New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Stuffy Doll Vs the Playground (V.1 ~ V.28)

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    I wouldn't mind facing the next incarnation of the stuffy doll.
    Fine.

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE PLAYGROUND! I welcome you to enter a competition that test your Pineal Gland. You see the Stuffy Doll is a sort of experiment that I want to start running where I throw a nearly invincible creature in front of you (or on another plane or wherever really) and you try your best to kill it to the best of your abilities. The fun part is that you get

Benefits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Access to 2 spell list with 20th level casting (9th level spells).
    • Unlimited WBL (This does NOT extend to followers and cohorts, you already have enough money).
    • Complete and utter control over how you approach the matter.
    • The Stuffy Doll is 100% immobile.
    • Infinite Leadership is A.O.K in this game.
    • As with all Theoretical Optimization challenges DM's fiat does NOT exist.

However there have to be some challenges of course

Challenges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The Stuffy Doll has Infinite SR and can make Any Saving Throw no matter how absurdly high.
    • In 2 rounds the creature will immediately kill you with no saves, no SR and without question.
    • After each victory, the creature is improved in some way shape and form (The location, an additional ability, a change in Creature type, etc.)
    • Diplomacy won't work against this creature.
    • Cohorts and followers are considered "victims" of the Curse if you so choose to use them.

Failed Models 1-13

I welcome you to challenge The Stuffy Doll Version 0.14-0.28

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist
    Stuffy Doll [Monolith V.18]

Size/Type: Huge Undead (Incorporeal)
    Hit Dice: 84,000,000d12 (1,000,000,000HP)
    Initiative: -5
    Speed: 0ft.
    Armor Class: 5,300 (-2 size, -5 dex, +5,297 unnamed), touch 5,300, Flat-Footed 5,300
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+8
    Attack: +0
    Full Attack: +0
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10ft.
    Special Attacks: Stuffy Doll, Purify, Karma
    Special Qualities: Hall of Origins*, Anathematic Secrecy, Spell Immunity, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration, Immune to Stuffy Doll, Immunity to Ability damage/drain, Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Bend Reality, Limited Wish and Vile Damage, Transcended Resurrection-Evolution, Archetypal Shape, Elder Evil Immunities, Planar Rend*, Emerald Tablets*, Freedom from Reality, All Fiction
    Saves: Fort: +8 Ref: +8 Will: +8 (Automatically Succeeds on a saving throw regardless of circumstance)
    Abilities: Str - , Dex 1, Con -, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
    Skills: None
    Feats: None
    Environment: Hall of Origins [50 miles from the Spire on the Outlands]
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: Hall of Origins (Magical Location)
    Alignment: Always True Neutral
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A

Transcended Resurrection-Evolution (Ex)
    This is the Stuffy Dolls most powerful and important ability. This abilities allows the Stuffy Doll to reform in the Hall of Origin once every 1,000 years, however the Stuffy Doll "learns" from it's previous errors and becomes stronger and stronger each time [Dungeon Master (Game Master) or "Challenge giver" applies a new ability to each incarnation of the Stuffy Doll]. This ability also allows it to extend its "consciousness" outward into Infinity (everything) and target a single creature with its Stuffy Doll ability. Whenever Stuffy Doll can use Stuffy Doll it can also extend it's "consciousness" towards another creature.

Stuffy Doll (Ex)
    Once per day, the Stuffy Doll can declare one target. No matter where that creature is in the Multiverse it will find the creature and kill it. If the creature manages to return to life somehow the stuffy doll will continue to kill it. Regardless of the Stuffy Dolls condition, nothing short of complete destruction will free the targeted creature from this curse. Once this curse is placed upon a creature the target has 2 rounds to response to it before it dies. The subject is automatically aware of being cursed. Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls consumed into the Stuffy Doll Monolith for the next 1,00 years as if trapped by a Soul Bind Spell.

This curse also extends to any Cohorts, followers or allies that it might have (Even Simulacrums and Ice Assassins under the victims control). This explains why many empires have seemingly vanished overnight. This curse trancends time and space making it so thar regardless of time stream the curse effects the subject regardless. This Victim is still cursed even if they manage to travel back in time.

Karma (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is a living punishment tool and as a result it has learned to share it's pain with a creature that it has cursed. When a Stuffy Doll uses it's Curse upon a creature a link is created between the Stuffy Doll and the target begin to share a soul. In essence, the creature takes any damage that the Stuffy Doll takes with an additional 20 points of damage. This bond only works for damage sent from the victim. For example: Milee is targeted by a Stuffy Doll, Milee attacks the Stuffy doll with a heightened Orb of Sound dealing 23 sonic damage (accounting for resistance). In response, Milee takes 43 damage due to Karma.

The Damage dealt by Karma is Divine damage and bypasses Regeneration.

Purify (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll hates all life, and if given the option would willingly end all life in the Multiverse, however it also has a respect for Death and creatures it kills. Magic disrupts the balance of life and death so the Stuffy Doll respectfully cleanses his victims soul allowing them to continue the grand cycle. The victim is subject to a Disjunction Spell and then in the exact same moment is subject to a Greater Dispel Magic. This ability activates each round whenever an action is possible (on both the Stuffy Dolls and the Victims turn).

Hall of Origins (Ex)
    The Temple that houses the Monolith that is known as the Stuffy Doll houses a cruel secret. The Hall and all the creatures and contents are immune to all Divinations and Clairsentience effects, spells and powers for as long as it remains in the Hall. Magic items and Artifacts that are used while in the Hall of Origin are automatically teleported to Sigil inside a random merchants treasure chest.

[Hall of Origins] Emerald Tablets (Ex)
    Inside the Temple there are tablets that list all things that are absolute truths in creation. Anything not listed in this book simply cannot harm the Stuffy Doll, for it knows that it does not exist. Simulacrums and Ice Assassins based on the Stuffy Doll always turn on their creators and kill them and once they've completed the task, they self-destruct dealing 1d10 damage/HD of the original creature to all creatures within 5ft, however if they are unable to kill the target the Ice Assassin/Simulacrum just self-destructs. The Emerald Tablets, as they are connected with the Hall of Origins, are always treated as within the Hall of Origins (and thus the specific section of the Outlands it is in).

[Hall of Origins] Planar Rend (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll creates a 10 mile radius aura around it that prevents planar travel (Including those replicated by a Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Limited Wish, and Bend Reality). Any Gates or planar travels attempts immediately leads the caster/manifester to the City of Sigil. In addition to this Supernatural effects are neutralized entirely when used against creatures within this aura.

Freedom From Reality (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is free from realities touch and as such nothing can lay there hands upon it. The Stuffy Doll is under the constant effects of a Freedom of Movement.

All Fiction (Ex)
    To the Stuffy Doll, Divinity does not exist therefore it cannot effect the Stuffy Doll... When using Stuffy Doll on creatures with a Divine Rank, the Divine Rank is temporarily suspended from use. If the Immortals handbook is in use it creates a Quintessence Elemental when using this ability, the Quintessence Elemental attacks the Ex-Deity. In addition to this, when a target is cursed by the Stuffy Doll Curse, the creature becomes incompetent forcing it to automatically fail any and all Skill checks, ability checks and caster level checks.

Anathematic Secrecy
    This malefic property shrouds an elder evil from discovery by divination spells of a divine origin. Any divine spell of the divination school automatically fails when used to ascertain information about an elder evil. Divination spells that are also arcane function normally if they are cast by a nondivine spellcaster. This ability is always active.

Regeneration (Ex)
    No form of attack deals lethal damage to the Stuffy Doll. The Stuffy Doll regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the Stuffy Doll fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature’s full normal hit points +10 (or 868 hp). The Stuffy Doll is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem’s cursed wound ability.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-01 at 07:21 PM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

You have an inconsistency in the stat block. Undead type with Con 1.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    You have an inconsistency in the stat block. Undead type with Con 1.
    Fixed it. Not quite sure how that error got into it.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Fixed it. Not quite sure how that error got into it.
    Possibly because creatures with Con 0 can't have regeneration?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    Atropal does, it can just be an exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

This isn't even a possible creature and you question the fact it has regeneration? It's a thought exercise, so I can toss at you a hundred million solars, give you all the books and see how you win. No real logic behind it, it just sort of happens

7. - Top - End - #337

HalflingPirate

If he were statting this up properly, he should give it an ability which allows it to have Regeneration despite the lack of Con score.

Edit: I have figured out a way to beat it (without using Orb of Force ), but it will take me a while to write it up.
    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2012-10-01 at 07:37 PM.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Well, that's true.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, it should probably have been converted to Fast Healing, but it was apparently overlooked in the 3.5 conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

10. - Top - End - #340
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, this requires a little bit of shenanigans, so lets see how this goes.

I am a Wizard/Archivist Dweomerkeeper, who has Truespeak and Knowledge (truespeak) as class skills.

I have spent dozens of years researching spells with truename components.

When I am cursed with Stuffy Doll, I attempt to use my custom 9th level spell to teleport the creature before me, which allows no SR no Save aslong as I make the DC Truespeak Check for the Truename component. With a CR of 8, the DC is 31 (15+2xCR), with 23 Ranks in Truespeak, and an intelligence modifier of +12 (+4 Base, +4 from levels, +5 inherent, and +3 enhancement), I pass on a 1. On seeing that it is the Stuffy doll, I cast Celerity, and cast my Custom 9th level spell which will kill it utterly aslong as I use the Truename component, with the same DC 31 Truespeak check which I can pass on a roll of 1.

After my daze is finished, I wonder how such a powerful creature was able to submit to my spell so easily. And I move on with me life.

Edit: This wasn't my original idea to combat it, but when I saw how low it's CR was, I thought it odd, and exploited it a little.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-01 at 09:08 PM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

11. - Top - End - #341

HalflingPirate

Okay, this requires a little bit of shenanigans, so lets see how this goes.

I am a Wizard/Archivist Dweomerkeeper, who has Truespeak and Knowledge (truespeak) as class skills.

I have spent dozens of years researching spells with truename components.

When I am cursed with Stuffy Doll, I attempt to use my custom 9th level spell to teleport the creature before me, which allows no SR no Save aslong as I make the DC Truespeak Check for the Truename component. With a CR of 8, the DC is 31 (15+2xCR), with 23 Ranks in Truespeak, and an intelligence modifier of +12 (+4 Base, +4 from levels, +5 inherent, and +3 enhancement), I pass on a 1. On seeing that it is the Stuffy doll, I cast Celerity, and cast my Custom 9th level spell which will kill it utterly aslong as I use the Truename component, with the same DC 31 Truespeak check which I can pass on a roll of 1.

After my daze is finished, I wonder how such a powerful creature was able to submit to my spell so easily. And I move on with me life.

Edit: This wasn't my original idea to combat it, but when I saw how low it's CR was, I thought it odd, and exploited it a little.
    Your Truespeak check fails due to All Fiction.

@Arcanist: The abilities tagged Hall of Origins -- are they only active if Stuffy is in the Hall?
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342

SamuraiGuy

Your Truespeak check fails due to All Fiction.

@Arcanist: The abilities tagged Hall of Origins -- are they only active if Stuffy is in the Hall?
    Whoops, I saw it affecting just Deities, missed that part on the end. Back to the original idea then.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Hall of Origin is active regardless of Stuffy Dolls presence or not.

All Fiction effects you regardless, it also removes your Divine Rank if applicable. Honestly, I should just reverse the order of that text to make it more straight forward.

14. - Top - End - #344

HalflingPirate

All Fiction effects you regardless, it also removes your Divine Rank if applicable. Honestly, I should just reverse the order of that text to make it more straight forward.
    What I'm asking is are those abilities specific to the location or to the creature? It sounds like you are saying they are abilities of the location.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    This is brilliant.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345

SamuraiGuy

I get it, still, gotta give me some credit for attempted to make Truenameing useful
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-01 at 09:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm asking is are those abilities specific to the location or to the creature? It sounds like you are saying they are abilities of the location.
    The Location is the special part, however it's a specific location in the Hall that grants all the benefits of the Hall (more specifically, Stuffy Doll's pedestal).

I get it, still, gotta give me some credit for attempted to make Truenameing useful
    I actually knew that someone would try something with Skill checks, so I nullified them entirely...
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-01 at 09:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Can all fiction be circumvented by planar bubbles?
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Can all fiction be circumvented by planar bubbles?
    No, it cannot. All Fiction is a side effect of the Stuffy Doll Curse.

Thinking back I made a fatal error in the stuffy doll ability
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-01 at 10:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Set up contingent pacts of return so that I can't be killed permanently ever.. Use this to convince a mage of one steps build type that one way or another I have to be permently killed by ending the doll and forcing me into a sphere of annihilation. After all having two of MY rounds to do so when I have timestop is silly. Not to mention every thousand years I come back to do this with another mage until it succeeds. As of that point the mage wants me dead and doesn't consider me its ally at any point. He now has a day to kill off the doll with the above method with no auto curse and thus skills can happen. You did say it was a curse dependent debuff and that can only happen once per day.

