New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey guys. I think I shall celebrate my return with this picture. Its a reference to another game I play all in one. Enjoy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The DotA is strong in this one.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hiya!!

Greetings

Yo.

And for myself .... *glompytacklehugstect*

EDIT: I just realised that my OC stable sounds like a set up for a joke. A musician, a guardpony and a changeling all walk into a bar ...
    "Heyya. I have some, ah, bread here. As a good-meeting gift. I hope we can be friends!"

BlasTech yay~ :D
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    You left, and when you came back you left a Portal to an eternal zombie apocalypse. You hve directly caused an influx of zombies. How is that any different from the end result of Silent's usual behavior? He's not really a cultist either, from the sounds of it. He's a cabalist who is conglomerating other cabals under a single unified directive. If anything we should bust him for trying to monopolize rather than for some hokey religion.

sweet. Supernal aegis. Luck of the ages. fortuitous grace.
    Hope you enjoy your stay around these part, Fresh! I suggest surrounding your property with a circle of stones, each at least as big as a loaf of bread, and at least a full two pony lengths apart but no more than twelve pony lengths between them. The number of stones is irrelevant.
    "Why, ah, are you suggesting this, good sir?"

Everything you say know sounds like the voice of Soos. :o

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Spirits, I wish I knew.

I think it's that everypony who wasn't a cultist just left.
    Hey! I don't join cults, I blast them! Allow me to demonstrate, FIRE THE-
    Do you have an actual target for that? Or are you just firing wildly again?
    I...my target was...hmphf. Spoilsport.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Hellfire, Hellfire, There Burning For My Sins!
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Pity about the seaponies. Charnel wanted to see them.

You know, Boffenspark, why I have not reacted at all? Fun fact: what Nightcore thinks are major headquarters are not. In fact, most of our settlements are under major cites. Not like that would stop you from blasting them, but you should note that there are other powers in the world that would get angry if you shot at them.

"Meanwhile"

Its......it's cold. So very cold.

"Also meanwhile"

Hah! Take that you stupid beast!

Crack-GWAARRRRRRROOOOOOO

Yeah, see the head of your big friend? Who else wants some!?
    Spoiler
    Show
    HAH! You sir, underestimate the genius behind my Friendship Cannon Array! As the beams are delivered via portals, I can unleash maximum friendship energy upon a target without harming the surrounding environment! Its already done wonders for my insurance premiums!

And as for your niece, she's already made one of the classic tactical blunders: Never assume a mad scientist does not have more giant atomic monsters at his disposal.

*yet another massive portal opens infront of Nightcore*

Spoiler
    Show

GROOOHAAAAAAAH!
    AHAHAHA! The regenerating factor alone on this one should guarantee victory!

*Meanwhile*
    ...and finally I need you to flood those caverns under Manehatten with holy water. Trust me, this is an urgent matter of Equestrian national security.
    Signed, Prince Regeln.

*sends letter via dragonflame*
    Well, that's one down.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Is that a Spike body pillow?
    Haha! No, it's just his head. Body pillow would be... ugh.

I just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Chapter 1 of II is now published, should appear on FiMFiction soonish too. Let me know what you think, even if I'm not going to make any major changes at this point.
    Okay, I found my notes, two rather minor criticisms.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight Sparkle had left two days earlier on a vacation of her own, supposedly on the advice of the princess because Twilight would never take a vacation if it wasn't more or less an order.
    This seems to me like "presumably" would work better in context.

“Come out and face me,” she cried into the dark.
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine Dash saying this. Maybe "Come on out! I'm not afraid of you!" or something.

Yeah, very minor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    *Checks to see if thread is still here*
    You... had to check? Ponythread is immortal. You should know this by now.

Picture time!

Michelle Creber is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

This Day Aria, from Twilight's perspective:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs!
    Spoiler
    Show

Delicious!
    Spoiler
    Show

I wonder if she knows what went wrong?
    Spoiler
    Show

Remarkably awesome Discord art.
    Spoiler
    Show

*snerk*
    Spoiler
    Show

Cool Scoots anthro.
    Spoiler
    Show

And lastly, let's have some WAT, provided by rule 63 Rover combat nun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Bugbear in the Playground

You left, and when you came back you left a Portal to an eternal zombie apocalypse. You hve directly caused an influx of zombies. How is that any different from the end result of Silent's usual behavior? He's not really a cultist either, from the sounds of it. He's a cabalist who is conglomerating other cabals under a single unified directive. If anything we should bust him for trying to monopolize rather than for some hokey religion.
    We didn't leave open a portal when we- *looks behind, sees a swarm of zombies.*

How did I not notice that yet? Oh well...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be busy for a bit.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

*Has absolutely nothing to do with any of these space-shenanigans; sets up a stone ring instead!* :D

You are totally a cultist, dude. Totally.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

Spirits, I wish I knew.

