New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... You've been Gannon Banned. That's Blue.

The only thing that was remotely insincere abut his love of beauty was that he didn't have it since birth, having changed when he was little, which isn't unreasonable. And Rarity certainly seemed somewhat dirrect in her brief part in the battle with the Manticore... and Ruby doesn't seem like he wouldn't be tactical...

He's stylish, strong, and smart. The real main difference is that he doesn't seem to want to go that far out of his way for anything not dirrectly in his path. He certainly isnt a candidate for Element of Kindness, that's for sure.

Fair enough.

See previous response.

I have not seen Rad it and Weep yet. I suppose I should try to finish the few I haven't quite gotten around to yet in the first reason. I was just watching some of them with a friend.

.... Red's awesomeness has come from years, 16 specifically, of training from -hell-, in addition to what he learns in his fights. He worked his ass off to get as good as he is, and it shows immensly. Training after losing to Mew, training with Misty, and Mt Silver (without and with Gold), not to mention Frenzy Plant Training, just to name a few off of my head. And that's not counting all of his incredble battling experience... Capturing the entire freaking Safari Zone by himself... that's pimp.

Red's Gar.

Most of the people Red has learned from he's learned from while they've been getting ready to become good. Most of the bad guys in MLP don't really have much redeeming qualities to learn from.

I could be wrong about the lessons part, though. I definitely gotta re-read this series...

....... if you don't mind me asking, how do you write, those who do? I have a completely unorigonal piece of trash rattling around in my head, and I'm not sure if I'm better off venting it by trying to use some of the world in a D&D game, or writing out the story that I see whenever I close my eyes. ... I might draw an OC...

Hell, maybe I'll pull a Luka, claim the Element of Denial, and Ponify him.
    Good to know.

Ruby is a good match for Rarity. But something about him makes me think he isn't. I think it's that when it comes down to it he doesn't have the same style that Rarity does and Blue shares.

Read it and Weep is one of the best Rainbow Dash episodes IMO. Still I suppose you should finish Season 1 first...do what you want.

I write on a computer! Okay okay. More seriously I think about a situation and day dream about it. Eventually I start to write it down which changes how I think about it. That and getting feedback from other people really helps.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    The one currently being discussed, and which I'm currently writing, is called II
    I had the most delicious lollipop ever (Maple Bacon flavor, awesome I know) and finally sat down and read this.

I enjoyed it, and now definitely plan on continuing to read it. I really don't see what the prereader's problem with this could be. It seems fine to me. Not to insult other authors, but I've seen much more poorly written things posted upon EqD. Not to mention something as stupid as spiderses.

Wish you the best of luck on getting everything good in the eyes of your prereader-person as more readers should see this work.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Banned

So long as I'm not being offensive or too annoying, anyway...
    I'm the Ponythread Element of Quotes. My personal best clocks in at needing to be six posts because the first five exceeded the 50,000 character limit. Almost broke that with a whopping 13 post-er, but after the first three folks asked I not dredge up stuff they didn't Want to rehash.

Seeing large posts which are all rather relevant is nice. It usually prompts discussion, aside from those few who are too lazy to read the whole thing. Admittedly it's more fun when the post covers a range of topics, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Exactly, and the kettle is black but I'm silver. See?
    sounds legit.

*hugs*
    How ya doin?

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I'm the Ponythread Element of Quotes. My personal best clocks in at needing to be six posts because the first five exceeded the 50,000 character limit. Almost broke that with a whopping 13 post-er, but after the first three folks asked I not dredge up stuff they didn't Want to rehash.

Seeing large posts which are all rather relevant is nice. It usually prompts discussion, aside from those few who are too lazy to read the whole thing. Admittedly it's more fun when the post covers a range of topics, but eh.

sounds legit.

*hugs*
    How ya doin?
    Just for SiuiS.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still depressed and with a bleak outlook on daily life but still alive I guess.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-09-19 at 11:00 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well it could have been construed as ponythread necromancy, which we really only tolerate from the Lich.... because y'know Lich.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Firbolg in the Playground

Actualy, that brings up a interesting topic:

Out of the varied OC's, which one's have trait's that might show up in future charecters on the show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

Out of the varied OC's, which one's have trait's that might show up in future charecters on the show?
    All of them. They share the trait of being ponies.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Becoming Popular - Literal Music Video

Smile Smile Smile - Literal Music Video
    Noogie this cat!
    I try to be Pringles.
    Aw, thanks!

