New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Really? I didn't know you could do that? Can I ask how this can be done?
    When you press tab, it shows the enemy Summoners, right? Well, there's a smaller icon near there which specifically mutes that champion for you, and everyone else can talk.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Really? I didn't know you could do that? Can I ask how this can be done?
    Hold down tab, go across the person's name and click on the soundbox.

I can't find a screenshot at the moment, but I'll do it whenever I get home if you can't find it.

3. - Top - End - #1383

Hit tab, click the ignore button next to their name.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kha'zix is fun, although he feels like he really needs to get isolation damage on Q to do any real damage, since W and E feel like they don't actually do a whole lot. That ult, though. Such a great repositioning tool, and I can't count the number of times it's been able to keep a carry from focusing me long enough to survive.

And I've been tooling around with a few champion concepts for fun, because when I don't have the free tome to play LoL that's what I do. If anybody wants to tell me how bad I am at conceptual design or how I suck at balancing, the google docs folder is here.

Also, I apologize for never being on mumble, ever, but college is a lot of work and as a hard sciences major there is ALWAYS a paper or lab report to write.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Who qualifies as an "ap bruiser"?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Swain, Kennen, Vlad, sometimes Anivia, sometimes Amumu, Heimerdinger. People may say others.
    Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    It obviously depends on itemization, but in general? Cho'Gath, Swain, Ryze, Vlad (AP bruiser carries gg), Diana, Galio, Kennen, Singed, and Amumu come immediately to mind as potential AP bruisers.
    Can't believe no one's said Rumble yet.

Edit: Also, might be worth pointing out that Swain's and Kat's ults are technically three single-target spells, not one AoE spell, with all the relevant benefits regarding Rylai's, spellvamp, and Blackfire Torch. Kinda cool.
    Last edited by Psyborg; 2012-10-18 at 06:45 PM.
    delete Teemo.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    They're a strong counter to characters like Yi, Ez, and Corki.. all of which has a move that scales 1:1 with attack damage and they can use it up to 2.5 times per second. On top of that they can have a % chance to double the amount of damage EVERY time that ability ticks.
    Don't.

You're comparing apples and oranges with flagrant disregard for the fact that one is apples and the other is oranges.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Kha'zix is fun, although he feels like he really needs to get isolation damage on Q to do any real damage, since W and E feel like they don't actually do a whole lot. That ult, though. Such a great repositioning tool, and I can't count the number of times it's been able to keep a carry from focusing me long enough to survive.

And I've been tooling around with a few champion concepts for fun, because when I don't have the free tome to play LoL that's what I do. If anybody wants to tell me how bad I am at conceptual design or how I suck at balancing, the google docs folder is here.

Also, I apologize for never being on mumble, ever, but college is a lot of work and as a hard sciences major there is ALWAYS a paper or lab report to write.
    I'm going to go through and look at at least most of your champions, because talking about these things is a lot of fun.

Barnabas has a few weird things going on. His Q has a long cooldown for an autoattack reset, and also has really low damage as well as negligible scaling. It should probably either reduce cooldown per level or gain more than 10 damage - for comparison, Ezreal Q does 35-115 bonus damage. W has a weird AP ratio, it should probably either be more than .3 or be switched to an AD ratio. His ult is cool.

The thing overall about Barnabus is that he seems like a CC-tank type dude, with a lot of survivability steroids and CC but low damage (a little weird for a boxer?). In that light, I'd reduce the cooldown on Q, because right now he'd have a lot of downtime in fights while his abilities are on cooldown, and I think it's important for tanks to have abilities to spam throughout a fight (for example, Singed, Amumu, and Skarner all have spammable abilities, and Maokai and Nautilus have both shorter cooldowns than Barnabus and relevant autoattack passives).

I think the best way to change him would be to remake his E, reduce the cooldown on his Q, and let his Q handle having CC on autoattacks while his E could be replaced with a damage steroid. This moves him out of tank and into bruiser, which is relaly where a boxer should be, and also makes his abilities feel like they flow together better.

I like the idea of a champion who knocks people around small distances a lot. It would give him the feel of a really strong boxer dude, though I'm a bit worried about his power level.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Having issues with the Mumble Server, it's asking me for a password. Any help with that?

Also, if I were to start going on Mumble, any real thing I should look out for when trying to join games and such?

9. - Top - End - #1389

Not a clue for the password. could it perhaps be that you have used the same name on a different computer? I know that if I want to use the same name on multiple PCs I need to bug Mario/Djinn every time and have them unregister the name from one PC so I can use it on the other.

As far as games, if you see a group of people they are likely either playing a game or about to or want to. Pop in and ask, it's the best way.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess that's what happened then. Oh well, used another name I go by anyway :) Thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    I'm going to go through and look at at least most of your champions, because talking about these things is a lot of fun.

~Valuable feedback 'n stuff~

I like the idea of a champion who knocks people around small distances a lot. It would give him the feel of a really strong boxer dude, though I'm a bit worried about his power level.
    I value your input! I was, I admit, initially worried about the spammability of his CC, which is why his damage was sort of anemic.

Changes:
    -CD of Q now scales from 10-6 seconds and deals slightly more damage.
    -W now has an AD ratio (I think this was initially an AP ratio because I feel like all stats should be useful on all champs SOMEhow. There are champs like Riven, though.)
    -E now doesn't give a passive, instead increasing tankiness and damage for a short time when activated.
    -In light of his role shift to bruiser from tank, his innate tanky stats (HP, Armor, MR) have been reduced slightly, forcing a more defensive itemization.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Colossus in the Playground

AP Bruisers are still bruisers, and this is Treeline that we're talking about, after all. I don't really feel like Swain's base damages really compensate for his mana consumption compared to other TT mages, though.
    Meh, Swain is run as a friggin' solo top on SR; generally he can do quite fine with just one mana item and go totally overboard with Chalice if he feels so inclined. His base damage includes a multiplier and fairly solid damage over time so he should certainly be passable, though of course his strength is in sustained engagements.

He feels kinda like a poor Karma but then again, Karma is so ridiculously overpowered on TT that's not really a bad place to be at.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

I can't believe they're selling skins for wards soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I can't believe either that they're temporary, or how (either actually or damage-controlfully) the Reds on the forums have described them, or how angry people are about them.

The Angel tombstone and the Ghost did look neat to me. I hope they do release them on a permanent basis so I can use them; it's no more difficult to deal with than the latest general graphics improvement.

But oh the rage and the accusations these tiny skins cause.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I can't believe either that they're temporary, or how (either actually or damage-controlfully) the Reds on the forums have described them, or how angry people are about them.

The Angel tombstone and the Ghost did look neat to me. I hope they do release them on a permanent basis so I can use them; it's no more difficult to deal with than the latest general graphics improvement.

What's being said about them? (on either side of it)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Why? To me, this seems like a logical step in the path of a company dedicated to keeping all success-relevant assets free to use.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

17. - Top - End - #1397

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

It's more that those, combined with these limited edition Harrowing Icons, seem pretty blatantly money-grabby (to be fair they're a business). Even though the ward skin idea was to "see if people would like it", many people said ages ago "why pay RP for a temporary effect most people won't see" and it was obvious it was going to cause unrest. And the icons? To get 5 icons you need to spend $70 on Riot points between October 1 and November 13. Sure, you still get to keep the RP for other things but that's... silly. Especially that people that already have thousands of RP saved up can't use them to get the icons at all. So people are kinda upset about that.

Me? I'm just ticked that in a kneejerk they got rid of the only CDR item available to non-mana casters In it's current post-nerf state it's not gonna see much purchase. I do appreciate some of the AD Caster/other weird role items seeing use on TT, though I'd appreciate them more if they were available in other modes; AD casters already have a pain in the behind for itemization, it be cool seeing some love beyond one map.

Also Viktor's passive makes me angry when Kha'zix gets to upgrade 3 abilities for free without losing an item slot. </rant>
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Well, you need 1000 AP before you break even with the way it scales. So not really.

The nerf is pretty ridiculous, especially when you consider the only champion it's a problem on is Evelynn. Outside of that, it's a good and viable item on a lot of APs, but it's not a dominant must-have item on anyone except short-range burst casters - and they're already underpowered right now.
    It was not just an eve problem, if it was they'd nerf the range or extend the sight radius. There wasn't a single caster it wasn't good on, while hitting as hard as some ULTS. Also it worked best on short range burst casters who would pair it with Lich Bane for ludicrous gibs. While I would like manaless cdr to still be available, I'm happy to see it dive off DFG.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    There wasn't a single caster [DFG] wasn't good on,
    Lux. tenchars
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

That's some delay on a double post.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Lux. tenchars
    DFG on Lux was the tits.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

DFG on Lux was the tits.
    For, 'oh, you made it to close range. well done' moments, yeah.

I think, think Brand got buffed. Or bugged. His E seems to be jumping multiple times, or the sound effect for it triggering and hitting when using the new zombie skin is exactly the same, as opposed to very slightly different as in his other skins.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-10-18 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    When you press tab, it shows the enemy Summoners, right? Well, there's a smaller icon near there which specifically mutes that champion for you, and everyone else can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Hold down tab, go across the person's name and click on the soundbox.

I can't find a screenshot at the moment, but I'll do it whenever I get home if you can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Hit tab, click the ignore button next to their name.
    I only needed one person to answer me. Thanks though.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

I only needed one person to answer me. Thanks though.
    Hit tab, then click the

Haha, no, that'd be overdoing it.

TT rework looks awesome, though.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    TT rework looks awesome, though.
    It's pretty awesome on the PBE. The main problems so far that I see are the death timers and the altars being so strong a point in the game that controlling them seems more important than pushing turrets until super late game when the death timers are at least long enough to push a wave without being ganked again.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

Well then.

Spoiler
    Show

It started as normal support Sona, but when I accidentally stole 4 kills in the first 5 minutes (double on our level 2 riven's gank + 2 jungler of their walking into a green power chord), I decided "eh, why not."

AD Sona is so much fun. It took them twenty minutes to realize I was outdamaging out cait. They didn't kill me until I had 7 kills and 22 assists.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    It started as normal support Sona, but when I accidentally stole 4 kills in the first 5 minutes (double on our level 2 riven's gank + 2 jungler of their walking into a green power chord), I decided "eh, why not."

AD Sona is so much fun. It took them twenty minutes to realize I was outdamaging out cait. They didn't kill me until I had 7 kills and 22 assists.
    When I hear this kind of story, I like to look over at the enemy team.. and I see multiple Thornmails. Yay, they actually recognized the threat and took a countermeasure! But no Frozen Heart and no Randuin's, and nobody even beginning to build one. That makes me sad.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    For, 'oh, you made it to close range. well done' moments, yeah.
    Her range isn't that high, guys, christing god.

Oh, and as it happens I opened Froggen's stream for no particular reason and immediately saw him on Lux with nothing but DFG, boots of speed, and a health potion. I feel so vindicated right now.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-10-19 at 01:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Note to self: Max Payne-style noir narration of absolutely everything in all-chat is not acceptable Teemo play.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Note to self: Max Payne-style noir narration of absolutely everything in all-chat is not acceptable Teemo play.
    Proberly because people would rather have you focus on actualy playing the game
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar