New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Well, if Sho continues on this vein, she will become very familiar with said Division very soon.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

I also imagine that they are more cure then prevention orientated (like a lot of law enforcement), or preventative by merely existing rather then action (again like a lot of law enforcement) - they could also likely be reviewing defenses to secure soul society from a hollow army, rather than a single individual (regardless of who they are and what they might do).

And her escapades so far (since going to the academy at least) seem to be:
    1. Prevents a hollow attack (with collateral damage).
    2. Fought a captain who didn't attempt to press charges, witnessed by a second captain. Finished in a terminal condition and taken to hospital to recover (good work doctors and her own attempts).
    3. Left a room in an unorthodox manner.
    4. Knocked out an unseated officer and stole there stuff.

Hardly a criminal mastermind to attract the attention of IS with so much else going on.
    Of course they might well be tracking her and keeping a safe distance, she is unlikely the only person to know Kyokkō.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

You are being optimistic. Seireitei has capital punishment, exile and imprisonment for life without civil rights all just waiting for Sho to be put on IntSec's hit list.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Heh. But the Hellhound's fine?

How about Hataru manages to pin it to the ground so Hinata can purify it, then, if that's okay with you and Rhyvurg?
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Fine by me.
    Rhyvurg, if you're fine with this, it's your turn to post.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as a note I would see Sho able to track her own Zanpakuto correctly, it is after all a part of her soul i.e at the dojo.

The dagger is a very twisted piece of work, and completely undamaged during the fight - and while Sho is not at active materialization yet it would be nearly capable of wielding itself, making it very dangerous interact with.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Just trawled through the first 20 or so pages of the OOC (not as fun as it sounds), still have a few questions.

How long ago exactly had Arrancars started popping up? Were they involved in the Scarlet Garden incident which was fifty(? More?) years ago?

The reincarnation cycle is a thing canonically, and I've seen nothing from anybody to refute that.

Basically, I think I've found a way to flesh out Ean's backstory without having to have anyone create a new character Depending on the answer to my question, I'll have some further questions in PM for Frozen and Animekid.

Also realized I forgot to write out mini-sheets for Ryuu's three fighting mod souls. Whoops.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-05-13 at 07:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Just trawled through the first 20 or so pages of the OOC, still have a few questions.

How long ago exactly had Arrancars started popping up? Were they involved in the Scarlet Garden incident which was fifty(? More?) years ago?
    The War ended 50 years ago. The Scarlet Garden happened...pre-game. It was the starting point of the game itself.

The reincarnation cycle is a thing canonically, and I've seen nothing from anybody to refute that.
    That's correct.

8. - Top - End - #1328

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hn. Ok. I can assume then that the arrancars have been around for those fifty years? Just making it absolutely clear before I move forward.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Hn. Ok. I can assume then that the arrancars have been around for those fifty years? Just making it absolutely clear before I move forward.
    I dont think its specified that we were the ones that actually caused the scarlet garden, although i'll admit it sounds like Tinja's handiwork

I believe you can assume your arrancar existed before then.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

10. - Top - End - #1330

The Scarlet Garden happened on Dainichi's orders.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #1331

OrcBarbarianGuy

Alright. Heh. Now to move forward with me plotting.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Just as a note I would see Sho able to track her own Zanpakuto correctly, it is after all a part of her soul i.e at the dojo.
    Don't worry, we can work with what we have here. Tebryn wanted Shigure to be demoted, didn't he?

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

Shaddy_24, I'm waiting for Calvin to respond to the receptionist.

14. - Top - End - #1334

Kiba and his unreason ability makes me angry.

It's like he's not even listening.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, he's a dog. At least barking dogs don't bite, or so they say. Maybe Hikaru should hit him with an old shoe? Or throw him a bone?

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post

I'm just going off of what's being said directly to Kiba, which is essentially, "Eh, don't worry about it. The hollow army probably doesn't exist anymore. We're good." And Kiba's reaction is essentially, " "

Congratulations! You destroyed Kiba's last hope in the Captains of Soul Society!

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm, since he's foaming at the mouth so much, maybe we should check his rabies vaccination?

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post

Eh, it happens.

All you can do is explain yourself and let him make his own decisions.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

At least Kiba's reaction is what can be called "neurotypal", if hot-headed. It's much better than Sho's downright sociopathy.

(Fun game: look up the checklist for antisocial personality disorder and/or psychopathy. Eat a chocolate bar each time you find an item fitting Sho.)

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    At least Kiba's reaction is what can be called "neurotypal", if hot-headed. It's much better than Sho's downright sociopathy.

