1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: TW;After the End Times IC

intelligence agency

to mindaulzian sultanate[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    thats a tall order for such a short amount of time. however if it can be split up over a couple turns then i can easilly handle it.

how about i investigate the mongols this turn and begin on the others next turn? i am also operating under a contarct of the NCS so i dont have my full resources to spare.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

NCS (D ESP 6)

Mr. Calhoun was amazed. He had never expected the savages of the world to realize the potential found in the great Cooper Library, but within a few weeks of his announcement, people from around the world were wanting to study there. So many that soon the library would be packed above capacity, and would actually hinder the research...

TO: Mindaluzvizian Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show

Your offer has great merit. If you send your warriors and mages, as well as your researchers, we will begin researching these "depth charges". They will probably be quicker to develop than submarines or sonar. When your people arrive, we will explain what our plans our. They can help us defeat the infidels that surround our great nation.

Will your men be willing to participating in our religious rites? There are several that are observed prior to battle that have been found to truly help men in battle. We will not force citizens of other nations to participate, but we allow any who wish to join in.

Spoiler
    Show

WEL is the same as ECON. I didn't realize Grimsage had switched terminology. And the 2 MIL and 2 MAG for 4 TEC sounds great.

TO: The World
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm afraid that our library has reached full capacity for the year, and we will not be accepting any more requests for research until the new year.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Nahual Empire
    ESP-D 4

In realms on opposite oceans Nahual messengers finally arrived, carrying messenger from the Fire Speaker and authorized to speak in his name.

To The Mindaluzvizian Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings foul heathens! We bring greeting from the Great Nahual Empire, and as we are currently too far separated for war to be practical, we would like to discuss trade.

To Avalon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greeting Great witch-queen. I am a representative from the Great Nahual Empire on the far side of the ocean, and have been sent to discuss trade and exchanges of knowledge.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

The Mindaluzvisian Sultanate

It is another grey-skied day at the conning tower. Keys clack, styli scritch and scratch while cadenced voices murmur.

Outside, the mountains around the Cagayan Gulf ripple with greenery.
    Inside, some of the more obstructive and useless consoles have been removed, giving the place a bit more space.

To the Intelligence Agency:
    Spoiler
    Show

By the grace of the gods and the guidance of the ancestors, greetings.

We see. Very well, then.
    You had mentioned that your agents are under contract to the NCS. We do believe it won't be a breach of ethics on your part if you were to divulge troop dispositions, etc... on the part of "the infidels that surround [their] great nation". Why, because we will be under contract to them as well.

By blaze and blade, blood and bones,
    ~Sultana Sinagtala of the Mindaluzvian Sultanate

To Baron Gallywix:
    Spoiler
    Show

Our apologies for the delay. Rest assured, however, when we come, it will be with the cannons of our best ships. Also, once we settle certain matters with certain other powers, I shall lead our forces there personally.

To Baron Blackwater:
    Spoiler
    Show

Our apologies for the delay. Rest assured, however, when we come, it will be with the cannons of our best ships. Also, once we settle certain matters with certain other powers, I shall lead our forces there personally.

To Baron Bilge:
    Spoiler
    Show

Is it a correct assumption that if those two stop fighting, that will remove the threat to your inland caravans and enable you access to foreign trade once more instead of simply controlling the interior? Also, exactly how much are you offering for simply attempting to get them to stop fighting? We cast our bones this morning and what they showed was something strange... And if we may be blunt, why are you not as, well, bloodthirsty as your neighbour Barons?

To the New Confederate States of America:
    Spoiler
    Show

Supposing the certain problem we are having at the moment passes before our scholars' work is done, would they be able to shift focus, or would it be more prudent to let them continue?

Understood. But we must ask--- What kind of lands constitute your great territory? I doubt mere militia would suffice for your purposes. Many kinds of warriors and beasts we have, some better suited to certain terrain than others.

That depends. What would your religious rituals entail? We believe you had not mentioned--- Which of the old gods or new do you worship? Here, as long as they worship no manner of hellspawn, folk are free to pray to whom they will.

We are suddenly reminded. Unless we are mistaken, the Nahual are your neighbours on your continent. What are their people like? How would you describe their warriors and their magic? Will they be amongst those infidels against whom our spears shall fly?

Spoiler
    Show

I see. WEL= Wealth, yes? Koff. Really? I suppose knocking that down to 1 MIL 1 MAG for 4 TEC would make it a crap deal? Ha-ha. Correct me if I'm mistaken, according to the Quality/Quantity rules, it would be prudent to field more than one point's worth of troops.

And suddenly, there is a rapping at the chamber door. A quick exchange of whispers with one of the Death Guard has the Sultana throwing her hands in the air and scratching her head in frustration and puzzlement but nevertheless orders a table prepared.

The metal door opens. As the Nahual ambassador enters, servants usher him (To the Nahual Empire)
    Spoiler
    Show
    to a table where dishes of fried fish, boiled rice and seaweed smoke. There are also several pitchers--- one of water, one of beer, one of wine, one of blood--- placed before him, and a box of betel chew and pipe-leaf opened. A trapdoor in the centre of the room slides aside to reveal a circular stairwell leading into the deeper recesses of the conning tower. A burly drummer and a supple dancer with tight brown-skinned grace emerge and set up a soothing rhythm to smooth away the stresses of the ambassador's long journey.

The Sultana, hand on hilt, smiles, fangs flashing as she does so, and greets the Nahual ambassador. "By blaze and blade, by blood and bones, we welcome you to Mindaluzvi. Forgive the frugality. If you had sent messengers beforehand, we could have prepared a feast for your welcome. As it is, though, these are hard times"

Behind her and all around them, he sees shadows stir. Cloaked figures flex fingers about sword hilts, spear hafts and gun handles. Beyond the incense that permeates the room, there seethes the scent of death. "Now, as to your purpose, or so you'd said... Was that a joke, or do you insult us? A thousand miles to merely spit an insult and threaten war, this is a jest is it not? Suppose that is maybe your strange manner of simply greeting your neighbours, what would you offer in trade? Do you have any samples of what you have to offer? And what would you name in exchange?"

"Oh right..." the Sultana adds, seemingly as an afterthought. "As neighbours on that continent, what do you know of the NCS? And... are you at war with them, currently?"
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

NCS (D ESP 6)

To: Mindaluzvisian Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show

Our scholars would be able to switch tasks, although prior research would most likely not be useful, and the new task would be started from scratch. We would also be able to go back and finish up the tech we had stopped researching.

The lands currently in our great nation can be divided into three seperate zones, stretching north-south in three bands. The farthest west is mountains, as the eastern half of the Appalachians is ours. This turns into hills in our new midlands (our capital is in this area), and at the coast it is relatively flat, and swampy. To our south, that which was Georgia is mostly swamp - This is where your men would be used. The blessed land around our capital is the best in the world - natural disasters do not occur here, we have an excellent climate for growing food, and animal life a plenty for meat. The land also produces the best soldiers in the world - in the before fall country known as the United States, they awarded a medal known as the "Medal of Honor" for feats of extreme courage. There were more soldiers honored with this metal per capita in this region than any other in the nation, and the tradition continues to this day.

We worship the Great Tiger, who's footprints are visible on the ancient roads, as our ancestors have done since time immemorial. Our rituals for war are thus: Prior to marching on the enemy, all units taking part in the war visit the Great Stadium of Death Valley in Clemson to watch a game of "football", an ancient sport common to this area. The game is sacred in our religion. Prior to the game, a great party is held outside the stadium, with any soldiers going on campaign being honored with free food and drink (common people bring food and drink to cook and eat before the game, and all soldiers are free to partake from anyone's pot). Directly before the game, the Orange bloods (including myself) recreate an ancient ritual by running down a hill at the end of our stadium and touching our sacred relic, "The Rock", brought from far to the west, where the Great Tiger was born. At half time of this game, actors recreate the story of how the Great Tiger slew the Chicken - the embodiment of evil, and kicked all of his creatures out of our nation. Prior to the battle, a great chant is taken up, calling upon the Great Tiger to lend us his strength. It is known as the "Cadence" and is started by the commanding general with "1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4" (to ensure that everyone has the same pace) then the rest of the army joins in for the true chant: "C-L-E-M-S-O-N---T-I-G-E-R---S -Fight Tigers - Fight Tigers - Fight, Fight, Fight!"

The Nahual are indeed infidels, though more civilized than those who demand immediate extermination. They are a jungle people, skilled in military tactics and magic. Like us, they possess a elite force that possesses powers of transformation - though unlike us, they transform into the lesser jaguar. We have an ancient agreement with these people as well. To prevent a war between our people that would destroy us both, we have already divided the land between us. To our west there is a great desert - the Mojave. We will split this desert eventually, but until then we have each agreed to stay on our side of it. We also hold a ball game similar to football each year in place of war, our Orange-bloods against their Jaguar Warriors. This years will be held in Clemson - perhaps you could send a representative.

-First among the Orange-Blooded,
    Thomas Green Calhoun

Spoiler
    Show

I would be willing to trade 2 TEC for 1 MIL and 1 MAG. Or I can give you a "loan" if you will, and I'll help you now and you help me later with a roughly equal task - I'll up it to 4 TEC for the 2 points your giving me, but later I'll call on you when I need some help, probably militarily.

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Messenger looks puzzled at your response "How is it a threat? War is simply the natural state of being between bordering states. Or do you have some other word for raids and similar things on another lands border towns, or duels between the champions of realms? Regardless, war would be no impediment to trade, so the point is moot.

Anyway, Mexico is rich in very little these days, but that's irrelevant to what we can trade. Primarily we wish to offer the services of mage-priests such as myself as aides and mercenaries, as well as other troops should you wish it. Although such a strong realm as yours would have little need for mere extra bodies. In exchange all we would ask for is the sacrifices to fuel our magic, and some small number to bring home with us to sustain the realm.

For the Orangebloods, they are our honoured enemies. Their religion is based on an ingenious game, and a heavily modified version is played each year to determine the victor of the season.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

To the Nahual Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show

A black-taloned hand scratches at a furrowed brow. "Humour me. How does war not impede trade? If two nations are at war--- cities and walled towns would be bottled up, armies on the alert... would not caravans and cogs be fat targets, no matter how many guards they hire?"

Fingers click. The music and the dancing stop. Many moments pass in silent thought. Then the Sultana exhales a long and rancid breath. "It seems our realms are similar in our martial and magical nature and ravaged-and-recovering economies... but no. Our people's souls will not feed the blood-thirsty gods of some other land, no matter what you offer. Ha-ha-ha! Unless you offer blades and blazes, in which case we will fight and your skulls will become drinking cups, your blood feasted upon and your skins made into paper"

She rests the great blade of the Reaper across her shoulders, hefting it as if it were no heavier than a rod of rattan. "There might be another way, though. You crave war, blood and slaves, yes? Bring whatever fighters or mages you care to bring, up north to Cathay. Muster with us at the city of Beijing and the forces of the Red Dragon Emperor as they march against the Mongols. You will have your share of the loot and the prisoners of war, to do with as you please. Will that be agreeable to you? Oh, and speaking of your honoured enemies, we shall also be sending an army there, under contract to Clerist Calhoun. Will we be given safe passage through your lands, or shall we have to toss some morsels to your blood-gods?"

The Sultana nods at the feast spread before the Nahual Messenger. "Business aside, do you find the food insulting? Is there anything else that you'd want prepared? Or maybe you'd like to be shown to the diplomatic suites, where you can rest before you sail again for your home?"

To the New Confederate States of America:
    Spoiler
    Show

Duly noted, and thank you. Could you tell us of the west coast of your land, that is, the one closer to the vastness of the Karagatang Pasipiko? What

It seems your nation would indeed make an impressive and worthy ally.

Also my thanks for making me laugh. My clerks nearly choked, my bodyguards snorted. No, we urge you not to ask what piece of almost certainly unintentional comedy you'd assaulted us with... but thank you nonetheless.

That digression aside, yes, our warriors would welcome food and drink and entertainment. Enlightenment as well. We would be curious to witness the rites of your Great Tiger and add those to our lore of the myriad gods. If any of them wish to participate, they are allowed to do so.

Duly noted, thank you. I believe we will be sending a delegation. When should they set sail, that they might arrive in time for your yearly game?

Also, if I may request: prepare an altar and several of your worst criminals. I'm coming over tonight. The former to hold what I believe you would consider a relic--- an "American Football" from Before the Fall, found simply floating in the Manila Sea by a boat of fishermen. The latter, well, for me. Traveling too far and too quick makes me especially hungry.

Spoiler
    Show

Nah, let's take the full deal. Aerial cavalry for sniping/strafing/bombing and a troop of Scout Rangers. Might get trounced if I commit too little.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

NCS (D ESP 6)

To - The Sultanate:
    Spoiler
    Show

We have had no knowledge of the west coast since prior to the fall - at that time the area near the coast was considered some of the best land in the nation. It was green and fertile in the north, growing into desert in the south, and it was plagued by earthquakes and wild fires. There is a younger, taller range of mountains that runs along this coast as well, and separates the coast from the great desert I mentioned in my last letter. This desert was the hottest, driest area in the nation. Now however, I do not know. The fall may have sunk part of the coast, or irradiated the land, or changed the flora and fauna.

The game between the NCS and the Nahual is held on the fall equinox. I'm afraid I do not know how long it takes your ships to cross the ocean, nor the speed at which they could cross the land, and so cannot give you an estimate of when to leave in order to arrive in time for the game.

The alter and prisoners will be prepared, ask requested. We await your visit with bated breath.

-First among the Orange-bloods,
    Thomas G. Calhoun

Spoiler
    Show

the original deal it is then.

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Trade Baron Gallywix to the Mindaluzvian Sultanate (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then. Hope to do business soon.

Trade Baron Blackwater to the Mindaluzvian Sultanate (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then. We hope to do business again soon.

Trade Baron Blige to the Mindaluzvian Sultanate (ESP-D 6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You might want to check your divinations again. It's not that I'm any less ruthless then the other barons, but rather that I realize tha it's more expenive to have inter company conflicts. So yes, I'm more agreeable to comprimise. However, comprimise only if the outcome also benifits me. Also, we can offer about 6 t.Econ of goods for this, if they stop fighting.

Kingdom of the Bill to the southern Empire( ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can send across about 3 tech worth of tidal generators, in exchange for 3 Econ of goods.

Cathay to the Mindaluzvisian Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are a old realm. Even the fall was not enough to sink us. We are prepared to pay you 6 Econ to fight the barbarians. They are nomadic, and rarely spend more then one day in the same place. But we have found two locations where they seem to gather.

A large mountian that is peaked with storms that do not abate, the Isao Tomita, and recently, they have restablished themselves at the Ruins of Xi Qia. Defeating the local Khans at these two locations should be enough to hold them back for now.

His Awesome Imperial Magesty, Beloved of Heaven, Lord of the four Corners, Master of Fate, the Great Helmsman, The honored Patriarch, Scourge of the Barbarians, Defender of Wall, Master of Dragons, One True Master of The World, His emminant Magesty,
    Emperor Huang Di
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Avalon

To Nahual Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

We would be very interested in trade and the exchange on knowledge. What did you have in mind?
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Turn 2

The world, it used to be so peaceful....

Over in north america, the NCS has stired up the denizens of the swamp! From the Croc Kings to the Moonshiners, to the mythical Olk Mama herself, will they beat them indidels? The Orangebloods on the bloodstained hillock say uit's only a matter of time.

Over in mexico, blood flows freely. As the Nhauls blood magic opens gates to the plane of blood, and they ubnleash nightmare inducing monsters of death on those who wiould stand aainst them, only a few remain. From the infamous Daywalker Blade in eastern mexico to the Drug Lord Jurn, the resistence lives on.

Over in the down under, business is booming! From the Aborginals in the north, to the southern empire, to the hordes of Drop bears poised to invade again, life is looking good.

The isles are being conronted with many things. But they should be able to overcome them. Capone has money riding on them doing that.

EoT's are due saturday.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cyprus invasion
    Spoiler
    Show
    [I]captain winters led his men off the boats and onto the shores of cyprus, establishing a beachhead that 4th company could use to offload their heavier equipment and vehicles. the beach was clear other than a circle of cyprus natives guarded by a knot of half naked barbarians, so it didnt seem to be a very hard task...but of course it was...for as soon as the barbarians engaged his main force of soldiers while he circled around with a squad to eliminate the cultist magi, they completed their goal...of summoning forth a massive jade golem. this golem didnt take long to start ripping his forces apart and he was finally forced to give the order. retreat! retreat to the boats! he shouted as he ran.

canadian inroads
    Spoiler
    Show
    well, well. what have we here? Ara muttered after taking a peek into the cave...within rested a large, winged beast almost like a bird but with scales instead of feathers...a dragon. they had set out from Tel Aviv in order to begin mapping the routes through canada when her mages had reported that they detected a very powerful magical presence ahead so she decided to check it out. needless to say, she ordered her people to go around after she figured out what it was.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gaia`s Chosen

Rep: 2
    Esp-D: 2

To Avalon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gaia watches over you, rulers of Avalon.
    We are glad to inform you that nature is responding to our calls and that the approach will be harder for the vikings in the south. We want to call upon you to aid us in a strange phenomenon. The forests up north are slowly turning into living metal and not responding to our magic. Currently we seek technology to reverse this process or at least halt its spread. Our druids feel strange so we are weary to send them in. With our rangers devided to both protect the druids in the metal forest and preparing the southern border against the vikings, we require aid.