But my Mustache isn't very Curleh yet.
    But I don't have a- oh...
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#7YBU773u2uaCTL9ibwO

Giant is in need of a TF2 medic, D&D cleric, etc. for speedy recovery. Wish him well here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post13925626

Or post pics of well wishes.
    Ouch, poor Giant. Hope he recovers quickly. At least the prognosis is good.

Also, hello gooddragon! *waves*

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I had the most delicious lollipop ever (Maple Bacon flavor, awesome I know) and finally sat down and read this.

I enjoyed it, and now definitely plan on continuing to read it. I really don't see what the prereader's problem with this could be. It seems fine to me. Not to insult other authors, but I've seen much more poorly written things posted upon EqD. Not to mention something as stupid as spiderses.

Wish you the best of luck on getting everything good in the eyes of your prereader-person as more readers should see this work.
    I'd apply the old adege here and say PRs, no matter how well-read, are still human and therefore falliable. They also tend to emphasis the technical aspects of writing that is usually overlooked by fanfic writers at large.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know what time it is?

DISCUSSION TIME!

In the spirit of digging up an old idea I haven't had time or motivation to work on, describe in detail the Mindscape (aka Mental Plane, Psychoplain) ala Psychonauts of each of the Mane 6. What does the inside of their mind look like? How is it organized? What do their virtues look like? Their personal demons? Etc.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

i would say maxtronaut's.

most of our regulars are too dark.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Commodore...one for you from latest Drawfriend
    Spoiler
    Show

non-pony...but relevant to Talk Like a Pirate Day
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Oh, Hub... Were those quote marks really necessary?
    Spoiler
    Show
    thats from Hot Topic website..not The Hub
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-09-20 at 12:15 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    i would say maxtronaut's.

most of our regulars are too dark.
    What WHAT. 0_0
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    What WHAT. 0_0
    well, take clockwork out of his world and he's still a smart, naive, and doggedly determined nice guy.
    charger is basically an amalgam of RD and twilight.

take something like deadly's death or destiny and they're out of place.

or for thread ponies, 1/2 of them are violent psychopaths. all the traits that could be in the show of Thubby exist in discord and crazy twilight.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-20 at 12:38 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Orc in the Playground

Eeyargh!

I just want to wish ye all a happy talk like o' pirate day.

Eeyargh. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...yes I can.
    But, you'd be wrong.

So, random story. You know those ads that usually play before Youtube videos? I was just trawling youtube today, idly tapping the keyboard and not paying attention, when I heard an idle southern voice drawl, "Best darn apple fritters ya ever tasted?"

What.

Mmm! Check!

It was the most surreal thing to look up and see ponies in my youtube, especially since I wasn't expecting it. Not that it isn't awesome; just, very surreal.

Second item of note: I've learned my lesson from last year's planning fiasco. The everfree NW ticket is reserved, bought, and paid for. Hecho y ya.

Third item of note is that I got the scholarship, so I'll be able to eat this semester!
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, but that was either laziness or a true failing of a spot check on their part.
    That, and this person clearly doesn't spend enough time on the Internet.

*sigh* I just want my story to get the attention I feel it deserves. I may not be a professional writer, I could improve and I think I am improving, but my stories are not bad, they do not deserve to be ignored simply because of a few imperfect commas.
    I'm not really a fanfic person myself, but,

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    All of them. They share the trait of being ponies.
    Except mine.

Mostly because I haven't really made an OC.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-09-20 at 04:16 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Staraptor is a Dweeb.
    Right.

Time to settle this, Carnage Team style!

Hurricane! Wingfight! Teratorn! Incinerate! Go!

Staaaar!

Pidgeeeot!

Aaaaarch!

Chaaaaaar!

Sic 'im! Group fly attack!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Commodore...one for you from latest Drawfriend
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huzzah!

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Now this is interesting, it appears we could getting our hands on some sort of official handbook in April 2013.
    If the handbook is just taking information purely from what we have seen in the show, 144 pages seems a tad long. Of course, I guess it could also have behind-the-scenes information on the show's production

Also, uh, happy belated birthday to Luka.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-20 at 05:39 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Rainbowdash has to have the fastest, coolest, most awesomest pet. Blasty gets a pass for being Tank, but I'd think she'd sooner keep Salamance over Garchomp and Pidgeot over Scizor, since neither of the possible replacements can actually... you know, Fly?

*comic*
    Uh, that image has a swear in it by the way.

You said that Twilight would know of the optimum strategies and types, and that her team would be based on that knowledge. Yet, in general, 5/6ths of that team is vunerable to one of the most powerful and popular compeditive pokemon in existance, Tyranitar. Even still, half her team is weak against a single type, with few switch ins to that type. So... Yeah, Does not Compute.
    I should point out that I have never once fought a human opponent and am pretty poor at remembering type advantages. Assume that Twilight would pick a better team than me, okay?

Let's get the easy one out of the way.

Do you see this?

Spoiler
    Show

There is a 50%, completely even, no bias chance, that that is a dude. Yes, despite the natural tutu, Gardevoir is a gender neutral Pokemon line, with the exception of Gallade, which is guy only.

Additionally, it's in the same pokemon scientific family as this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't quite see what that has to do with anything.

Also, for the record, I'm not taking game mechanics into account here. This was more of a "If pokemon are real, Rarity goes for the pretty ones" kinda thought.

Hm.... what say you about this:

Twilight Sparkle
    -Alakazam, Noctowl, Haxorus, Rapidash, Keldeo, Thundurus-T

Spoiler
    Show
    Alakazam is considered one of the smartest Pokemon in existance, Noctowl for her owl, Haxorus for Spike, Rapidash 'cause she's a Rapidash, Keldeo to represent Shining Armor, and Thundurus-T for having the highest non-legendary Special Attack score in existance, which seems like it would relate to the unicorn with the incredible magic powers, baring people like Celestia or Discord.
    Looks good, but correct me if I'm wrong, but Thundurus is a legendary, isn't it? Or was it demoted in BW2?

You can't even begin to say that this:

Spoiler
    Show

is cooler than this:

Spoiler
    Show

He may have a banana too, but he's wearing his Gangsta Style. And he's got Ora.
    Count me as one of the people who disagrees.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    When it comes to Ponies and Pokemon all I know is that Fluttershy must have a Shaymin. Adorable, incredibly shy Pokemon that prefers to hide rather than fight, is associated with Gratitude a perfect complement to Kindness, and when pressed to protect those it cares about transforms into a flying badass warrior. You couldn't ask for a better Pokemon for Fluttershy if you asked Game Freak to make one custom for her.

Bulbapedia Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29
    I agree 100%!

DIEGO HAVOC: you are on AT&T, right?
    No, I'm not. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Y'know what time it is?

DISCUSSION TIME!

In the spirit of digging up an old idea I haven't had time or motivation to work on, describe in detail the Mindscape (aka Mental Plane, Psychoplain) ala Psychonauts of each of the Mane 6. What does the inside of their mind look like? How is it organized? What do their virtues look like? Their personal demons? Etc.
    Hmm.

Twilight: An endless library, of course. Probably filled with giant Celestia statues. Statues that come to life and destroy you for even the smallest mistake.

Rainbow Dash: Cloudsdale as a giant obsticle course. Flaming rings, crushing traps, and badass monsters to defeat. There are posters of Dash everywhere, of her as a Wonderbolt, covered with words like "Awesome!" and "Radical!". However, Dash herself is nowhere to be found. Might have something to do with all the laughing pegasi everywhere.

Fluttershy: A peaceful meadow, filled with cute critters, and surrounded on all sides by something resembling the Everfree Forest.

I'm kinda at a loss for the rest.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Spamalot in the Playground

I was going to post a Jaw-Drop pic, but really, I can't decide which one to use...
    Post them all together like an epic flash mob?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Because she braved the weirdness that is hot topic and bought me 2 MORE PONY SHIRTS AND DIDN'T MAKE FUN OF ME.
    Hot Topic is that weird? I was there just 3 days ago buying a pony shirt for one of my sisters (The other sister I bought a pokemon shirt). I dunno, Hot Topic looked pretty neat to me. Maybe I'm just used to that kind of weirdness.
    But cool that your sis got you some more pony shirts. Which designs were they?

