New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Well, each character plays differently, so we'll need a character with a power which doesn't currently exist. Maybe we'll see something defensive, like a character who becomes immune to damage for x seconds or something?

I'm hoping for something a little more creative than that, but it's just speculation right now.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    So, looking at some Borderlands 2 info last night, and according to interviews I learned two things:

That we'll apparently see another DLC before the end of the world (so about a week now),

And that there will eventually be a sixth playable character,

I couldn't find information as to any specific details. Anyone else find anything out? Speculation?
    I haven't heard anything about another forthcoming DLC (though there's still two to fill out the Season Pass), though I did hear official confirmation from Randy Pitchford that another Vault Hunter was being developed.

That's ALL I've heard on the matter and I follow as many of the Gearbox twitters as closely as I can (gotta get ALL the Golden Keys).

I think a DLC to go up and loot/explode Hyperion's orbital base would be pretty fun, especially if it was at the behest of Mr. Torgue because...DO YOU HAVE TO ASK? EXPLODING SPACE STATIONS ARE AWESOME! ALSO I BLAME HYPERION SABOTAGE FOR REPLACING MY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH RAISIN COOKIES AND TINY TINA WILL BACK ME UP ON THAT."
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see some of the other gun vendors developed the same way Torgue was in the recent DLC.

Maliwan would be some bizarre modern art, something like if Apple were run by Edna Mode.

Tediore would be a giant CostCo type area, probably ruined to the point where it more resembles the earth from WALL-E but is still staffed.

We got a pretty good look at Jakobs in the Dr. Ned Zombie pack of BL 1, but I imagine it'd resemble Lynchwood except with more trees.

Vladof would of course be one giant Russia stereotype FOR GLORIOUS REVOLUTION!!!

No idea what Dahl would be like.

Or we could get something that better explores all the characters' pasts, including Gaige and whoever the new guy is. Maybe with personalized quests for each class.

I like the Hyperion Space Station idea, and I'm surprised it wasn't used for the main campaign.

The next idea needs to be spoilered:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We find out Roland really is alive and just needs to be rescued from wherever he's trapped. I still find his death to be kind of BS since the New-U stations are kind of a plot point.

Alternatively, make a zombie DLC pack with zombie-Roland riding a zombie-Bloodwing equipped with zombie-Scorpio turrets.

Final DLC proposition: The Revenge of Butt-Stallion.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

No idea what Dahl would be like.
    Militaristic; the whole idea behind Dahl is "what would happen if NATO continued to manufacture weaponry?"

The next idea needs to be spoilered:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We find out Roland really is alive and just needs to be rescued from wherever he's trapped. I still find his death to be kind of BS since the New-U stations are kind of a plot point.

Alternatively, make a zombie DLC pack with zombie-Roland riding a zombie-Bloodwing equipped with zombie-Scorpio turrets.
    Thing is, if this were true, a certain antagonist would also be fine and dandy. Going through unused audio files, the New-U Stations were not used by the Vault Hunters from BL1 because they were no longer on the network. Same goes for major characters that died over the course of the DLC. If someone dies, they're gone for good.

If anything, the existence of New-U stations in the canon is debatable. It's more than likely that the lines were cut because Gearbox wanted to avoid plot holes and still maintain a good respawn system.

Nobody besides Claptrap (in the first three minutes of BL1) ever mention the stations anyways.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I like the Hyperion Space Station idea, and I'm surprised it wasn't used for the main campaign.
    Probably because it would make no sense if you went to a place where the station is launching loaders at you if you knew you'd already trashed the place!

6. - Top - End - #696

I just saw some leaked pictures. Next DLC is Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt.

Seems legit.
    JediSoth

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the tip.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

so soon we can all feel like hunters, scholars and gentlemen(/-ladies)? awesome!
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Would anyone be interested in forming a group for some raid bosses?

I got a 50 commando and siren and am working on a mechromancer (32 right now) to use.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Wow, what level of suck do I belong to?

My son and I are partially through BL2, I play Zero, he plays Salvador - they seem to work well together, we haven't had much trouble with anything. We're mid 20's now, just finished the Bloodwing quest.

So, I have more time to play solo, so I started my own game as Axton. So I'm at level 16, and going to rescue Roland. I pretty much walk through the level until I get to the Constructor.

Yeah, that. Holy carp! I don't think I even got through it's shields. Shortly after, mission failed, he's gone.

Ok, so we get another chance at another location ... same thing - that thing spits out so many targets, I can't get near him. It took me over 1 hour to finally defeat the thing. *sigh*.