To the World
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, leaders of the new world.
    We, Gaia`s chosen will open our borders to those who wish to trade. At our trade posts guides will wait for those interrested to guide you through the area. We also seek aid in a dire situation without the forests itself. Details will be given in private messages or meetings.

-Archdruid Roland, Chosen of Gaia
    Last edited by Umbranar; 2012-09-04 at 04:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

AssassinGuy

Avalon
    Esp Def: 4

To Gia's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

We will help you in this endevor. You said your main reason for not taking offensive action against the viking clans was the problem in the north of your territories so anything that helps to solve that problem is something that brings the viking issue closer to a solution.

To Intelligence Agency
    Spoiler
    Show

What would it cost to get an estimate of the military and magical strengths of the various viking clans. Additionally what would the added cost be to determine their political relationships to each other? We do not have many financial resource but I feel we can likely work something out.

A Pub in Ireland
    Spoiler
    Show

With a pop and a flash Morgan appears in front of the Irish pub where rumor has it this capone fellow has made his home. Opening the door she asks a patron to point her towards capone. {A general description of the pub's interior would be nice, in case there is something visually odd. I mean something odd is going on here.}
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Canadian inroads
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dragon, resting on it's nest of bones and leaves, opens one eye, and rasps out, "Tell me, joor, why should I not burn you?" It does not sound agressive, merely slightly grumpy and bored.

Capones pub
    Spoiler
    Show

The place is almost typical for a irish pub, if only there wasn't Elvis proforming in stage. With the rolling stones providing support. Watching them, cheering them, and drinking enough beer to kill a village, is a larvitar with a gangster hat. When you enter, it waves you over and summons a glass of wine for you. Then, it speaks.

"Sweet cheeks, been a while. Last I saw, you, Arthur and Merlin were still kickin round the joint. Now? You're the queen bee, Merlins a tree, and Arthur's running Tel Novad. Been meaning to check up on ya, anycase, see if those buggers were right. Just to settle a bet, it was the servent girl on Avalon, right?"

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

To NCS
    Spoiler
    Show

How is the research going?

To New Recruits (from EOT)
    Spoiler
    Show

You have been telling stories of Drop Bears. We take mutant threats seriously, Where did they come from?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

NCS (D ESP 6)

TO: Southern Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

Research into tidal energy goes well, though we sadly have not had any major breakthroughs yet. Would you like to continue the deal for another month?

TO: Intelligence Agency
    Spoiler
    Show

How goes our deal? Have you managed to get your hands on a truck?

TO: Nahual
    Spoiler
    Show

Which turn should our ball game be held on, and then how many turns between each, or should it be every turn? Also, how do you want to decide who wins?

TO: The Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to continue having your troops as reinforcements in our war with the crocodiles, but our side of our deal has already been completed. How can we reimburse you for the use of your units? Do you have another project to suggest, or perhaps a small amount of monetary compensation?

TO: Grimsage
    Spoiler
    Show

still waiting on an answer to my PM on what all I'd need to do in order to give someone a tech

Go Tigers!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

ntelligence agency

Canadian inroads
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ara drew back quickly nearly tripping herself up as she draws her Luger and recollect the spells she knew. i dont want any trouble. we are just here mapping the ley-lines and usable trails through this desolate wasteland.

to Avalon/GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    i suppose i could begin getting some rudimentery information on the viking clan politics and troop strengths.

in exchange do you think you could provide me with some magical support against the cyprus natives?

to NCS
    Spoiler
    Show
    the bear klan caught my people but they seem to be reasonable people. they say to buy the truck it will be 1 ECON.

to mindulzian sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    my agents report that while mongol hordes posses 50-60 MIL, they prefer to operate in much smaller units so it would be possible to bite off small chunks of them instead of getting slaughtered in open-war.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-09-04 at 11:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Southern Empires new recruits
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most kinds of drop bear, there lurking in them bigger frontier groves. No idea were they come from, heard they was here before us from a old feller. But the walking uns are bad. They lurk tween wombat and aborginal territory. Them smart and dangerous buggers .

on tech trades
    it's in the ooc. Forum derped there, so it's not showing.

Canadian inroads

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Gaia`s Chosen

Esp-D:2

To Avalon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, a ranger will await the arrival of your envoy to guide you through the borderlands. We will pledge our magical support to your cause once this is resolved. Alas we do not have the manpower to send with you as an army since our tactics involve cunning and suprice, with nature to back us up. We will try to remedy this in the future.