So, just the traits?
    I dunno, but I still like the idea of my adventurous pony that grew up never caring to get a cutie mark.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

....... if you don't mind me asking, how do you write, those who do? I have a completely unorigonal piece of trash rattling around in my head, and I'm not sure if I'm better off venting it by trying to use some of the world in a D&D game, or writing out the story that I see whenever I close my eyes. ... I might draw an OC...

Hell, maybe I'll pull a Luka, claim the Element of Denial, and Ponify him.
    Thanqol already said a lot of good, as one would expect.

Whatever you write it should first and foremost be something you want to write, and something you enjoy writing. It may be hard as hell to get those words down, you may be tearing your hair out trying to write the story, but ultimately you need to derive some sort of pleasure from the story. If, at the end, all you can say is "God dammmit, it's done! And good riddance! Never more shall I lay my eyes on this piece of horseapples! Praise Celestia, I'm done!" then obviously you did something wrong and should have stopped long ago. If instead you can breathe a sigh of relief and lean back with a satisfied smile, looking back at all the sweat, tears and blood you poured into it and be happy about what you have made and kinda sad that it's all over, then you've won!

I have a TON of story ideas, way more than I could find the time to write. Currently I have nine ponyfics sitting on my desktop that one day I'd like to write (or is currently writing, in the case of II). Some of them have a few pages written, others are just a synopsis or even just a line or two to stir my memory. I have some more stashed away somewhere that I have kinda put off indefinitely, until hell freezes over or some strange inspiration hits.

And then I have my non-pony stories, which are also piling up. The point is, ideas are important. If you only have one idea, then unless that idea totally dominates your mind and is so amazing awesome you just can't stop writing it even if you tried, then you need to get more ideas. More, and more and more! Stupid ideas, good ideas, little ideas, big ideas, sad ideas, happy ideas, all the ideas! They're good for ya! The more you have the more you can throw out, and the greater the chance that an awesome one will grab you and drag you along for the ride.

Sometimes that's what happens. A story just pops up in your head and writes itself. It's a living thing taking over your mind and body in order to escape its mental prison and enter the world, you're just a means to an end, a word-spewing puppet. Sometimes you have to force yourself to write, other times you can't stop, it just flows freely from the tips of your fingers at the whims of some distant muse. The latter moments are the most fun, and the more ideas you come up with the better the chance one will be just that kind of idea. To hell with all the other ideas, then.

As for how to write, you have to actually sit down and just do it. The hardest part is getting started, once you get going it's usually much easier. All you have to do then is make sure you don't stop, even for a second, because then you have to start again, and getting started is the hard part.

Distractions like the Internet are the bane of writing, try to shut them out. Personally I'm starting to think I need to have a few hours every day where I simply cut the power and turn off the cellphone to sit down and just write. Or even take a week off from the Internet now and then, that's something I've also thought of. A vacation from the Internet. It may sound drastic, but lately I think that's the kind of thing you need sometimes in this modern world.

Glad to hear you like it.

As Grif said, the prereaders focus a lot on aspects most other people don't, like punctuation. It actually brings up a good question, I think, of whether the prereaders are giving people what they want or not.

But I think I risk rambling here *deletes long rant already written*. Maybe I'll compose my thoughts and send them to Seth or something instead. He did ask for suggestions on how to improve the site recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I'm not really a fanfic person myself, but,

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Third item of note is that I got the scholarship, so I'll be able to eat this semester!
    Congrats!!!!

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Colossus in the Playground

Distractions like the Internet are the bane of writing, try to shut them out. Personally I'm starting to think I need to have a few hours every day where I simply cut the power and turn off the cellphone to sit down and just write. Or even take a week off from the Internet now and then, that's something I've also thought of. A vacation from the Internet. It may sound drastic, but lately I think that's the kind of thing you need sometimes in this modern world.
    There are people who don't do this? I chose my laptop's model specifically because it was too simple to run anything more complex than Microsoft Word.