(Fun game: look up the checklist for antisocial personality disorder and/or psychopathy. Eat a chocolate bar each time you find an item fitting Sho.)
    This is a stupid game.

It made me run out of chocolate.

21. - Top - End - #1341

This is a stupid game.

It made me run out of chocolate.
    That is so quotable.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Now try it with shots of absinthe - fun for the whole family.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Little blurb about a character I may make in the future. Feel free to nitpick.

The Winchester Branch of the Quincy Family

Spoiler
    Show
    In 1851, Jebediah "the Pariah" Winchester-Quincy left the main branch of his family under suspicious circumstances, headed across the Atlantic to America, and traveled west to seek his fortunes. Along the way he fulfilled his family duties by eradicating the many restless spirits of the wild west. In the entire time he was there, Jeb never saw a shinigami, which made him wonder if they just had no stake in that part of the world, or whether they even existed altogether.

He roamed all over the west from the Canadian Rockies to the Mexican desert all the way to the Californian coast, doling out his version of justice. He returned to the U.S.A. during the civil war and fought as a Confederate soldier, not out of any loyalty to the South or slavery, frankly he hated it. But most of the death and destruction was in the South and therefore so were most of the restless spirits. It was a few years after the civil war ended that some of his illegitimate children from conquests across the frontier began to display spiritual powers. Some were labeled as witches and executed out of superstition. Others were ostracized from their communities. Eventually Jeb learned of one child and realized there were probably many more. During the 1870's and 1880's he gathered whichever of his children he could find and started educating them in the ways of the Quincy, exterminating hollows wherever they went. He eventually settled down in a small ghost town in Texas. Before his arrival, the term 'ghost town' was much more literal.

The town of Pariah eventually prospered into a small community as his sons and daughters took wives and husbands, but Jeb had strict rules in the community and made sure that all of the families stayed and worked in town so he could find any potential grandchildren with Quincy powers before they suffered the same fate as his less fortunate children. Thus the Winchester branch of the Quincy family was born. Boys and girls alike were taught how to craft and use Quincy-grade weapons, which had long since progressed past the traditional bow into Quincy firearms. Daughters of the family who got pregnant were kept in the community so their children could be raised as what Jeb thought to be proper Quincy. Children fathered outside the community had little choice but to come and stay with the Winchesters or be ostracized for their abilities in the outside world. The Winchester family welcomed all who followed their rules with open arms. Jebediah died in 1934 at a ripe old age of 101, getting to know four generations of his children, but his traditions live on. The town of Pariah had to be relocated in 1957 when much of the family were slaughtered by shinigami who saw the Winchester family for the threat they were. The community was damaged and scarred forever, but not wiped out. They build the town of New Pariah and warded and hid it from Soul Society.

The "controversy" regarding Hollows and Shinigami is treated very simply in the Winchester family. The only good Hollow is a dead Hollow, and the only good Shinigami is a dead Shinigami. The best way to preserve any balance there might be is to wipe both sides out and leave a clean slate for all the "pure" souls. The Winchester family also does not believe that the known afterlife is the only afterlife, that there may be a step beyond even Soul Society, though admittedly their beliefs are based on faith alone. Nowadays the Winchesters often go out on expeditions to find and eradicate as many hollows and shinigami as possible, though they're usually much more wary about confronting the latter.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

O.o

Inbred Quincy Hicks away?

More seriously:

They've got the most extreme position, and they're likely the 'black sheep' of all the Quincy Families due to the fact that hunting down Shinigami puts the Quincy as a whole at risk, as demonstrated by the Bosch Main Family- they'd risk not only revealing the Quincy's continued existence as an organisation, but firmly cementing an impression that the Quincy are actively against Soul Society.

I assume they're one of the Minor Families, due to 'expanded from a single member'?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-14 at 04:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

I have a feeling Sho is, very shortly, about to get into a very frustrating fight.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

26. - Top - End - #1346

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ryuu's three combat mod-souls. Let me know what you think.

Ichikobushi
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: Four years old, though he appears to be in his early twenties.
    Height: 6’0”
    Weight: 115 Ibs.
    Station: Attack Mod-Soul conscripted to Ryuu Sasaki

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In his personal gigai, Ichikobushi is tall and gangly, having a very athletic build. He has a mixture of red and navy blue hair, which he allows to be long and flowing. His eyes are pure red, denoting his odd abilities. He dresses in a European 19th century officer’s uniform, with a double-buttoned jacket and leather boots.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ichikobushi, as leader of Ryuu’s mod-souls, is a stern and reserved person, not much for idle chitchat or wasting time. He’s very goal-oriented and will not stop until his task is completed.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was created by Ryuu for the sole purpose of fighting. He has served in this capacity for four years.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nada!

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

As the leader, Ichikobushi is good at tactical thinking and analyzing his opponent’s attacks and combat style. His mod-soul powers allow him to devour matter and energy to restore damage to his physical form, which has enhanced speed and strength.

---

Nikokura
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’3”
    Weight: 95 ibs.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In her personal gigai, Nikokura appears to be a thirteen year old girl with pierceing grey eyes and purple mascara, but absolutely no hair. Instead, she has spiky tribal tattoos. She dresses like a stereotypical punk rocker, with minishorts, black stockings, a black tanktop and a bright red minivest.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very contemptuous and bratty, Nikokura often mouths off to Ichikobushi and Ryuu, considering them to be “brainless peasants without an ounce of manliness between them.”

She constantly attacks Ichikobushi, making it very clear she intends to be the leader of the trio before long. She is the front-line fighter, very brash and aggressive, and very easy to provoke.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She was created by Ryuu Sasaki for the sole purpose of fighting. She has served in this capacity for four years.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

She hates to acknowledge it, but Nikokura relies on Ichikobushi’s tactical skill to direct her attacks. She is an utterly relentless fighter, which does not always work to her advantage. She possesses the same heightened strength and speed as her comrades, able to lift three tons easily and clock in at 70 miles per hour. Her mod-soul powers are based on the four classical elements of the Taoist five element system. Her Suzaku power allows her to create and exhale a compact reishi flame from within her body, her Genbu power creates healing tears for restoring spiritual damage, her Seiryu power allows her to create decoy bodies of herself grown from her own body, and her Byakko power allows her to raise the density of her physical form to the strength of iron.

The trade-off of her powers is that once she enters her physical form, she must set which power she is using, and cannot switch until she has left that physical form and entered it again, or has entered a new one.

---

Sanme
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’8”
    Weight: 105 ibs

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In his personal gigai, Sanme appears to be a normal high-schooler, though with ridiculously long black hair falling to his waist, tied back in a ponytail. He has blue eyes and a gentle smile, and dresses in a generalized school uniform.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The most normal of the three, Sanme is personable and friendly, happy to meet new people and interact with stranger. He generally handles the spats between Nakokura and Ichikobushi.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was created by Ryuu Sasaki for the sole purpose of fighting. She has served in this capacity for four years.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sanme acts as the scout of the three, possessing an ability for ESP and reiatsu sensing. His third and final ability is to act as a host for all three mod-souls, becoming a combined entity with the powers, knowledge, and skills of each.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-05-14 at 07:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Little blurb about a character I may make in the future. Feel free to nitpick.

The Winchester Branch of the Quincy Family

Spoiler
    Show
    [Stuff was here]
    This family branch's point of view is surprisingly similar to Caeyrn's philosophies...only a little more extreme. (Caeyrn non-mortals should just mind their own business and stay out of the Mortal World)

Since Jebediah left Europe to America, it's very possible that he came from the same Main Family that Caeyrn comes from.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

...I promise not to make Daiki's houserules interpretive dance.

(In all seriousness, Daiki's only real rule for anyone who wants to challenge him would be along the lines of 'the fight takes place outside Las Noches. I don't want to damage the city by cutting loose')

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #1349

It's worth pointing out that Jehoel promised to erase threats to the city's strength. If an Espada makes rules that prevent stronger challengers from overcoming them...that could be interpreted as weakening the city.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    I have a feeling Sho is, very shortly, about to get into a very frustrating fight.
    I don't know, within the game she is not really looking for a fight currently - essentially collecting her thoughts and figuring out what she wants - which would be a personal item for her.
    She is also a highly versatile fighter with years of direct life or death experience.

In a meta perspective I would want her to win any next fight she gets into (after having lost her last one) - it is not really fun to lose consistently.

I sortof follow a loose rule of the following.
    The player of the character who instigates the fight should be happy to have their character lose the fight as the scene was there idea and the other player is assisting them.

Exceptions can be made for example Peredur is likely simply better then Tarriz so Peredur will win that. Assuming that Mahonri Violist has no other vision for the fight.

But Sho has made an entire life out of winning and killing - with little else, so I am not comfortable having her lose to everyone she happens to meet.
    On the other hand she is not in murder mode at the moment if you want Sato to learn not to underestimate people .