Oh well. So just wondering - any tips for playing Axton in general? Obviously, I'm going about it wrong

My current key info:
    - I building in Survival tree, because I wanted to get to the x2 Turrets. Thinking, playing alone, I could use the extra Meat shields :)
    - Class mod is currently action skill cooldown.
    - Mirv grenade. x7
    - Using the Firehawk shield for now, haven't found anything better.
    - I have a good Sniper rifle for long distance sniping, a fire sniper when needed.
    - a good pistol for close in, and a corrosive one for mechs/armor when needed.
    - my main weapon is a pretty good Assault rifle. something like 147 dmg, 85+ accuracy, but only about 11 mag size.

I can't use shotguns, (did I mention I suck?) If I get close enough to get the most of it, I usually end up in Second Wind before anything else happens.

I usually snipe a few key targets from range then switch to Assault rifle when the rest get close. Drop turret, and work 'em over. Generally works fine. Haven't had any issues in the game until this mission.

Anyway, looking for suggestions and such!!
    Cheers!
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ditto View Post

My son and I are partially through BL2, I play Zero, he plays Salvador - they seem to work well together, we haven't had much trouble with anything. We're mid 20's now, just finished the Bloodwing quest.

So, I have more time to play solo, so I started my own game as Axton. So I'm at level 16, and going to rescue Roland. I pretty much walk through the level until I get to the Constructor.

Yeah, that. Holy carp! I don't think I even got through it's shields. Shortly after, mission failed, he's gone.

Ok, so we get another chance at another location ... same thing - that thing spits out so many targets, I can't get near him. It took me over 1 hour to finally defeat the thing. *sigh*.

Oh well. So just wondering - any tips for playing Axton in general? Obviously, I'm going about it wrong

My current key info:
    - I building in Survival tree, because I wanted to get to the x2 Turrets. Thinking, playing alone, I could use the extra Meat shields :)
    - Mirv grenade. x7
    - I have a good Sniper rifle for long distance sniping, a fire sniper when needed.
    - my main weapon is a pretty good Assault rifle. something like 147 dmg, 85+ accuracy, but only about 11 mag size.

I can't use shotguns, (did I mention I suck?) If I get close enough to get the most of it, I usually end up in Second Wind before anything else happens.

I usually snipe a few key targets from range then switch to Assault rifle when the rest get close. Drop turret, and work 'em over. Generally works fine. Haven't had any issues in the game until this mission.

Cheers!
    Use the turret to distract the plebs if necessary, focus fire on the Constructors Eye as hard and as quick as you can? Grenade spam plus an appropriate damage type should do good work.

That or try fishing out a rocket launcher, just to even the odds a little. I generally don't use them, but found having one as a backup in that particular fight invaluable. Assuming I'm thinking of the right fight.

12. - Top - End - #702

I had trouble with that Constructor when I played Maya the first time. I ended up beating it with a shock submachine gun. I just ran up to it, ignoring EVERYTHING else, jammed my gun in it's eye and pulled the trigger until it was dead. At that point, I had never seen a corrosive weapon. This was after dying so much on the dam I was ready to throw the game out the window.
    JediSoth

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah Gaige with 400 anarchy why are you so overpowered. I just killed the warrior by standing still at the same spot and shooting him. This did enough damage for him to pop back into the lava before his going out of the lava animation finished and 'nth shot' killed all the rakks/rock dudes so in the end I took a total of 0 damage.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, reading your stories makes me realize just how lucky I was to find a corrosive rocket launcher off literally the first loader I encountered on the dam... Needless to say, hilarity ensued.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Wow, reading your stories makes me realize just how lucky I was to find a corrosive rocket launcher off literally the first loader I encountered on the dam... Needless to say, hilarity ensued.
    I.

Hate you.
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    I had trouble with that Constructor when I played Maya the first time. I ended up beating it with a shock submachine gun. I just ran up to it, ignoring EVERYTHING else, jammed my gun in it's eye and pulled the trigger until it was dead. At that point, I had never seen a corrosive weapon. This was after dying so much on the dam I was ready to throw the game out the window.
    Ironically this is about how it ended (finally):

I managed to get it down the 1/2 life, then it "called for backup"
    Oh great. By the time I cleared that wave (I hate badass loaders *sigh* ), it was full shields again. After several trips back to re-arm, and having to clear the area of re-spawns once, I finally cleared out the badasses, tossed a turret to distract the normals, lead with a grenade, "Jammed my assault rifle" in the Constructor's eye (as you say), and opened fire. Still almost died ... but yeah, finally went down.

Damn, that mission isn't easy playing solo - or is it just me?
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Damn, that mission isn't easy playing solo - or is it just me?
    My first time through, I pulled out a reasonably high quality Jakobs sniper rifle the instant I had line of sight and repeatedly sniped the eye as fast as the recoil would let me. I don't think any of the loaders there really had time to do anything significant to me before it died, and mopping them up afterwards was easy (especially with Roland helping).

Then I started TVH mode, and that same fight was a ridiculous pain in the ass. That might be partly due to being relatively underleveled and undergeared, as I was deliberately postponing all side quests to the end so their rewards would scale up, but regardless of the reason I was quite frustrated and poor (from respawn fees) by the time I finally beat it.

I haven't gotten that far in any other playthrough, so I don't know how typical either of those experiences is.

If you have to take the fight to Friendship Gulag, though, do NOT try to snipe it from long range. It has a special shield that reflects bullets, which it only drops when you get close. On the dam, you're already close enough when you come around the corner. In FG, you can get line of sight from waaaaaaay beyond its engagement range, and I sniped myself to death several times before I figured it out.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ettin in the Playground

My current key info:
    - Mirv grenade. x7

Cheers!
    It's cheap and easy to respec, so what I did was stick with the guerilla tree until level 31, then respecced into gemini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Fighting on the dam:

1. Turn up audio
    2. Equip guns of badass
    3. Kill the lights
    4. Turn off any distractions
    5. Turn up audio louder
    6. Autobots, ROCK OUT!

20. - Top - End - #710

BlackDragon

I don't recall ever having a problem defeating that constructor on playthrough 1--done it several times now. TVH mode? That's a different story. Concentrating on its eye is *hard* when it's spawning adds at such a ferocious rate, and you can't really do enough damage in any one hit to interrupt it doing that the way you can in P1!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

I just discovered that the Gunzerker is horribly broken and not in a bad way.

First if you have a Tediore weapon in one hand then when you throw it the damage is based on how many bullets the weapon in your other hand has left. That means you can have a bandit weapon with 200 bullets in one hand and throw a Tediore with 0 bullets left for huge amounts of damage.

Second if you have a Torque weapon in one hand and a Torque rocket launcher in the other the bonus explosive damage you get from firing the non-rocket launcher weapon is calculated from the damage of the rocket launcher. So you can have a shotgun or a machine gun that deals hundreds of thousands of extra explosive damage per bullet.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-12-15 at 12:54 PM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

22. - Top - End - #712

Rabid stalkers in TVH are painful, especially when they're 2 levels above you, your main guns are only green, none of the rest of your gear is better than blue, and most of it is 4 or more levels out of date.

Ow, my respawn fees.

At least they're not 3 levels above me any more. Now if only Mordecai had a better target selection algorithm for his slag rifle.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    If you have to take the fight to Friendship Gulag, though, do NOT try to snipe it from long range. It has a special shield that reflects bullets, which it only drops when you get close.
    Yep, figured that one out
    Fortunately, I figured it out after only 1 shot
    (I just suck, I'm not stupid )

By the way - what's TVH?
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, figured that one out
    Fortunately, I figured it out after only 1 shot
    (I just suck, I'm not stupid )

By the way - what's TVH?
    True Vault Hunter Mode. The second playthrough.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

25. - Top - End - #715
    Orc in the Playground

So, another question I had. I've finished the Rescue Roland mission. I've been to the Bloodshoot Ramparts (twice now - re; AI Core mission), and used the fast travel there on the DAM twice now.

It still doesn't show up on the Fast Travel network - meaning I can't go back to it. (I have to trudge through the bloodshot stronghold)

Anyone else had this issue? It didn't do it with my other character, so - just a glitch? or something to do with failing the first Roland rescue mission
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

So, another question I had. I've finished the Rescue Roland mission. I've been to the Bloodshoot Ramparts (twice now - re; AI Core mission), and used the fast travel there on the DAM twice now.

It still doesn't show up on the Fast Travel network - meaning I can't go back to it. (I have to trudge through the bloodshot stronghold)

Anyone else had this issue? It didn't do it with my other character, so - just a glitch? or something to do with failing the first Roland rescue mission
    That's not a glitch, the Ramparts travel station is one way. There are a few stations like that.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

27. - Top - End - #717

There are 4 or 5 one-way fast travel stations in the game, I think. Each one is right before a major story boss fight, in an area that has very little, if any, non-story content.

I think the idea is that the boss is the only reason you'll ever go there, so there's no need to clutter up the fast travel list after you make your single visit there. Of course, the side mission you mentioned messes that up a little, and people wanting to farm those bosses for loot messes it up more, but if you ignore those it makes a fair bit of sense.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    That's not a glitch, the Ramparts travel station is one way. There are a few stations like that.
    If I remember right, you can tell it's different because the globe above the station appears yellow rather than white.

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    If I remember right, you can tell it's different because the globe above the station appears yellow rather than white.
    It also has something like a "no U-turns" symbol. Like this.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    It also has something like a "no U-turns" symbol. Like this.
    I thought the symbol above was just the "New-U" symbol.
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.