Clutching at his heavily bleeding wound, the rookie cop dropped his prisoner and collapsed on his knees with gurgling sounds. All the fight went out of him.

Allison remained on her feet shakily, her face white as a sheet. "...Nice shot."

Spoiler
    Show
    This is round 4. Jamie is now helpless and (depending on how fast he gets medical attention) dying; he has 4 aggravated wounds out of a starting Health of 8. But we're not out of combat time yet, as Kale will arrive next round and may yet decide to finish him off. And there's the matter of Allison.

Odentin, you've already acted this round. You can do nothing else except speak a little.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-25 at 08:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    CRAAAAAAAAP! Next round, I gotta see to that...

Unless someone else has Medicine? Please?

"Sh!t. Get a first aid kit!"

He stares into Allison's eyes, his own raging with fury and adrenaline, "He has to face the justice system. Even if he isn't convicted for the massacre, he will be for this. And there'll be enough attention around it to clear Ian's name. Think OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, etc."
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-24 at 09:19 PM.
    -Odentin

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew quickly sends a text message to Vishaka.

" Men's Bathroom ASAP "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2012-09-24 at 09:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Students murder security guard with bows. Fμcking hell, this isn't going to look good.

Semira lunges across the room and stomps on Allison's foot to distract her before pulling her into a wristlock. She starts to drag the girl away from Jamie's limp form. "Sorry Alley, but you can't finish this. Your parents already lost one child. You ought to know by now that revenge starts with one grave and ends with three. "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple, spending willpower, all-out attack: (13d10)[3][6][6][6][8][2][10][2][3][1][3][7][6](63)
    10s: (5d10)[3][4][2][10][6](25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"$hit!" Jonah yelps upon seeing the arrow slam its way into Jamie's neck. As the killer crumples, he quickly slips his phone into his pocket, but keeps it recording so it can pick up the audio. "Less chatter, more first-aid!" he exclaims, hastily yanking several handfuls of toilet paper off the roller in the stall.

The scholar than lunges out of the stall and kneels down beside the dying psychopath. "Okay, we need to staunch the bleeding and stabilize the arrow! Don't pull it out, don't move it around! Does anyone know how to treat shock?"

He begins to hastily stuff the toilet paper around the wound, trying to apply pressure without suffocating him or making things worse. "A little help here?!"

Spoiler
    Show

Looks like it's Dex+Medicine to do stabilizing rolls, which means 3 dice. I'll spend a WP to get an extra 3 dice, for a total of 6.

(6d10)[10][3][3][1][4][7](28)

10 agains, if needed. (2d10)[3][3](6)
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

She just let Mike 2.0 take the microphone, she hadn't actually been expecting that to work. There again they didn't yet know they were in any actual danger, still she was surprised her announcement had been listened too. Oh, she thought as she stood on stage listening for another gunshot, she was pretty sure that counted as interferring in the story.

Yeah her journalistic integrity was completely shot to bits, on the other hand she reckoned she could probaly get an article out of the evening, even trying to hide the RPG clubs activities.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Bugbear in the Playground

Leon drops his knife an rushes over to help Jonah with Price. "I'm not sure how long we can keep him stable with a wound like that." He pulls out his cell phone and places a call to 911, requesting an ambulance to Tyler Hall at Maxwell College. He puts the phone on speaker and crouches down to give Jonah a hand, elevating Price's feet, and tearing off strips of cloth from his labcoat to help staunch other wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to guess that I should also roll Dex+Medicine for Leon to help Jonah stabilize Price?
    Adding Willpower as well:
    (7d10)[5][10][6][3][5][6][9](44)
    In case of tens:
    (4d10)[6][6][3][3](18)
    Last edited by ToySoldierCPlus; 2012-09-25 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Either Vishakha did not immediately receive Matthew's message, or she was too busy getting here to respond.

Allison did not resist when Semira grabbed her. She looked spent. She just stared straight at Jamie Price. "If you survive this," she said calmly, though the wounded cop did not seem in any state to listen, "you'll confess everything. Or they'll never leave you alone." She jerked her chin at the ghosts.

Jonah found that Jamie's wound was not quite as bad as it looked. It had been inflicted by one of the sharpened arrows Adam had snuck in; pointy, but lacking an actual double-edged head to tear flesh and cut arteries. The bleeding was still life-threatening, but there was a chance of survival.

