New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles

no you wont, you will only get really drunk (tried it). The only problen is you have to eat them slowly since as opposed to drinking alcohol, eating takes the alcohol longer to be absorbed into your blood.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got my answer today.

I just couldn't wait any longer, so I called her and asked, if she had time to think (we didn't have any opportunity in school to talk alone, so the phone was the only possibility).
    I've read to much where nothing was. I am just a friend for her, nothing more.
    I did somehow expect this, (I don't think she would have needed seven weeks to tell me that she did love me too, so I think she waited so long because she didn't want to hurt me) but I still had hope.
    But knowing is still better than not knowing.

Now I have to try to not ruin our friendship by griefing to much.
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

*gives Lucy a big squishy hug*

It always sucks when someone you love says no, hun. Given what I know of you though, I hope it will not be long before another sweet girl is posting on Facebook, or maybe another internet forum like this one, a message saying "Guys, I've just met this amazingly gorgeous girl from GitP..."

I can't really offer much advice about how to approach your friend - I always really suck at that bit. I hope things work for you.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    I got my answer today.

I just couldn't wait any longer, so I called her and asked, if she had time to think (we didn't have any opportunity in school to talk alone, so the phone was the only possibility).
    I did somehow expect this, (I don't think she would have needed seven weeks to tell me that she did love me too, so I think she waited so long because she didn't want to hurt me) but I still had hope.

I am very sorry Lucy That sucks, but like you said, at least you know and you can start moving on with your feelings. And don't get down, when it happens, you will least expect it.....finding someone I mean. When I finally found the love of my life, it kinda punch me in the face when I wasn't ready. Now I am happy as can be and LOVE my wife with everything in my heart and soul. So, don't lose hope and don't ever fear that there isn't someone out there for you.....because there totally is. And don't ever let yourself settle for someone who isn't good enough for you. Because you are a Wunderbar person and deserve to be as happy as you can be and be with someone who will love you with the intensity that you love them.

Now, I am not saying that your friend is a jerk or anything.....just qualifying that. It just wasn't meant to be with the both of you and the love that you have for each other is a different love and that should be important as well.

I know it is hard but don't worry......your love is out there......now go find her!
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

I got my answer today.

I'm sorry this has happened, but I agree from my own experience that knowing is better than not knowing.

You're a lovely human being and may three fat budgies sit on your shoulder and comfort you with tweets and nibbles.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Really? What if I use a flavored vodka complementary to that of the gummy bears?
    The gummy bears get all slimy and have that awful alcohol taste. Whether you eat them or just drink the vodka infused with their putrid candy sweetness, you are headed for a vomitous gong-headed hangover. If you want something similarly fun and novel for your 21st, try a vodka watermelon instead.

Sorry to be Danny Downer. Go where your heart guides you

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    It's Kneenibble; of course it does.
    Oh you!

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

I got my answer today.

It happens and it passes. I'm sorry that you had to go through this but at least the recovery rate seems to be high.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Firbolg in the Playground

I got my answer today.

:<
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The gummy bears get all slimy and have that awful alcohol taste. Whether you eat them or just drink the vodka infused with their putrid candy sweetness, you are headed for a vomitous gong-headed hangover. If you want something similarly fun and novel for your 21st, try a vodka watermelon instead.

Gummy bears are (in my opinion) kind of gross anyway. Watermelon is much better. I don't know about either with vodka.
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Sorry, I had not read that one. I like the style, but I think I might be quite different from the author.

Mainly because... Well, I kind of want to study all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Sure lignin, which is a major structural molecule in plants, can be broken down by gentle combustion into a wide variety of small structures, one of which happens to be vanillin. All you have to do is concentrate the vanillin.

Apparently I was wrong. Lignin synthesis of vanillin produces lots and lots of caustic waste. Nowadays, they use guiacol which is found in tar. Read more here.
    Ooh, thank you. That is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Also, I'll try to be in that LGBTAitP Werewolf game but no promises.. The rules are scarily complicated. Even worse looking than when I first played DnD last year.
    Dungeons & Dragons is a fair bit more complicated, though I admit I am biased by love for World of Darkness. ^_^'

And possibly by being surprisingly good at Math. I thought you needed to be near reality to understand numbers! :3

I got my answer today.

*Hugs*

That is sad. Unrequited love seems to be one of the hardest situations to be in, but I hope you can continue having a wonderful friendship regardless. Good luck and many hugs and cookies.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Mayu Yamamoto of the International Medical Center of Japan, for developing a way to extract vanillin -- vanilla fragrance and flavoring -- from cow dung. This will almost cetainly have no commercial use.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Banned

I got my answer today.