Incidentally, I've started my marathon of Fallout Equestria. I'm prepared to concede that it's hype is deserved. It's good reading.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

There are people who don't do this? I chose my laptop's model specifically because it was too simple to run anything more complex than Microsoft Word.
    I must admit I find it hard to do something like that. Often I do sit down for hours to focus on a single task, and don't need to turn everything off to do so, but sometimes my mind keeps reminding me of all the things that might be going on, and that in itself is distracting. This especially happens when I'm engaged in some big discussion, or something important is going down in one of the games I'm in, or I just posted a piece of art, and I can't quite stop worrying that I might miss something or end up with a HUGE massive number of posts to respond to because things went crazy while I was gone.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Y'know what time it is?

DISCUSSION TIME!

Well, I can come up with a few.

Fluttershy's mindscape is modeled on her cottage and the surrounding area. I'm somewhat divided on whether it's possible to get to the Mental Everfree, or whether it's just a Spooky Inaccessible Place. Animals of all sorts abound in the outside. There are some inside, as well, but not as many as live there in reality. The interior floorplan is altered, primarily to accommodate five new rooms: one representing what Fluttershy thinks of each of the rest of the Mane Six. (This is not necessarily what we-the-viewers, or any other group or individual, may think of each of them.) These rooms are jam-packed with figments, by the way. Notably absent from the whole place is any representation of Fluttershy herself; no voice, no picture on the wall, no shadow.

Then there's the storm cellar. It's located around back, and it's locked, although someone with a TK Punch like Raz's would probably be able to get in. You recall the toybox in Milla's mind? This storm cellar serves much the same function. Everyone has those little nasty thoughts, the insults and so on; Fluttershy often doesn't let hers get as far as her conscious mind before locking them up in here. What Discord did to her, quite simply, was to delete the lock; Iron Will produced much the same effect by different means.

Twilight Sparkle has an enormous library for her mind. Rows and rows of books and dag nabbit, Brain, this is no time to be crossing her over with Alcatraz Smedry. Anyway. Books and books, and the shelves are made of hornglow. Every so often there are piles of books on the floor, rather than neatly on their shelves, as if someone got up and left in the middle of something. (All that outer clutter has to come from somewhere...) The lighting is such that it often seems like something scary is rushing at you and you have to do something to stop it.

Applejack's mind is an apple orchard. Surprise, surprise, right? It's not specifically Sweet Apple Acres, though, just... general apple orchard. Everything is fine, everything is great... except that anything new or different is apt to be swarmed with Censors from every nearby tree. If it survives that barrage it might be allowed to stick around.* In one corner stand two trees with brightly-painted fruit.

*Applejack is what I would describe as "a rock", but that cuts both ways; her friends can depend on her, but she doesn't adapt well. (See: Applebuck Season, Winter Wrap Up, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000) Innovations and new ideas can get into that kind of mind, but they have to be tenacious and tough.

I have no concrete ideas for the others, except that you've got to be fast to get anything accomplished in Rainbow Dash's mind. And I suspect a Brain Tumbler fusion of Pinkie's and Milla's would be harder to notice.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-09-20 at 08:02 AM.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Good to know.
    It's not nearly as bad as the "Don't you dare ****ing insult Red by calling him Ash" GB, but it's notable. Mewtwo even jokes about their names and games when they borrow each other's Starter during the Deoxys arc, but the joke gets ruined if they keep the random name switch that isn't even that consistent. FireRed and LeafBlue?

Ruby is a good match for Rarity. But something about him makes me think he isn't. I think it's that when it comes down to it he doesn't have the same style that Rarity does and Blue shares.
    I dunno.. considering how crazy fun she is, I feel like Blue makes for a better Pinkie Pie than Rarity. A stepford smiler silly cute sly girl who helps keep everyone on their toes... which one am I refering to?

And then there's the prissy primadona that goes about everything with a flair of stye and perfect, graceful precision... again, who am I talking about?

Read it and Weep is one of the best Rainbow Dash episodes IMO. Still I suppose you should finish Season 1 first...do what you want.
    Wednesday, if I can avoid needing to do anything else, I'm gonna go all out and watch both seasons, once and for all, and see how much I can take in one sitting.

I write on a computer!
    Like this?

