New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Jove Rising [Eclipse Phase] IC

To all

Spoiler
    Show
    Can i assume you make your way to the Armoury?

To Eli

Spoiler
    Show
    The Jovians are insular and secretive by their nature. There is plenty of speculation in the Locus Mesh about the capabilities of various jovian shipyards, predominantly the ones around Io and Ganymede. Distilling facts from the speculation is difficult however. You conclude that the rate of production on these new warships outstrips anything they have had before by ~500%. Jovian shipyards are very robust and tend to rely on welding and elbow grease before smart matter and nanotech.

This particular moon is little more than a heavy metal rich asteroid that has been captured by Jupiter's gravity, it is located at the very edge of the Jovian moon system.

In response to Sithis's question i plan on having you roleplay your Muses for the most part, i may step in if the situation calls for it.
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    "What the ****? Oh, infomorph. Wait, but how... no. Ah. " He turns to the Firewall representative. "You people are annoyingly well-informed.

He crosses his arms in a somewhat adversarial pose. "Still, it's my ****ing body. You a desleeved cracker, or one of those AGI brainjobs?"
    ''I am a child of transhumanity, a cybersystem guardian and, indeed, what you call an Artifical Intelligence.'' She replied loud enough so only Fion would hear it.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    ''I am a child of transhumanity, a cybersystem guardian and, indeed, what you call an Artifical Intelligence.'' She replied loud enough so only Fion would hear it.
    Fion broke into a broad grin. "Right answer. I've opened a port for you; welcome aboard." He shifted gears to his muse for a moment. ['Leen, ping these clowns on our nets; I want to know if any of 'em are in our business. Also, we got a visitor. Try to be nice.]

He looked up and turned a slow circle. "Ridiculous; I leave here for a few months and they change the whole Azimuth on me. Boister's is... thataway."

OOC: For everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fion's pinging y'all on g-rep. If you got some, I'd just like to know what your standing is like (associate, member, etc.) and with who.
    On creating medieval thermobaric detonations:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    *strokes chin*
    Hmmm, I like the way you think.
    On rewriting your own past into a stable time loop of invulnerability:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    Kardar233's Illithid:
    *strokes chin*
    kardar233's Tyr: So ok, it seems to me that your character evades death o_O. Congratulations *fanfare*

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Fion only
    Spoiler
    Show

Nada!
    only a few vague references that MIGHT have something to do with Ripley. Though they are all too vague to be trusted.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

5. - Top - End - #35

As you make you way to Boister's you find the streets only slightly busier than normal. As Autonomists don't use uniforms so you have no idea who is an accountant and who is a soldier.

The Armoury itself is bustling like a nanohive with people bustling back and forth pulling lethal looking things off of shelves and fabbers and passing them out to people at a series kiosks labelled Requisitions. Nearby there is a smaller kiosk with the label Special Requests has a far smaller line up.

You pause just outside of the main airlock to allow a trio of exoskeletoned octomorphs and a novacrab to exit.

6. - Top - End - #36

Fion slid seamlessly through the bustle surrounding the entrance Boister's Armoury to enter through the main doors. Like a number of the strange assortment of people in the place, he wasn't actually looking for Boister's standard affair of ridiculously powerful weaponry (his "goody bag" containing quite a large amount of Boister merchandise already) but he still kept a lookout for the proprietor's trademark Bouncer.

What he was really looking for was someone who could set him up with some Jovian military idents. He scanned the crowd, looking for familiar faces.

For GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Making Networking checks.
    Networking: Autonomists (skill 50, rep 50)(1d100)[33]
    Networking: Criminals (skill 80, rep 90)(1d100)[25]
    Assign modifiers as you see fit.
    *strokes chin*
    Kardar233's Illithid:
    *strokes chin*
    kardar233's Tyr: So ok, it seems to me that your character evades death o_O. Congratulations *fanfare*

7. - Top - End - #37

Fion recognizes a group of 4 tall, lean humanoid morphs which look just a bit too avian, with sharp cheekbones, aquiline noses and the hint of feathers mixed in with hair. They each have several golden feathers tattooed on their cheeks. They are Golden Hawks, a mercenary/pirate group based near Extropia that uses unique "Hawk" Fury morphs. Fion worked with 2 of them on a job to take down a Nine Lives group in the Belt.

You don't see Boister in the immediate vicinity, you assume he somewhere in the back with the "prime" stock.

8. - Top - End - #38

Eli

The crowd is a bit too chaotic for Eli to navigate easily. More then once, he almost got run over by people who didn't bother to look down. Nevertheless, he manages to more or less keep up with Fion and Jazz. And Ripley, though she(?) was technically in Fion's body so...

This though was interrupted by another though: Eli had no idea who this Boister was, or really anything about him. Not expecting to be heard over the crowd, he sends a ping to the others. Probably a stupid question but I'm not exactly familiar with Locus. Who exactly is this Boister?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Networking: Firewall to see what info I can find really quick about who Boister is and why Firewall is apparently trusting him. Don't really expect to make it, but worth a shot.
    (1d100)[1] vs 15
    Edit: Oh wow, that's awesome.

And I guess another research roll looking for more general information about Boister.
    (1d100)[47] vs 60

OOC: Fion
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing at all about Eli on the g-net. Seems he's kept his beak clean.
    Last edited by Sithis; 2012-11-06 at 01:57 AM.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

9. - Top - End - #39

Fion caught the eye of the birdlike privateers and moved over to them while replying to Eli. [Boister's your number one man for everything that kills, maims or otherwise brutalizes your enemies. He's way ahead on the arms curve from anyone who isn't DA or GDS, and they're working hard just to be nipping his heels. He's been working on anti-TITAN technology, and that should tell you a lot about the quality of his ****.]

Meanwhile, Fion's muse addressed the newcomer into their shared neural net. You could do with showing a bit more AGI pride, lady. This is Locus, you won't raise eyebrows unless you're Teilhard Liu's lost child, recently escaped from the TITANS in Andromeda.
    Hey! 'Leen, be nice to the passenger.
    Bite me.

By the time this exchange had finished he had made his way through the crowd to the Hawks group. Being in Locus he had felt no need to disguise his identity, and while his unexceptional @-rep wouldn't make any big pings on others' entoptics anyone licensed on the Guanxi nets would get an eyeful. He strolled up to the quartet and stood there, a picture of calm. "Hey Chollie."
    ****, does my voice really sound like that?
    Yeah. Yeah, it does. Get used to it, Fi.
    I have mentioned that it pisses me off when you call me that, right?
    Yup.
    I hate you.

The aviamorphs looked at each other momentarily. On his previous mission with their group he had made a point of calling all of them Chollie, with apparent disregard for their chosen name, or, for that matter, gender. However, last time he had been in his now-defunct ghost morph and had been speaking in an artificial monotone, so it was even stranger hearing the name from this classy fury. "Arrived on Locus to take advantage of the myriad opportunities offered by the place generally going bat****? Like your style. I'm looking to dish some **** and I'm in the market for some Ganny milspec chalks. "
    Last edited by kardar233; 2012-11-30 at 05:10 PM.
    *strokes chin*
    Kardar233's Illithid:
    *strokes chin*