OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Omnigenesis [IC]

Talking to a Gate

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Not Walls, Doors

The Vast Gate thrums.

"I wanted to ask the solar gods why they believed this was not the place of those mortals who came here. No compulsion, divine or otherwise forced them to Arlom, only their legs and their curiosity made them walk through the doors."

Ing'dras shows images of the past, of many mortals finding the gates of Arlom, the haggard and the haughty, and all their various reactions. Some crossing inadvertently, others turning back in disbelief only to turn again and find the door gone, others simply moving away, a few crossing it after a moment of doubt, some walking boldly into the city, and a rare few rushing away only to return at a later date, ready to cross.

"They all came into the city for varied reasons, some were starting to understand Arlom and his ways, I had some interesting chats with several travelers who reached me. The adventurous were the most delightful of them all. They were certain they would find the secrets of the city, they called the city home."

Ing'dras shifts and shows three circling suns.

"Then came the suns, they took all of them back, those who wanted, those who didn't. Those who they had no claim to. I found it a great hubris, so overbearing as to deny the free will they themselves granted. Only because in some cases it led to a state of woe. But such are the ways of mortalkind, such are the paths they tread. We should only open doors and make lands and roads. Not their choices."

Ing'dras shuts down, and then blows silver sand across Acantheis' face, soon enough, Ing'dras walks out of the gate, not astride his mount.

"Arlom could relinquish the shadows, but I do not think he can truly do so, specially since they never left his halls, but were taken from them. I would dare say that they belong in this city."

You make a fair argument Ing'Dras. Acantheis says as he spits some of the sand clear of his faces. The Sun-Gods acted how they saw fit, and then saw fit to dump the taken mortals on me. I fully intend to discuss this action with them at a later date, however being able to release the mortals is the more immediate issue.

I would just as soon release the mortals, however I have some standards of behavior which I strive to adhere to that prevent me from doing so until they are whole and healthy. If the shadows are returned to their owners, I can release them and those that wish to return to Arlom will be free to do so.

Does this sound reasonable to you and your brother?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

The Vast Gate

Ing'dras looks to the floor.

"What do you say, brother? Can you bring the denizens here, so that I may open a way for them?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

The Vast Gate

The Streets Rumble and crack - steam rising from them from unknown vents, Glass shakes and shatter, Buildings crack - an earthquake, the epicenter oddly calm, the Vast Gate hardly moves. Arlom had spoken in the language of the streets: only mad men and mad gods would understand. The Vast Gate would have to translate.

My Citizens remain here by their own whim. You may lead them back to their owners, but to their own minds they are free, Slaves no more chained to their masters. They are now the fear of the dark, fear of secrets to be discovered, fear of those who talk about you, fear that there is a joke being played upon oneself. They may leave as they please - but none will seek those from whom they fled. I am their home. They are visitors no longer.

With that, it seemed like time reversed. The trees slowly righted themselves, the buildings repaired themselves, straight lines forming from rubble, glass trickling like upward bloody rain. And all around the Vast Gate dancing shadows, grotesque, somber, defiant, laughing, silent ... the light from the gate cast them yards and yards tall. Some shadows covered entire buildings, others stretched down the boulevard.

Spoiler
    Show
    No one who is not a mad man or an Eldritch Horror can hope to understand Arlom without help translating with an artifact or aforesaid eldritch horror or mad man...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

The Vast Gate

Ing'dras translates word for word, printing the words in images between his archs. His voice is not Arlom's after all.

The Vast Gate opens the way out of the city. But the denizens won't leave, that much has been stated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Vast Gate

So in other words, you're not really going to do anything to help me. I appreciate that you both finally took the time to listen to what I have to say. In the future, I'd appreciate a little more expediency. If you ever find yourself in the area, stop by Starseeker for a visit. Acantheis vanished from inside the City-God.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

An Interesting Discussion

I suppose you're right. But it is their habit to group together and change the world for their benefit. In a way, they've conquered nature and it must now try and survive them.
    To his brother he sent a telepathic reply.
    When I have power to spare, I shall give it to you.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Starseeker

Acantheis reappeared inside the Starseeker. He looked around at the shadowless mortals.

I'm not letting you go. You aren't healthy enough to leave yet. So you'll just have to wait until I have time to put together something to fix you.

