New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

As Shiny steps back and attempts to put the Vipers to sleep, surprisingly only one falls to slumber....

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground

Even the viper that managed to fight off Shiny's spell still struggle from the effort. Natalia tries to take advantage of that.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Natalia kills the first viper with the first attack, then the second attack's directed towards the second viper.

Attack: (d20+8)[16]
    Crit Confirm: (d20+8)[20]
    Damage: (d6+1)[5] plus Sneak Attack: (2d6)[8]

Attack: (d20+10)[20]
    Crit Confirm: (d20+10)[27]
    Damage: (d4+3)[5] plus Sneak Attack: (2d6)[10]

You know, every single time I've attacked in this combat, my crit confirm roll's higher than my attack roll. Maybe I should try switching the two around, see what happens. They both hit so it doesn't matter, but I still want to try it.

It's a lot easier than fighting orcs, especially since the summoned monsters vanished. Much less blood, much less stink. She looks up at the girls, who were surrounded, and asks, "Okay?" They'll give a more honest answer than Shiny would.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-11-30 at 02:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1383

Natalia quickly and cleanly slices the vipers in half.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny follows his sleep spell with a second, exceptionally quick spell, this one aimed at the orc fighting Kurt...

Spoiler
    Show

Shiny didn't take a step straight back, he took a diagonal step, which gives him line of sight on O4.

Casting distract assailant at him, for the sake of at least making him Unsettled until my next turn (and thus a little less dangerous and easier to kill), and possibly making him flatfooted against Kurt's attack. That would also give Kurt the opportunity to attack him, then walk away without incurring an AoO.

Will save DC 16.
    Thanks to CoffeeIncluded for the avatar of Shiny, from the Eldgar campaign:

IC V Against the Current IC VI Stormy Seas.

Current Map

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

As the orc failed to hit when she moved to heal Kurt, Miriam felt that may be the tide was turning.

When she sees Natalia, Valen and Kurt cut down the orcs to pieces, help with Shiny incredible spells, she thinks that Victory might be at hand. She also knows that often, things can turn very very fast.

She gets ready to heal Kurt again when vipers appear and the Right Eye runs away. She realizes that she cannot avoid the vipers attack and there is not place safe to move.

She decides to try to cast a healing spell defensively.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[29] DC 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

She feels the help of St. Cuthbert helping her stay concentrated as she touches Kurt's wound. "St. Cuthbert, help your servant heal this mighty warrior to continue our quest for justice and order!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Drop Hold Person - Cast CMW

[roll]2d8+7[/roll
    ]
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Redo

(2d8+7)[16]

(2d8+7)[16]

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt raises his axe to attack the last orc standing, wanting as many dead before he leaves.

Spoiler
    Show

Same as last time

(1d20+9)[21] Attack
    (1d20+9)[15] Crit
    (3d6+12)[21] Damage
    (3d6+12)[21] Crit
    (3d6+12)[24] Crit

He brings it down in a crunching arc onto its head, using the huge axe and his own enlarged body to great effect.
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2012-11-30 at 03:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

9. - Top - End - #1389

Mithril swung her backpack down shifting her dagger from her pack onto her belt. "Let's get out of here. I don't want to stick around for that woman to try to kill me again." She touched her circlet, she had used the last charge during the battle.

The battle.... It had been bloody, but they were all still standing. There was no time to dwell on it now, not until they were resting in safety.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

10. - Top - End - #1390

Orcs

Though Dazed and unable to fight effectively, Kurt's massive blow does not drop the Orc.

The Cleric continues to move quickly away, disappearing down the dark Eastern entrance...

The last remaining Orc, though bloodied by Kurt simply withdraws quickly with astounding speed, nearly catching the Cleric.

Spoiler
    Show

Both Orc have withdrawn from combat. Tim for some post combat.

(d6+4)[8]

Reflex Save(d20)[2]

Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-30 at 04:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Seeing everyone around her bloody but standing helps Miriam breathes easier.

"Let's get our of here. Let's get one head as a trophy and a reminder and find the surface as soon as we can. I have two spells left in case we encounter trouble: obscuring mist if we need to buy time and sound burst if the cleric comes back."

She stops and tells Shiny "Shiny Storyteller and Bane for all Orcs, please let them know in a way that you only can that if we see or ear of any orc near linwood, we will come back and finish the job we started."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1392

As soon as the two Orcs disengage from combat, Valen simply slumps leaning heavily on his sword. Then he laughs, deep and heartily, "We have lived to witness our foes vanquished before us. Tis a good day."

He then mutters in Draconic and his eyes glow as he quickly scans the groud and the bodies. After a few seconds he picks up the Left Eye of Gruumsch's Axe, his guantlets, and a potion from his belt.

"We should not delay, we cannot stay pot for long."

Spoiler
    Show
    Takes two rounds, he is not encumbered thanks to Bulls Strength, must he currently is fatigued.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-30 at 04:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Seeing everyone around her bloody but standing helps Miriam breathes easier.

"Let's get our of here. Let's get one head as a trophy and a reminder and find the surface as soon as we can. I have two spells left in case we encounter trouble: obscuring mist if we need to buy time and sound burst if the cleric comes back."
    "Save your mist, holywoman- I can do the same and I have more to spare." Shiny's voice is once again deep and thoughtful. "But now it is time for a different spell- one to heal our brother dwarf."

He reaches out and presses his hand against Kurt. "Garl Glittergold, it is your servant, Shiny Goldnugget, born-again cleric and gemcutter. Heal this brave dwarf of his wounds."

Spoiler
    Show

Shiny is again hiding the wand up his sleeve as best he can.

Use Magic Device DC 20: (1d20+10)[23]
    If successful, amount of healing: (1d8+1)[8]

Current Map

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Miraculously, the dwarf's wounds begin to knit together in response to the gnome's touch. Shiny gives a quiet smile but doesn't let go of the dwarf.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know whether using a wand requires speaking aloud. If it does, Shiny wants to use the Rod of Silent Spell to quiet it. Basically, Shiny wants to make this second casting invisible so that if it fails, it won't be clear that he ever tried to do it, and thus won't give away the game immediately.

Use Magic Device DC 20: (1d20+10)[28]
    Healing if successful: (1d8+1)[6]

After a moment's pause, the dwarf's wounds continue their magical healing.
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-11-30 at 05:00 PM.

Current Map

15. - Top - End - #1395

"And...Don't come back!" Natalia shouts after the retreating orcs. Then she says to Mithril, "Won't kill you, just scared...Fear because no strength, not like us."

She looks at the sleeping orcs, then to Valen picking the items off the orc leader and says, "Grab and go." She helps Valen pull anything of use off the one-eyed orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Search for a 21

If she has time, Natalia takes any masterwork falchions and/or double axes off the orcs. If not, she asks one of the others to help.

She also limps over to Kurt and embraces him, then Miriam and Shiny saying, "Saved us twice. Kept blood inside. Thank you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Natalia still needs 10 HP of healing.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-11-30 at 05:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Having performed two healing spells on Kurt, Shiny walks right over to Natalia as she looks through the bodies, and reaches out his hand toward her.

Spoiler
    Show

Still hiding that wand.

Use Magic Device: (1d20+10)[20]
    CLW Healing if successful: (1d8+1)[3]

Current Map

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, Garl Glittergold, for these gifts of magic and life. Now let us finish healing this young rogue..."

Spoiler
    Show

Use Magic Device: (1d20+10)[28]
    Healing if successful: (1d8+1)[8]

Shiny finishes his streak of miracles by restoring Natalia to her full health. He finally steps back and looks at the group like nothing's unusual. "Better get moving."
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-11-30 at 05:09 PM.

Current Map

18. - Top - End - #1398

It doesn't take long for her leg to stitch shut, the bloody tear on her pants the only sign of injury. When did Shiny learn to do that?

"Thanks, Shiny...But...When a healer, not just trickster?" Yeah, best to leave the nicknames to the master.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-11-30 at 05:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam is relieved to see the last orc run away

"Sir Kurt, can you separate the head of their leader from his body?"

