New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1527
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

But wrists are so sensual, and soft, and delicate, and vulnerable -- how delightful to nibble and kiss the bluey whiteness of a dainty wrist, the hand angled back from it voluptuously like a petal.

Unless it be worryingly irritated like mine, and so help me God if I have scabies again I'm going to jump into a bonfire

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Thnak you, I'm going to have nightmares now. Seriously, that make sme feel physically sick.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat
    I don't get it.
    You dont want to.

If your pants are bothering you so much take em offGODDAMMIT i have no self control
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You dont want to.

If your pants are bothering you so much take em offGODDAMMIT i have no self control
    I would rather wear pants than show at school in my underwear, though I'd totally listen to you if I weren't going to school in half an hour.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground

*offers long-sleeved hug to much abused MoonCat*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *offers long-sleeved hug to much abused MoonCat*
    <hugs back> You're cool.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I would rather wear pants than show at school in my underwear, though I'd totally listen to you if I weren't going to school in half an hour.
    Okay, Mooncat?

NEVER listen to ANY advice I give. It's all bad. Warhammer 40K gives better advice than I do, because at least it's fun to say!

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Err... You should probably investigate getting some professional help with that, then. Kinda makes life a whole lot less fun.... or ....wait....are we talking about wrists?

...How on earth can you avoid seeing your wrists?
    I once met a young lady who was completely petrified of hands.
    A foot phobia seems to also be somewhat common, though I've never understood most bodily phobias myself.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Colossus in the Playground

Thnak you, I'm going to have nightmares now. Seriously, that make sme feel physically sick.
    Sorry about sort of instigating that. How can I make it up to yoooou *falls over*

*stamp of approval

10. - Top - End - #1060

NecromancerGuy

Keep your arms to your side at all times, or clasp them behind your back. Also, she said 'look at', not 'see'.
    Semantics Seamantics.

Well, I surround myself. I'm pretty sure none of them respect me in the slightest.
    Hmm. Sounds like you need to make them respect you or doublecheck to make sure that you haven't let your prejudices blind you to people who are actually enjoyable to be around.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-08-27 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    First of all, I kind of like Dora the Explorer as the show is so easy to make fun of (and I can't help but root for Swiper everytime he tries to steal something).
    There is now a life action parody movie trailer.

Secondly, it'd mean no responsibilities at all, because if they want something included, they'd have to say it themselves, and I work the best when someone else tells me what to do.
    They'd probably want the code to be bilingual.

Thirdly, it'd give me the opportunity to sneak all sorts of hidden messages in the game, hopefully prompting the gathering of a team of assorted nerd and hackers who'd go on an epic quest to find and save me. More realistically, nothing would happen, but since my trademark humour relies on obfuscation, I'd have fun nevertheless.
    Until several decades later some kid actually founds it like it has already happened several times.

How likely do you think it is that a bullet hit on a modern soldier is going to be fatal, for example?).
    I'd say it depends on where it has hit, hygienic conditions and access to medical personal. A bullet shot in the dessert is less problematic than one on a mosquitoes and malaria ridden jungle. But external factors aside I'm going by the 5% which is the civilian survival chance for a bullet shot, but then considering soldiers are more likely to be shot repeatedly and the calculation is probably done by counting each bullet a soldier survives but grouping 40 bullets on a soldier as only a single killing one and ignoring the other 39 for the statistic I'd wager it goes down to at least 2% or bellow, probably bellow, by a fair margin.
    Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't this combat advantage stem from right-handed people not getting sufficient training in fencing left-handed people as compared to the vice versa, because the odd angles are going to be exactly the same versus left-hand fencing people as they will be for them (although mirrored), and thus, wouldn't learning how to fight left-hand fencing people properly with your right hand (assuming that's your on-hand) ultimately prove to be more efficient that fencing with your off-hand, which inevitably will be more clumsy, and thus give them home ground advantage (assuming that they've sparred against other left-hand fencers as well)?
    The advantage comes from conditioning for right handers, you assume symmetry (because you face each other your open area coincides with your opponent's rapier, while fighting an opposite hander makes the rapier's face each other and the open areas face each other), left handers don't get such a privilege and have to learn to get to the open area through different methods. Left handers actually don't normally expect left-handers either because lefties are rarer than right handers. Learning to fight a left hander properly with your right hand is useful but you don't get an advantage against right handers that way, and right handers are again, more abundant. While learning left handed is a bit harder at first it does become natural rather soon and at least I, am able to run against left handers without much problem since for fencing left is my on-hand.