The four faced god looked up at the glass cieling of Starseeker's main dome. The three suns were visible directly ahead Set a course for the three suns, Starseeker. And find some way to put the mortals to work. No free rides. An opaque dome of shifting metal covered Acantheis, and inside its privacy he got to work.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

The Starseeker

The Vahnatai refused to move, they stayed put, sitting cross legged in a circle. Iiross'Bok led them in a psychic conference, sending out a psionic beacon across the cosmos. It started as a bare whisper, something that could have easily been mistaken as the ambient sound of the Starseeker. However, it slowly increased, becoming a cacophony of white noise, burrowing into the minds of all that were within the Starseeker. They cried out for return, to be given back to where they felt at home.

Their Psionic noise became so loud that it became physical, telekinetic waves emanating off of the Vahnatai. The delicate experiments shook, ever so slightly, and Iiross'Bok showed no signs of stopping the psionic disturbance.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Vahnatai are basically throwing a psionic temper tantrum.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-10-03 at 12:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bharus stopped in his searching the human lands.

A great chill in his throat.

The Slaughter of the Frost Giants

A great snow-drift flew between the Bone lord and his latest target. When it cleared, Bharus floated there in all his frigid glory, his eyes deep as the blackest ice.

There were no words, no attempts to reason, no chances.

This was not a challenge to his people. This was not a chance to come together in defense from a conquerable foe.

This was slaughter, evil and honorless and bloody.

Bharus roared in the tongue of the gods and swung his fist.
    Last edited by Gotham; 2012-10-03 at 01:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[spoiler]
    Attack: (3d6)[10]
    Defense (4d6)[14]
    Health 30
    [spoiler]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Frost giant village, battle with Bharus

Moglin stopped in his tracks as a presence got in his way.. He felt its divinity. This was no mere mortal.. But another god. An actual challenge. The bone lord knew not why this god got between him and his prey. But it did not matter. He seemed angry, and that meant a fight.

If The Bone Lord had a mouth, he would be grinning. He didn't though, therefor he hefted his axe and dashed forward towards the god who was aiming a punch at him.. What fun.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(10d6)[41]
    Defense:(2d6)[6]
    Health: 20-4=16
    Last edited by Promise; 2012-10-06 at 07:31 AM.
    Ninjatar by me.

My art thread.. Please come help me :smallredface
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...2#post14472052

12. - Top - End - #162
    Firbolg in the Playground

The discussion

Arathor snorted. "I thought so too, at one time. But when the conflict escalated between the wilderness and the snow-people, the Frost King came before me, angry and demanding that I undo what he felt I had done. It seems every god has a different idea on what makes the world work."

The beast-lord considered this for a moment. "Do you know of other divinities that I might meet? I should like to see if the pattern continues."

The Honeycomb

Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly, a dark mist crept across the lake from the pillar at it's center. It brought with it an increase in the volume and number of maddening whispers. Then it brought a flickering sense of primal fear. Finally, dark tentacles, dripping with oily black fluids, reached out of the thick mists, slithering onto the shore near Arathur. "Beastlord..." the Voice of Gjol Maduur echoed off of the cavern walls. "I am He Who Walks in Madness, the Nemesis of Reason, the Nightmare Beneath Your Feet... I am Gjol Maduur, and these caves are my home... they are ancient beyond comparison, predating the mountains and the forest. They are shelter from the devastating light of the star-spawn... They are Life, and I am their Master..."

The beast-god growled in acknowledgement. "And I will not infringe on your territory, while you respect mine. But... you speak of the star-spawn. What have they done that demands one such as you hide from their sight?"

He felt vaguely uncomfortable just being here. Madness and fear to break the mind of a mortal found no purchase in his thoughts, but still, the constant barrage of whispers was disconcerting.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Let Me Consult My Address Book

I suppose you are right that we all have our own ideas. And as such, it is up to us to reach concord.
    As for who else I have encountered... There are my brothers. I do not know where they currently are, we all have our own projects.
    There is the city that we spoke of. I am unsure of its nature, but I feel that something powerful guides it. Within my Brother and I encountered a being known as Gjol Maduur who was consumed by his insanity. My Brother and I fought him and subdued him before a great gate that revealed itself also be divine.
    The Gate told us that the city was known as Arlom, but did not reveal his own name.

Velharan stopped and turned to face Arathor. Now they stood on a cliff overlooking the sea.
    I know you feel that you must know of the others. But I caution you. Do not go there. The Gate and the Mad One can be dealt with, but I fear that the City is a danger beyond compare.
    It did not strike my Brother and I, but its awareness, if it even has one that exists on the same level of consciousness as ours, can not be easily understood. Do not go unprepared.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Honeycomb

A voice laughed softly, yet very inhumanly. It bounced off the Pillar and resounded, echoing like a chorus of cruel laughter. A harsh voice spoke in the language of ravens.