I'm sorry, honey. I hope you can find a balm for your heart soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You're a lovely human being and may three fat budgies sit on your shoulder and comfort you with tweets and nibbles.
    Missed you around here, luv.

Aye. A lot of mixtures are less good and more "I am so drunk and can't taste anything". Gummi bears probably aren't even all that permeable to alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Also, Mayu Yamamoto of the International Medical Center of Japan, for developing a way to extract vanillin -- vanilla fragrance and flavoring -- from cow dung. This will almost cetainly have no commercial use.
    ... Why?

-

So. Something actually relevant, was able to get my girlfriend to admit that she's still on the fence about me surprising her with being trans. Most of my issues sound like they should be in the relationship thread, though, so I tend not to bring them up.
    I dunno. I guess really it just means we should find the time to sit and have a serious talk, but that would bring things more to a head. It's possible that forcing the issue before she's really acclimated would break things off, but it's also possible not forcing the issue is letting her forge te issue is there most of the time. Fun, aye?

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It depends upon the vodka and the brand of gummy bears, as I've had wildly different experiences with them despite identical conditions and proportions.

... Why?
    Because SCIENCE! that's why. Also likely it was not something that was originally intended instead there was something curious that showed up and then was pursued.

So. Something actually relevant, was able to get my girlfriend to admit that she's still on the fence about me surprising her with being trans. Most of my issues sound like they should be in the relationship thread, though, so I tend not to bring them up.
    I dunno. I guess really it just means we should find the time to sit and have a serious talk, but that would bring things more to a head. It's possible that forcing the issue before she's really acclimated would break things off, but it's also possible not forcing the issue is letting her forge te issue is there most of the time. Fun, aye?
    Did she seem to be in denial? Had you not already talked to her as part of telling her and the followup for that? Kind of the significant other thing to do, that, I had thought. My understanding is that clear communication is not "forcing the issue," and that letting her stew isn't good for either of you if you suspect she's stewing.

Or have I gotten mixed up again and you didn't come out to her this Spring?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-19 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #1212

I just saw this on facebook. Thoughts?
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I admit, I chuckled.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Well, anything having to do with the Doctor, I think, is amazing. And this just solidifies my love for him.

On the other topic, I agree with Coidzor. Definitely Don't let things stew......stewing is bad unless you are trying to make actual edible stew. However, pushing things faster than they should go is also not a good thing, and can force square pegs into round holes before you are able to take the edges off of the pegs.

I know this is easier said than done, but like Coidzor said, clear and open and, above all, open communication between the two of you is the only way to figure everything out between the two of you. And I hope that you both can figure it out and be happy in the end

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry it didn't turn out to be reciprocal, Lycunadari.

-----

So I have my appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow to get approval for HRT (cause my therapist can't prescribe hormones.) and I'm really really nervous. I basically have to do my story all over again and I'm really scared that I might get a "not trans enough" answer or stuff will get horribly dragged out.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

Good luck! *hugs*
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Barbarian in the Playground

I hope things go well for you, Astrelia!

@Siuis I'm worthless when it comes to romantic matters, but I'm hopeful, Siuis, that since your girlfriend has so far (it seems) been understanding, that talking about it calmly and carefully won't cause any new problems to arise, or old ones to suddenly worsen. The heartless part of me wants to say that even if it does crystallize for her or you that this can't work, it might be better at least to know that.

@Lycundari- That is miserable that it didn't work out. I'm not sure what else to say, except *hugs* (which are free to be taken as needed especially by anyone I missed in my absence from the thread)

In slightly related news, I have my first appointment with a therapist on Friday. He's not gender-issues specialized, but I'm somewhat hopeful since this is my first step, and that my university counseling department might know someone closer than an hour bus ride away specialized in that sort of thing.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

18. - Top - End - #1218

I got my answer today.

*So many hugs!*

... Why?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not? Why don't you marry practicality if you love it so much?

I admit that I could probably be okay with it if it were only used for the scent. And, like, there was an acute shortage of the stuff. Chances are any levels of anything distasteful still being in it are negligible, but I couldn't bring myself to eat it (or put it on my skin or hair, for that matter).

*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    So I have my appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow to get approval for HRT (cause my therapist can't prescribe hormones.) and I'm really really nervous. I basically have to do my story all over again and I'm really scared that I might get a "not trans enough" answer or stuff will get horribly dragged out.
    *Glomps* I'm sure it'll go great~

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out how you had hoped, Lycunadari. It's better to know, but I imagine that it doesn't make it any less painful. *hugs*

I don't know, I thought that was the whole appeal of majoring in math. I'm thoroughly unconvinced.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Colbert just mentioned the Uterus Transplant thing in his opening jokes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

You're a lovely girl, you'll be able to charm him.

Seriously, though, good luck.

... Why?
    Well, he did get an IgNobel Prize for it.

Remember, scientists are often quite playful. As it is said in the Morphology of Steve (pdf), "We performed this research for the best of all reasons: we discovered that we had lots of data. No scientist can resist the opportunity to analyze data, regardless of where that data came from or why it was gathered."
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-09-20 at 02:15 AM.

― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

-----

*HUUUGS*
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    I've never felt so philistine for liking cheap vanilla... Or so icky about it. @.@
    If it makes you feel any better, I've had cheap, fake-vanilla ice cream so long that I can't stand the taste of the real stuff. My family used to buy it when they wanted to make sure I didn't eat it all, since when we have it I often eat it daily. Nomnomnom.
    And randomly, since you sign your posts, would you prefer quotes include the signature, or is your username in the quote box enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari
    In my experience, this is definitely true. Now that you've had a straight answer, you get work on getting the friendship to a point you're both comfortable at. And no longer will you be trying to pick apart things and decipher whether they meant it was reciprocal or not; overanalysis is never a good thing.
    :offers hugs:

SiuiS:
    I'll throw my lot in with discussing - but the first part of discussing should be, do you want to discuss this now? or I'd like to discuss this, can we do some talking now, and please stop me if I go places you haven't had time to think through yet? It's been my experience that offering to let them cut you off is better, so that someone doesn't assume you expect a definite answer to anything liek nowz! and are instead given a chance to think.

:also offers hugs to anyone else:
    Proudly without a signature for 5 years. Wait... crap.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Good luck! I hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    In slightly related news, I have my first appointment with a therapist on Friday. He's not gender-issues specialized, but I'm somewhat hopeful since this is my first step, and that my university counseling department might know someone closer than an hour bus ride away specialized in that sort of thing.
    Good luck to you too!
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck Astrella and Selpharia!

I'm anxiously waiting to hear if I got funding to do a Masters or not. If I do, I get money, I can move into a nice new apartment with my partner, I can go back to my counseller and my yoga classes (both are associated with the college and not for non-students), I would have a direction and purpose... I'm very anxious.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

26. - Top - End - #1226

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post

I'm anxiously waiting to hear if I got funding to do a Masters or not. If I do, I get money, I can move into a nice new apartment with my partner, I can go back to my counseller and my yoga classes (both are associated with the college and not for non-students), I would have a direction and purpose... I'm very anxious.
    That would be really nice. Hope you get it.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #1227

I got my answer today.

I'm so sorry, Lucy. I was really rooting for you. But it is definitely better to know than not, and you should always try to keep your friendships strong.

I really wish I could do more for you, but all I can offer are comforting words and some hugs. *HUGS*

*hugs* Sometimes, I almost wish I had significant others problems, too, because that would mean I had a significant other. But I would recommend a route similar to the one lsfreak did (is that a capitol "I" or a lowercase "l" in your name, by the by?). Don't force the issue, but keep asking if she's ready to talk about it. Maybe once a week or so, so you don't come off as pushy. Use your best judgement on how often. If you can, try to set s date (maybe soon, maybe far off) where you'll sit down together and have the important conversations. That way you know things are always moving forward.

Forward is always better than spinning your wheels and hoping there's actually ground beneath them.

-----

I didn't know that could happen! Now I've really nervous for you, too! Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post

And good luck to the fabulous Kender! What field would your Masters be in, should you get the funding?
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    I'm so sorry, Lucy. I was really rooting for you. But it is definitely better to know than not, and you should always try to keep your friendships strong.

I really wish I could do more for you, but all I can offer are comforting words and some hugs. *HUGS*
    I could start shipping you two, if that would help?

(Hugs for Lucy)
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-09-20 at 09:20 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1229

I could start shipping you two, if that would help?

(Hugs for Lucy)
    This...I would not mind. We even speak the same languages!

Of course, Lucy probably feels differently, especially considering I'm currently stuck in the wrong skin for her tastes .
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Of course, Lucy probably feels differently, especially considering I'm currently stuck in the wrong skin for her tastes .
    Looks do have something to do with attraction. But sometimes, there is just that spark of connection that happens that transcends looks. I mean, I have been attracted to men before. Now, being a straight man that is usually a taboo thing to say but it didn't have to do with their looks; but because we seemed to have a connection on a deeper level than just what is on the surface.

Wow, that got a little too serious for a flirty comment.....but whatcha gonna do?

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally