New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove began, singing under her breath, to untangle the tail. Untangling a panic, unfortunate, set-upon, foolish thing...That was sort of a nostalgic comfort to her. Even if it was a pony this time, and not a bird...But as she worked, she could forget that.

Eventually, Sandy would emerge. Foxglove smiled.
    "...There. All done. Would you like some bird seed?"
    As she worked, Sandy gave hardly a whimper. In fact, if she listened hard enough, she'd hear a gentle humming from the bulge of tangled hair to accompany her singing. Sandy swore he had never heard this particular song before, but there was just something intrinsically warming about it. Like an old nursery rhyme forgotten between the grown-up years, but suddenly recalled on a cold, lonely night.

Before he could ponder the mysterious tune further, Sandy found himself thrust blinking into the evening light. Free once more, though he couldn't quite recall where the time between her starting and his escape had gone. Foxglove's question only served to baffle him further. "Uh, n-no thanks. I...I'm good on bird seed," the little pegasus-bird responded, completely lost.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-21 at 08:20 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Inside the Bar

Snickers just blinks a few times. She's so lost and confused. "Soooo, about that genderbending..." she mutters with a sheepish smile. "What's the plan there?"

---
    Outside the Bar

Greif sighs. It's not his place to force the issue, and if Fox's feelings for Quick Step are as strong as they are for Icy, then... well that's just a mess. A mess Greif would rather not get involved in.

"Alright," he shrugs, leaning back against the back wall of the building. "Want me drag you back inside, or are you just gonna stew out here for a bit?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-21 at 09:31 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"That wasn't a 'no'!"
    She grinned and dragged him away.
    And so, Silverpine was dragged away somewhat reluctantly (though not unwillingly) and commenced the HPKs in one of the corner booths.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Outside the Bar

Greif sighs. It's not his place to force the issue, and if Fox's feelings for Quick Step are as strong as they are for Icy, then... well that's just a mess. A mess Greif would rather not get involved in.

"Alright," he shrugs, leaning back against the back wall of the building. "Want me drag you back inside, or are you just gonna stew out here for a bit?"

"I'll..stew out here....."
    He said glancing at him. "I'm sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    And so, Silverpine was dragged away somewhat reluctantly (though not unwillingly) and commenced the HPKs in one of the corner booths.

[Off in a corner booth]

"Oh babe....I'm afraid I'm going to have to arm my lips from stun to ravish,"
    She cheesily said as she pulled him into the booth and commenced Alpha Formation and prepared to Lock On Targetted lips.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    As she worked, Sandy gave hardly a whimper. In fact, if she listened hard enough, she'd hear a gentle humming from the bulge of tangled hair to accompany her singing. Sandy swore he had never heard this particular song before, but there was just something intrinsically warming about it. Like an old nursery rhyme forgotten between the grown-up years, but suddenly recalled on a cold, lonely night.

Before he could ponder the mysterious tune further, Sandy found himself thrust blinking into the evening light. Free once more, though he couldn't quite recall where the time between her starting and his escape had gone. Foxglove's question only served to baffle him further. "Uh, n-no thanks. I...I'm good on bird seed," the little pegasus-bird responded, completely lost.
    "...Oh, wait. You're not a bird..."

The present moment finally caught up to Foxglove, who blinked at the sudden intrusion.

"Sorry, I normally do this with birds...And kind of got lost in the....They get tangled... "

If the gear was still up near the former hole in the roof, Foxglove would look off the side.

"Of course, now there's some down to do..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll..stew out here....."
    He said glancing at him. "I'm sorry."

[Off in a corner booth]

"Oh babe....I'm afraid I'm going to have to arm my lips from stun to ravish,"
    She cheesily said as she pulled him into the booth and commenced Alpha Formation and prepared to Lock On Targetted lips.
    "Oh dear. Captain, prepare the lips for boarding," Silverpine replied, warming up to the cheese.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

A bird? Down? Sandy looked around him, taking notice of the massive gear (and thankfully not the smooching Gear) beneath his hooves. He peeked over the edge; not too far of a drop, but enough that it may be uncomfortable. "Well," He glanced back at his unfurled wings. Was that where the whole bird thing came from? "I...uh, I suppose I could fly us down, though I don't quite know if I could carry you. Might be able t'manage for a couple of feet." Yes, back to the ground. Back where things had a better chance of making sense.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh dear. Captain, prepare the lips for boarding," Silverpine replied, warming up to the cheese.
    Oh that cheese was quite heated in their pocket universe, practically melting. "Oh Commander Silverpine, prepare yourself for a spatial anomaly." She said as she then smooched like they did in Prance.