She approaches both Valen and touch his sweaty back slightly, and relieving him of his fatigue.

Spoiler
    Show
    She spends a cantrip on each Valen, giving him one 1 HP and stopping the fatigue
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-11-30 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    It doesn't take long for her leg to stitch shut, the bloody tear on her pants the only sign of injury. When did Shiny learn to do that?

"Thanks, Shiny...But...When a healer, not just trickster?" Yeah, best to leave the nicknames to the master.
    "Oh, I've been studying to be a cleric for a while now, I just didn't want to say anything in case it didn't work out. But we'll talk religion later. Time to move."

Current Map

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Shiny gives a serious look at Shiny. "Shiny Trickster, stop mocking the gods. The healing magic you use is their gifts."

She shakes her head like she just scolded a child.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402

"Why not...Use own gifts, in wood?" Natalia asks, noticing that Miriam hasn't used her wand yet. Never mind; that can wait for later. They've got to hurry and finish and leave.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt straightens up at the healing, looking at Shiny with startlement, then shakes his head and nods to Miriam. Going over he quickly takes the head off the orc, taking it with him and moving towards the exits. "Let's not wait for them to return..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Natalia manags to grap the two Materworked Double Axes before they need to leave.

As Miriam heal him, taking away his fatigue and dulling the pain, "My thanks, Lady of Ideals."

Valen still bleeding from the vicious Falchion wound doesn't seem to mind as he is growing ever more impatient with th slowness of their actions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Valen is only at 18 HP, and he's ok with it.

If Natalia searche more than the leader it will take her up to 10 rounds, I had her only go to the Double Axes. She has spent 5 rounds, plus two being healed.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

"Let's not, but let's also not make the mistake of running around with your guts hanging out again." Shiny steps back to Kurt, laying his hands on the dwarf once more.

Spoiler
    Show

I think a 5th round is worth the wait- he's not fully healed yet, and that almost killed him last time.

Use Magic Device: (1d20+10)[16]
    Healing: (1d8+1)[3]

Shiny glances down at his hands after the spell fails to take effect, then back at the dwarf. "Have you perhaps done anything to upset Garl Glittergold in the last 12 seconds?"
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-11-30 at 06:17 PM.

Current Map

26. - Top - End - #1406

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Natalia manags to grap the two Materworked Double Axes before they need to leave.

As Miriam heal him, taking away his fatigue and dulling the pain, "My thanks, Lady of Ideals."

Valen still bleeding from the vicious Falchion wound doesn't seem to mind as he is growing ever more impatient with th slowness of their actions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Valen is only at 18 HP, and he's ok with it.

If Natalia searche more than the leader it will take her up to 10 rounds, I had her only go to the Double Axes. She has spent 5 rounds, plus two being healed.
    These axes are a lot heavier than Natalia thought, and their bulkiness doesn't help. She can't even carry one and remain at full speed, much less two.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just saw that the axes weigh 15 pounds each, and Natalia's encumbered at 8.5 pounds more. Also, she only took the time to search the leader with Valen to speed that whole thing up. She just pulled the axes off the other orcs; there was only one search check. I'll carry anything that weighs 8 pounds or less to help out.

What did she take off the leader that Valen didn't?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-11-30 at 06:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407

Natalia found a small bar of "shinies", a collection of things and trophies the Orc found valuable. Among other things were bits of metal, both precious and not, a few gems, some gold, some platinum.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Value: 250gp)

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt takes them both, shoving them and the head into his pack. "I'll need a new one when we get back..." Grunting in disgust as the inside is stained with orc-blood.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1409

Before they leave, Miram stops and spends some of the extra time curing some of Valens wounds, much to his hidden thanks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drop Obscurring amidst for CLW
    (d8+6)[9]

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

As they're about to leave, Shiny looks over at the orcs that are still asleep from his spell. "If we let them live, we'll just have to face them again on the battlefield. Or innocent women and children will."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think there are three orcs (the ones a bit lower than us on the map) who are still asleep from the battle.

Current Map