I'm not a cultist.

At least, not on purpose, anyway.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will take your advice in stride, but you talk to me about priorties?

You insult me by thinking that I would ever let loose on the cult enough for it to rampage across equestria like a shadowy Centaur-led hoard. No, the fact that I assulted Canterlot is bad enough. Do you know what happenes when entities like myself willingly exposes themselves? The cult supports itself, and by exent it's allies, by surrounding itself with proxies and commanding them to do your bidding. The utter arrogance Boffenspark shows simply shows to me that, eventualy, he will end up like other stupidly foolish beings with to much personal power will: dead.

Ponythread RP - A Growth of Some Sort
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm. Perhaps you have some potential after all. We shall be watching how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

*snerk*
    Unicron the Unicorn. (Winged).
    I can work with that.

1) I've considered retroactively convincing the commodore to let me deaden the output of the coldbeam, put the Ponithid into a hibernative sleep and allow it to recover nutrients underground, in a manner convincing enough to prevent any argument, but everything has its time, an everything dies.

Poni died making a point, for her beliefs. That has weight. Her contrived survival would achieve far less. I am not in the business of diminishing the historical traction of my allies.

2) love it. Though she is not a single changeling, but a small family group. That's how she pops up EVERYWHERE, and why stuff is stashed around Ponyville.
    The family thing would work, but personally I just prefer the simplicity of it being one, almost entirely honest and non-duplicitous changeling to any kind of identity sharing thing.

Also, yes. It has taken on the feeling of a fixed point in time. At least due to Sean Mirrsen's universe-external shenanigans, I have a get-out clause through which to continue the tumblr posts, should I decide to. (But only because I suspect he won't actually do anything with the character, so I don't mind borrowing it).

Not that there's been any news on the tumblr front recently.

Spirits, I wish I knew.

Theory -
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, the whole crop of (presumably cute) RP was exported en-mass to the IRC, as I understood it. There was none for some time, till the whole Pokonic/Alebenson thing started getting out of hand. Their enthusiastic back and forth is at least confined mostly to spoilers now, even though it has that mildly depressing lack of any progress ever thing going for it at times. Increasingly, it doesn't even result in reposted pictures of ponies, just random pictures from the internet.

I suppose we could with effort spin off a more sane and grimdark-free continuity and start with some less Xtreme rping, but that would probably require a gentleponies agreement for them not to stumble through the middle of it trying to recruit for their factions.

Sometimes it's easier just to shrug and go with the whole "If you can't beat em, join em!" thing.

Hmm, interesting distinction.

Spoiler
    Show
    HAH! You sir, underestimate the genius behind my Friendship Cannon Array! As the beams are delivered via portals, I can unleash maximum friendship energy upon a target without harming the surrounding environment! Its already done wonders for my insurance premiums!

And as for your niece, she's already made one of the classic tactical blunders: Never assume a mad scientist does not have more giant atomic monsters at his disposal.

Spoiler
    Show

GROOOHAAAAAAAH!
    Ponythread RP - Appraising the Situation
    Spoiler
    Show
    So what you're saying is, you don't destroy cities anymore. And then you show us an image of one of your monsters destroying a city. Does that about cover it?

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I'm not a cultist.

At least, not on purpose, anyway.
    I worry sometimes that I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Fantastic stuff, sir.

A bevy Of questions.
    I have a mate who has decided normal role playing games have waned in value, and wants to do war games instead. Your systems look remarkably functional.
    Where can we get the rules?
    What system do you use to draft your models?
    Could you write up a bullet-point style, brief list of how you make them (including sizing and such)?
    Provided you aren't inundated with orders, would you be willing to draft basic models for pay?
    I'll probably come up with similar queries, over time. But as there's an actual opening for using the rules and sch, I figured now would be the time to ask.
    Oooh, you're asking for it now, aren't you...!

*deep metaphorical breath*

Spoiler
    Show
    The ground rules we use are Manoeuvre Group, which are commercially available here, along with a good lot of fold-flat terrain (because to get the most out of MG, you need proper terrain, i.e. more than the usual wargamer's one house and two hills; foldflat cardboard gives you enough space to do that!)

They've also got army lists there as well (which are in fact real army organisation structures, with some game stats stuck in at the end.)

For the sci-fi side of the rules, you have to talk nicely to your fiendly neighnourhood Lich!

As for models, you can, of course, use anything. MG itself doesn't have a generation system as such - because it's designed to model real-world combat - so making scifi stuff is a bit of trial and error and playtesting. (And, as I alluded to earlier, understanding that despite there being 20+ classes or armour and weapons that doesn't mean there really are in practise. The stats I knocked up for the Aotrs are beign revised slowly, in between the other stuff, because I made that misunderstanding myself when I first started to play. Basically, you end up playing around roughly in MBT tank/armour class +/-3 or so). But again, talk to aforementioned Lich...!

Designing my models. I personally use TurboCAD - mostly because I've used it for years - but of coruse that's a full CADs package and I'm not sure how much they are. (Ebay is probably worth a look - I use TCAD v16 for my 3D cadding (we have V17 but it doesn't render as well for some reason) which is about three or four version behind, so you might be able to pick it up quite cheap. My mate reckoned he saw it in town for about Ł8 the other week, so it's possible.) It's also worth noting I'm using the "deluxe" version, which is marketing talk for "the cheap crappy version which you can buy for Ł40-Ł80 quid new" as opposed to the Pro version or "how many thousand quid did you want to pay for the extra bells and whistles?!?"

Alternatively, you can use any CADs package, or even something like Blender (I use one of the older version, which has an add-on to import .dxf files so I can export to .stl files, which are the optimal format for Shapeways because they have a scale, but Shapeways has more acceptable formats now.) Blender is open-source, so it's free - but it's also open-source, so the UI (at least one the earlier version) is... well, crap. There are lots of tutorials on the web for it, though, but it works fundementally differently to TCAD. I can be completely exact with TurboCAD, whereas with Blender, it's a bit more about getting your eye in.

Or google sketch-up etc etc, whatever's your poison.

Whatever you use, though, be aware, that, like learning to draw, learning to make 3D models is going to be a time-sink, and 2D drawing skills are not massively translatable.

The way I make a model in TurboCAD is all about making developed shapes. Virtually everything I do is either built as an extrusion from a 2D shape or a loft between two equally noded (i.e. equal number of "corners") 2D shapes, a sweep along a line, or for thinsg like guns, a rotation. Boolean operations are the name of the name too, adding, subtracting, sometimes intersecting (things like the torsos of the Strayvian infantry were made by drawing a 2D shape, front, top and side, extruding them all together, and then using boolean intersect which means "get rid of all the bits of these two shapes that dont overlap" twice) and occasionally slicing off by workplane.

The workplane is basically the thing you do all the stuff on, your 2D paper as it were, and a lot of the work is moving the workplane around (such as, when doing, say the plating on the sides of a vehicle, I use "set work plane via three points" and then use snap-to-point to select the corners of the surface in question.)

Moving stuff about via linear copy is also a major element, as is moving stuff via the x,y,z co-ordinates (as in, move that gun back on the model (because I orientate them all the same way), some, ooh, about 0.5 on the y axix).

The final model is boolean added together (with any hollowing out - which is an unfortunate necessity at Shapeways - done as boolean subtraction). Sometimes, if you have something just at the wrong place (like a point touching a surface), I have to move things up and down by 0.01mm or something.

I then save it as a .dxf, slip over to Blender, import the .dxf and export as a .stl, then use a little program called netfabb to run a check (it often catches little problems with the mesh that you couldn't catch otherwise). Then it can be uploaded to Shapeways.

That probably doesn't all make much sense, but really, it's an art form all in itself (Thanqol probably couldn't bullet point his art process and tools used for me to understand very easily either!) and there's no subsitute for practice - and of course it entirely depends on what kind of package you're using.