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding the Medicine roll, the rules for first aid are on p.61 of the Core rulebook. I'll treat this as a team effort, with Leon's successes adding two dice to Jonah's attempt: (2d10)[1][5](6)

In case of 10: (d10)[9]

We are still in combat time until we know what action Kale will take.

Kale burst into the men's room, panting, and paused in astonishment. Jamie Price was on his knees, bleeding profusely all over his tuxedo and the floor. He had a throat wound being tended by Jonah and Leon to the best of their abilities. The rookie cop's eyes were wide with terror.

And with good reason. The dead had come back to haunt him. All four of them stood there with grim looks on their faces, as if waiting to see if he would live or die.

For the first time in two years, Kale met Sophia's gaze. His dead girlfriend was still in her bloodstained angel costume, with two round holes in the abdomen where the Halloween killer had shot her. Slowly, she walked over to Kale, put herself squarely in front of him as if to block his way, and reached out for his cheek. Her ghostly fingers passed straight through it. She looked both sad and serene.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-25 at 08:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

14. - Top - End - #524
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"S...Sophia..." breathed Kale in a breathy whisper, he could hardly believe that it was her standing in front of him. He looked through her to see Price dying and he quickly made the connection.

"Is that scum the man that murdered you? Do you want me to kill him for you?" asked Kale as tightened his hands into fists. Everything hinged on her response.

If yes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is for Sophia, Price. I'll see you in Hell." said Kale in a chillingly cold voice that was devoid of emotion. Kale delivers a killing blow to Jamie Price dealing 11 + 3(willpower) dice worth of damage with a punch.

If no:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I... understand. I won't kill him, but I won't help him live. And if he doesn't confess in court, to everything. Then I will hunt him down, I will torture him until he begs for death and then; only then, will I let him die."said Kale as he stared at Price, his cold eyes meeting his to ensure that he knew exactly what he was dealing with before taking a step back and watching the scene unfold.
    Last edited by savior indra; 2012-09-25 at 09:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #525

Still focused on keeping Price alive, Leon speaks without looking at Kale. "Kale, no. He's incapacitated, he can't hurt anyone now. He'll stand trial and face justice that way, or the ghost-martyrs will destroy him. Don't stains your hands with this."
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by savior indra View Post
    "Is that scum the man that murdered you? Do you want me to kill him for you?"
    Sophia nodded to the first question, then quickly shook her head at the second, something pleading in her eyes. Unless death had changed her greatly, Sophia had never been a hateful or vindictive person. As she began to fade away, she gave him one last, somewhat sad smile...

She was gone by the time Karen burst into the room, Vishakha in tow.

"Jesus Christ," breathed Karen. "What the everloving fµck happened here?"

Vishakha knelt by Jamie Price and got to work at once, without questions. "Leave it to me," she ordered Leon and Jonah, her tone curt and businesslike. "Careful, don't remove the arrow. Give me some more toilet paper. I got this..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Jonah and Leon have already made their rolls this minute. They can now make team effort rolls to help Vishakha's next medicine roll.

Wits 2 + Medicine 3: (5d10)[5][5][3][10][4](27)
    Any 10's: (3d10)[5][8][4](17)

Edit: Jamie now has 5 aggravated wounds (out of 8 Health). 6 successes are still needed before he bleeds out.

Allison turned to Adam. She was calmer now and just looked tired. "Time for damage control," she said quickly. "If you're found with your arrows, they'll all know you shot Jamie, and you'll have to explain why you had them in the first place even though you weren't part of my plan. Give them to me. I'll take the blame; I'm the one who drew you into this."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-25 at 10:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

"Price let them through the door. You don't have to..."

Adam drops his bow as he speaks, moving to assist Vishaka, stabilizing Price's head and putting pressure around the wound with some of the available toilet paper.

(7d10)[3][5][4][9][8][2][1](32)
    -Odentin

18. - Top - End - #528

AssassinGuy

"Sophia doesn't want me to kill you. So I won't. But she didn't ask me to save you either, so I won't do that. Remember my words Price. I don't make promises lightly." said Kale before he left the bathroom without looking back, searching for Michelle, she deserved to know the truth, that Gavin's killer was own his own deathbed.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post
    "Price let them through the door. You don't have to..."
    Allison took him aside. "It's not that easy," she sighed. "What are we going to tell the police when they ask why we attacked him? That Ian's ghost told us he was guilty? Even if he confesses, there'll be questions about how we knew of his guilt all along and why we never told anyone. And if you're implicated, your friends are implicated too; everyone knows you're a club. Me, I don't have a strong relation with the rest of you. They'll believe me if I say I acted alone."

