New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

My memory played me false it was 80 not 85. Still point stands.

Chapter 108 is the relevant reference. The two conditions were "over 80" and "stone statues" may not pass. Though I suppose Natsu could be a stone statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    A) There's no proof that Fried didn't purposefully put in a rule that 'Dragon Slayers May Not Pass', and just chose not to display it for them.
    Yeah no. There's no proof I'm not writing this post by secretly transmitting FTL from Alpha Centauri. And covering it so it looks like normal use of the internet of course. That sort of claim is unfalsifiable, and it works however you want it to work. Most people seem to prefer verifiable claims of evidence of something.

The entire arc was driven by Freed's word rule barriers with display of their conditions, trying (and broadly failing) to get around them not figure out hidden rules. More to the point if that's all there was too it then why they heck bother to hide it?

B) Natsu has been shown in flashbacks to be the same age and size as both Grey and Erza, who were both 19 at the start. Unless you're trying to claim that for the first 75 years of his life he only aged to a 9-year old, then suddenly started aging normally?
    Which is why it has to be explained not why its wrong. Its a point that demands explanation of both cases as facts, not dismissal of one or the other.

Plenty of ways to make biological age differ from absolute age. Suspended animation for example would be the low hanging fruit here. Or time travel (not like we haven't seen that or nothing) depending on how Freed's magic decides these things. There's something inhibiting aging for awhile.

Natsu clearly doesn't know and we don't know about his time with Igneel in any detail unless I'm forgetting a whole major flashback somewhere. Until we do we don't have enough of a basis to find rule anything a contradiction and therefore need to explain both.

C) Even if that were it, the simple answer is that the dragons are 'hitchhiking' on Natsu and Gajeel, and the ward was rejecting THEM.
    Which is possible given that DS magic seems to function by taking aspects of a dragon into yourself. Some kind of age carry over or hidden possession is more then possible, but not the only possibility.

You sound like your about ready to nerdraaaaege if Natsu really is an old man though.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

They are humans. If they figure out how to build a giant, magic fueled cannon they are going to build a giant, magic fueled cannon whether they have an immediate use for it or not.
    Yeah, though it is a bit strange for them to instead construct a machine for pulling dragons out of your ***
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, though it is a bit strange for them to instead construct a machine for pulling dragons out of your ***
    Which is why budgets should reflect active needs and be built around well understood principles.

Honestly the business sense of superweapons is generally just atrocious.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I have a question, how do you measure time say if Natsu was born a dragon and was transformed into a human child for his own safety after all what would regular people think if they saw a dragon walking around?

Do you start from when the egg is laid or after they're born?

I was wondering if he was hidden until hatched and subsequently grew up at normal human rate but has no idea he's really a dragon?

So assuming the egg was hidden and perhaps in stasis for maybe 374 years (assuming he was missing for 7 years and he's 19 otherwise) so that by age 12 when Igneel left he went to join Fairy Tail maybe what Fried detected was how long Natsu has been in the world rather than how old he thinks he is?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-04-13 at 01:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    I have a question, how do you measure time say if Natsu was born a dragon and was transformed into a human child for his own safety after all what would regular people think if they saw a dragon walking around?

Do you start from when the egg is laid or after they're born?

I was wondering if he was hidden until hatched and subsequently grew up at normal human rate but has no idea he's really a dragon?

So assuming the egg was hidden and perhaps in stasis for maybe 374 years (assuming he was missing for 7 years and he's 19 otherwise) so that by age 12 when Igneel left he went to join Fairy Tail maybe what Fried detected was how long Natsu has been in the world rather than how old he thinks he is?
    Well, MY understanding is that Natsu may APPEAR to be, say, 19, biologically and chronologically, he's been alive for longer then 80 years. Is it because he used to be a dragon and was transformed? Is it because he's a dragon spawn who just appears to age very slowly? Was he kept in stasis for X amount of time? Who knows! I figure we'll learn eventually.

At the end of the day, the fact remains that "Natsu and Gajeel are older then 80 years old".

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

But if the dragons come from 400 years ago, and we assume that that is when they disappeared, it would mean that Natsu is 400 years old. It has aged to apparently 9 years in 390 years, and then over the course of 10 years has aged as "normal" and no one has considered it weird or called shenanigans on it.

Also... Natsu is clearly a male statue.

Either way some explanation will be necessary.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well I guess we can argue that its because of Natsu's rock hard sculpted body.

Gajeel is easy though. He's iron. Where does iron come from?