"Kkkkk... Who is this one? Eyelord greets you by us, his million watching spies. Don't try to find us- we surround you. We see you, beast."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

Frost giant village, battle with Bharus.. An offer.
    After trading blow after bone crushing blow with his fellow god, it was obvious that Moglin had the advantage in this particular situation. Slowly it seemed to him that the other god was beginning to keel.. Yet let it not be said that Moglin was a god of murder, for he ceased his own attacks as Bharus took a momentary stop.

"You created.. These?" asked the Bone Lord, gesturing to one of the dead giants, "You want me to leave them be?" he continued, the question genuine, instead of mocking. Instead of waiting for an answer, the young god began to make his offer, "I need more power.. What I do here grants me that power. But I see it displeases you." raising his axe and pointing the top of it to Bharus, Moglin made the bulk of his demand "I will not destroy you.. Nor kill these creations of yours directly. I will move on to other foes. However, for this to come to pass, you must allow me to take one of the bodies of the smaller ones and create a smaller race. One which will serve me. And allow this race to use some of the teachings of yours." he gestures around himself then, before finishing, "And finally.. This race would be allowed to wage war on your people, without direct interference from either of us. Indirect is welcome though. What say you?"
    Last edited by Promise; 2012-10-06 at 09:17 AM.
    Ninjatar by me.

16. - Top - End - #166

Cliff over the sea

Arathor stared at the expanse of water for a time. His realm had no such large bodies of liquid, only lakes and gushing rivers, and the impressive scale of the water called to him. It might be a wilderness of its very own, he thought - untamed and rampant.

"I know of Gjol Maduur. I speak with him now, as his territory lies below mine. And I have no great interest in cities, be they mindless or thinking. This talk of a gate, though, interests me. I think I might go looking for it."

That said, the beast-lord turned and leapt off into the skies once more, running on clouds as easily as the land. He was not entirely sure how to find this gate, but if he journeyed and searched long enough, he felt confident it would turn up in time.

The Honeycomb

The hunter snorted in contempt as the chittering voice surrounded him. "And why do you hide and skulk in shadows, Eyelord? Do you fear to confront me directly?"
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Starseeker

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    The Vahnatai refused to move, they stayed put, sitting cross legged in a circle. Iiross'Bok led them in a psychic conference, sending out a psionic beacon across the cosmos. It started as a bare whisper, something that could have easily been mistaken as the ambient sound of the Starseeker. However, it slowly increased, becoming a cacophony of white noise, burrowing into the minds of all that were within the Starseeker. They cried out for return, to be given back to where they felt at home.

Their Psionic noise became so loud that it became physical, telekinetic waves emanating off of the Vahnatai. The delicate experiments shook, ever so slightly, and Iiross'Bok showed no signs of stopping the psionic disturbance.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Vahnatai are basically throwing a psionic temper tantrum.

Acantheis stepped out of his dome and slammed a hand down in the middle of the Vahmatai.

You have until the count of three to cease and decist with your tantrum or I will squash the lot of you and send you back to Arlom in a pie crust. Which I will finally be able to invent without your incessant whining. You will leave when I have cleared you for release. That is final. As a final measure to protect the peace necessary to create a holy pie crust, Acantheis wove a shimmering dome of divine power out of the Aether and placed it over top of the Vanhatai, blocking out their psychic noise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 0 AP +4 AP rollover
    Acantheis will bake you into a pie. He's a bit impatient of late.

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Terástia, Vylcent

The sound of familiar hooves approaches Vylcent as he plays with Ing'dras critters.

But there is no rider on the mount this time, only Ing'dras' strange beast walking down the road.
    Terástia, Vylcent
    Vylcent's appearance changed to that of an anthropomorphic fox, and behind him fox people started walking out of the trees and onto the road, they look unsure.
    Vylcent approaches Ing'dras's steed and places a hand on it's snout for a few moments. "Mind if I ride you for a little while?"

Spoiler
    Show

0 AP + 4 Rollover AP + 1 Pantheon AP
    2 AP Sentient Life: Foxkin, basically anthropomorphic foxes, they retain a few instincts of their wild brethren.
    Concepts: Arathur's Tactics, any other Concepts they can use.
    Will create a Society for them next post.
    3 AP
    Last edited by ChrisClark13; 2012-10-06 at 03:22 PM.
    ...if that makes sense.
    Spoiler: Note to all people I'm playing with.
    Show
    I work a 12 hour job with rotating days. So if I don't post or I'm not active during the middle of the day assume that I'll get out a post that evening if possible.
    When I don't have work I usually post a few times a day though, so don't worry!

