New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Oh hey look the new mode has enemies that can soak even more bullets than before. My Gaige with a bee is making decent sized dents around 200+ anarchy where each of her explosive pistol shot hits for 500k+ and the pistol shoots around 8 per volley in a rapid burst of around 4 volleys every couple of seconds but none of my other classes are even denting those health bars. My Zero got a 1.5million damage headshot on a normal small level 51 psycho and that took maybe 20-25% off the healthbar.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Here's what GB expects everyone to do:

• Play with friends
    • Use slag weapons (they changed the weapon draw speed for this reason)
    • Aim for critical hits
    • Look at the name of the mode: Ultimate Vault Hunter. Not a cakewalk, here

Level scaling is out of whack by level 47, so those later levels in even TVHM can kick your butt. But UVHM? It's absolutely insane, no matter what, as all enemies scale to your level. That last tough battle you had? It's just as tough as the next battle you're going to have.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Here's what GB expects everyone to do:

• Play with friends
    • Use slag weapons (they changed the weapon draw speed for this reason)
    • Aim for critical hits
    • Look at the name of the mode: Ultimate Vault Hunter. Not a cakewalk, here

Level scaling is out of whack by level 47, so those later levels in even TVHM can kick your butt. But UVHM? It's absolutely insane, no matter what, as all enemies scale to your level. That last tough battle you had? It's just as tough as the next battle you're going to have.
    I joined a UVHM match as a level 46 commando (trying to get some bonus experience) with a group that was otherwise level 52, in the Bloodshot Stronghold.

And HOLY CRAP was it difficult for the four of us to get anywhere. Not only that, but I was not getting anywhere near the amount of experience I was hoping to. I didn't even fill half my XP bar in the hour and a half we were there. Also, I was specifically using a slag weapon because there was little else I could do besides drop my nuke-turret as often as possible.
    Last edited by Logic; 2013-04-03 at 07:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

UVHM scales to the level of the highest leveled person in the current instance, so obviously, at level 46, you're going to be steamrolled (). Even a level 54 is a problem for level 50 and 51 players.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

As for not gaining much XP, does Borderlands work like Diablo 2 did? Because in that game you only earned full XP for monsters the same level as you--you earned less for ones that were higher or lower level. It was designed that way to stop level 1 guys joining a high level game and just earning loads of levels by following a screen or two behind the guys doing the actual work!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    As for not gaining much XP, does Borderlands work like Diablo 2 did? Because in that game you only earned full XP for monsters the same level as you--you earned less for ones that were higher or lower level. It was designed that way to stop level 1 guys joining a high level game and just earning loads of levels by following a screen or two behind the guys doing the actual work!
    Actually, now in Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, the game dynamically scales enemies to the level of the highest leveled person in the match. This means that if some scummy level 61 joins your just-starting-out party of level 51s and 52s, you're all screwed! Even the 61 is going to have a hard time getting out of firefights alive.

But no, there is no XP scaling to prevent that. Enemies are just much tougher, and always at your level. You can't even go back to previous zones and hope for an easy fight; those jerks can still steamroll right over you.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone on Xbox, add me: Yakostovian

I usually play mornings PST and am trying to do some of the UVHM missions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Bah. Is it me, or the difficulty curve in Borderlands 2 spikes up even more than Borderlands 1?

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Bah. Is it me, or the difficulty curve in Borderlands 2 spikes up even more than Borderlands 1?
    It was always absurd, but now that Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode exists, it's even more apparent.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

It basically exists to penalize people that want to play alone.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    It basically exists to penalize people that want to play alone.
    Actually, it exists to challenge people who feel True Vault Hunter Mode wasn't hard enough. It's "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode", not "Slightly-Less-Than-Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode". The fact that you expect it to be easy is why you're complaining about it. It's supposed to be incredibly difficult!

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

So how many people have tried Krieg yet? I got the old pyscho started. So far the only thoughts I have I wish his power lasted longer.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wagadodo View Post
    So how many people have tried Krieg yet? I got the old pyscho started. So far the only thoughts I have I wish his power lasted longer.
    My thoughts exactly. Fun as hell, but he needs a couple seconds more to that action skill.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

My first thoughts on Krieg are 'I will never sleep soundly again', 'Inner Krieg is best angel/devil on shoulder', and 'I CAN BE A SUPER SAIYAN!'...Not quite in that order.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Krieg is quite possibly the most disturbing character in gaming, especially considering he has schizophrenia. Combining that with Stuhlinger in Black Ops II, and I think those are the only two characters in gaming with schizophrenia that affects the player, too.

EDIT: Also, he's fun as hell to play, and his skill that enables friendly fire is as interesting as it is exciting.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2013-05-15 at 10:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Just tried Krieg, laughed my ass off when I was looking over some weapons and his other personality said, "Math. Great, hope we don't blow a blood vessel."

Also, schizophrenia and multiple personalities are completely different mental disorders with no connection to each other. Sometimes I wish I knew who first popularized the mistake of using them interchangeably so I could smack 'em in the face.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Just tried Krieg, laughed my ass off when I was looking over some weapons and his other personality said, "Math. Great, hope we don't blow a blood vessel."

Also, schizophrenia and multiple personalities are completely different mental disorders with no connection to each other. Sometimes I wish I knew who first popularized the mistake of using them interchangeably so I could smack 'em in the face.
    Schizophrenia is considered a mental condition related to auditory hallucinations, such as hearing voices. DID is what you said: mutliple personalities. Dissociative identity disorder is an "offshoot" of sorts to schizophrenia.

