New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1527
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Longer than you expect.
    I personally don't chew gum, but my Mum told me that when the flavour runs out, it actually hasn't run out, your brain has merely adjusted to the constant signal of gum flavour and stopped paying attention.
    It's also the same reason we can't taste our own saliva.
    Wait. If that was true, wouldn't adding a new stick of gum not cause any return of flavor?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Wait. If that was true, wouldn't adding a new stick of gum not cause any return of flavor?
    I know a new stick of gum remains favorable for a lot less time then the first stick. Also, I have found that if you take ABC gum you've been keeping around (yeah, yeah, nasty, I know) and pick it back up again it's flavorful again. Which should make no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I know a new stick of gum remains favorable for a lot less time then the first stick. Also, I have found that if you take ABC gum you've been keeping around (yeah, yeah, nasty, I know) and pick it back up again it's flavorful again. Which should make no sense.
    Not so nasty if it is your ABC gum. Just set it aside (such as in a glass of water) when you think its flavor is gone, and chew again later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Not so nasty if it is your ABC gum. Just set it aside (such as in a glass of water) when you think its flavor is gone, and chew again later.
    I meant your own ABC gum. I still sometimes get flack for it from my parents though.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Not necessarily.
    One can't expect every stick of gum to taste exactly the same despite having the same label. There's always variation in the chemical composition.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Guys. I chugged a quarter gallon of chocolate milk around 9:30. I cam home and crashed at about 10. I then woke up at 1:30. It is now 2:35. My stomach is killing me.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Guys. I chugged a quarter gallon of chocolate milk around 9:30. I cam home and crashed at about 10. I then woke up at 1:30. It is now 2:35. My stomach is killing me.
    Know that feel bro.
    *brofist*
    Despite everything, its still me.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

...also, I'm expecting a drawing of a snake wrapped around a teddy bear now. =3
    You mean like this? :3

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Cobra just showed them to me. Which reminds me. TEDDY MARRY ME
    Oh, wow...

ION: I voluntarily decided to succumb to the crazy I've been holding back. THIS IS AWEOSME.
    Crazies are always awesome. I wholeheartedly support succumbing to them for as long as it won't cause anyone any harm. My most epic creations are always caused by one crazy or another. Like my Be My Guest speech. Even that picture of me was the product of a crazy.

No. Too cute, he's mine now. You may have the hippo.
    Nooo! Don't take Flodhäst away from me!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Why can't we just share? Afterall, if there is enough of ME to go around, there certaintly should be the same for the others

The bed situation would certainly help with that, hehe
    And yet we're all fighting over you. Tragedy of the commons, isn't it.

(Oh man, that just sounded so wrong...)

And yes he is. It's one of the few times I've ever seen...anything, really, and had my jaw literally drop, no understatement.
    *speechless*

Also I realize Teddy will probably find this all very embarassing in the morning when he reads all of this.
    Not really. Completely taken by surprise and flattered till I blush, however. I've literally never experienced anything like this before.

And no, Teddy is all mine now. I'll even have Bast be nice to Elden for an in-game week, which is like, a year of our time.
    Oh man, Elden will be so weirded out by that. That, and a bit saddened for a reason I won't mention, because I don't like to go too much into my charachers' personality traits before they've been shown ingame.

Oh, and don't think of Elden as looking especially much like me. He's got that life-scarred face that makes you look older than you really are, and except for those few times when he's smiling, he usually looks dead serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Oh myyy. Also, oh my. Did he post these in the You Thread or was this just a private communique?
    I did. It's on page 46 in the current You thread. It's also on page 46 in this thread due to some strange coincidence, but that's already been pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Also, that's some hippopotamus. Teddy could be a model, all right.
    Wow, no one's ever suggested that line of career to me before. Given, I don't really have the prefered physique, and I've understood that the working conditions in that branch aren't all that good either.

Oh, and yes, Flodhäst is quite a cutie, isn't she? :3
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-08-31 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Fixed a few graphical errors in image.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

So evidently you're not supposed to say, "Good morning," to the chick walking furtively out of your bro's room at 8 o'clock in the morning. My mistake.

