New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default If everybody would wake up tomorrow as anthropomorphic animals...

Because of some kind of cosmic joke every human being will wake up tomorrow with his and her body changed into that of an anthropomorphic animals, retaining their opposable thumbs and speech. What kind of animal will you want to be and how will you cope with it? Why and how?

I think I'd be a mouse, as I have a quite timid nature, but I'm also resourceful and unyielding. Diligent, always optimistic, but also nervous and concerned.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-07-15 at 03:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: If everybody would wake up tomorrow as anthropomorphic animals...

Is it possible to make a viper anthropomorphic?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, reasoning.
    I'm a scaly, unlovable, decietful, forked-tongued individual who tends to to slink away from others and manipulate them if possible and I have an agenda (which I usually don't.) I'm quite talented at leaking "poison" into conversations, and only a few people who might be considered mildly crazy care about me.
    I like it dark and warm and stay low to the ground and horizontal if possible.
    I tend to curl up around things I have a desire to protect.

While not overdeveloped, I do use my sense of smell an awful lot.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2009-07-15 at 02:40 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Heh, that'd be a trip. Off the top of my head I'm gonna say a cat. I enjoy milk, fish and back rubs. I've also recently developed a talent for laying around, doing absolutely nothing while being free of boredom. Coping with it? I'd enjoy it, and take a nap.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

I'd be a hedgehog. Why? I'm small and cute, yet I shy, and I can easily 'poke' those who get close to me. (Metaphorically, of course.)

As for how I'd cope, I'd probably hide under the couch in a little ball of spikes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm not sure. Some kind of animal that spends part of the time alone/in family units and part of the time in a pack/herd probably, reflecting my variably intro-/extroverted nature.

I would freak the **** out, to begin with. The next thing I'd probably do would be to go in and try to get as much anti-flea stuff as I could lay my hands on if I was a mammal with fur. Then I'd probably try to take advantage of the widespread confusion to reinvent myself or go on an extended journey as society tripped and picked itself back up.

I imagine not being able to tell who anyone is anymore would play havok with things for awhile, since photo ID would be worth zilch.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-07-15 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #6
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I'd be a Cat or a Spider.

Well, it'd be cool to be a spider, but more likely for me to be a cat. Cats I'm much like - a loner, and sleeps a lot.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

I suppose I'd be some sort of dog, without the need to dryhump everything. =P I'm loyal, cuddly, energetic, happy-go-lucky and I lick things. Ok,skip the licking, but it just fit in there. And I'm a bit hairy. Macho-hairy. Maybe a husky? Does it matter? No. They have pretty eyes though. I like them.

So yeah, a dogman. Weredog!
    - "Cool with me. Let's go massacre something."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Definitely a cat.
    I laze around all day, doing the minimum amount of work possible while maintaining the fact that I'm this great thing just because I'm that great.
    Also, cats are cool.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2009-07-15 at 03:34 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Definitely a cat.
    I laze around all day, doing the minimum amount of work possible while maintaining the fact that I'm this great thing just because I'm that great.
    Also, cats are cool.
    Gah, you're an arrogant SNOB! Yeah. That's what you catpeople are.
    - "Cool with me. Let's go massacre something."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shikton View Post
    Gah, you're an arrogant SNOB! Yeah. That's what you catpeople are.
    This is why I would be a cat. Because I'm better than all of you
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

so many cats..... why... I feel frightened.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmmm.
    There is a reason my avatar was an echidna.
    Or possibly an antelope.

@Ichneumon: Not a wasp?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-07-15 at 03:42 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

*looks at avatar*

Stupid lack of thumbs and anthropomorphosity.

I'd be a koala then I guess. Spending all my time in a vague daze quite convinced I'm a sloth and that I can totally make that jump just watch me do it man watch me I'll do it I'll make it I can make it man I can make it watch watch watch woah WAGH.

Ouch.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd be a golden retriever. Simply because I like them.

@Ichneumon: I could chase them up a tree if you'd like.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm another cat. They've a great lifestyle. And the overwhelming cynicism coupled with constant demands for attention amuses me....

