New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Wait for them to cool down?
    I am not very fond of congealed butter, otherwise I might have gone for that after I realized how hot they are.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I...but...but snails are icky and gross. How could you eat them
    How would you know unless you're had them? And have you really not heard of eating snails before?

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...What? It seems like there are crucial parts of this sentence that are missing for it to parse correctly.

Also, snails are an excuse to eat garlic and butter. Which is silly because you need no excuse and mushrooms give a nearly identical experience in most cases and are more readily obtained.
    Yea,h that's basically the whole thing.

Yeah, I find I prefer mushrooms to them, but for some reason, people kept offering snails, so I experimented.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    A better question is, why would you voluntarily eat them? >.<

I hear they're rather chewy. Like most mollusks, I guess.

Sauteed mushrooms are amazing. Never used garlic in making them, though, now I'm curious.
    What's the difference between snails and any other meaty thing? It's not like they're more slimy than certain seafoods.

I don't care for mollusks because of their flavor. And if they were chewy, I couldn't tell, they were all buttery and tiny, so I didn't really have to chew much.

It's very good. Go do it now.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenary Pen's Meticulously Planned Machine of Prose Random Banter #182

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yeah, I find I prefer mushrooms to them, but for some reason, people kept offering snails, so I experimented.

What's the difference between snails and any other meaty thing? It's not like they're more slimy than certain seafoods.

I don't care for mollusks because of their flavor. And if they were chewy, I couldn't tell, they were all buttery and tiny, so I didn't really have to chew much.

It's very good. Go do it now.
    Wow, Moonie, I didn't know you were into experimentation.

This is a fair point, though I'm made very uncomfortable with the idea of eating the viscera of an animal, truth be told. Also, I'm not a huge fan of seafood in general, although with fish, it's mostly due to the taste and flakiness.

Ah, fair enough. So, drown something you don't like in enough butter, and you'll eat it? I think I'll stick with my mushrooms. =3

And I would, except it's 3 in the morning, and I would most likely end up burning myself. You and your nows. You're very impatient, you know? I'm gonna end up trying to cook on a flight to Canada in order to try and obey you, won't I?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow, Moonie, I didn't know you were into experimentation.

This is a fair point, though I'm made very uncomfortable with the idea of eating the viscera of an animal, truth be told. Also, I'm not a huge fan of seafood in general, although with fish, it's mostly due to the taste and flakiness.

Ah, fair enough. So, drown something you don't like in enough butter, and you'll eat it? I think I'll stick with my mushrooms. =3

And I would, except it's 3 in the morning, and I would most likely end up burning myself. You and your nows. You're very impatient, you know? I'm gonna end up trying to cook on a flight to Canada in order to try and obey you, won't I?
    I don't like seafood.

I never said that. I don't eat food I don't like, I just happen to like snails. Where did you get the idea I'd eat something I hated if it were buttery enough?

NAOW
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-09-24 at 02:49 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't like seafood.

I never said that. I don't eat food I don't like, I just happen to like snails. Where did you get the idea I'd eat something I hated if it were buttery enough?

NAOW
    I misunderstood, snails are mollusks, so I thought you meant you didn't like them. >.<

Ok, ok, I'm going! D=

...how long does it take to walk to Canada? >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

...how long does it take to walk to Canada? >.>
    That depends on where you start.
    If you're one metre away, then not very long at all. If you're in Australia, you'll die before getting there.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Just bought my Mists of Pandaria (aka MoP) supplies to grind to 90 for tomorrow afternoon at 5pm when it launches, so excited! Anyone else here play and looking forward to it?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, do! Of course, pics never show the interesting pitch-black parts, which is a pity. Unless your camera can see in the dark, but I doubt it. But the more Teddy pics the better.
    (Please tell me if my Teddy-is-hawt jokes ever get annoying. )
    I'll see to it in the evening. There won't be much of me in the pictures, however. For some reason, I was very rarely caught on film during that trip.

Also, I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    -y'know what? Let's just move on. As Teddy put it:
    Never. Ever. Quote. That. Paragraph. Again. (And this applies to all of you.)

It's poorly worded, don't separate the two points well enough and doesn't bring the intents across especially good either. Also, as Rawhide pointed out, even though it wasn't intended as such, it works all too well as a cop out for when you don't actually want to concede. And on top of that, I don't think it fully applies to your situation (as it was). Finally it's what made everything go awry for me in the first place, don't repeat my mistake.

Also, I don't want to be reminded. Yesterday over dinner, we were talking about rhymes, and I brought up how utterly terrible rhymes online dictionaries suggest to your searchword. While talking about it, I noticed that I was starting to feel more and more uneasy (residual panic, it should go away in due time). Even that discussion caused me a bit of an emotional turmoil. Point is, I've learned what I need to and want to put this all behind me. It's kind of become a sore spot of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    What's wrong with just dropping a subject of conversation? Especially one that's gotten multiple people angry?
    It doesn't say anything about why you dropped the subject. If you don't want to run the risk of everyone thinking that you just got angry at them and quit because you (unreasonably) think they're unreasonable, it may require a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    From what I can gather, Pokemon-freak89 did not mean what he said. However, he has not said that clearly and apologised properly. In fact, he has used a line which is an absolute cop out, a way to not say something which I would deem very important in this situation.

If he does not accept the mistake and apologise properly, then it will leave open wounds and hurt. If he does, then any reasonable person could be expected to forgive or start to forgive.
    On topic of apologising for mistakes leaving open wounds... No, scratch that. Just forget I said anything. I don't want to come off as demanding, or even think about it.

Sorry.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #938
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have no problem with sausage, and I've always wanted to try haggis, but I find fungus unbearably disgusting for some reason. I mean, by definition it grew from rot and decay...

Also: *hugs Teddy*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Just bought my Mists of Pandaria (aka MoP) supplies to grind to 90 for tomorrow afternoon at 5pm when it launches, so excited! Anyone else here play and looking forward to it?
    Everytime I see a MoP thing I think "Hey yeah. This might be cool." Then I remember they're Pandas. Alas, I quit WoW 1.5 years ago after a mild 3 month addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    On topic of apologising for mistakes leaving open wounds... No, scratch that. Just forget I said anything. I don't want to come off as demanding, or even think about it.

Sorry.
    If that was an apology for the earlier hoo-ha, then it is accepted. Also, you have my apologies for causing any distress - as I've already mentioned, nothing I said was to tell you off for anything. It was a friendly academic discussion, an attempt to find common ground, and an attempt to explain where things went wrong.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Everytime I see a MoP thing I think "Hey yeah. This might be cool." Then I remember they're Pandas. Alas, I quit WoW 1.5 years ago after a mild 3 month addiction.
    Panda's were in Warcraft III, they've always been pretty cool. I'd always get the pandaren hero when there was a tavern.

I just can't wait. Not sure if I'll even be able to sleep tonight.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

Panda's were in Warcraft III, they've always been pretty cool. I'd always get the pandaren hero when there was a tavern.

I just can't wait. Not sure if I'll even be able to sleep tonight.
    Bah! Frozen Throne ruined Pandaren completely*.
    In Reign of Chaos they were just an another creature in the wilderness to kill so you could take their gold. And they looked like Furbolgs not keg carrying martial artists.

*I have no problems with Pandaren in Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. I just really hate the direction they took everything in with WoW.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

In Reign of Chaos they were just an another creature in the wilderness to kill so you could take their gold. And they looked like Furbolgs not keg carrying martial artists.

*I have no problems with Pandaren in Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. I just really hate the direction they took everything in with WoW.
    I just don't like the slapstick Kung Fu Panda shtick they got. Nomnomnoming on your straw of bamboo while effortlessly kicking the two lvl 85's asses=me upset. (Chen was cool.)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-09-24 at 06:50 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

They were still pretty awesome though. But then, so was the Dark Ranger... Makes me want to make an Undead Hunter! Ack, evil horde!

Also ~ I can't stop listening to Girls Generation (KPOP)! So addicting! Gah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I just don't like the slapstick Kung Fu Panda shtick they got. Nomnomnoming on your straw of bamboo while effortlessly kicking the two lvl 85's asses=me upset. (Chen was cool.)
    It would've been something similar to DK's. Or Holy pallies, have you tried to kill one of those damn things before? Once it took a whole 10 man group just to down this one annoying Holy pally in WSG.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-24 at 06:51 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

It would've been something similar to DK's. Or Holy pallies, have you tried to kill one of those damn things before? Once it took a whole 10 man group just to down this one annoying Holy pally in WSG.
    Holy pallies are just priests with less dps. They just hide behind their uber-bubbles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

I am in complete agreement. One I could tolerate and in fact, he was awesome, but they didn't have to design a whole expansion around it!

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy pallies are just priests with less dps. They just hide behind their uber-bubbles.
    They have like four or five cooldowns they can rotate, plus heal and own and urgh. Hence why I now have a level 40 pally who has an OS Holy.

I am in complete agreement. One I could tolerate and in fact, he was awesome, but they didn't have to design a whole expansion around it!
    Chen Stormstout is amazing.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Chen Stormstout is amazing.
    Yes, but he was an optional character in an optional campaign!
    Do I have to do all three missions of that campaign without him to prove it to you?

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but he was an optional character in an optional campaign!
    Do I have to do all three missions of that campaign without him to prove it to you?
    <.<
    >.>
    No.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

<.<
    >.>
    No.
    Good. Because this computer doesn't have Warcraft on it.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

<.<
    >.>
    No. Yes. Yes you do.
    *Never played WCIII*

*Once had his math teacher tell a long story about how he had trouble getting baack form a LAN session with buddies*

I SCARED OF THE COMIC RELIEFY PANDAS. AUGH!
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

So the introductory lecture for my first maths module could be summarised as 'If you did A-level further maths with any mechanics at all, this should be a stroll in the park'.

Which is nice

Then I had two hours on error analysis which made me

And now I'm in the middle of a 2 hour lunch break.

I am seriously loving university guys!

23. - Top - End - #953
    Colossus in the Playground

How would you know unless you're had them? And have you really not heard of eating snails before?
    I've heard of eating snails before, I'm just astounded that people do it. It just sounds so gross

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    So the introductory lecture for my first maths module could be summarised as 'If you did A-level further maths with any mechanics at all, this should be a stroll in the park'.

Which is nice

Then I had two hours on error analysis which made me

And now I'm in the middle of a 2 hour lunch break.

I am seriously loving university guys!
    Wish I could do decent maths.. I have trouble doing subtraction and I'm 18!

I practically own one of my ex's.. I'm so mean, but it's fun.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

I've heard of eating snails before, I'm just astounded that people do it. It just sounds so gross
    Is it the texture, the taste or the glistening silver trail they leave on your tongue as they slither down your throat that squicks you out?

Also, mushrooms sprinkled with crushed garlic on hot buttered toast = yum. It only takes about 10 mins to make too. =D

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

I've tried it. Mostly it was like eating garlic flavoured rubber.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

27. - Top - End - #957

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Is it the texture, the taste or the glistening silver trail they leave on your tongue as they slither down your throat that squicks you out?

Also, mushrooms sprinkled with crushed garlic on hot buttered toast = yum. It only takes about 10 mins to make too. =D
    I've never tasted one myself, but those other two things are what make me squick my pants at this.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

He's joking, they don't really leave a silver trail down your throat. Stop being mean, Succubus!
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sowwy, Zodi. ^_^

30. - Top - End - #960

It's quite alright. Still though, the slimy texture of the snail would instantly put me off.