New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    NEVER. INSULT. KENNETH. BRANAGH. IN. FRONT. OF. ME.
    What, are you going to give me a pig's tail?

Seriously, though, he's a fine, fine actor. He was a good Thor. He just needed better material to work with, I think. The whole thing felt rushed to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Well ... No. Let's just say it involved a girl I like.
    Thats information that is enough. Congragulations!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    What, are you going to give me a pig's tail?

Seriously, though, he's a fine, fine actor. He was a good Thor. He just needed better material to work with, I think. The whole thing felt rushed to me.
    Branagh is a fine, fine, actor. In Thor, he was the director, though.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-08-25 at 12:26 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Branagh is a fine, fine, actor. In Thor, he was the director, though.
    Oh, and AT, if you didn't want us to know the full story, you shouldn't have posted that first. Someone (i.e., me) could see it and know things they would rather not.
    I feel so silly. I knew that. I'm sorry, it's late. Maybe that's his excuse, too?

I once saw a cat give birth.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-25 at 12:27 AM.
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Branagh was that cat. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Bugbear in the Playground

I feel so silly. I knew that. I'm sorry, it's late. Maybe that's his excuse, too?

It's late here too.

I once saw a dog kill and eat a cat.

Branagh was not that cat.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-08-25 at 12:35 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

7. - Top - End - #787

NecromancerGuy

I had to remind a mama cat to pay attention to the runt of its litter once.

...Fresh out of the cat kittens are very ...unpleasant... to touch.

And then her sister who had given birth 3 days beforehand stole the runt the next day and tried to raise it as one of her kittens.

I was so tired from setting things up for two pregnant cats to give birth that I was just glad that despite my efforts to keep them entirely separate, they weren't going to try to kill their siblings' offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I had to remind a mama cat to pay attention to the runt of its litter once.

...Fresh out of the cat kittens are very ...unpleasant... to touch.

And then her sister who had given birth 3 days beforehand stole the runt the next day and tried to raise it as one of her kittens.

I was so tired from setting things up for two pregnant cats to give birth that I was just glad that despite my efforts to keep them entirely separate, they weren't going to try to kill their siblings' offspring.
    Cats rarely kill their offspring and have this unique ability to be unable to remember which kittens are theirs. I can't remember all the details, but I have a book somewhere that explains the whole thing.
    Just take into account that cats like to change their nest site at least once while they're raising kittens.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Branagh was not that cat.
    Can you be 100% positive of that?

10. - Top - End - #790
    Firbolg in the Playground

Crack fics at midnight while listening to mashups of video game quotes and anime AMVS.

Guys, I don't want summer to be over yet.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd say something about how Summer won't start until December, but I should be respectful of you Northern Hemispherians and your broken seasons.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I've been in school for 9 days. You'll live.

ION: Oh my God am I excited for the Con in ... 14 hours. I thought I was going to be near broke and I somehow got my hands on an additional $30. I'm so happy that I have such good friends. THIS WEEKEND WILL BE AMAZING!!!

13. - Top - End - #793
    Banned

ION: Oh my God am I excited for the Con in ... 14 hours. I thought I was going to be near broke and I somehow got my hands on an additional $30. I'm so happy that I have such good friends. THIS WEEKEND WILL BE AMAZING!!!
    Have fuuuuun!

14. - Top - End - #794

Crack fics at midnight while listening to mashups of video game quotes and anime AMVS.

If I could stop the turning of the world so summer was forever, I'd do it for you. Unfortunately I cannot.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    If I could stop the turning of the world so summer was forever, I'd do it for you. Unfortunately I cannot.
    This'd have a few unfortunate consequences, however, the most noteworthy one being the beginning of Earth's ultimately fatal descent into the sun.

Unless you mean that you're going to synchronise the earth's rotation around itself with it's rotation around the sun, in which case you're only going to doom all life in existence (okay, something may survive in the twilight zone).
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Have fuuuuun!
    Thaaaaaaaaaaank you.

Man, school is fun. You get to see all your friends again. I'm making the best of my senior year. It's all gonna be about the three Cs. Concerts, Conventions, and Comrades.

Not that I'm going to let my grades drop. I totally need to up my math SAT score. Bah. Oh well. Fun year will be fun.

I am totally not tipsy.

17. - Top - End - #797

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    This'd have a few unfortunate consequences, however, the most noteworthy one being the beginning of Earth's ultimately fatal descent into the sun.

Unless you mean that you're going to synchronise the earth's rotation around itself with it's rotation around the sun, in which case you're only going to doom all life in existence (okay, something may survive in the twilight zone).
    Yha, I know. Maybe I'll just rewrite reality instead...either way, it's just wishfull thinking. The least I can do is fill Moonie's life with joy so she can have it be summer always in her heart.

So cheesy~

18. - Top - End - #798
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd say something about how Summer won't start until December, but I should be respectful of you Northern Hemispherians and your broken seasons.
    Augh, southern hemisphere is so weird.

I will, but gods, I hate the idea of doing all the pointless work again. Feeling constantly sleep deprived... Talking to people... Trying to remember how to be social again... (seriously, the one time I did see some people I knew from school this summer, I was trying to act normal, and I ended up and like and combination between Black Star and the Mad Hatter)

Which con? I've never been to any cons. Have fun!

Most likely, we'd be stuck with the ungodly temperatures, but the school year would still begin as normal.

Man, school is fun. You get to see all your friends again. I'm making the best of my senior year. It's all gonna be about the three Cs. Concerts, Conventions, and Comrades.

Not that I'm going to let my grades drop. I totally need to up my math SAT score. Bah. Oh well. Fun year will be fun.

I am totally not tipsy.
    I was literally for days into the summer vacation when I remember thinking I wanted to go back to school so I'd have people to talk to. I totally get that. However, I just got y'all back again, and there's no one in the school who I genuinely feel happy/comfortable around.

...Work. Oh god, work. (And I'm getting progressively more freaked out about my life after high school too. I don't want time to keep moving!)

I wish I were tipsy. (Amusing story about this one time in France there, but I am way too nervous-for-no-apparent-reason right now.)

Yha, I know. Maybe I'll just rewrite reality instead...either way, it's just wishfull thinking. The least I can do is fill Moonie's life with joy so she can have it be summer always in her heart.

So cheesy~
    My mother has constantly referred to me as having an eternal summer because of my habitual underdressing.* Apparently she thinks that if I'm waist-deep in snow I shouldn't be wearing a tee-shirt and a skirt.

*With the exception of when I feel like irritating my dad to no end by wearing a sweatshirt in a 90< degree climate while he is almost immobilized from heat while not wearing a shirt.

Yes. Cheesy. Be very, very, ashamed.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Augh, southern hemisphere is so weird.
    I could always simply state that we're normal and that the Northern Hemisphere is weird, but that's a debate with no clear winning side.
    So, I'll just stay here and watch the Sun and Moon traverse the Northern part of the sky before setting.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #800

NecromancerGuy

Sounds like Zodi's due for a copy of Wintersmith next time it comes around to the gift-giving season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #801
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Sounds like Zodi's due for a copy of Wintersmith next time it comes around to the gift-giving season.
    Honestly, LaZodiac's post read so much like "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country" that it wasn't funny. Or, well, you know, that it was funny, because it was. But it was also uncanny.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #802

BlackDragon

It also wouldn't have the intended effect of making it always summer in any case--it's the Earth's axial tilt which is largely responsible for the seasons, so what Zodi should be trying to do is straighten up that pesky 23 degree lean, not stop the Earth turning.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It also wouldn't have the intended effect of making it always summer in any case--it's the Earth's axial tilt which is largely responsible for the seasons, so what Zodi should be trying to do is straighten up that pesky 23 degree lean, not stop the Earth turning.
    Well, the first interpretation I did still holds true, because if you stop Earth's revolution around the sun, the seasons will be what they were at the stopping moment, and will remain so until Earth plummets into the sun (assuming no other celestial bodies smash us into orbit again, that is).