There was enough cheese to feed all the starving foals in the world.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

"Ah, good! You got him out of my hair! Literally!"

Night Jewel had been doing a fairly good job of remaining in control, but it was getting harder. She felt free to do whatever she wanted, and was seriously tempted to go on a looting spree.

She distracted herself quickly by turning to Sandy. "So, how do I look? Does semi-incorporeal look good on me, or should I try another form?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

A bird? Down? Sandy looked around him, taking notice of the massive gear (and thankfully not the smooching Gear) beneath his hooves. He peeked over the edge; not too far of a drop, but enough that it may be uncomfortable. "Well," He glanced back at his unfurled wings. Was that where the whole bird thing came from? "I...uh, I suppose I could fly us down, though I don't quite know if I could carry you. Might be able t'manage for a couple of feet." Yes, back to the ground. Back where things had a better chance of making sense.
    "CatchmeSnickers!"

And then Foxglove, still in bulky stallion form, jumped off the gear.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Soft's Bar

Greif sighs, and gives a small shrug. "It's alright. I hope you work things out. With yourself, and with Miss Icy," he remarks with a wan smile. The griffin then turns, and stalks back towards the front of the bar. "I'll tell the others to give you some space," he calls back over his shoulder. "Give ya some time to think..."

Meanwhile, inside the bar...

Snickers' instincts kick in. Without a second thought, she leaps into the air, intending to catch Foxglove mid-fall. "Hang on, I've got-"

And then, as gravity takes hold of her, Snickerfilly remembers that she doesn't have wings. "You?"

What likely results is the massive stallion colliding into the airborne wingless pegasus mare, and slamming her back down to the floor beneath him. Foxglove will likely be unharmed, but Snickers will probably be winded or dazed. And probably make an amusing squeaky noise with each impact and squishing.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove quickly hurried off of the slightly squished baker-pony. Her expression was sheepish.

"Oops...I sort of...Well, I started by thinking you'd just catch me at the bottom...And then I sort of forgot how big I am when I'm a stallion..."

Stallion-glove leans forward and pokes him with her nose.

"And then I sort of forgot I was falling, because then I was on the ground and are you alright?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

"CatchmeSnickers!"

And then Foxglove, still in bulky stallion form, jumped off the gear.
    Sandy blinked, momentarily caught wondering why he was staring at a stallion-shaped patch of thin air. Then he heard the crashing and squeaking from below, and he raced to the gear's edge. What he saw made him wince. "Ooooh, that's gotta leave a mark," he muttered to himself. Oddly enough, he wasn't the one getting injured this time. Weird. Was this how everypony else felt, constantly watching his misfortune? Was this what drove Gear to chuckle at each of fate's cruel jokes?

...he didn't see the appeal, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Bar]

"Ah, good! You got him out of my hair! Literally!"

Night Jewel had been doing a fairly good job of remaining in control, but it was getting harder. She felt free to do whatever she wanted, and was seriously tempted to go on a looting spree.

She distracted herself quickly by turning to Sandy. "So, how do I look? Does semi-incorporeal look good on me, or should I try another form?"
    "Huh?" Sandy got up from the gear and cocked his head at the Night Jewel. "Well, th' tail's a bit much, I can tell y'that right now. I guess th' incorporeal-ness ain't too shabby-waitaminute, 'try another form?!'" He rubbed both his ears, checking them for blockage. "D-did I hear that right? Or can you...actually...control what y'look like now? 'Cause that darn soda never gave me th' chance t'have a say in it, no sirree." He crossed his forelegs with a slight pout; this was just an entirely new level of unfair the universe had decided to inflict upon him.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh that cheese was quite heated in their pocket universe, practically melting. "Oh Commander Silverpine, prepare yourself for a spatial anomaly." She said as she then smooched like they did in Prance.