Commissions are certainly possible (especially since if I'm getting paid, I can find some more time to do it) - I've done a couple of proper commissions (as opposed to a couple of modifications to some on my existing models that don't much effort); the going rate is about Ł40-50 for a model (maybe slightly higher) - at least that's what I've been getting, after being politely told by the nice chap I was designing for I was asking for well below what he was comfortable paying me! Scale doesn't usually make much difference in that, though obviously larger and more complex models take much more time. (As a rough guide, it usually takes me something of the order of eight-ten hours to do a model to completion if I'm having a good day - like with Applebloomtank. Shape also matters - things like the Delta ships or the Jalyrkieons are quicker to do that, say, the SSA or the Vivrathk fleets were.)

You honestly might be better starting off getting some existing models first - in any case Manoeuvre Group works at 72nd (25mm/28mm/ the size of roelplaying figures) and 144th (12mm, or half that) and the former is not practical for steriolithe models yet. You could play at 15mm, which is rather more popular for scifi (because you can have big vehicles but without breaking the bank) but then you have to make your own buildings! (Which is doable, again if you want to put the time in - you start with cerial boxes. Seriously, they already have the folds in.) Assuming you don't go to Games Workshop, there are lots of other places with far more sensible prices that do scifi - and of course WW2/modern if you choose that particular poison. A good place to start would be to go to TMP, The Miniatures Page, wherein there are forums to talk to people about.

All of that model/rule talk is for the ground combat side, of course. For starships, you have to grovel real nice to magical space-liches, and if you're very good, they can send you their as-yet-unreleased-but-like 99.999% complete starship rules. There is even a "starter set" which is a (slightly!) cut-down version of the main rules with just the rules for the bits the Stone Portals and Vivrathk fleets use, with a set of markers for starships so you can almost sorta play out of the "box."

Starship model wise, you're really spoilt for choice. Aside from the Shipyards, there's crap-loads of places on Shapeways, and of course, even more regular castings. Two companies of particualr note are Ground Zero Games (which is arguably the biggest starship guys, though they do loads of other stuff like 25 and 15mm stuff too) and Irregular Miniatures, which do pretty fracking everything of variable quality, but at very cheap prices.

Does that begin to answer your questions...?

Also, to keep this tangentially pony-related, and even sort of relevant to what I'm blathering about, here is Applejack wearing an Irregular Miniatures Human Destroyer (or as we would say, a ubiquitous Delta Heavy Cruiser, this particular one in the livalry of the former paramiliary self-styled Imperator Caesar) as a hat.

(Yes, some of you may have seen it before, so sue me, it's too dark to take a new picture!)

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-22 at 05:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Banned

"Heyya. I have some, ah, bread here. As a good-meeting gift. I hope we can be friends!"
    "Why, ah, are you suggesting this, good sir?"

Everything you say know sounds like the voice of Soos. :o
    Bread upon meeting? Great. Starry, we are bound by hospitality now.

And the stones are an old superstition is all. Helpful in these evil times. Actually...
    Starry, I'm activating you to see this to fruition. Fresh is now an investment. Keep him safe.

What? This sucks I just got off the Bleak despair!

Your cover identity would be sufficient to prevent your arrest for War Crines, and his wards would keep you safe from Celestia's hounds. Do it.

You didn't shoot. I am... Surprised. Perhaps there is yet hope.

Just in case however, Starry, you'll need to set up a forbiddance around Ponyville proper. I'll handle the rest when you're done.

How am I going to get the power for that?! Ugh. Fine.

Belle and the Breadmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

Ugh I'm surprised nothing nearby is on fire I hate this shadow.
    Hi Fresh! My name is, uh, let's see. Call me Constance! And I am a, I dunno, traveling charlatan or something. Astrologer? Yes! I'm an astrologer!
    We should be friends! Soon I'd possible, I'm kinda hungry...

"Constance" smiles broadly at the wheat farmer
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-22 at 05:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Okay, I found my notes, two rather minor criticisms.
    Spoiler
    Show

This seems to me like "presumably" would work better in context.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine Dash saying this. Maybe "Come on out! I'm not afraid of you!" or something.

Yeah, very minor points.
    Good points. Thanks

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    All of that model/rule talk is for the ground combat side, of course. For starships, you have to grovel real nice to magical space-liches, and if you're very good, they can send you their as-yet-unreleased-but-like 99.999% complete starship rules.
    Wait, after ALL my grovelling, I haven't got them?
    HOW MUCH GROVELLING DO YOU NEED?!
    I got your army the best bio-weaponry since the loss of the whatchamacallems!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    *snerk*
    Spoiler
    Show
    *double snerk*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Wait, after ALL my grovelling, I haven't got them?
    I got your army the best bio-weaponry since the loss of the whatchamacallems!
    You never asked...

Also you need an email address (PM'd or sent via my email address of my profile), since you can't send attachements via PM.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-22 at 05:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Belle and the Breadmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

Hi Fresh! My name is, uh, let's see. Call me Constance! And I am a, I dunno, traveling charlatan or something. Astrologer? Yes! I'm an astrologer!

A Breadmaker and a Belle!

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, well, I just moved into this little town... I heard it had a good market for fresh made, delicious bread. I brought a few dozen loafs, to use as, you know, ice breakers!"

The tan-colored earth pony hands Constance the astrologer a loaf of semi-fresh bread.

So, has RP and weapon discussion been mostly what's been happening here?

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, well, I just moved into this little town... I heard it had a good market for fresh made, delicious bread. I brought a few dozen loafs, to use as, you know, ice breakers!"

The tan-colored earth pony hands Constance the astrologer a loaf of semi-fresh bread.

Today? Yes.

A day or so ago, there was bemoaning (mostly by me) that there were too many sad "somepony especially, but not limited to, Spike or everypony apart from Spike dies" fics and not enough good humour fics.

And y'know, other people did things to...

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spirits, I wish I knew.

I resent that. I'm not a cultist--I just supply them with weapons every now and again.

Well, I shall be... a farmer pony! HE SHALL RAISE WHEAT AND HIS NAME WILL BE... FRESH LOAF!

"...Oh. Um. Hi, everyone!"
    The Bombmaker and the Breadmaker
    Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Allow me to introduce myself! I am known as Dive Bomb, the Explosion Lord, or occasionally as "Hay You" by pursuing guards. This is my butler-***-bodyguard Blunt Trauma and my daughter Athena.

A pleasure.

'Sup?

And, seeing as you are new and we're certain to be great friends, let me give you some things to help you set up. First, we have this lovely certificate, good for a... large sum of bits at the First Bank of Canterlot. It should help you get set up, should you need it. The second item, or more correctly, items, is this sack of mini-grenukes. One, properly placed, could somewhat messily till a field, remove any troublesome rocks or trees, and they're certain to get rid of any angry timber wolves. Just be careful--they explode on impact, so don't drop them.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Firbolg in the Playground

[SPOILER]HAH! You sir, underestimate the genius behind my Friendship Cannon Array! As the beams are delivered via portals, I can unleash maximum friendship energy upon a target without harming the surrounding environment! Its already done wonders for my insurance premiums!

Spoiler
    Show

GROOOHAAAAAAAH!

The Ichor of The Meddler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, thats the last of the fire elementals.....wait, whats.....ah, another doombeast. Wait a moment, what is that little filly-DONT YOU TOUCH HER!

Hey, mista thingy, could you leave now?

SCRREEEEEEEE-SWU?

Pweese?

Spoiler
    Show

SCWU.......

"walks off"

Yay, I did it!

But...how. Your small and more importently, edible.

Miss Glory taught me how to a lonnnnngggg time ago. I just think realy hard about what makes something move, and when I want them to go away they do!

Wait, soul magic? Who in the name of the Nightmare would teach you th-

"portal"
    -socoldsocoldscoldsocold.....

She did!

........Ah. I wonder what Silent must think about his little crazy filly learning to be crazier than he is.

"meanwhile"

Eh, she's a grown mare, she can take care of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Ponythread RP - A Growth of Some Sort
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm. Perhaps you have some potential after all. We shall be watching how you get on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefuly, we can keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ALL THE GROVELLING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

*nom nom nom*

They...

They are made with love ;~;
    *Hugs Fresh Loaf*
    We are going to be good friends~!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I resent that. I'm not a cultist--I just supply them with weapons every now and again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Allow me to introduce myself! I am known as Dive Bomb, the Explosion Lord, or occasionally as "Hay You" by pursuing guards. This is my butler-***-bodyguard Blunt Trauma and my daughter Athena.

A pleasure.

'Sup?

And, seeing as you are new and we're certain to be great friends, let me give you some things to help you set up. First, we have this lovely certificate, good for a... large sum of bits at the First Bank of Canterlot. It should help you get set up, should you need it. The second item, or more correctly, items, is this sack of mini-grenukes. One, properly placed, could somewhat messily till a field, remove any troublesome rocks or trees, and they're certain to get rid of any angry timber wolves. Just be careful--they explode on impact, so don't drop them.
    pssst! I'd be careful with that stuff if I were you. Anything overtly magical or technological on the weapons end of the spectrum around here is liable to go poorly. I don't know what he did, but it's best not to find out...

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

wait a minute, we have a zombie invasion? when did this happen?
    Spoiler
    Show

*steps out of very large portal*
    *cackles maniacally*
    i really shouldn't
    *twitches*
    i mean, it's not like they're really ponies.
    *wriggles*
    there's no substitute for real ponies.

but i want to so badly.
    *opens giany gummy portal
    Spoiler
    Show

time to play
    Spoiler
    Show

*begins rampaging through the undead masses*
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

21. - Top - End - #1311

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    wait a minute, we have a zombie invasion? when did this happen?
    Spoiler
    Show

*steps out of very large portal*
    *cackles maniacally*
    i really shouldn't
    *twitches*
    i mean, it's not like they're really ponies.
    *wriggles*
    there's no substitute for real ponies.

but i want to so badly.
    *opens giany gummy portal
    Spoiler
    Show

time to play
    Spoiler
    Show

*begins rampaging through the undead masses*
    Back off. I brought them here, so it's my responsibility to kill them.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Banned

Arguing over murder rights....
    This shadow may be too far gone, Starry. I wish you the best.

In a more topical twist, we are thinking of making My little pony: the thread: the Game: the RPG. That is, grabbing a system, figuring out something vaguely akin to a story, and playing out the thread the game the show as a PbP. Thoughts?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

A pleasure.

'Sup?

*nom nom nom*

They...

They are made with love ;~;
    *Hugs Fresh Loaf*
    We are going to be good friends~!

pssst! I'd be careful with that stuff if I were you. Anything overtly magical or technological on the weapons end of the spectrum around here is liable to go poorly. I don't know what he did, but it's best not to find out...
    The Belle and the Breadmaker [FFRP] [Slice of Life]

Spoiler
    Show
    Wheat looks at the pony who... just tried to sell him explosives. "I'd rather not blow the soil out of my fields, thank you very much. And thanks, but the Loaf's don't accept handou--ack!" The pony is suddenly cut off by a surprise hug from the nice mare he has just met!

"Oh, well, thanks, Miss Constance. It's an old family recipe, hoofed down in the Loaf family for generations. And I'll make sure to stay away from magical devices." He smiles! This town seems a bit eccentric... but also, pretty interesting!

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ettin in the Playground

BlasTech yay~ :D
    Yay!

PonyRP: The Yeast of Friendship rises.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Bread, sweet!" *noms*

"Why thank you, I don't presume to have much knowldge of petriculture but I'd be happy to help for a bit in moving those rocks"

"Actually, those are a variation of basalt called Dolerite or Diabase. Generally subvolcanic, quite solid and very good at absorbing magical energy and spells ... also has a good chance of containing trace glass crystals, so they're quite sparkly in the right conditions."

*Stares at the guardpony*

"What?"

*Has absolutely nothing to do with any of these space-shenanigans; sets up a stone ring instead!* :D
    The bReadP continues:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, you guys go ahead and do that. I don't do any friendly huggy stuff like this unless there's something in it for me."

"You mean besides the free bread?"

"Well, yeah."

Bread upon meeting? Great. Starry, we are bound by hospitality now.

And the stones are an old superstition is all. Helpful in these evil times. Actually...
    Starry, I'm activating you to see this to fruition. Fresh is now an investment. Keep him safe.

What? This sucks I just got off the Bleak despair!

Your cover identity would be sufficient to prevent your arrest for War Crines, and his wards would keep you safe from Celestia's hounds. Do it.
    Did I mention that the guardpony is there?

Belle and the Breadmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

*Igneous Staaaaarrreeeeeessss at the newcomer.*

Spoiler
    Show

Well, that and me trying to recruit/solicit ideas for a pony PbP RPG.

Speaking of which, Thanq, DD, any chance I can catch you guys for ideas sometime? I need some help with a plot thing.

Spoiler
    Show

A pleasure.

'Sup?

RP Fresh from the baker's oven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Igneous waves to the other newcomers*

"Hay you!"

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it didn't get buried by the thread.
    Here it is again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll start by saying that I'm not a fan of human-in-Equestria stories, and I find first person perspective a little tricky or even jarring at times. I didn't have any major problems with the story aside from that, it was well written and interesting, so I reckon most of my issues were just a matter of taste.