Nope. Professional help would try and expose me to wrists to help me. I'd rather have spiders crawling on me that that.
    Uh... no. That's one method, there are several, and even professional help is vague, a psychologist could ask you to get psychiatric help, and both of the methods would be very different (therapy, therapy plus medication, just medication). Even therapy will be rather different dependant on the psychologist speciality.

Regarding carpophobia what my psychologist explained to me regarding most unusual phobias was that you'd much rather treat the subconscious reason for the phobia than the phobia itself which in this case seems appropiate.
    ION: MoonCat is currently wearing jeans. MoonCat hates wearing jeans. MoonCat is currently exceedingly pissed.
    I hate jeans as well, hence I do not buy them, allow them to be bought for me, or not exchange them for something else, that way I don't even own jeans. Which leads to questioning why you are wearing them on the first place?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-27 at 12:22 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    I once met a young lady who was completely petrified of hands.
    A foot phobia seems to also be somewhat common, though I've never understood most bodily phobias myself.
    I think I understand a part of it. I used to be rather paranoid about puncture wounds on my neck, and it has always been an area which has felt quite vulnerable to me (perhaps I was Lucy Westenra in some past incarnation). Although I don't at all have a problem with seeing necks, so I don't think it's quite what MoonCat means when she describes her fear of wrists, but perhaps it's similar on some level.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Oh man, I'm having the nuttiest deja vu going on right now. See, the last time Luna and her relationship to wrists were on the carpet, the discussion ended with me becoming hyperaware of my own wrists, and now it's happened again. I just can't stop thinking about what's going on with them.

Thankfully, I'm half a house away from the kitchen, so there are no knives within arms reach, which is good, because while I'm not phobic toward knives the way I am toward syringes, I still seriously dislike it when people point one toward me, and in this state of hyperawareness, I would become even more paranoid about them than I already am.
    Great, now I can't stop thinking about neither wrists nor knives, and it doesn't help that wrists and knives makes such a wonderfully terrible combination. Yay...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

*Note to self: make sure to ask for pants removal after school.

Joking, joking.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

15. - Top - End - #1065

Oh man, I'm having the nuttiest deja vu going on right now. See, the last time Luna and her relationship to wrists were on the carpet, the discussion ended with me becoming hyperaware of my own wrists, and now it's happened again. I just can't stop thinking about what's going on with them.

Thankfully, I'm half a house away from the kitchen, so there are no knives within arms reach, which is good, because while I'm not phobic toward knives the way I am toward syringes, I still seriously dislike it when people point one toward me, and in this state of hyperawareness, I would become even more paranoid about them than I already am.
    Great, now I can't stop thinking about neither wrists nor knives, and it doesn't help that wrists and knives makes such a wonderfully terrible combination. Yay...
    Not to sound crude, but a way you COULD take your mind off of it is to do some art

Seriously though, if I could help take your mind off I would. That'd kinda suck, having thoughts like that.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    They'd probably want the code to be bilingual.
    I can do that. The code is in Swenglish, the documentation in badly mangled German (and complete mess of misleading crossreferences and strange phrasings anyway).