There was enough cheese to feed all the starving foals in the world.
    And cheese was had. All the cheese they ever wanted and then some. "Captain, it appears we have run into some trouble. Could you run that by me again?" he murmured, going in for another kiss. You'd think these two were on a first date or something from their behaviour.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

And cheese was had. All the cheese they ever wanted and then some. "Captain, it appears we have run into some trouble. Could you run that by me again?" he murmured, going in for another kiss. You'd think these two were on a first date or something from their behaviour.

"Spatial, anomaly,"
    She said playfully sticking out her tongue making a cute scrunchy face. She then traced her hoof along hos jaw. "You know, you still owe me a date."

Elsewhere, it seemed the others were having "fun".

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills peeked his watch. This town and its shenanigans. "Doesn't look like we have time for this game after all. Perhaps, I should give them away." One friend was having relationship issues. Others were genderswapped. And a few others transformed into hormonal teens.

Then Sandy aid what he said."That soda set me on fire."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ettin in the Playground

"Spatial, anomaly,"
    She said playfully sticking out her tongue making a cute scrunchy face. She then traced her hoof along hos jaw. "You know, you still owe me a date."

Elsewhere, it seemed the others were having "fun".
    Silverpine chuckled, and nuzzled her again. "That I do. Maybe we can do it... oh, I don't know. Tomorrow? Perhaps some place away from the crazy for once."

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills peeked his watch. This town and its shenanigans. "Doesn't look like we have time for this game after all. Perhaps, I should give them away." One friend was having relationship issues. Others were genderswapped. And a few others transformed into hormonal teens.

And as Grills spoke of cancelling their outing, Fox outside continued to mope about his own issues. It made him look even more forward to the outing with his friends. To let himself enjoy some escapism before reality pulled him back in. It would be a shame if it were cancelled.
    -----

Silverpine chuckled, and nuzzled her again. "That I do. Maybe we can do it... oh, I don't know. Tomorrow? Perhaps some place away from the crazy for once."

"Tomorrow night? I'm not sure if you work tomorrow or not though, do you? Ooh...also, where would you suggest?"
    Gearstride asked back with a nuzzle.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh?" Sandy got up from the gear and cocked his head at the Night Jewel. "Well, th' tail's a bit much, I can tell y'that right now. I guess th' incorporeal-ness ain't too shabby-waitaminute, 'try another form?!'" He rubbed both his ears, checking them for blockage. "D-did I hear that right? Or can you...actually...control what y'look like now? 'Cause that darn soda never gave me th' chance t'have a say in it, no sirree." He crossed his forelegs with a slight pout; this was just an entirely new level of unfair the universe had decided to inflict upon him.
    "I don't know, but I feel so unstable now... Hehehe..." Night Jewel grinned. "I feel like a fickle, flickering fairy here. One that can mess with machinery."

Come on, you can do this. Focus on playing with Sandy. Robbing the entire town blind would be a very bad idea. You must focus on Sandy.

"So! What kind of tail would you prefer? I reckon I'm taily enough for pretty much any."
    She did her best to appear calm despite this intense restlessness in her.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post

Cancel the outing!?! Sandy gasped. That hoofball game was supposed to be a tether of fun sanity after this day of crazy nonsense! What were they going to do?

"I don't know, but I feel so unstable now... Hehehe..." Night Jewel grinned. "I feel like a fickle, flickering fairy here. One that can mess with machinery."

Come on, you can do this. Focus on playing with Sandy. Robbing the entire town blind would be a very bad idea. You must focus on Sandy.

"So! What kind of tail would you prefer? I reckon I'm taily enough for pretty much any."
    She did her best to appear calm despite this intense restlessness in her.
    And just like that, Sandy had an idea.

Leaning over the side of the gear, he shouted down, "Grills! Hold that thought, I think I can save this thing yet!"

Turning back to Night Jewel, he allowed himself an earnest grin. "How about a magic tail-carpet? One big enough to hold all of us while this here gear flies us over to th' Library t'get Snickerdoodle fixed, then get us all t'the train station in time for th' game?"