8. - Top - End - #698

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well I guess we can argue that its because of Natsu's rock hard sculpted body.

Gajeel is easy though. He's iron. Where does iron come from?
    Okay, these are too Non Sensible enough to not be true in some way. Damnable "comedic but kind of workable" answers messing with my awesome dragon theory.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Which is why budgets should reflect active needs and be built around well understood principles.

Honestly the business sense of superweapons is generally just atrocious.
    Ah, but building a super weapon really boosts the economy, you see? All these engineers and stuff, government money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    At the end of the day, the fact remains that "Natsu and Gajeel are older then 80 years old".
    Or, as someone mentioned, part of them is, somehow. (Or they ARE statues. Why did Fried include that rule again? Because they turned some people into statues, right?

I prefer the dragon spawn instead of "their actual dragons" theory even if it still contradicts the history of the dragon slayers. I'll stick with time travel or stasis as most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Bad guys in Fairy Tail lie all the time.
    Okay, I guess I have to concur... I still think Rogue is telling the truth (or what he thinks is the truth) and all these are... different cases of lying. Yeah, poor argument, I know.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Ah, but building a super weapon really boosts the economy, you see? All these engineers and stuff, government money well spent
    Dang it man that's robbing Darth Peter to pay for Darth Paul's Deathstar and you know it.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Banned

Super weapons are actually great at stimulating international trade...so they kind've do have an economic benefit...

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

My memory played me false it was 80 not 85. Still point stands.

Chapter 108 is the relevant reference. The two conditions were "over 80" and "stone statues" may not pass. Though I suppose Natsu could be a stone statue.

Yeah no. There's no proof I'm not writing this post by secretly transmitting FTL from Alpha Centauri. And covering it so it looks like normal use of the internet of course. That sort of claim is unfalsifiable, and it works however you want it to work. Most people seem to prefer verifiable claims of evidence of something.

The entire arc was driven by Freed's word rule barriers with display of their conditions, trying (and broadly failing) to get around them not figure out hidden rules. More to the point if that's all there was too it then why they heck bother to hide it?

Which is why it has to be explained not why its wrong. Its a point that demands explanation of both cases as facts, not dismissal of one or the other.

Plenty of ways to make biological age differ from absolute age. Suspended animation for example would be the low hanging fruit here. Or time travel (not like we haven't seen that or nothing) depending on how Freed's magic decides these things. There's something inhibiting aging for awhile.

Natsu clearly doesn't know and we don't know about his time with Igneel in any detail unless I'm forgetting a whole major flashback somewhere. Until we do we don't have enough of a basis to find rule anything a contradiction and therefore need to explain both.

Which is possible given that DS magic seems to function by taking aspects of a dragon into yourself. Some kind of age carry over or hidden possession is more then possible, but not the only possibility.

You sound like your about ready to nerdraaaaege if Natsu really is an old man though.
    First off, tone down the condescension a little there, buddy.

Second, I don't have any particular attachment to his age. What I have an issue with is you stating that he is 80 years old, as if it is fact. It is not. It is one theory.

Finally, you haven't actually shown any evidence at all that he IS over 80, other than the barrier, and then propose theories that contradict your own statement (namely time travel and suspended animation).

What we know is that he appears to age normally, and a barrier that was intended to reject people over 80 rejected both him AND Gajeel.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Second, I don't have any particular attachment to his age. What I have an issue with is you stating that he is 80 years old, as if it is fact. It is not. It is one theory.

Finally, you haven't actually shown any evidence at all that he IS over 80, other than the barrier, and then propose theories that contradict your own statement (namely time travel and suspended animation).

What we know is that he appears to age normally, and a barrier that was intended to reject people over 80 rejected both him AND Gajeel.
    We don't need further evidence to take it as true, its a fact of they story. And not some minor off hand thing the author messed up since it shaped the arc and applied to two characters.

At present that Natsu is either "over 80" or "a stone statue" are the facts of the story. The other pertinent facts include that we have flashback to Natsu as a kid at Fairy Tail sometime after Igneel, he is visually coded as a young adult, and that Natsu himself evidently doesn't know anything.

A good theory must work with all of these being true, not casually disregarding as false because a secret rule makes a whole lot more sense. You need actual evidence not a lack of proof to so casually dismiss it with "secret conditions" you just made up to suit your conditions. I'd take rock hard abs and made of iron meaning they were statues before secret and pointless conditions.

Also both of my speculations are not contradictions in the slightest. I thought how they would work was self-evident but since you have evidently missed that:

-Suspended animation is generally practiced to stop aging because you are asleep, yet of course outside of that time still passes so you are "older" even if you haven't actually aged biologically. Its the easiest explanation for Kid Natsu and in general the most likely.

-Time travel is sketchier. The idea would be that the absolute condition of Freed's barrier used some kind of universal and pure math perspective. Natsu was born in year X and its now year Y, if "Y-X > 80" then block passage. Given that the barrier can work like a child saying "because I said so" and is a highly 'magical' effect we have a hole for that kind of legalistic loophole explanation since its very much like the effect that revealed this in the first place. I don't favor it but it doesn't demand messing with Natsu's aging in any way and has the minor virtue that we have time travel established as an achievable thing.

Some others would be:

-Being de-aged biologically in some manner back to a kid, we know this is not a conceptual impossibility from Arc of Time and Ultear. Presumably requiring an even higher grade magic but its there and would explain memory loss neatly.

-DS's really do age that funky.

-Kept in a location where time passed at a different rate. Maybe he spent some time in a Ryujin Palace in Taro style (or a Hyperbolic Time Chamber) or a complete stop a la Fairy Sphere.

-Something "counting" as being over 80 for Natsu.

What of these (and probably more) go from plausible to wrong we don't have enough data to choose from, same as we have no data to propose Freed put some secret condition to keep Natsu (and Gajeel) out of the fight and then didn't bother to tell us the reader to stirr a mystery for nothing.

Point being we at this point have to explain everything not pick paper something over that doesn't make obvious sense because you think "over 80" demands looking like Markarov or whatever makes the idea so difficult for you.

As for Gajeel that must be explained too, though so help me I believe we haven't seen him as a kid. This suggests a certain commonality along with both their dragon's disappearing on July 7, X777. I personally suspect something like the Dragon Slayers being actually sent too that date and only presuming its when the dragons vanished when they asked someone what day it was and counted backwards. They seem to have lived isolated lives with the dragons so to me this seems to involved the least amount of shenanigans. But Hiro only knows.

14. - Top - End - #704

I'd just like to note, we're putting exactly 100% more effort into this then the mangaka. This'd be like having a serious conversation about World Trigger.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'd just like to note, we're putting exactly 100% more effort into this then the mangaka. This'd be like having a serious conversation about World Trigger.
    Meh Natsu's past is one of the few things I think has been built by the story that actually going somewhere. I'd not be surprised if say God Slayer and Second Gen DS magic never gets explained other then what we have.

I mean just because I expect the protagionist to have a background that will take like a chapter of flashback to connect some dots we've been given with varying degrees of actual coherence... doesn't mean I'm insane and expecting actual coherent world building or nothing.

This IS shonen manga after all.

16. - Top - End - #706

Meh Natsu's past is one of the few things I think has been built by the story that actually going somewhere. I'd not be surprised if say God Slayer and Second Gen DS magic never gets explained other then what we have.

I mean just because I expect the protagionist to have a background that will take like a chapter of flashback to connect some dots we've been given with varying degrees of actual coherence... doesn't mean I'm insane and expecting actual coherent world building or nothing.

This IS shonen manga after all.
    Take a look at One Piece, it's a shonen manga, and it does all of that and more

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just because examples exist that doesn't mean we should consider it a genre expectation. Also One Piece has plenty of "just cuz" crazy stuff too. World building would be more along Nasuverse lines

I'm more or less over that FT isn't going to build a comprehensive system of magic, just use it for special abilities and that's the story.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

We don't need further evidence to take it as true, its a fact of they story. And not some minor off hand thing the author messed up since it shaped the arc and applied to two characters.

At present that Natsu is either "over 80" or "a stone statue" are the facts of the story. The other pertinent facts include that we have flashback to Natsu as a kid at Fairy Tail sometime after Igneel, he is visually coded as a young adult, and that Natsu himself evidently doesn't know anything.

A good theory must work with all of these being true, not casually disregarding as false because a secret rule makes a whole lot more sense. You need actual evidence not a lack of proof to so casually dismiss it with "secret conditions" you just made up to suit your conditions. I'd take rock hard abs and made of iron meaning they were statues before secret and pointless conditions.

Also both of my speculations are not contradictions in the slightest. I thought how they would work was self-evident but since you have evidently missed that:

-Suspended animation is generally practiced to stop aging because you are asleep, yet of course outside of that time still passes so you are "older" even if you haven't actually aged biologically. Its the easiest explanation for Kid Natsu and in general the most likely.

-Time travel is sketchier. The idea would be that the absolute condition of Freed's barrier used some kind of universal and pure math perspective. Natsu was born in year X and its now year Y, if "Y-X > 80" then block passage. Given that the barrier can work like a child saying "because I said so" and is a highly 'magical' effect we have a hole for that kind of legalistic loophole explanation since its very much like the effect that revealed this in the first place. I don't favor it but it doesn't demand messing with Natsu's aging in any way and has the minor virtue that we have time travel established as an achievable thing.

Some others would be:

-Being de-aged biologically in some manner back to a kid, we know this is not a conceptual impossibility from Arc of Time and Ultear. Presumably requiring an even higher grade magic but its there and would explain memory loss neatly.

-Kept in a location where time passed at a different rate. Maybe he spent some time in a Ryujin Palace in Taro style (or a Hyperbolic Time Chamber) or a complete stop a la Fairy Sphere.

What of these (and probably more) go from plausible to wrong we don't have enough data to choose from, same as we have no data to propose Freed put some secret condition to keep Natsu (and Gajeel) out of the fight and then didn't bother to tell us the reader to stirr a mystery for nothing.

Point being we at this point have to explain everything not pick paper something over that doesn't make obvious sense because you think "over 80" demands looking like Markarov or whatever makes the idea so difficult for you.

As for Gajeel that must be explained too, though so help me I believe we haven't seen him as a kid. This suggests a certain commonality along with both their dragon's disappearing on July 7, X777. I personally suspect something like the Dragon Slayers being actually sent too that date and only presuming its when the dragons vanished when they asked someone what day it was and counted backwards. They seem to have lived isolated lives with the dragons so to me this seems to involved the least amount of shenanigans. But Hiro only knows.
    Completely agreed. The ones I've bolded are the ones I personally think are the most likely.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I tend to think it was something less direct then the time travel we are seeing at present. Since Hiro doesn't seem to recycle exact magical effects all that much. I tend to suspect Natsu was in some way sealed either asleep or Fairy Sphere style rather then outright skipping through time.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

Some others would be:

My point is very simple.

Simply stating that Natsu is over 80 has not been proven.

What would be CORRECT would be the statement, "Fried's barrier considered Natsu and Gajeel to be over 80." (or a stone statue - but I put that right up there with the, "Lucy is Zeref!" theory)

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

My point is very simple.

While i usualy agree a lot with what you say, then this is one of the exceptions.

Fred's barrier seems to be pretty absolute in its rules, and if we discount the above 80 rule due to potentialy secret commands or stuff like that, then i really dont think we can considder anything proven in this manga at all.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My point is very simple.

What would be CORRECT would be the statement, "Fried's barrier considered Natsu and Gajeel to be over 80." (or a stone statue - but I put that right up there with the, "Lucy is Zeref!" theory)
    You're quibbling here.

Lots of things haven't been proven beyond any unreasonable shadow of doubt. Its not a meaningful argument to go by what can't be absolutely disproven. Anything can be beyond disproof if you want to add enough solipsism.

So the difference you appear to me to be attempting to enforce is to turn a possibility into a probability.

Unless you are still putting forward the secret rules idea your other suggestion is Igneel is hiding in Natsu so presumably that's where you are going. You do accept secret conditions we weren't told posing a mystery for no reason is about as far down the probablity chart as we can get right? Because not only does it involve lying to the reader but doesn't serve a purpose to do so.

I will presume for the moment you are not attempting to put that forward still and that there is a mystery to actually be resolved in universe not just a lame red herring by the author.

Now the latter is a possibility yes, but there's nothing that supports it over any other possibility we can come up with. Something counting for Natsu could easily be he's Rand Al'Thor and an extra special reincarnation of himself. Or just some funky DS magic steals dragon age so you magically count as older, but without any possession aspect. Something counting is possible but doesn't provide much for its possiblity.

I don't personally favor it but no I can't discount it. However I don't care for needing to have the next play dirty tricks on us so I tend to take Freed's barrier at the most face value I can. Ergo Natsu must be over 80 years old in defiance of ordinary biological idea.

I feel messing around with the passage of time is a more established phenomena in the series thus is the most likely explanation since Hiro has shown he likes to do it. Cross reference Fairy Sphere or Arc of Time. Or Eclipse for a straight hop with a very legalistic sense of age. Simply asleep and not aging somewhere not aging is probably the least weird way

Add to it it seems odd we have dragons 400 years ago having their power broken yet only supposedly disappearing in X777. I see a disconnect there as everybody else seems to have only heard of dragons in a much more legendary sense. Then we have Zeref's cryptic mentions of Natsu and he was supposedly sealed for a long time before appearing on Tenrou, how does he know Natsu? The DSs only "arriving" on July 7, X777 from somewhere else would neatly explain how they've failed to find out anything about their parents.

These are only possibilities though. There isn't anything close to most probable beyond sheer opinion at present, too little data.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2013-04-15 at 10:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    While i usualy agree a lot with what you say, then this is one of the exceptions.

Fred's barrier seems to be pretty absolute in its rules, and if we discount the above 80 rule due to potentialy secret commands or stuff like that, then i really dont think we can considder anything proven in this manga at all.
    Right, that's my point. Nothing has been proven.

I'm saying that pretty much every one of the scenarios proposed doesn't actually involve Natsu being 80 years old.

Most of them involve time travel, suspended animation or the dragon hitchhiking (or reincarnation), to fool the barrier into THINKING that he's over 80.

Basically it's the Island Argument.

The gang was in suspended animation (or another dimension, or whatever you want to call it) for five years. Or was it six? Eh, not important, we'll just say 5.

So TECHNICALLY, Erza is now 25 years old. (20 + 5), because it has been 25 years since her birth. Physically and mentally, she is 20 years old.

Is it an accurate statement to say that she's 25 years old? If they were in the suspended animation for 100 years, would it be accurate to say that she was 120 years old? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-04-15 at 11:23 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Is it an accurate statement to say that she's 25 years old? If they were in the suspended animation for 100 years, would it be accurate to say that she was 120 years old? I don't think so.
    Given that it was 7 years you mean?

Anyways that's your interpretation as to what "really" counts and your welcome to it. That's not a question with any actual right answer. Like at all. This is glass half-empty/full level of purely philosophical opinion,

At least until we have relativistic velocity spacecraft available to bring up a dissonance between elapsed time in different frames of reference. Because our considerations have never had to divorce biological age from "absolute" age from an external perspective. Even then the answer is really just one of pure opinion, possibly publicly endorsed in law but that's about it.

I know I'd certainly insist on the exterior timeframe having first weight so I could collect accrued interest on a bank account for elapsed time. And claiming I'm centuries old would be a blast.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Given that it was 7 years you mean?

Anyways that's your interpretation as to what "really" counts and your welcome to it. That's not a question with any actual right answer. Like at all. This is glass half-empty/full level of purely philosophical opinion,

At least until we have relativistic velocity spacecraft available to bring up a dissonance between elapsed time in different frames of reference. Because our considerations have never had to divorce biological age from "absolute" age from an external perspective. Even then the answer is really just one of pure opinion, possibly publicly endorsed in law but that's about it.

I know I'd certainly insist on the exterior timeframe having first weight so I could collect accrued interest on a bank account for elapsed time. And claiming I'm centuries old would be a blast.
    Yeah but then we'd have toddlers applying for Driver's Licenses.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Yeah but then we'd have toddlers applying for Driver's Licenses.
    Far as I'm concerned if they can past the road test then that's a-okay in my book.

Large would be the toddler that could reach the pedals.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

new chapter:

Spoiler
    Show
    So, finally some reveals (even though nobody saw that coming. Anyway, the way is free for Natsu to completely curbstomp evil!sting into confetti. Looking forward to it
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah...

Spoiler
    Show

I'm disappointed. Because I was wrong. Still, it seems like some stuff doesn't exactly fit together but maybe we will get an explanation later.

Though... Natsu is NOT the only Dragon Slayer there. There are at least three other, full fledged Dragon Slayers. Why does Natsu get the credit of being the worlds last hope?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yeah...

Spoiler
    Show

I'm disappointed. Because I was wrong. Still, it seems like some stuff doesn't exactly fit together but maybe we will get an explanation later.

Though... Natsu is NOT the only Dragon Slayer there. There are at least three other, full fledged Dragon Slayers. Why does Natsu get the credit of being the worlds last hope?
    Same reason as always, every arc, of course.

30. - Top - End - #720

Yeah...

Spoiler
    Show

Because he's the idiot who climbed up onto a building when fighting dragons.

Also! The dragons we know the names of are as follows! Grandia, Igneel, Metalicana, Zirconius, Skiadrum, Weisslogia, Acnologia, AAAAAAAAAAAAND....Atlas Flame.