I'd say it depends on where it has hit, hygienic conditions and access to medical personal. A bullet shot in the dessert is less problematic than one on a mosquitoes and malaria ridden jungle. But external factors aside I'm going by the 5% which is the civilian survival chance for a bullet shot, but then considering soldiers are more likely to be shot repeatedly and the calculation is probably done by counting each bullet a soldier survives but grouping 40 bullets on a soldier as only a single killing one and ignoring the other 39 for the statistic I'd wager it goes down to at least 2% or bellow, probably bellow, by a fair margin.
    2-3% is the number that I've heard, mostly thanks to the bullet-proof vests and helmets. In fact, if you intend to battle infantry nowadays, you should treat them like light vehicles for all purposes. A rifle bullet to the chest will only be as effective as a hard punch (I don't know if broken ribs still are a possibility with the newest generation of protection), but a direct hit with an RPG is still likely to be fatal. I wonder how long it'll take to achieve protection á la Warhammer 40K?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Not to sound crude, but a way you COULD take your mind off of it is to do some art

Seriously though, if I could help take your mind off I would. That'd kinda suck, having thoughts like that.
    So, you noticed?

Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

That's how I want to die

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Being smart is no excuse for being a jerk >.>
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    But wrists are so sensual, and soft, and delicate, and vulnerable -- how delightful to nibble and kiss the bluey whiteness of a dainty wrist, the hand angled back from it voluptuously like a petal.
    This made me laugh.
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

19. - Top - End - #1069

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    This made me laugh.
    Don't knock it till you've tried it. Though, I admit, I'm more of a vampire, haha.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

*Sidles into the corner*

Hey guys, what's going on in here? Don't mind me, just peeking in.

21. - Top - End - #1071

So, you noticed?
    Noticed what? I know you posted that thing in the favorite playgrounder thread, and mentioned as such when I noticed it, but I'm not sure what you're refering to here XP

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    *Sidles into the corner*

NONO! NOT THER-

*A springboard tile (because i can't remember the actual name right now) pops up right where you're standing*

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1073

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    *Sidles into the corner*

Well, I've just discovered Juicy Drop Pops, some kind of combination between a ring-pop, a push-pop, and sour liquid candy.

Trying to decide if I have nay favorite playgrounders worth mentioning or if they all know who they are so it's just crass for me to parade it in public.

Plus I get the distinct feels that the admission would be unwelcome for the few who don't already know, haha.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

NONO! NOT THER-

*A springboard tile (because i can't remember the actual name right now) pops up right where you're standing*
    D: D: D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, I've just discovered Juicy Drop Pops, some kind of combination between a ring-pop, a push-pop, and sour liquid candy.

Trying to decide if I have nay favorite playgrounders worth mentioning or if they all know who they are so it's just crass for me to parade it in public.

Plus I get the distinct feels that the admission would be unwelcome for the few who don't already know, haha.
    Well, that is certainly pretty interesting. ^^

*Personally dislikes anything called 'candy' due to childhood bias against the name* >_>

Having friends is awesome! Woo!

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Noticed what? I know you posted that thing in the favorite playgrounder thread, and mentioned as such when I noticed it, but I'm not sure what you're refering to here XP
    *points to the left, points downwards*

Show

26. - Top - End - #1076

I'm...very confused. If it helps I use the standard page and post listings.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Left would be at his avatar, down would be at his signature.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #1078

NecromancerGuy

That you're in Sweden?

Or that you're a man?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-08-27 at 02:19 PM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1079

Oh, I think I know. He's back home from whatever trip he was doing that I'm not sure if he was actually on or not.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

I'm...very confused. If it helps I use the standard page and post listings.
    My avatar and my signature, just as Asta said.

The deal is that I updated my avatar just before writing the post you initially quoted, something that I've been saying in my signature that I'll do "soon" (or rather that the old Desert Week one would be there for "just a little bit longer"), together with a reason for why I hadn't done it yet, which in turn was there mostly so that you'd know why I wasn't doing any other Inkscapey things.

Now that I finally managed to muster enough energy to open up Inkscape again after 2 weeks of not touching it, and update my Clouddreamer avatar to "contemporary standards" (as my signature read between Masquerade and Desert Week), I no longer have any excuse for not doing as you ask of me, which made your sudden promptings quite apropos.

And no, I personally haven't been tripping for at least a months time now. ;P

Show