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    @Ichneumon: Not a wasp?
    Maybe the fact that I am a bit to solitary for most mice, but I don't feel really waspy, in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    @Ichneumon: I could chase them up a tree if you'd like.
    I'll share my... I am not sure, what do mice have that a dogs want? Anyway, my little rodent heart will be able to continue scavenging without these diabolic felines showing up. When do cats learn: WE MICE ARE NOT TOYS, WHEN YOU PLAY WITH US, THERE IS A VERY LARGE CHANCE FOR US TO GET LETHALLY INJURED.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2009-07-15 at 03:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd be a hyena, most likely. They've always struck me as the most in-tune with postmodernity.
    Former Ghosts?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'd end up a feline or canine, probably. Or possibly an eagle.

If we delve into the fantastic, then a dragon.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Bonobo for the wild sex drive. I'd probably eat a lot of fruit.
    Last edited by Faulty; 2009-07-15 at 05:35 PM.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: If everybody would wake up tomorrow as anthropomorphic animals...

I would be a goeduck. It would be so awesome to have people out there, looking for the telltale clam foot and then schlorp, I stick my anthropomorphic hand out at them.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2009-07-15 at 05:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shikton View Post
    I suppose I'd be some sort of dog, without the need to dryhump everything. =P I'm loyal, cuddly, energetic, happy-go-lucky and I lick things. Ok,skip the licking, but it just fit in there. And I'm a bit hairy. Macho-hairy. Maybe a husky? Does it matter? No. They have pretty eyes though. I like them.

So yeah, a dogman. Weredog!
    I'd be some sort of dog with the need to dryhump everything. I guess I would be a hair-less dog, since I'm not very hairy at all. Oh, and I like to lick things.

I'm more dog than you are! I would cope by... I have no idea. Determining if the physiology still worked when my girlfriend became a squirrel-person... (I think we decided that's what she would be) would be important to me for sure. I would probably eat way too much and then work it off really quickly. Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    Bonobo for the wild sex drive. I'd probably eat a lot of fruit.
    LOL! LOL!
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by two_many_tamale View Post
    I would be a goeduck. It would be so awesome to have people out there, looking for the telltale clam foot and then schlorp, I stick my anthropomorphic hand out at them.
    Anthropomorphic Giant Squid sounds like fun.

I'm in your restaurants, eating calamari.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

MonkGuy

I'd probably be a bear.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by two_many_tamale View Post
    I love goeducks. They're hilarious. Especially when they're school mascots (see the second entry)....

(My dad went to Evergreen.)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Dude, Giant Tortoise. Go through your extra-long life at a nice plodding pace. Not much in the way of enemies, little else to do but eat and reproduce. None of those high-stress mammal shenanigans. Plus, you get a shell, which is pretty badass.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be an owl-man. I've got owl-like eyebrows, I'm a nightbird, and very wise, plus I'd love to be able to fly. I'd also enjoy the great vision, something I'm not that well at is seeing things (I've got terrible eyes, though I'm not blind).

But if I were an owl-man, I'd bite anyone who asks me "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-roll pop?"
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

A raven. Aware of all the pain in the world and still able to laugh at the end of the day. They are also, the keepers of magic in native american shamanism. I would cope by flying, that in itself would be worth it.

Edit: They also represent magic in Norse mythology, as well as mysticism in may other cultures.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2009-07-15 at 06:24 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    I'd be an owl-man.
    Mr. Owl-Man, how many licks does it take to ARGHLEBLARGdead

Anywho, if all of the humans wake up part some-other-animal.. are all the other animals waking up part human?

What about double-other-animals?

Will there be Narwhal-Bears? I call them Narbars.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by axarts View Post
    What about double-other-animals?

Will there be Narwhal-Bears? I call them Narbars.
    Well, now you get the owlbears, bearhounds, and acid spitting sharks... But at least things would be interesting
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Moron View Post
    Dude, Giant Tortoise. Go through your extra-long life at a nice plodding pace. Not much in the way of enemies, little else to do but eat and reproduce. None of those high-stress mammal shenanigans. Plus, you get a shell, which is pretty badass.
    This.

Or, of course, a penguin.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)