An original way to describe originality
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus
    What originality really is is combining things that nobody thought to combine before in ways people didn't notice.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bharus stared down as the icy ichor that ran through his body poured from his body like melting snow. His black eyes were wide in pain and shock. This...Bone Lord...was unconquerable. He was...too powerful.

Justice demanded his people be avenged, saved...but he was not strong enough.

As Moglin gave his offer, Bharus stared at the dead giants...

"I accept your terms."

Bharus held out a godstuff-soaked hand, and felt, through his pain, the gazes of his creations as they saw the ends to which the Frostking had gone to protect his children.

Spoiler
    Show

0+Rollover4=4

Gain Domain: Protection (guardians)- 3ap

4-3=1AP
    Last edited by Gotham; 2012-10-06 at 05:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Terástia, Not The Man's Horse

Snout?

The creature allows Vylcent on its back, training the blacks behind its visors on the creatures the god had wrough.

The Vast Gate

Ing'dras flares silver, revisiting his past for the city to see, playing history backwards for a scant few citizens who Arlom deigned to bring to his plaza.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #171

The Honeycomb

A different voice came then.

"I do not fear you, but neither am I your enemy. Tell me, Beastlord, do you enjoy my gift to your people?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (Rollover)
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Frost giant village, an agreement with Bharus

Moglin accepted the offered handing, shaking it firmly, "All the wiser, fellow god. All the wiser."
    And with that the Bone Lord was gone, a single dwarf residing within the village along with him. All that he left was a promise not to hurt these beings himself anymore.. But was it enough to save them from extinction? Probably.

Deep within the endless forest

Home.. If Moglin could really call it that. While it still provided minor fun in the form of the beasts that Moglin could slay, it was mightily dull. It needed.. Something. It needed.. Servants. Servants serving HIM.
    He dropped the now lifeless, and mostly crushed body of the stolen dwarf to the floor, eying it carefully. He had only one.. He had to do this correctly. It shouldn't be too hard. Though caution might be needed nonetheless.

The Bone Lord lifted the body up onto an old, fallen tree and began to pulse energy into the dead dwarf. The branches of the tree slowly turned upwards, peeling away at the corpses skin and flesh, tugging off its beard, hair and clothes. After not too much time, all that lay before Moglin was a skeleton with almost no flesh remaining.

Moglin picked up the organs, arteries and various nondescript hunks of flesh, placing them carefully onto the skeleton, until it looked much the same as the broad fellow was when alive. Except.. Skinless, and much more thin.
    Once again pulsing energy into the corpse, the bone lord willed large pieces of bark to snap up and bash heavily and suddenly at the shoulders, chest, head and hips of the carcass, causing it to be much less broad than a dwarf. Less broad even, than the humans which Moglin had not yet had any interaction with. Short.. Skinny.. Yet fairly strong, would this new race be.

Finally Moglin willed the leaves of the dead trees children to come down, to cover and tightly enwrap the corpse. Squeezing and covering it so well and tightly, that they started to merge with the leaves, and became a form of green, scaly skin.

Then.. To end it all off, Moglin gave these creature a gift all his own.. His personality. The bloodthirstiness, the will to battle anything and everything, and just enough intelligence to trick others into going along with their crazy plans. This was all given to them. And so awoke.. The goblins. He used his power then to create many, many copies of this creature and sent them to various places within the forest. Some living at the edges, to go out and do battle with both the dwarves and giants, others living deep within the dank jungle, near lakes or rivers. Wherever they were, they would cause chaos and destruction, or revel in it as it was forced upon them by others.

For now, that was all the Bone Lord cared about, his followers being in fights. In the meantime, he would follow that spark of energy he had first felt when created. He knew he was not one of the original gods, that meant he himself had a creator, and he felt this was it. The Bone Lord begins to look for the nearest sign of his "father" and therefor, while he did not know it, he searched for the entrance to The Honeycomb...
    Spoiler
    Show

6 Ap start

Weekly Rollover +4

Create Sentient Life 2Ap-Goblins. A green skinned, long eared race with a penchant for fighting and violence. They don't have concepts like "chivalry" or "fairness". They simply care about beating the crap out of everything. Even if that means fighting amongst each other.