Spoiler
    Show

Okay okay. More seriously I think about a situation and day dream about it. Eventually I start to write it down which changes how I think about it. That and getting feedback from other people really helps.
    See, that's the thing. I dream about both of these worlds, and several others, almost all the time. The Clinically Depressed and Anxiety prone part of me tries to make me forget them and ignore it because they're cliche as -****-. But the elements of the scenes and the various settings are consistent enough that I'm starting to see some of the stories... and I can't quite shake them... I'm not sure what to do...

I had the most delicious lollipop ever (Maple Bacon flavor, awesome I know)
    .... Maple, as in the Syrup. + Bacon, like the meat?

Witchcraft!

Teach me!

I'm the Ponythread Element of Quotes.
    Element of Denial, Element of Quotes, Element of Airships, you guys are handing these things out more than Keyblades!

My personal best clocks in at needing to be six posts because the first five exceeded the 50,000 character limit. Almost broke that with a whopping 13 post-er, but after the first three folks asked I not dredge up stuff they didn't Want to rehash.
    Damn....

I'm almost as messed up as Peanut. Cut me some sla-OH! I did find a random thing on the news I wanted to show you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    Aw, thanks!

But I don't have a- oh...
    .... You need a Swagneto Avatar. Then, you too, can be Pringles. MAHVEL BAYBE!

But, you'd be wrong.
    Amen.

Second item of note: I've learned my lesson from last year's planning fiasco. The everfree NW ticket is reserved, bought, and paid for. Hecho y ya.
    .... I spent an entire 3 days trying not to think about Canterlot Gardens and that Tournament... thank you for reminding me.

Aww snap! I know that! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Right.

Time to settle this, Carnage Team style!

Hurricane! Wingfight! Teratorn! Incinerate! Go!

Staaaar!

Pidgeeeot!

Aaaaarch!

Chaaaaaar!

Sic 'im! Group fly attack!
    Spoiler
    Show

Uh, that image has a swear in it by the way.
    Ah, sorry about that. I'll try to find another one that doesn't have it. You still understand my point, though, right?

I should point out that I have never once fought a human opponent and am pretty poor at remembering type advantages. Assume that Twilight would pick a better team than me, okay?
    Fair enough.

Don't quite see what that has to do with anything.
    Mainly that so many people like to typecast, in fan art, comics, and fics, Gardevoir and it's kin as the beauty type, and as a predominately female species, when neither are necesarally true. I believe you infact disagreed with my remark about Gardevoir before.

Also, for the record, I'm not taking game mechanics into account here. This was more of a "If pokemon are real, Rarity goes for the pretty ones" kinda thought.
    Fair enough. I still think it's hilarious that you can outclass Milotic with this in terms of beauty in game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Looks good, but correct me if I'm wrong, but Thundurus is a legendary, isn't it? Or was it demoted in BW2?
    Indeed he is. However, he's a member of a Legendary Trio, held in the same vein as, for example, the Birds (Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos), and it's not usually as taboo for such a creature to be used.

Count me as one of the people who disagrees.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't see this pick from the playground, but I did search for it. (Wow that site you got it from is so NSFW.) Cool, but only because of Gary Mother Freaking Oak. Bananaheaded Chicken is still hating being left behind. And for lacking the ORA! And for being a freaking Pidgeon instead of a Badass Bird of Prey.

Post them all together like an epic flash mob?
    Just the fact that I was given pause is enough. I've never actually been in a flash mob... I want to be in one.

Whatever you write it should first and foremost be something you want to write, and something you enjoy writing. It may be hard as hell to get those words down, you may be tearing your hair out trying to write the story, but ultimately you need to derive some sort of pleasure from the story. If, at the end, all you can say is "God dammmit, it's done! And good riddance! Never more shall I lay my eyes on this piece of horseapples! Praise Celestia, I'm done!" then obviously you did something wrong and should have stopped long ago. If instead you can breathe a sigh of relief and lean back with a satisfied smile, looking back at all the sweat, tears and blood you poured into it and be happy about what you have made and kinda sad that it's all over, then you've won!
    I've got mixed feelings about the ideas in my head. It's made of a lot of the different kinds of things I enjoy, but at the same time, I'm ashamed of even remotely thinking of putting them down in written form because they're so bloody cliche, and I feel like I should feel bad if I can't be origonal. Which is a bit of a paradox, since the one thing I've learned most from my lit teachers is that no one's origonal anymore. Everything gets spawned from what we know, what we hear, and what we like.