ION: It's Friday, and we all know what that means! Time to GET DOWN. Goin' home for the long weekend. What are y'all's Friday plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    So evidently you're not supposed to say, "Good morning," to the chick walking furtively out of your bro's room at 8 o'clock in the morning. My mistake.

ION: It's Friday, and we all know what that means! Time to GET DOWN. Goin' home for the long weekend. What are y'all's Friday plans?
    Well... Friday will be over in about an hour...
    So, my basic plan is to go to bed soonish.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... Friday will be over in about an hour...
    So, my basic plan is to go to bed soonish.
    Ah, timezones. Alas.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, timezones. Alas.
    Yes indeed.
    Living in the future is a double edged sword stained with the blood of many an innocent user of the Internet.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    You mean like this? :3

*speechless*

Not really. Completely taken by surprise and flattered till I blush, however. I've literally never experienced anything like this before.

Oh man, Elden will be so weirded out by that. That, and a bit saddened for a reason I won't mention, because I don't like to go too much into my charachers' personality traits before they've been shown ingame.

Oh, and don't think of Elden as looking especially much like me. He's got that life-scarred face that makes you look older than you really are, and except for those few times when he's smiling, he usually looks dead serious.

Wow, no one's ever suggested that line of career to me before. Given, I don't really have the prefered physique, and I've understood that the working conditions in that branch aren't all that good either.

Oh, and yes, Flodhäst is quite a cutie, isn't she? :3
    Oh god that Teddy Cobra hug bit of art is adorable.

Gotta ask, what does Flodhast mean? And why the hippo? I mean yha, I know, hippo's are cute (except when they aren't marking their territory, or defending it, in which case they are literally more dangerous then any meat eating predator that isn't a dinosaur) but it just seems somewhat silly. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The fact that no one has suggested that line of career to you, and the fact that you've never had stuff like this happen to you before, is indicitive of one thing. In Sweden, Teddy is an average looking person.

The implications of this are astounding.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

The fact that no one has suggested that line of career to you, and the fact that you've never had stuff like this happen to you before, is indicitive of one thing. In Sweden, Teddy is an average looking person.

So, you're suggesting that if Teddy were to move to Canada, the average attractiveness of the men in both countries would rise?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Well... I think I'll go to bed before midnight today.
    Enjoy however long you all have left of your Friday, twenty-three minutes in my case!

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    So, you're suggesting that if Teddy were to move to Canada, the average attractiveness of the men in both countries would rise?
    Yes, yes I am.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Yes you are. At least, I have this happen every now and again to me from my guy's housemates, and it's all chill.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Gotta ask, what does Flodhast mean? And why the hippo? I mean yha, I know, hippo's are cute (except when they aren't marking their territory, or defending it, in which case they are literally more dangerous then any meat eating predator that isn't a dinosaur) but it just seems somewhat silly. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    It means Hippopotamus (or "river horse" if you take the literal translation). I can't claim that young me was especially creative when it came to names, which is why most of my cuddle toys are named after what they are.

And why Flodhäst? We'll, she happens to be my favourite because she's the most huggable of them all. And, once you've grown attached to one, you don't really care about what it is any longer.

That, or I'm just living in the part of society that cares the least about looks. Quite in the background of that part as well, seeing as I'm not especially outgoing as a person. That said, Swedes do have a reputation of good looks.

Nope. If her assumption is true, only the average in Canada would rise. If you take away something that lies on the average, the average won't be affected. If I was below average here in Sweden, both averages would indeed rise, but, to be honest, even when I try to account for my own ego, I don't think I am...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-08-31 at 08:52 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1459

It means Hippopotamus (or "river horse" if you take the literal translation). I can't claim that young me was especially creative when it came to names, which is why most of my cuddle toys are named after what they are.

And why Flodhäst? We'll, she happens to be my favourite because she's the most huggable of them all. And, once you've grown attached to one, you don't really care about what it is any longer.

That, or I'm just living in the part of society that cares the least about looks. Quite in the background of that part as well, seeing as I'm not especially outgoing as a person. That said, Swedes do have a reputation of good looks.