We would also be glad if you could contact your allies. They might have technology or magic to cure the metal forest. Decades of isolation has done little to improve contacts with the world.

21. - Top - End - #51

AssassinGuy

Avalon

Esp Def: 4

An Irish Pub
    Spoiler
    Show

Morgan is surprised by the styles of music being played in the pub, but - having skipped that era in history - does not notice the significance of the performers.

She walks over to Capone, saying "Yes it was the servant girl on Avalon. That turned out to be a stroke of good luck, as without her I wouldn't have been able to complete the ritual. Good thing I did too, look where it got me. Immortal ruler of the isles is certainly an achievement. Glad my ritual worked out better than that bloke in Canada's though, wouldn't want to be him. Not sure who gave him the ritual, but it seems too harsh for the Seelie court, and I doubt he would be dumb enough to go to the UnSeelie. But if not the fey who would he have gotten it from?

And while I am sorry about this a great many years have passed since we apparently met before and I seem to have forgotten who you were. Were you perhaps going by a different name back then?

To the French/Gia's Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show

To the ruler of France

We are currently trying to get intelligence on the viking clans to learn if an attack is feasable. In regards to preparation we have also contacted Gia's Chosen, who have their own problems in the North. They have pledged their magic to our cause should they find a solution to their problems. Any assistance you could provide to them on either the technological or magical front would likely speed up the arrival of their support.

Until we get the intelligence reports however we recommend that we combine our fleets in order to make the vikings less effective in their attacks. Do you agree to co-ordinate your fleets with ours?

{Gia's chosen is included so that I don't have to relay messages back and forth between the two factions}

To Intelligence Agency
    Spoiler
    Show

Exactly how much magical support are you requesting? {OOC: how many points of magic do you want in trade for the reports?}

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

An Irish Pub
    Spoiler
    Show

All of a sudden, the pint sized creatures grins. "Well sweetcheeks, not entirely suprised you don't remeber me. Some reason, you younglings never seem to remeber old Capone. And don't bring Nagash up." He looks at you. His eyes are... diffrent. They are not orbs, but endless pits, in which you can see stars colliding, and worlds being born, then dying of old age.

"I'm not always proud of what I've done, but some things need to happen. Same with you. Got strongarmed by those pycopaths into getting you that ritual, and made all the arrangements so you'd be here now. Personaly, if whats happened is any guess, Arthur turned down the job. Smart bugger. Hell, Merlin flatout told me to suck termites." He chuckled theres, and takes another massive swig.

"Now you? Well me lass, you have everything you ever wanted. Say, what happened to Mordred anyway? Been meaning to find that weasel. Bugger owes me money, but hey, think he'd have more sense then to cheat one of the horsemen."

Canadian Inroads
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dragon lifts a scaly eyeridge. As your standing in a cave, with roots growing down from the forest above, in the middle of a overgrown forest, it seems...

"Joor, I know that you mortals change the meaning of your words often, and that you are not gifted with tounges like Dohv, so I will assume you are both to untelligent to be worth the effort, and foolish enough to meet your demise soon. Now leave Joor, before you burn."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

Avalon

An Irish Pub
    Spoiler
    Show

As the man speaks Morgan sees the change in his eyes, and knows that this man has very great power. Probably enough to actually accomplish what he says he has done, especially if he is one of the horsemen of legend.

"Not sure what happened to Mordred, I think whatever happened was likely in the thousand years that I skipped. Not surprised he cheated you however. He wouldn't recognize power until it hit him in the face.

Also thanks for the ritual it turned out rather well, if a little hard to use at first. I'm not surprised that Arthur and Merlin turned you down, they would just get hung up on "the natural order of things" and die at their "appointed time". They wouldn't have been able to use the loophole even if they had accepted.

And having everything I ever wanted? I've heard some people say that the journey is more important than the goal... They were fools. Being queen is amazing, having everything I want even more so. Everything would be perfect if those viking raids hadn't started causing problems. I was about to start trying to rediscover the lost magic of technology when this came up. Bloody poor timing if you ask me."
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-09-05 at 01:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

NCS (D ESP 6)

TO: Intelligence Agency
    Spoiler
    Show

how you get the truck is up to you - pay, steal, or build your own as long as it works when it gets here. The NCS however will not deal with criminals such as the Bear Klun.

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

intelligence agency

EDIT: to NCS
    Spoiler
    Show
    very well. send your TECH my way and i shall deliver the truck.

to bear klan
    Spoiler
    Show
    i believe i will be buying the truck from you for 1 ECON. i do warn you that the NCS does not approve of you.

canadian inroads
    Spoiler
    Show
    with the dragons final word Ara immediantly scurried out of the cave to rejoin her agents

to avalon
    Spoiler
    Show
    2-3 magic should be enough to defeat the golems they are creating. i will see what i find out about the vikings
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-09-05 at 05:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

AssassinGuy

Avalon

To Intelligence Agency
    Spoiler
    Show

3 Magic is an acceptable price. Our mages will be teleporting in. Have your men ready to receive them.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

D-ESP: 8 REP: 2

The rage of the seas have calmed down, for now. Those who sail upon those white-teethed waves are calm as well, but look forward to the surging of steel-storms and spell-storms ahead.

Children and spouses who were left behind make sure to pray for their warriors who had left for war, old honour to uphold and new glory to win. Militiamen run their patrol routes around the various settlements, feather-adorned speartips bobbing in the breeze. They work in shifts: one shift at rest, one shift on patrol...

...the other training. Some of them engage in drills of fighting forms upon dusty clearings. Others beat upon trees or old rubber tires while others spar with their partners while balancing on bamboo rafts or stones in a river. Not one word of protest or pain escapes the lips of these iron-bodied, lightning-limbed fighters even as blow upon blow batters their flesh.

At the quays and coastlines, heavy weapons teams man ballista emplacements. Rivers, estuaries and swamps have battle-barges borne by giant crocodiles patrolling them. Fishermen and salvage crews hail them as guardians and even give them trinkets or snacks.

Councils of mages consult their myriad material to try and pinpoint and if possible, exterminate the leviathan threat. The shadow of the Sultana moves amongst them, helping wherever and however she could, especially with the matter of driving them off or killing them. She racks her memories of the World Before, tries to see what can be seen in the archives of the Technical Collective, that they might somehow help as well in this endeavour.

Meanwhile...

In the land of the Qin, the expeditionary force under the command of Kumander Wasi al-Husseini docks at the great city of Beijing. Two companies of crack kabayok cavalry clean their gear, spread their feathers and sharpen their claws while the corps of sorcerers and herbalists prepare their incantations and devices. The hunched horse-headed form of Senior Ramon looms over his acolytes, his necklace of bones tinkling in the sea breeze. A mixed race group of auxiliaries serves as the vanguard of the force, loping ahead with expressions of barely suppressed hunger, rage, ecstasy and dread flashing across their faces. Kumander Wasi presents his contract to the Qingese governor, pays his respects to the local authorities and deities, consults with the local Qingese military commander for the latest recon data and if there might be any volunteers or joint action. Regardless, he leads the attack expedition first to Xi Qia and then on to Isao Tomita...

In the blasted lands of North America, in a now bloodstained swamp, war rages. **further tactics already PM'd to GM.

To the Blackblood Captains of Korea:
    Spoiler
    Show

By the guidance of the ancestors and the grace of the gods, greetings.

The support of your people in the upcoming campaign against the Mongols would be appreciated. You would be welcome to your share of the loot, as well as one-third of the vast treasure that the Qingese Emperor is offering.
    Whatsay ye?

Our forces will be arriving at Beijing shortly.

By blade and blaze, blood and bones,
    ~Sultana Sinagtala of the Mindaluzvisian Sultanate

To His Awesome Imperial Magesty, Beloved of Heaven, Lord of the four Corners, Master of Fate, the Great Helmsman, The honored Patriarch, Scourge of the Barbarians, Defender of Wall, Master of Dragons, One True Master of The World, His emminant Magesty,
    Emperor Huang Di
    Spoiler
    Show

That is a more than satisfactory offer, your majesty. We thank you as well for the reconnaissance.

Also, just giving advance warning, there might be others joining this campaign. Maybe some Koreans, maybe not. A little extra surety can't hurt.

Our forces will be arriving at Beijing shortly.

To Trade Baron Bilge
    Spoiler
    Show

That is a more than satisfactory offer, your grace.

So, suppose they might somehow focus upon a common-foe-that-is-not-you... will that meet your needs? Or do you want something... QUIETER than a hundred-cannon salute from some of our warships plus a personal showing together with my elites, will that suffice?

To the Intelligence Agency
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course. Thank you for the reconnaissance. I trust the further endeavours will go as we had earlier agreed upon?

To the NCS:
    Spoiler
    Show

President Calhoun, I trust our crusade goes well? Reinforcements are en route, as well as the scholars and sages we had spoken of. It seems Beastmaster-Lakan Singson XXI has indeed outdone himself on the breeding of these magnificent birds, has he not?

How fare the Orangeblood commonfolk?

Ah, that. We were under the understanding that the deal isn't done until the war isn't done... But if you say so, who are we to refuse such generosity and fairness? SONAR/RADAR, along with the know-how of maintenance, usage and transport? Advanced gunpowder weaponry for both infantry and naval-grade?

To Gaia's Chosen:
    Spoiler
    Show

We have no objections and would indeed welcome trade. What have you to offer?

What do you want? We have all sorts of tropical fruit, as well as rice and tubers. We have fine liquors made from rice, cane, coconuts and of course, grapes. We have singers and dancers and other entertainers; servants who cook and clean well; warriors and mages of skill equal to few upon sea, sky or land--- all or any of whose services you may rent, for the right price, of course.

As to your other matter, we would be glad to help, once we... clean up... certain matters here. I could visit, though, see what can be seen, say what could be said.

All I ask is that you prepare one or two of your worst criminals. Long journeys in too quick a time make me a tad bit too hungry.

To the GM:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tactics for the Mongolian contract-campaign:
    >Hold the Mongols' attention with hit-and-run light cavalry tactics. Koreans act as shock/distracting troops. Meanwhile, have some of the mages tunnel underneath the ruins. Once the tunnel is made good, have the auxiliaries surge through, engage the Mongols in close quarters and rip them apart. Light cavalry outside closes in, mops up any survivors.
    >Raise any fallen as undead to use later on.
    >Once again, hold the Mongols' attention with hit-and-run light cavalry tactics. Send the Koreans and the undead in first. Their damage resistance should prove useful against the weather. Mages put on supporting spells, fire support and counter of any mages the Mongols might have about. Have the Koreans take the centre in the assault, followed by undead auxiliaries, with Sigbin and Aswang on the flanks. Light Kabayok cavalry keeps up bowfire, circles around to the rear, keeps up the bowfire. Leave an avenue for Mongol survivors to think they can escape through... but will only be either cut down or captured if they run through there.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2012-09-07 at 01:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

NCS (D ESP 6)

To: The Sultanate
    Spoiler
    Show

The war goes well. NCS forces will begin consolidating their forces in the swamps, setting up forwards bases from which we can press further. I will also begin work on a new project. I think you'll like it, and I may even be willing to let my engineers sell them. We will also put our people to work on a form of sonar. With any luck, we may be able to bring it into use against the crocodiles.

To: whoever owns Washington DC (the Library of Congress, to be specific)
    Spoiler
    Show

Greatings, my fellow lovers of knowledge. In past times, the Library of Congress was the most spectacular library in the world. In the current times, Cooper Library is hoping to take up the mantle. To do this, we are hoping to collect texts from across the world and gather them at our facilities. We would be willing to pay you for copies of any titles you have that are not currently on our campus.

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimland's first ships were primitive boats of sewn hide, created by those with who knew how to make such things to cross the gaps in the vanishing ice. Later, as they came to rely on the sea for sustenance and the hulls of their inherited relics were melted down and reforged as tools they learned build larger ships with wire frames and thick wax shells propelled by crude diesel engines. These ships were fast and resilient, lighter that metal vessels and well adapted to the collisions that even experienced pilots fell victim to sailing the antarctic coasts. But with these strengths came weaknesses, the designs could only grow so large, trapping the people of Grimland in a narrow sphere, beyond which the supplies of their voyages could not last. They were well acquainted with the southern reaches of South America, well enough to know never to willingly go there, but beyond that they knew of the outside world only from stories and the sparse accounts of sailors blown of course.
    That would change now. In a flash like the autumn sun the people of Grimland sought to learn more about ships than anyone had ever forgotten. Ships of every available material were attempted, glass, rock, living flesh, algae paper, and tape. Most of these were unsuccessful, but along the way they figured out how to make a fiberglass that withstood low temperatures, so they decided to switch gears and soon threw up vast heated indoor shipyards to handle glass thread and epoxy. So they assembled three fleets, the sun, moon, and stars to make their way to the three southern continents.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Sun fleet to the communist penguins (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your wrath and how may we help you by turning towards it?