They copy the concept of Architecture from the frost giants they do battle against. Though because of where they learn this skill, all that they make for themselves is from the great forests surrounding them.

The goblins, after much careful watching of the beasts that hound them in the forest, have learn't to utilize similar tactics in their battles against said beasts, as well as against the giants and dwarves.

Create Mundane Concept 1AP-Crude weapons (axes). The goblins, some of them having seen their creators axe, had decided to make their own, albiet much more crude ones. Therefor, they have used stick, vines and sharpened stones to make their own basic weapons for war against.. What ever they are fighting at the time.

Gain Domain Weaponry (Axes) 3Ap
    Create Relix, Axe of Moglin
    Prowess of the Paragon (axes)

Last edited by Promise; 2012-10-06 at 06:23 PM.
    Ninjatar by me.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Valmyr

Staring down at Ordon, Valmyr's eyes narrowed, and he slowly, deliberately, placed his hand on the mortal's shoulder. It landed with all the finality of death, a terrible weight held only in check by the beneficence of his creator.

"My son, what has driven you to this blasphemy?"

The Forging of Dawnbringer

Valmyr stood upon the surface of the Red Sun. From his fortress of crimson fire, he watched the universe move, watched the dark and corrupt things birthed by madgods spread like termites through creation. Reality could not endure such vile corruption, and it fell to him and his brothers to make it right. But to do that, he would need a weapon.

Valmyr turned, and from the surface of the sun rose a blistering anvil, plasma and flame forced into solid form by his will. Once again, the hammer that had brought his world to life appeared in his hands, and drawing forth the pure light of the Red Sun he struck it. The blow tolled like a bell through every corner of creation, followed by another, then another. Eventually, a blade began to form, unerringly straight and fit for nothing but war. It was held by a gleaming guard and long hilt, the cross weight the blazing light of the noonday sun. Holding the first sword in his hands, Valmyr thrust it into the inky cold of the void itself, watching the heat hiss away to combat the darkness, until he held in his hands a golden sword, as shining and brilliant as he, its edge terribly sharp.

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 5

-3: Forge the first sword, Dawnbringer
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2012-10-06 at 06:40 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bharus grimaced as the Bone Lord disappeared. He drew himself up to full height, stared around at his people...

"I am sorry, my sons, my daughters. I have failed you today, but I swear I that the challenge of the Bone Lord's people will be overcome. You can do this. You are strong. I will return."

He gazed towards the triple suns and sighed. With that, a wind blew up and he was gone.

The baricenter of the Suns' Orbit.

Bharus appeared near the Suns, and he noted with interest how his beard steamed constantly in the heat and his chilly limbs whorled around wildly. He assumed his solid-legged form and stood himself on a conjured platform of ice.

Summoning a measure of his weakened, frigid power, he cast a crystal shard of his beard into the green, red and yellow suns each. It would have no power to harm the planes, but would suffice to alert the creator of each that their objects d'arte where being affected. He called through his steaming, vaporizing ice...

Creator of the Sun...If you be a being of Law or of Good, I beseech you to give me a moment of your time. The Frostking Bharus requests an audience.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Valmyr

Standing upon the surface of the Red Sun, Valmyr saw the fragment of the Bharus materialize above, heard his earnest plea even through the roar of the trifold fires. Gripping Dawnbringer firmly in his hand, he rose on fiery wings to where the frostking waited. The divinity was unfamiliar to him, yet he did not radiate the vile otherness of the Abberant Lords, and so was worthy of audience.

"Greetings Bharus, I am Valmyr, Lord of the Red Sun. What business do you have with the Lords of Light?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fire and Ice, Good and Evil, Law above All

Bharus studied the flaming, armored figure on wings of flame and with a straightened weapon in hand. The frostking dripped his godly blood, not growing weaker, but not healing at the moment.

"Lord Valmyr. I have walked the floating world, the snowy mountains and the dark endless forest. I have birthed beings of Ice and Stone. I have taught them to band together against the cold. I have shown them ways to turn the ice into a weapon. But the chaos grows. A great beast in the woods. A lord of Bone, hungry for slaughter. A race of monsters, created to wage war on the Dwarf and the Jotun."

Bharus paused, running a hand over his steaming beard.