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills roasted another carrot and swallowed it. "Sandy. That sounds about right for Bridle Shores shenanigans."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickerfilly smiles sheepishly up at Foxglove from the floor. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry..." she squeaks, her voice slightly raspy from having the air squished out of her. "I'll be good. Just gotta catch my breath."

Greif walks in, surveys the scene before him, and simply shakes his head.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tomorrow night? I'm not sure if you work tomorrow or not though, do you? Ooh...also, where would you suggest?"
    Gearstride asked back with a nuzzle.
    "We could... um... I have no idea actually..." Silverpine rubbed his chin. "Well, I have the night off tomorrow. Maybe a movie or something.... in Manehattan. I dunno."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

"We could... um... I have no idea actually..." Silverpine rubbed his chin. "Well, I have the night off tomorrow. Maybe a movie or something.... in Manehattan. I dunno."

"In Manehatten? Sounds kinda far. We may have to catch a train early..."
    She said rubbing her chin in thought and sneaking in a smooch just because.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

"In Manehatten? Sounds kinda far. We may have to catch a train early..."
    She said rubbing her chin in thought and sneaking in a smooch just because.
    (I say Manehattan because I'm not exactly sure which town/city is nearest to Bridle Shores. And by that, I mean "normal" towns.)

Just because. Speaking of which, Silverpine poked his head of their booth to see if the group had resolved the Sandy-hairball shenanigans or not. "Hey, are we going yet?"

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickerfilly smiles sheepishly up at Foxglove from the floor. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry..." she squeaks, her voice slightly raspy from having the air squished out of her. "I'll be good. Just gotta catch my breath."

Greif walks in, surveys the scene before him, and simply shakes his head.
    She helps Snickers up and asks a kind of relevant question:

"Wait...If the solution to everything is elsewhere....Why did we get abducted to here, exactly?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

The chef peeked at his watch again. He was getting antsy. His day of play was becoming a hassle. "I suggest we go now if we are going."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #808
    Dwarf in the Playground

And just like that, Sandy had an idea.

Leaning over the side of the gear, he shouted down, "Grills! Hold that thought, I think I can save this thing yet!"

Turning back to Night Jewel, he allowed himself an earnest grin. "How about a magic tail-carpet? One big enough to hold all of us while this here gear flies us over to th' Library t'get Snickerdoodle fixed, then get us all t'the train station in time for th' game?"
    "That's a good idea! It's been a while since I've last seen a flying carpet. And I think I've got enough tail for it."

Swiftly, Night Jewel's oversized tail rewove itself into a carpet. "Hop on, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride!"

Kind of hard to believe that earlier today, I was dedicated to sabotaging this whole plan, and now I'm salvaging it. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

She helps Snickers up and asks a kind of relevant question:

"Wait...If the solution to everything is elsewhere....Why did we get abducted to here, exactly?"
    "That's a good idea! It's been a while since I've last seen a flying carpet. And I think I've got enough tail for it."

Swiftly, Night Jewel's oversized tail rewove itself into a carpet. "Hop on, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride!"

Kind of hard to believe that earlier today, I was dedicated to sabotaging this whole plan, and now I'm salvaging it. All's well that ends well, I suppose.
    Funny how life goes sometimes, isn't it?

Sandy shrugged at Foxglove's question. "I suppose it's 'cause everypony's already here. Makes more sense t'get everypony together before headin' out, instead of splittin' off t'different spots. Keeps things easy that way." He climbed on board the waving tail, finding it rather comfortable, all things considered. Kinda ticklish on the hooves too; he had to sit himself down quick or risk an errant giggle. "Come on up, everypony! Th' carpet is fine!"

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Funny how life goes sometimes, isn't it?

Sandy shrugged at Foxglove's question. "I suppose it's 'cause everypony's already here. Makes more sense t'get everypony together before headin' out, instead of splittin' off t'different spots. Keeps things easy that way." He climbed on board the waving tail, finding it rather comfortable, all things considered. Kinda ticklish on the hooves too; he had to sit himself down quick or risk an errant giggle. "Come on up, everypony! Th' carpet is fine!"
    One look at that custom-made carpet made up Silverpine's mind. "Oh, um... if you don't mind. I rather stretch my wings." He gave Gearstride one last peck. "We'll talk later, okay?" Then he galloped off to join the group.