My second interpretation was just derp. It won't deal with seasons at all (but will still kill most lifeforms on Earth).

That said, straightening the 23 degree lean will kill the summer as well, and throw the world into a perpetual spring/autumn. Making the axis spin around the sun so that the north end always points toward it would solve the problem for her. Alas, that's impossible due to the way a gyro works.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate muscle pain that strikes without warning and without reason.

Stop that arm muscles, or I swear I will amputate you!

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Well ... No. Let's just say it involved a girl I like.
    I don't even like hearing about relationships and I still want to know O_O
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #806

If I had any idea what that was, I'd likely be more amused

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Honestly, LaZodiac's post read so much like "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country" that it wasn't funny. Or, well, you know, that it was funny, because it was. But it was also uncanny.
    In retrospect, wow it kinda does sound like that.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

That said, straightening the 23 degree lean will kill the summer as well, and throw the world into a perpetual spring/autumn. Making the axis spin around the sun so that the north end always points toward it would solve the problem for her. Alas, that's impossible due to the way a gyro works.
    Considering that Venus lacks our lean, and has a few more problems than perpetual spautumn, I think it might have a few more serious consequences than that.

With that said, I like the winter, anyway. Actually, I like all seasons. Having one of them perpetually (even through mighty magic, say, which would eliminate most or all of the potential problems) would be dang dull to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I will, but gods, I hate the idea of doing all the pointless work again. Feeling constantly sleep deprived... Talking to people... Trying to remember how to be social again... (seriously, the one time I did see some people I knew from school this summer, I was trying to act normal, and I ended up and like and combination between Black Star and the Mad Hatter)

Which con? I've never been to any cons. Have fun!
    Alas. Do you not have a small group of good friend that you can hang out with? I mean, it's not like everyone in high school is a nice person to be around, but you've go to have some people you like to be around, yeah? I know when I was an underclassman I almost never socialized, and oh boy, do I regret it.

Freshman year all I did was do D&D.
    Sophomore year I did D&D, the fall play, and mentoring.
    Junior year I did D&D, the fall play, the spring susical, mentoring, and trivia bowl.
    This year? I don't even know. All that stuff. And I started a theater club. You just got to find the sort of people you like to be around and take initiative.

As for the Con it's just a tiny one. It doesn't even have a Wiki page like the "big" one I go to at the end of January. Maybe, like, 2000 people will show up all weekend? It'll still be fun though. That's why I'm going with good friends. Although, they did get the Hyatt this year. Maybe they're expecting an attendance spike. Hmm.

I was literally for days into the summer vacation when I remember thinking I wanted to go back to school so I'd have people to talk to. I totally get that. However, I just got y'all back again, and there's no one in the school who I genuinely feel happy/comfortable around.

...Work. Oh god, work. (And I'm getting progressively more freaked out about my life after high school too. I don't want time to keep moving!)

I wish I were tipsy. (Amusing story about this one time in France there, but I am way too nervous-for-no-apparent-reason right now.)
    Aww, that's sweet.

Ugh, yeah, I got you on that one. Location is playing way too much into where I want to go to College. I know that basically whatever happens and/or I do a year abroad, it's Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, or Minnesota, but still. Yeesh. And then I need to get an actual job. Thinking I'm going to apply to a place that sells random used stuff. Fun place. And my friend works there. Minimum wage for inventory doesn't sound too bad if I have a buddy.

Perhaps some other time.

I don't even like hearing about relationships and I still want to know O_O
    Nah, you don't. It's suffice to say I had a good time with people I enjoy being around.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-08-25 at 09:25 AM.

29. - Top - End - #809

Man, times like this I feel kinda bummed out I'm still all alone.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man, times like this I feel kinda bummed out I'm still all alone.
    Fake it till you make it a surprisingly useful way of gaining confidence. And with confidence, comes a better perceived image. Or so I have found.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-08-25 at 09:54 AM.