As for timespan issues make the mages undead or long lived families if necessary.
    Last edited by ryu; 2012-10-01 at 10:24 PM.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Set up contingent pacts of return so that I can't be killed permanently ever.. Use this to convince a mage of one steps build type that one way or another I have to be permently killed by ending the doll and forcing me into a sphere of annihilation. After all having two of MY rounds to do so when I have timestop is silly. Not to mention every thousand years I come back to do this with another mage until it succeeds. As of that point the mage wants me dead and doesn't consider me its ally at any point. He now has a day to kill off the doll with the above method with no auto curse and thus skills can happen. You did say it was a curse dependent debuff and that can only happen once per day.

As for timespan issues make the mages undead or long lived families if necessary.
    ... Can someone translate this for me? I'm having trouble making heads or tails of this thing... Stat your actions out round by round if you'd be so kind

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Make an entire build centered around time manipulation, contingent revilves, and mage annoying. Use this to be reborn every thousand years or so for two rounds each time. I assume your soul trap only delays revives right? As in someone could have a reviving spell contingent on the time expiring? With the above conditions met torment high level liches/servants of gods of magic/similar high tier until a few want me gone for good. Every time this succeeds I've gotten someone who isn't my ally a day to kill the doll with no curse on them.

In short annoy someone who wants me dead permanently into killing the thing so they can do it without being cursed that day.
    Last edited by ryu; 2012-10-01 at 10:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Make an entire build centered around time manipulation, contingent revivals, and mage annoying. Use this to be reborn every thousand years or so for two rounds each time. I assume your soul trap only delays revives right?
    Purify still activates regardless, removing your contingencies and buffs. Doesn't really matter either way since once your get sucked into the Stuffy Doll you can't get out and you forget why you've been there the entire time... kind of unfair to say that this late into it, but yeah... Basically you're drawing Donjon from the Deck of Many Things except even Freedom and Disjunction won't free you (and it expires in 1,000 years)... No other way to describe it then that...

As in someone could have a reviving spell contingent on the time expiring? With the above conditions met torment high level liches/servants of gods of magic/similar high tier until a few want me gone for good. Every time this succeeds I've gotten someone who isn't my ally a day to kill the doll with no curse on them.
    Alright, so you plan on tossing the baton to another guy outside of the conflict? Ewkay... How do you contact the High Level Lich and the God of Magic or whatever, in just 2 rounds?

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Get the leadership cohorts to take collective turns in time hops (As in one not in stasis at a time) writing explanatory notes that will be delivered once every rebirth by the new leadership cohorts that exist every cycle because I just became a small world organization.

Yes I'm playing silly.
    Last edited by ryu; 2012-10-01 at 11:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354

Somehow obtain a sphere of annihilation and establish control before the stuffy doll curse. Position yourself between the sphere and the Stuffy Doll. Since you have auto-failed the control check, the sphere slides towards you. Eventually with clever foot work and teleports, the sphere will hit the Stuffy Doll or The Box
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Just realized that due to All fiction, you autofail your balance check... Still waiting on Dex's plan for taking this guy down

26. - Top - End - #356
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Step 1: Obtain Time Regression at-will as a PLA.
    Step 2: Manifest Time Regression.
    Step 3: Has the animatorDM died of a heart attack old age? If yes, Victory! If not, GOTO 2.

I call it the Python Solution. Because it's written like a computer program, of course.

27. - Top - End - #357

Just realized that due to All fiction, you autofail your balance check... Still waiting on Dex's plan for taking this guy down
    ??? then just use teleports... no possibility of balance checks...
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Does All Fiction effectively blind and deafen us, because we autofail our spot and listen checks?
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Does All Fiction effectively blind and deafen us, because we autofail our spot and listen checks?
    ... Sure

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Step 1: Obtain Time Regression at-will as a PLA.
    Step 2: Manifest Time Regression.
    Step 3: Has the animatorDM died of a heart attack old age? If yes, Victory! If not, GOTO 2.

I call it the Python Solution. Because it's written like a computer program, of course.
    Gonna have to run that by me again traveling back in time over and over again until someone dies of old age seems... counter productive
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-03 at 12:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

... Sure

Gonna have to run that by me again traveling back in time over and over again until someone dies of old age seems... counter productive
    I suspect that the idea being that there's an actual human DM there, in addition to the stuffy doll. Once the actual DM has died of old age (or anything else, for that matter), the stuffy doll doesn't exist anymore, as the entire campaign multiverse is gone.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.