There was a new hardness in her eyes. "I can't take all of you down with me. So you're going to say I tried to kill Jamie and you stopped me just in time - that'll be my version to the cops. If Jamie confesses, I may be acquitted... but there's no reason for you and your friends to take that chance. It was my plan from the start, and I'd always intended to turn myself in afterwards. You, though... you were never supposed to be part of it."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No more than two people per minute can help Vishakha. If there's too many helpers, they'll just hinder the effort as they bump into each other.

Kale

Jamie made no sign that he understood Kale's words, or cared about them, as he was very busy trying not to bleed to death. Kale quit the room and met Michelle in the hallway. She was hurrying in the direction of the gunshots, looking pale yet determined.

"Kale! What happened back there? Anybody's hurt?"

Jaime

There was a large crowd of confused students just outside the building, too fearful to go back inside but too curious to leave. Many were trying to know if their friends had made it out. Questions flew left and right: Was it really gunshots? Did someone see the shooter? Is the shooter still active? Any casualties? Where's Jamie Price?

"I told you so," Wayne Borden was saying to anyone who'd listen, which was not a lot of people. "If guns had been allowed in the first place, that shooter wouldn't be like a wolf in a herd of sheep... We'd take care of him ourselves, if he was even crazy enough to try something."

"Oh, c'mon, I know Jamie," said Zach, sipping a beer he had snatched on his way out. "I bet he already took down the gunman. The police will just have to clean up after him."

"Bet you ten bucks it's just some sick prank," scoffed one of Zach's friends.

"Jaime! There you are!" came Ellen's breathless voice. The editor looked more excited than worried. "Nice job there! Do you know any details I don't?" She stuck her cellphone under Jaime's nose; it was in recording mode.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-25 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

20. - Top - End - #530

AssassinGuy

"Everything's fine. Gavin's killer is bleeding to death n there. We have Price confessing to the murder of Sophia, Gavin and the others. He then tried to kill my friends and now he's dying. If they manage to save him, he'll go to jail. If they don't well... Justice is served." said Kale his eyes indicating that he wasn't all there. Most likely he was still back in the room with Sophia. It was over so quick, he didn't even get a chance to say how sorry he was...

21. - Top - End - #531

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling again to continue assisting Vishaka, not spending willpower this time: (4d10)[8][5][1][5](19)

Doesn't really matter if that's Dex or Int or even Wits for First Aid, Leon's got threes in all of 'em.

As he continues to assist, Leon speaks to Allison and Adam. "We've got a justification. Price started shooting, we felt sufficiently threatened that we had to defend ourselves. That's no crime, at least not in Mass. I can't say for Illinois, but I imagine they've got similar laws. By the way, the ambulance should be here soon, so would somebody without blood on their hands mind putting my knife back in pocket? I dropped it moving to help over here. I'd do it myself, but I'd rather keep any blood off of it if possible."

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

"And when they ask why Zach saw me walk in with wooden, untipped arrows? Look, I don't want to deal with the cops, either, but they're gonna figure out something's wrong with your story..."

"They don't have to know about the ghosts. I don't know what to do, really. I think I can get my sponsors to help me with a lawyer. Self defense is self defense. I just don't know..."
    -Odentin

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post
    "Look, I don't want to deal with the cops, either, but they're gonna figure out something's wrong with your story..."
    Allison thought about it. "No matter what story we give, they'll figure out there's something wrong. Like how you just happened to have arrows and bulletproof vest. Or the fact that I'm Ian Keating's sister... will they really believe in a coincidence? Better keep your friends out of it in any case... There's nothing here to implicate them, so we'll say they arrived later, when the gunshots began."

She looked grave. "Even if Jamie confesses, and even though we know it was self-defense, just be aware of what this looks like: premeditated murder attempt. Which is exactly what it was supposed to be, minus the attempt part. Tonight I came here knowing I'd leave in handcuffs, Adam. And that was the best-case scenario, assuming my plan succeeded."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vishakha's roll, with +3 thanks to the help: (8d10)[3][3][6][7][7][10][9][6](51)
    10-again: (4d10)[7][8][10][2](27)

Jamie now has 6/8 aggravated wounds. 4 successes still needed.

Kale

Michelle frowned in confusion. "...Price?"

She moved towards the restrooms, where Vishakha's voice could be heard ordering Leon around.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last chance to stop her if you're afraid of her seeing things she might report to the police.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-25 at 03:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

24. - Top - End - #534

Continuing to work with Vishaka, Leon speaks up, though he seems to be being ignored. "As much as my senses of duty and chivalry want me to disagree, my self-preservation instinct says that's a good plan. Again, I miss Gregory and what's-her-face. Fighting them was easy. This has been... not."

Spoiler
    Show
    And another aiding roll, this one with willpower: (7d10)[1][9][1][1][7][3][9](31)

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" Indeed. At least we didnt have to explain anything to the police that time. "

Matthew comments while leaning against one of the bathroom stalls.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam muscles Jonah out of the way to help Vish with Price, "Your sociopathy aside, we're both going in tonight whether you like it or not. Zach saw us both with arrows. I'm wearing Kevlar because of IanFan, and had arrows for the same reason. Just in case something happened, and this idiot let me carry them inside. Plus I'm a better shot than SWAT snipers. Easy to say I was in here puking when it went down, though these guys should probably be left out."

Risking willpower to aid: (10d10)[8][5][8][6][1][7][6][7][3][3](54)
    10's (3d10)[8][6][6](20)
    -Odentin

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Has everyone forgotten that I'm recording all this?!" Jonah barks frantically, finally scooting back from Jamie's wounded body, his hands slick with blood. "I've been recording everything the whole damn time, including him shooting at us without provocation! We acted in self defense! Though now the recording has everyone babbling about ghosts and murder and avoiding the cops and - GRRRRR!" he snarls in frustration, stomping over to the nearest sink to wash the blood off his hands. "Okay, okay, let me see if the recording stopped, or is still going, or... whatever our options are," he groans, hastily drying off his hands and reaching into his costume to find the phone and see what its status is.

Spoiler
    Show

Wonderful. Jonah's attempt to give everyone an alibi has now turned into incriminating evidence for half the PCs. If its still recording, and if the sound quality after he he stuck it in his costume is still good, then we may not be able to use it as good evidence.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

"Has everyone forgotten that I'm recording all this?!"

Allison shrugged indifferently. "Now, I'm no lawyer, but if I'm not mistaken, that recording is worth absolutely nothing in court if it wasn't approved by a judge beforehand in the course of an ongoing police investigation. And how were you gonna explain that you were happening to record random stuff when Price went crazy? Erase it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Vishakha's roll: (9d10)[1][1][9][10][8][9][9][9][7](63)
    (4d10)[4][8][4][9](25)

Glorious success. Price is saved.

"I think I've contained blood loss," Vishakha reported. "I wouldn't touch it now."

She helped Price lie down on his side, the arrow still in his throat. He was indeed bleeding much less.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-25 at 05:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Actually, pretty sure audio recordings are legal, which is what it was originally going to be before he started shooting at us. And I was trying to record a confession or anything possibly incriminating, not him going crazy and trying to kill us," Jonah groans, massaging his brow. "And if I delete it, what then? What's our evidence? Ghosts told us he was the murderer? No one is going to believe that, even if I could catch them on video. Which I'm pretty sure I can't..." he huffs. "I mean, maybe I can delete the second half of the video, after he went down... But then they might be able to see the videos been tampered with..."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam sighs and sits back, "It was a nice thought, Jonah, but its gonna do more harm than good."

He stands and goes to wash his hands, starting to breathe more laboriously now that the adrenaline has worn off and the pain sets in, "Ooh. Gotta couple busted ribs. Ow. Jonah, Matt, get out of here. Leon, Vish, you came after the gunshots, got it?"

Once his hands are clean, he pulls his phone out of his pocket and calls the marketing agent of one if his sponsors, the one who made his bow in particular.

Spoiler
    Show
    Was thinking Win & Win for the sponsor? They make a lot of the Olympic recurve bows.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-25 at 05:57 PM.
    -Odentin