Interesting bit about pegasi and fog. I was rather curious about why Fluttershy was moving like she did, and definitely surprised by the answer.

A few mistakes I caught:

I turned and reached toward to[the] glove box
    was completely totaled
    "Completely" seems a little redundant in front of "totaled", perhaps.

but between my tear-stained cheeks and the nosebleed I was sure I had it probably didn’t look very good
    This sentence seemed a little clumsy, the "I was sure I had" kinda threw me off, maybe add a "which" in front or a comma after "had", or both.

Suddenly her eyes widened and she shoved her entire hoof in her mouth.
    I find it a little hard to imagine Pinkie casually breaking a promise.

in the favor of the only pony who [had] actually been helpful so far.
    No, they’ll think we’ve run into [a] monster
    Pinkie licked her lips, I can[could] only assume imagining enough molasses to swim in.
    Went from past to present tense there. Or perhaps change the sentence a bit, maybe "Pinkie licked her lips, no doubt imagining enough molasses to swim in."

I[t] had been a long day already, and I was dead tired.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-08-22 at 06:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Does anybody in Ponythread play Starcraft 2?
    I do rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I didn't learn anything!

....Really, the falcon earned that post, it's hard looking down when you're still struggling a race against others, sure, tank won cuz he showed loyalty and helped her out, but still, the falcon just goes over that for me
    Is it really surprising that the Element of Loyalty took the most loyal pet?

So... did anyone read mine? I'm still looking for input.
    I'm getting to it
    Spirits, I wish I knew.

Not a cultist though I rarely RP

In a more topical twist, we are thinking of making My little pony: the thread: the Game: the RPG. That is, grabbing a system, figuring out something vaguely akin to a story, and playing out the thread the game the show as a PbP. Thoughts?
    I'm interested but what powerlevel would it be at?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey guys. I think I shall celebrate my return with this picture. Its a reference to another game I play all in one. Enjoy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ya know, I can't play League of Legends. From what I've heard about the community, sticking a knife in my eyeball sounds like a better use of my time.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

i kinda like the random silly non-rule-ness of what we have. besides, i dont thnk splitting the thread would be for the best. most of the RP comes from actual mlp discussion. and vice-versa

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Back off. I brought them here, so it's my responsibility to kill them.
    I'm sorry, who are you again?
    *pauses*
    oh, i remember!
    *smashes zombie into it at super sonic speeds*
    i don't care
    *leans down*
    and if you interupt my fun again, i won't use something so squishy
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-08-22 at 06:51 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Banned

The Belle and the Breadmaker [FFRP] [Slice of Life]

Spoiler
    Show
    Wheat looks at the pony who... just tried to sell him explosives. "I'd rather not blow the soil out of my fields, thank you very much. And thanks, but the Loaf's don't accept handou--ack!" The pony is suddenly cut off by a surprise hug from the nice mare he has just met!

"Oh, well, thanks, Miss Constance. It's an old family recipe, hoofed down in the Loaf family for generations. And I'll make sure to stay away from magical devices." He smiles! This town seems a bit eccentric... but also, pretty interesting!
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Did I mention that the guardpony is there?
    Pffff hahaha do I look like a changeling? I mean really. Don't you ever say silly things? You should! It's fun!
    go go gadget epic wards >_<

30. - Top - End - #1320

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it didn't get buried by the thread.
    Here it is again.
    Alright let's see what we've got here

Spoiler
    Show

Overall: It's okay. Not great, not bad, just okay.

No gigantic spelling or grammar errors jumped out at me, always a good sign.

The first thing I notice is that three chapters into the story I have no idea what kind of a person your human protagonist is. Obviously the Mane 6 have predefined personalities if you're definitely going to use them, but you have to give us more to go on with Regis. Take for example that the emergency kit was something his mother insisted he carry. Is he young enough that his Mom can force him to do something like that, or is he an independent adult and she just nagged him about it until he bought one to shut her up?

I think you're doing a pretty good job with the "alien world" thing although I do hope you'll expand it into a wider variety of settings unless your thesaurus has a whole lot of synonyms for "grey" and "rock."

I would also suggest you figure out what you want these guys to actually be doing and get to that as quickly as possible. You can keep developing the characters and relationships while other things are going on, no need to spend too long establishing everything before the plot gets moving
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube