New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dr McNinja III: You Rad Bro?

In a way, this is actually kind of sad. Radical spent all those years 'knowing' that he would be successful, because if he wasn't, why would a Chuck Goodrich have gone back in time to prevent it, just like he was doing? And then he gets to the pivotal moment and gets noped.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    In a way, this is actually kind of sad. Radical spent all those years 'knowing' that he would be successful, because if he wasn't, why would a Chuck Goodrich have gone back in time to prevent it, just like he was doing? And then he gets to the pivotal moment and gets noped.
    This poses an interesting question - is Chuck always successful in his primary mission? Because if so, there is an infinite amount of Chucks who will be coming to McNinja's world. Zombies Chuck's death isn't that important, because there's still infinity of him out there. Hell, the good Doctor can still go and find any of the other Chucks (or all of the other Chucks!) that Zombies Chuck helped, and out-Chuck Sir Sicknasty at his own radical game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Flickerdart, we know dino chuck failed at his mission.

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    Flickerdart, we know dino chuck failed at his mission.
    No he didn't. He may have died in the attempt, but the issue was ultimately resolved, which means there is now an alternate dinosaur-free future, which is sufficient for Chuck propagation when another problem requires time travel to fix.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Hell, the good Doctor can still go and find any of the other Chucks (or all of the other Chucks!) that Zombies Chuck helped, and out-Chuck Sir Sicknasty at his own radical game.
    With what portal?
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With what portal?
    They'll find another one, like the one in space.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-12-11 at 11:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Barbarian in the Playground

It isn't quite over. As a Chuck Goodrich, King Radical is a time portal dowsing rod. Unless Dr. McNinja stops him in the present he'll just find another one and keep the scheme going.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    It isn't quite over. As a Chuck Goodrich, King Radical is a time portal dowsing rod. Unless Dr. McNinja stops him in the present he'll just find another one and keep the scheme going.
    Plus, King Radical now has a high level wizard working for him. And some sort of skateboarding shark, and alligator dude, I guess?

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    Plus, King Radical now has a high level wizard working for him. And some sort of skateboarding shark, and alligator dude, I guess?
    I have a feeling that DSP and Ron will square off in a wizard duel in the foreseeable future.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

These recent updates have been the most confusing in the history of the comic, I think.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    These recent updates have been the most confusing in the history of the comic, I think.
    How so? Given the comic they're in, I think they make perfect sense.
    Spoiler: Out-of-context quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...He would have to stay there permanently (without cake, somehow not breathing) for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Maybe Blackwing is a Schrödinger's familiar.
    Any given member of the Order needs to do a quantum measurement to see if they remember him

Azurite Name Inspirations
    Rich is a better writer than that!
    Free speech?

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domino Quartz View Post
    How so? Given the comic they're in, I think they make perfect sense.
    As in, I could not piece together how Chuck Goodrich and King Radical are related, what the assumed earlier king Radical was talking about before, who was whom... it's a little more clear now, but I'm still darn fuzzy on these things.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    As in, I could not piece together how Chuck Goodrich and King Radical are related, what the assumed earlier king Radical was talking about before, who was whom... it's a little more clear now, but I'm still darn fuzzy on these things.
    It's explained like 5 times within the last few pages of the thread...but here we go again. Chuck and Radical are alternate versions of each other who each came to Cumberland from an alternate reality through a time portal in an attempt to save their world. They are not the same person, but they are an alternate version of the same person from different realities.

As an aside...have we ever met Chuck prime? It wouldn't surprise me if he shows up at some point.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not asking for an explanation, I'm just stating that the comic got confusing in the last few pages, moreso than ever before. No need for exasperation.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    As an aside...have we ever met Chuck prime? It wouldn't surprise me if he shows up at some point.
    Zombie Chuck might actually be Chuck Prime for McNinjaverse*, since we don't know if there were any other apocalypses prevented before zombies. Given that the problems get more and more absurd as Chucks progress, and zombies are about as cliche as you can get, it's plausible that Zombie Chuck was the first.

*We have no evidence that there was ever a prior Chuck in Radical Land, and Sicknasty has yet to complete his mission, so he's certainly the most recent in his dimension. I hesitate to say whether he came before or after Zombie Chuck, but it doesn't really matter because he's not from the same universe.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

When time travel is involved, it's very difficult to say who was the first time traveler to arrive. Just because one jumped farther into the past than others doesn't mean he was the first.

That being said, Chuck Prime hasn't shown up yet because the world we've been shown hasn't had a major disaster for Chuck Prime to go back in time to try and stop.
    Swoop Falcon

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Given the timeline of when the other Chucks dealt with their disasters, Chuck Prime is probably six years old or something.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Chuck's story ends as we all knew it would. In the only way it could.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2013-12-12 at 01:03 PM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Chuck's story ends as we all knew it would. In the only way it could.
    At the hands of the only person capable of killing him.

Himself.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    At the hands of the only person capable of killing him.

Himself.
    So Chuck is the Horrorsaurus?

21. - Top - End - #1011

When time travel is involved, it's very difficult to say who was the first time traveler to arrive. Just because one jumped farther into the past than others doesn't mean he was the first.
    It is logical that the Chucks arrive in order of spawning:
    • The first timeline has a disaster. In the future of that timeline, Chuck is sent back to avert it and succeeds.
    • A second timeline is spawned where disaster 1 did not happen.
    • The world progresses past disaster 1.
    • The world encounters disaster 2 in the future of disaster 1.
    • Disaster 2 breaks everything.
    • Chuck is sent back to fix it, but since the disaster happened later, he is sent back to a later point.

It doesn't make sense for a Chuck to go before the first Chuck's disaster (except by accident) because the only reason the world even got to disasters 2 and up is that disaster 1 was averted. If disaster 2 was slated to happen before disaster 1, disaster 2 would have messed things up before disaster 1, disaster 1 would never have happened, and Chuck 1 would have been sent to prevent disaster 2 and not 1.

So the Chucks have to go in order, more or less. The only exception would be things that mature gradually over time and become too dangerous to stop at a certain point, but given that we know Chucks need to lock on to a distinct event, this sort of thing would be really hard to tackle before the maturation point.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Banned

• The first timeline has a disaster. In the future of that timeline, Chuck is sent back to avert it and succeeds.
    • Chuck is sent back to fix it, but since the disaster happened later, he is sent back to a later point.

It doesn't make sense for a Chuck to go before the first Chuck's disaster (except by accident) because the only reason the world even got to disasters 2 and up is that disaster 1 was averted. If disaster 2 was slated to happen before disaster 1, disaster 2 would have messed things up before disaster 1, disaster 1 would never have happened, and Chuck 1 would have been sent to prevent disaster 2 and not 1.

So the Chucks have to go in order, more or less. The only exception would be things that mature gradually over time and become too dangerous to stop at a certain point, but given that we know Chucks need to lock on to a distinct event, this sort of thing would be really hard to tackle before the maturation point.
    Not necessarily, because not every alternate dimension is an offshoot created by Chuck's time travelling. Look at the Radical lands.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Not necessarily, because not every alternate dimension is an offshoot created by Chuck's time travelling. Look at the Radical lands.
    It's not an alternate dimension willy-nilly. It is very specifically a version of the previous timeline where the disaster du jour was averted by a Chuck. I welcome evidence suggesting changes between timelines that don't arise as a result of Chuck's meddling.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

24. - Top - End - #1014

Let me propose a contrary scenario.

Chuck N+1 arrives in May of 2014 to stop a Rollerblade Hunter/Yeti Alliance from forming. This Alliance results from a meeting between a Rollerblade Hunter and a Yeti in Cumberland on May 25 of 2014. However, the Nazi Yetis don't seize power until July 2015. There is a distinct event (the Yeti Chief of Outrageous Alliances going into the right Roller Rink at the right time to meet the Rollerblading Huntmaster), but the disaster results more than a year after.

Chuck N arrives in June of 2014 to stop an epidemic of Jetpack Abs that leads to an age of Insanely Fit Overlords ruling the world with Iron Gluts. Said epidemic kicks off in late June of 2014, and in Chuck N's timeline, stops the Rolleryetis before they get started.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not an alternate dimension willy-nilly. It is very specifically a version of the previous timeline where the disaster du jour was averted by a Chuck. I welcome evidence suggesting changes between timelines that don't arise as a result of Chuck's meddling.
    So is our world also a split off from Chuck's time travel as well?

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

February 14th, 1479. The last true ninja dies.
    January 1st, 2015.
    "This world is the most boring place ever."
    "...hey I found this weird timespace portal. I can fix that."
    "Good job Chuck!"
    "Hey, Mr Ninja! COme with me if you want to live."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    Let me propose a contrary scenario.

Chuck N+1 arrives in May of 2014 to stop a Rollerblade Hunter/Yeti Alliance from forming. This Alliance results from a meeting between a Rollerblade Hunter and a Yeti in Cumberland on May 25 of 2014. However, the Nazi Yetis don't seize power until July 2015. There is a distinct event (the Yeti Chief of Outrageous Alliances going into the right Roller Rink at the right time to meet the Rollerblading Huntmaster), but the disaster results more than a year after.

Chuck N arrives in June of 2014 to stop an epidemic of Jetpack Abs that leads to an age of Insanely Fit Overlords ruling the world with Iron Gluts. Said epidemic kicks off in late June of 2014, and in Chuck N's timeline, stops the Rolleryetis before they get started.
    I did acknowledge this as a possibility, but it's highly unlikely that this happens to Chuck 1. So we could have a few Chucks out of place (especially if all Chucks complete their missions) but it's not horribly relevant.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

28. - Top - End - #1018

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    So is our world also a split off from Chuck's time travel as well?
    I suspect that our world (the world of the readers) is the incredibly boring world King Radical mentions here. Unfortunate.
    Before you ask, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhallicWarrior View Post
    I suspect that our world (the world of the readers) is the incredibly boring world King Radical mentions here. Unfortunate.
    Umm...yes. It most certainly is. I wasn't asking that. I don't think our world is a split off point from the McNinja World and the Radical Lands. I was asking how our world fit in Flickdart's set up since we don't have a Chuck Goodrich or a Time Portal. I'd think those things were fairly reasonable things. Not every parallel universe are a result of Chuck.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems more straightforward to assume that there was a three-way split sometime in the past that created the Radical, Ninjah and Lame realities. Some worlds are ruled by vaccum cleaners, some by Dinosaurs from outer space and some are most rad. We just didn't get to see how they were split up (Merlin versus Saint Patrick in all likelihood)