You can argue that this is another personality, but it's one that never takes hold; it's simply another voice that Krieg hears in his head. Clearly, at one point it was Krieg, but it isn't anymore. Just a paragon who judges and urges Krieg to do the right thing. That's schizophrenia.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

You can argue that this is another personality, but it's one that never takes hold; it's simply another voice that Krieg hears in his head. Clearly, at one point it was Krieg, but it isn't anymore. Just a paragon who judges and urges Krieg to do the right thing. That's schizophrenia.
    Actually, from what little is known of Krieg's backstory, there's a lot of hints that Inner!Krieg is in fact who Krieg used to be before Hyperion did all their experiments on him and Krieg is the personality that took hold during/after that process.

Apparently, at one point, Inner!Krieg threatens that he'll take control and commit suicide if Krieg goes after the 'innocent'. So multiple personalities seems to be his thing, not schizophrenia.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Actually, from what little is known of Krieg's backstory, there's a lot of hints that Inner!Krieg is in fact who Krieg used to be before Hyperion did all their experiments on him and Krieg is the personality that took hold during/after that process.
    You do realize I already said this, right?

Apparently, at one point, Inner!Krieg threatens that he'll take control and commit suicide if Krieg goes after the 'innocent'. So multiple personalities seems to be his thing, not schizophrenia.
    I've heard that, and it's pretty safe to assume that since he hasn't, it's probably just a case of the voice making a threat to keep Krieg in line. The two instances of DID I've seen (I've discussed going to a school for those on the autism spectrum and such before, I presume) were along the lines of a person's moods being entirely different personae, with their own preferences and such. In other words, very much like how other forms of media portray it.

This is schizophrenia. It's a voice in Krieg's head. A person with DID does not communicate with or recognize auditory hallucinations. In fact, while the two are very similar, DID and schizophrenia operate on two entirely different levels.

Quite a few of Krieg's skins and skills (namely, "Silence the Voices") are very reminiscent of schizophrenic behavior. While I won't go into lengths on one person I knew with schizophrenia, there are great lengths people will go to to stop "hearing" things.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Hadn't actually realized that he could either have a voice in his head, or another personality.

Of course, this is a mutant psycho in Borderlands, it's probably safer to assume he has both.
    =====

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, who got lucky farming for heads? This guy! I got the Terra head for Krieg! Woo! Now I've got most of the heads for all the Vault Hunters, save a few.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

So... caught this on the steam sale.
    What DLCs to get? And what is included in the Season Pass?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    So... caught this on the steam sale.
    What DLCs to get? And what is included in the Season Pass?
    What the Season Pass Includes:

• Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
    • Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
    • Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
    • Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (releases next month)
    • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase and another new game plus)

What you should buy:

The season pass and both characters. The pass is worth $45, and contains a lot of good content, despite the crummy Big Game Hunt DLC. Gaige and Krieg are very fun characters to experience.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

What the Season Pass Includes:

• Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
    • Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
    • Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
    • Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (releases next month)
    • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase and another new game plus)

What you should buy:

The season pass and both characters. The pass is worth $45, and contains a lot of good content, despite the crummy Big Game Hunt DLC. Gaige and Krieg are very fun characters to experience.
    A second female character is always good. Always play female if I have a choice.

I might buy a skin or two too, particularly the head for the Siren with the scars and the huge eye patch.

Edit: DIed a lot on NOrmal this morning, but it had to do with the exact same thing as made me have a tougher time with ME1 than ME2: Being used to ME2 / 3. And not having played a Doom-style run-and-gun since Quake 2. I kept the morning trying to get into cover (both expecting to auto-cover when touching walls, and just having a proper cover mechanic and not just a quake-style crouch mechanic. Took some getting used to).
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2013-05-19 at 02:14 PM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

My main is Salvador, so I take cover behind walls of lead.
    =====

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Krieg's modus operandi:

1. Kill enemies
    2. Take damage
    3. Release the beast
    4. Kill more enemies
    5. Repeat

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, I grabbed the Game and the Season Pass, and I want some advice on what Skill builds I should have.
    Characters so far:
    BlueBlade (Zer0, lvl 17) I considered the Sniping Tree at first, but after trying out Decepti0n, I decided to go for a Cunning/Bloodshed build instead.

Pike (Taxon, lvl 9) I was thinking Survival/Guerrilla, because why have one turret when you can have two that both shoot rockets and have double the gun?

Hit me with a steam message if you want some hapless low level minion tagging along (steam name: NintenES [GitP])
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, I'm going to need to use a spoiler box because I can't not sig this.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Banned

My first thoughts on Krieg are 'I will never sleep soundly again', 'Inner Krieg is best angel/devil on shoulder', and 'I CAN BE A SUPER SAIYAN!'...Not quite in that order.
    best mask. Krieg and Twilight Sparkle FTW.

Need to troll thread, find info. look at trees, weapons, etc.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    A second female character is always good. Always play female if I have a choice.

I might buy a skin or two too, particularly the head for the Siren with the scars and the huge eye patch.

Edit: DIed a lot on NOrmal this morning, but it had to do with the exact same thing as made me have a tougher time with ME1 than ME2: Being used to ME2 / 3. And not having played a Doom-style run-and-gun since Quake 2. I kept the morning trying to get into cover (both expecting to auto-cover when touching walls, and just having a proper cover mechanic and not just a quake-style crouch mechanic. Took some getting used to).
    Most of the DLC is best saved until you beat the game. I'd wait until then, and if you're still interested in the game buy it at that point.