New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1472

Thread: Borderlands 2

1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Borderlands 2

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    you hush with your sense and compassion!

EDIT: the site linked by Triscuitable really makes the whole "playing a siren while supporting Krieg" thing somewhat awkward and uncomfortable.
    You kidding? That's ship-fuel right there!
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: the site linked by Triscuitable really makes the whole "playing a siren while supporting Krieg" thing somewhat awkward and uncomfortable.
    This makes me love Krieg even more.

Not only is he a Khorne Berserker that somehow slipped into a standard PC adventuring party... he even more outlandishly has a legit love interest in that party.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Oooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay.....*

*: I'll be buying the Krieg pack as soon as I get home from work.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    This makes me love Krieg even more.

Not only is he a Khorne Berserker that somehow slipped into a standard PC adventuring party... he even more outlandishly has a legit love interest in that party.
    Well, Inner Krieg does. I like how the opening seems to imply the guy in the beginning is Krieg, and then Krieg shows up.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    You kidding? That's ship-fuel right there!
    That is the problem, yes.

Well, Inner Krieg does. I like how the opening seems to imply the guy in the beginning is Krieg, and then Krieg shows up.
    Yeah. Well done, really. All around.
    Kinda drives home the tragedy of the poor sucker, doesn't it?

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

That is the problem, yes.

Yeah. Well done, really. All around.
    Kinda drives home the tragedy of the poor sucker, doesn't it?
    The clear amount of influence IK is having over Krieg seems to increase between this video and the main game.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Banned

The clear amount of influence IK is having over Krieg seems to increase between this video and the main game.
    I don't know. I think part of the problem is that inner Krieg has full control and is just as crazy. He's a divorced person. He has absolutely no trouble getting things done, but Ik sure likes to think he does and OK just sort of screeches. Reminds me of xel'lotath actually.

Borderlands 2 is actually fun. I played it solo a bit with the commando fella and was actually able to enjoy myself, although I'm a bit pluses that sniper rifles are so good this early on. I kinda play identically for the first fifteen levels or so, before good loot and skill points begin to make a difference.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

"I'VE POWDERED MY COCKATIEL FOR THE RIBCAGE SLAUGHTER!!"
    "Heh, close enough."

(Off topic: Is that a Tales of Wyre quote in your sig? And how long have you had it because I just now noticed it.)
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

So, is the TF2 Pyro a Psycho that escaped from Pandora?

I mean, other than the fact that the plethora of weird TF2 guns would be appropriate for a shared universe, I feel like there's other evidence as well.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Dunno... Pyro's dialogue is a lot more comprehensible than most Psychos'.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    "I'VE POWDERED MY COCKATIEL FOR THE RIBCAGE SLAUGHTER!!"
    "Heh, close enough."

I actually really like the inflection in that line. She smiles, she gets it, and he's... Happily surprised. He's found someone who can hear him through the screeching maniacal meat dialogue. It's... Sweet, really.

(Off topic: Is that a Tales of Wyre quote in your sig? And how long have you had it because I just now noticed it.)
    Yep. I dropped it about two years ago when Sep said he was taking a long break, and picked it up recently. The line perfectly matched an ethical dilemma i was facing, so I popped Nehael's line into my signature. Then I added the whole thing for context – and a good thing, too, it seems!

EDIT: and it's been there about a week, maybe two. I'll probably cut the context and leave the marrow later on.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2013-06-02 at 03:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Did anybody else here have trouble with Hyperion Slaughter? Me (playing Mechromancer, spec'd Best Friends Forever) and my girlfriend (playing Siren, spec'd Motion) tried our hands at it, a good few levels above the quest.

And we got our butts handed to us. The first few rounds were okay, but round three and four saw a couple deaths. Round five was where we couldn't take it on anymore.

I'm using the Dahlminator to take care of the enemies for the most part, being that my shotgun does fire damage. I use my launcher for second winds (it has high damage and shoots fast, making it ideal as it can take out even badass loaders in a few clips), and I have an assault rifle that shoots grenades for when I don't want to waste pistol ammo.

Our main problems seem to be with Badass Loaders and RPG loaders. The RPG loaders literally down my character in one or two shots. I remember in the fourth part, where the four RPG loaders appear, I was in the middle of all of them. They would down me, I'd kill one to get my second win and automatically go back down.

When big enemies show up, we usually hide behind cover and I'll use deathtrap and plink them with my Dahlminator. My girlfriend will usually use her mind control, but sometimes one of us gets a little cocky and decides to get close, or the enemies come to us.

We eventually beat it and moved on to the fifth part, and after losing twice I decided to take a break. Are we doing something wrong? I know my friends have had trouble with this quest as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

I beat that one with a combination of A) hide in the corner behind cover, B) use an SMG (I think it was corrosive) boosted by The Bee shield for everything nearby, C) snipe my way across the map with great care when the nearby area is cleared, D) run back to my covered hiding spot when new spawns appear. Level 5 was still very difficult, and I had to retry a few times.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2013-06-03 at 10:57 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

14. - Top - End - #1004

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I beat that one with a combination of A) hide in the corner behind cover, B) use an SMG (I think it was corrosive) boosted by The Bee shield for everything nearby, C) snipe my way across the map with great care when the nearby area is cleared, D) run back to my covered hiding spot when new spawns appear. Level 5 was still very difficult, and I had to retry a few times.
    It kind of helps that I don't have the best gear for a level 35 character. I don't have any legendaries and my gear is a little under my level, since we're doing this after beating the game. I feel like I should do True Vault Hunter mode to get some levels and good gear first.

It also doesn't help that only one of my weapons is corrosive, and it's a pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post
    It kind of helps that I don't have the best gear for a level 35 character. I don't have any legendaries and my gear is a little under my level, since we're doing this after beating the game. I feel like I should do True Vault Hunter mode to get some levels and good gear first.

It also doesn't help that only one of my weapons is corrosive, and it's a pistol.
    Idea: Farm the Warrior. Because of the gunsplosion when it dies, you might find a few purple rarities even if you don't find orange. It also give out a lot of Eridium, so which you can use to buy ammo upgrades.

As for the Dome of Slaughter itself, try getting some Transfusion grenades, as it should help a little with survivablity.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

I was able to manage the Hyperion Slaughter solo when I was a bit overleveled, thanks to spending most of my time hiding in one of the cargo containers, and using corrosive transfusion grenades.

Yes, very heroic.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

17. - Top - End - #1007

I managed it co-op with my Soldier and my friend's gunzerker. But he's spec'd for tanking, and turrets are... well... who doesn't want two shielded automated guns that vomit rockets at a thing? God forbid I slag a target first. It just melts..

I don't kill anything. But I don't have to because I never die and my turrets kill all the things.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

So who's up for som Bunkers And Badasses, which is totally not Dungeon And Dragons for er... legal reasons.

Haven't played it yet but I watched the demo trailer as I downloaded it yesterday.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    So who's up for som Bunkers And Badasses, which is totally not Dungeon And Dragons for er... legal reasons.

Haven't played it yet but I watched the demo trailer as I downloaded it yesterday.
    Trolling? Its not out yet...?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    Trolling? Its not out yet...?
    Not trolling, trying to be funny.
    *reading* Oh I see. The "It" was for the season pass, not this DLC in particular. Must have had serious lack of caffeine or something. My bad, sorry.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, I just realized something: when the new DLC comes out, we need to be on the lookout for OotS references. I mean, they put an XKCD reference in a main game side quest, and from what I read everyone who worked on Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was itching to reference many a fantasy tabletop or video game.
    Never played a game of D&D in my life, but I still love OotS.

Army of the One Free Man.

Clarence Clemons Memorial Avatar by Dorian Soth

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by scienceguy8 View Post
    Hey, I just realized something: when the new DLC comes out, we need to be on the lookout for OotS references. I mean, they put an XKCD reference in a main game side quest, and from what I read everyone who worked on Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was itching to reference many a fantasy tabletop or video game.
    Apparently all of the original Vault Hunters are avid fans of "Game of Thrones", according tho the presenter during one demo I saw from IGN.

It looks really good. And it looks like it's the Borderlands version of "Mass Effect 3: Citadel", which is to say that Gearbox listened to everything anyone said about the game and tried to fit in as much as they could.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Apparently all of the original Vault Hunters are avid fans of "Game of Thrones", according tho the presenter during one demo I saw from IGN.

It looks really good. And it looks like it's the Borderlands version of "Mass Effect 3: Citadel", which is to say that Gearbox listened to everything anyone said about the game and tried to fit in as much as they could.
    I look forward to reviewing it, considering how much I disliked the previous DLC packs.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Banned

Looking forward to it myself, actually. And I'm not all that into Borderlands!

Random aside, I'm finding play style must be very different in single player than in multiplayer. For one, I'm capable of actually sniping enemies! I actually managed to grab a decent sniping shotgun! I mean, when I look through the scope and fire, more than three pellets land within the reticle. That's pretty boss.

Over all, a fun fun game, able to move from hectic to measured as needed. Looking forward to gearin the DLC into "hectic" mode though.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Looking forward to it myself, actually. And I'm not all that into Borderlands!

Random aside, I'm finding play style must be very different in single player than in multiplayer. For one, I'm capable of actually sniping enemies! I actually managed to grab a decent sniping shotgun! I mean, when I look through the scope and fire, more than three pellets land within the reticle. That's pretty boss.

Over all, a fun fun game, able to move from hectic to measured as needed. Looking forward to gearin the DLC into "hectic" mode though.
    You learn to shoot from the hip a lot more, and snipers are ..well, snipers. But they're also shotguns without the xY modifiers. Not an ideal strategy to run in and point blank dudes with a sniper rifle. But it can be viable in a pinch. And at least in my experience you learn to kill-steal. You don't try and get the headshot on that random psycho. You let your friend draw aggro and snipe the people shooting at him.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Are there any shields that have a similar effect to the Lillith's Firehawk shield? I forget what it's called. I'm running it now because I love the damage effect I tend not to drop anymore unless I get 1-shotted, and if they do manage to down me they've usually taken at least 1 pulse. So I can grab a shotty-second wind. But after 8 levels its shield number is starting to get a little weak.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    Are there any shields that have a similar effect to the Lillith's Firehawk shield? I forget what it's called. I'm running it now because I love the damage effect I tend not to drop anymore unless I get 1-shotted, and if they do manage to down me they've usually taken at least 1 pulse. So I can grab a shotty-second wind. But after 8 levels its shield number is starting to get a little weak.
    There's plenty of Nova shields that do one pulse when they drop, but as far as I know, the Firehawk shield is the only one that does continuous pulses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    There's plenty of Nova shields that do one pulse when they drop, but as far as I know, the Firehawk shield is the only one that does continuous pulses.
    Butts. So the only way to get another is with a friend who starts a high-level game?

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Orc in the Playground

Yup. On the plus side, now that you're ~8 levels higher, an average blue or purple shield should be rather more durable than your Flame of the Firehawk -- maybe play a little more defensively to account for the lack of nova spam, and things should work out.

Actually ... come to think of it, there's a quest-reward purple Nova shield in Overlook that should make a fine replacement for the FotF.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Namely, the Deadly Bloom, from Overlook: This is Only a Test. In Playthrough 1, it's level 18, to the FotF's 9.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Or complete the game and play through True Vault Hunter far enough to get another one. But that's a rather long process.

BTW, there's another shield in a similar vein that, while it only does one pulse when it's triggered, triggers on both shield hitting 0 AND hp hitting 0 (so by the time you go down, it's pulsed twice). And the hp trigger has no recharge requirement. You go down, it pulses. You get up (because the pulse - which happened an instant after you dropped - killed something) and go back down half a second later, it pulses again. You get dropped 20 times in 20 seconds, it pulses 20 times. Oh, and its nova is explosive. It's the Deadly Bloom, awarded by the "This is Only a Test" mission in Overlook, and also possible to get as a (very) rare drop from most loot sources.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)