"The answer to a cold winter or a hunting beast is simple: Walls, community, the warmth of love and the fires of civilization. An alliance of not only neccessity, but of common purpose. I am...not as strong as I believed myself to be. And when you find yourself lacking, the answers are the same. I...would ask you to open your walls to me, Lord of the Red Sun."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Valmyr

Valmyr's response did not come all at once, his first reaction being to maintain his scrutiny of the god before him. There were perhaps no divinities so alike yet so different than he and the frostking, but the earnest nature of the plea, the simple truth of a people assailed, pierced to Valmyr's core.

"Your tale is a sad one, Bharus Frostking, and you have moved me with your plea. I shall summon my brothers, so that together we might relieve the terrible shadow that threatens to consume your people."

Valmyr turned, his body shining ever brighter as he called out to the void.

"Velharan! Vylcent! Chaos threatens to consume a race both innocent and noble! Their lord has come to beg our aid, and it is only just that we answer! Let the Lords of Light rise to strike down the forces of the wicked and the murderous once again!"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Out from Ziobede
    Spoiler
    Show
    @mystic: why do you have to make your city names so hard to remember?

The ships were ready, sails of muscovite strung up on masts of ruby. Hulls of smoky quartz guarding goods made of geodes, opals diamonds and other precious stones. The crews of the three starskiffs loaded the last of their many goods onto the ships and headed off for unknown lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 4
    Create Society: 1 AP The Quartzian Exploration Leauge. A loosely formed group of guilds that manage Quartzian society. They have recently launched trading vessels to reach out to other societies in the cosmos.

Create Magical Concept: 1 AP Starskiffs. Ships made of crystals and other minerals that can sail through the void with ease. There are currently 3 in existence, each one heading to a different society that the Quartzians espied in their travels. The Sunrunner, Dawnskipper and Twilight Coming.

Final AP: 2

Sunrunner's Launch

The captain of the Sunrunner, Topez, looked out across the bow of his mighty ship. He had been tasked with reaching the human lands, the most varied and wild culture the Quartzians had encountered. But he and his crew were up to the task, each was a master Arcanist and they were ready to ride the currents of Aether across the cosmos to reach the lands of foreign gods.

Sunrunner slipped out from its moorings and set sail.

Dawnskipper's Launch

Dawnskipper followed shortly behind her sister ship, her captain Danbur was prepared for any eventuality that might come in the frozen lands of goblins and giants. A thick beard of blue-black quartz covered the lower half of his face and the rest of his crew sported similar appearances.

Twilight Coming's Launch

The last ship to leave was headed for the black caves of the unkown lands. Their's was the hardest task as they had to go where their ship could not follow. Deep into underground caves where the light of the three suns did not shine. There had been no reports of what society lay deep beneath those caverns, only that there was one. The captain of the ship, Spinelle feared his crew would not return, but that was beyond his possibility to know.

Spoiler
    Show
    So yeah, Space is an Ocean. Who would have guessed?

29. - Top - End - #179

Running through the stars

The great cry of the sun-god echoed in the void, but it was not his brothers who answered at first. Arathor, running between the stars in search of other gods, heard it carried on the celestial wind, and driven by a great curiosity turned to seek out it's source.

He slipped out of the enveloping dark like a wraith, padding on invisible ground as he circled the impromptu meeting between Bharus and Valmyr. He sniffed, and recognized the scent of blood. But it's source, that was surprising.

"Who, or what, dealt you those wounds, Frost Lord?" he growled out, voice as harsh and bestial as ever, and yet filled with an unexpected degree of concern. The Ice King was bold, and strong enough in his way, and Arathor was somewhat surprised to see such injuries upon his cousins flesh.

The Honeycomb

"What gift? And what people?" Arathor demanded. "I do not claim subjects or a people, and I know not of what you are blabbering."

The voice, angry and confrontational, drifted through the caverns. If Moglin was about, chances were the bone lord would hear it.

Spoiler
    Show
    5ap from rollover, and 3 of it immediately spent on making the Endless Forest into Arathor's sanctum. Not all of the forest, but certainly the deepest, most impenetrable regions. No creature goes there willingly, sensing that it's the territory of a great and threatening monster, and even the Goblins shy away. For now, at least.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Frost, Fur and Fire

Bharus turned his head. His brow furrowed.

"Arathor. I was wounded by a beast, like you, but one that wears the trappings of a warrior. Armor, an Axe, bones. He felled many of the Jotun, defeated me, and to secure the safety of my children in the face of a foe that they could never defeat, I sacrificed one of them to Moglin the Bone Lord."

Bharus glanced at Valmyr, then back at the great beast. His voice was hard.

Have you come to feast on the Order? Are you drawn by the scent of my essence?"