I have a TON of story ideas, way more than I could find the time to write. Currently I have nine ponyfics sitting on my desktop that one day I'd like to write (or is currently writing, in the case of II). Some of them have a few pages written, others are just a synopsis or even just a line or two to stir my memory. I have some more stashed away somewhere that I have kinda put off indefinitely, until hell freezes over or some strange inspiration hits. And then I have my non-pony stories, which are also piling up.
    I know what you mean...

The point is, ideas are important. If you only have one idea, then unless that idea totally dominates your mind and is so amazing awesome you just can't stop writing it even if you tried, then you need to get more ideas. More, and more and more! Stupid ideas, good ideas, little ideas, big ideas, sad ideas, happy ideas, all the ideas! They're good for ya! The more you have the more you can throw out, and the greater the chance that an awesome one will grab you and drag you along for the ride.
    NO! I AM ADHD! I DO NOT NEED MORE IDEAS IN MY HEAD! I HAVE TOO MANY IDEAS IN MY HEAD! I NEED TO FOCUS! I NEED TO FILTER -OUT- IDEAS IN MY HEAD, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY KEEP ME FROM BEING ABLE TO FIGURE OUT THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE, LIKE RESEARCH PAPERS AND STUDYING FOR A TEST! GRAAAAH!

Otherwise, I understand.
    Sometimes that's what happens. A story just pops up in your head and writes itself. It's a living thing taking over your mind and body in order to escape its mental prison and enter the world, you're just a means to an end, a word-spewing puppet. Sometimes you have to force yourself to write, other times you can't stop, it just flows freely from the tips of your fingers at the whims of some distant muse. The latter moments are the most fun, and the more ideas you come up with the better the chance one will be just that kind of idea. To hell with all the other ideas, then.
    Hmm....

As for how to write, you have to actually sit down and just do it. The hardest part is getting started, once you get going it's usually much easier. All you have to do then is make sure you don't stop, even for a second, because then you have to start again, and getting started is the hard part.
    You sound like my Mom... and my Therapist.... and my Minister... and my Friend-Who-I-Want-To-Be-In-A-Relationship-With... and my Birth-Mom... and my Teacher. I'm starting to think you guys have a point.

But that's always the hardest part of anything: I still have a test and a research paper I'm supposed to be making signifigant progress on. I've spent 2 hours instead writing this big-ass post to you guys, just because I'm not sure where and how to put the first bit of effort for the others. I'll be fixing that since I'm going to school once I put this up.

I agree with you, and I'd consider it, but I'm practically a cyborg at this point. I am the bone of my cpu. Games are my Body, and Memes are my Blood. I have created over a thousand posts. Unknown to trolls, nor known to moderators. Have withstood sleep-deprivation to create many comments. Yet these hands will never hold a tweet. So as I lurk, Unlimited Internets!

.... that was terrible and I should feel bad for it. You get the point. Between school and my personal time burners being found soley on the internet, and having a history of addiction, it's hard for me to even think of detatching myself from it.

.... Well dang. I should have done that when I wanted to actually get stuff done. I always get distracted by my assortment of toys...

I must admit I find it hard to do something like that. Often I do sit down for hours to focus on a single task, and don't need to turn everything off to do so, but sometimes my mind keeps reminding me of all the things that might be going on, and that in itself is distracting. This especially happens when I'm engaged in some big discussion, or something important is going down in one of the games I'm in, or I just posted a piece of art, and I can't quite stop worrying that I might miss something or end up with a HUGE massive number of posts to respond to because things went crazy while I was gone.
    We aren't so different in this regard...

Later, Ponies! Gotta get some work done!

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

On the topic of writing, I'd add my voice to the opinion that distractions like the Internet are definitely the bane of writing.

Nowadays, between games and work, I don't even find the time to write a simple scene anymore. And that makes me kind of sad.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Colossus in the Playground

So I just read fifty percent of Fallout Equestria in a single sitting.

There's no good way to finish that sentence.

I should really have done this sooner.