Nope. If her assumption is true, only the average in Canada would rise. If you take away something that lies on the average, the average won't be affected. If I was below average here in Sweden, both averages would indeed rise, but, to be honest, even when I try to account for my own ego, I don't think I am...
    Understandable. I have a bunch of plushies as well that I find adorable, so I'm not going to begrudge you on that.

That is a valid point. And ah, yes, good explanation. I'm bad at math so I clearly didn't realize that XP

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Yes you are. At least, I have this happen every now and again to me from my guy's housemates, and it's all chill.
    I think she was embarrassed. Or maybe she just didn't hear me. Or she didn't answer me back because I was shirtless and returning from the shower. There are a good many possibilities. Of course, you say good morning to most people here and they look at you like you're some kind of bug.

ION: Got out of class early today, cats and kittens. Nap time!
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-31 at 09:22 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

tongue Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

*giggle* Ya DONT SPEAK TO THE CONQUESTS EXCEPT FOR COFFEE.

My Friday plans are as follows...
    1. **** around
    2. Fool aboot'
    3. Wander around and around the internet
    Your ego is dumb. No offense. ( Or Sweden is STUPIDLY HOT, which DOES make a fragment of sense, it IS pretty cold up there. )
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-08-31 at 09:22 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Shouldn't you be in school, Choff?

23. - Top - End - #1463

I knew that but I didn't care. She only said you were average, which doesn't mean exactly average. You only need to be the slightest bit below exact average for it to change. I pondered saying something about it in the post, but it would have ruined the joke. You joke ruiner you!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Shouldn't you be in school, Choff?
    Nah, off today. Some teacher-meetthingamaaber today, so FOUR DAY WEEKEND WOOT WOOT.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

My weekend will include lots of studying. Again. It's like it never ends.

Either that or I'll blow off my studies and try to make a dent in my ever-growing pile of books I want to read.

Guess which is more likely.

Oooh no wait we have that brandy tasting thing. That ought to be fun.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

I knew that but I didn't care. She only said you were average, which doesn't mean exactly average. You only need to be the slightest bit below exact average for it to change. I pondered saying something about it in the post, but it would have ruined the joke. You joke ruiner you!
    This puts me in mind of this scene for some reaso-

... *gasp*

RAWHIDE'S THE JOKER!!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1467

This puts me in mind of this scene for some reaso-

... *gasp*

RAWHIDE'S THE JOKER!!
    Heh. I learned a long time ago that not all facts have to be 100% correct for a joke to be funny. Near enough is good enough to get a laugh, especially where it comes to puns.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think she was embarrassed. Or maybe she just didn't hear me. Or she didn't answer me back because I was shirtless and returning from the shower. There are a good many possibilities. Of course, you say good morning to most people here and they look at you like you're some kind of bug.

ION: Got out of class early today, cats and kittens. Nap time!
    So you're just going to ignore the puppies and dogs?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, wow...

Crazies are always awesome. I wholeheartedly support succumbing to them for as long as it won't cause anyone any harm. My most epic creations are always caused by one crazy or another. Like my Be My Guest speech. Even that picture of me was the product of a crazy.

Nah, don't marry me. You're, like, my friend. That would be pretty weird. And pretty damn shallow!

I think the jellyfish in my window need to run back to Cave Story and tell Chaco that she's now the Empress of Rome because Sherlock Holmes used the PoE on her.

I would respond to that, but I am too busy laughing my ass off at the idea that you named your hippo 'Hippo'.

I know, I wouldn't actually do it, partially because **** the idea of totally screwing up your character, and the other reasons you said. But now I'm really curious about what you just said and Elden being SAD. TELL ME NOW THIS IS KILLING ME AND I'VE ONLY KNOWN FOR FIVE MINUTES!

My science teacher once got asked to be a model when he was younger.He always seemed a bit depressed that her didn't go for it.

Oh god that Teddy Cobra hug bit of art is adorable.

It was!

I'd move to Sweden, but I'd then have to suffer being the worst looking person in a group all day. Unless moving to Sweden is like becoming a Twilight "vampire" and you become really pretty automatically?

Of course, then I'd have to shun Sweden entirely for having anything to do with Twilight.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, don't marry me. You're, like, my friend. That would be pretty weird. And pretty damn shallow!
    Nala and Simba said something similar.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig