New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Really? That's...huh. Why can't you see it, if I may ask? And yes, I read white text, too. =P
    Indeed, why?

I rather relish the thought of you studying medicine.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    IRN: What the heck is logarithmic graph paper used for?
    Something to do with stars

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

You plot things, and the resultant slope gives you information about it. I don't really know how else to word it. >.<
    But the squares... they are not equal in size! They shift, in patterns strange and indecipherable to the untrained eye (i.e., mine).
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-24 at 04:58 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Indeed, why?

I rather relish the thought of you studying medicine.
    I...just dropped out of med school, actually. I found it very interesting, but...I...couldn't handle it. Am working on fixing my depression right now, but maybe one day, in the future, it'll be on the table again.

No, I was asking why the surprise at me being a metalhead. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

I...just dropped out of med school, actually. I found it very interesting, but...I...couldn't handle it. Am working on fixing my depression right now, but maybe one day, in the future, it'll be on the table again.

No, I was asking why the surprise at me being a metalhead. =P
    Oh, I see. I'm sorry if I touched on a sore point. I understand med school is a great bitter pill for even the most sound-minded. My cousin burnt out pretty badly halfway through and had to take a term off and go to therapy and stuff.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, I see. I'm sorry if I touched on a sore point. I understand med school is a great bitter pill for even the most sound-minded. My cousin burnt out pretty badly halfway through and had to take a term off and go to therapy and stuff.
    It's not really a sore point. I mean, I'm disappointed in myself for not making it through, but...I sorta had to come to terms with it a while back, so it doesn't really...hurt, now. These days, it's mostly...problems with my family that are getting me down. *hugs*

7. - Top - End - #427
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My dad got bounced out for getting a single B in one of his classes and the resulting probation and politicking meaning that his slot got given to someone else out from under him.

He got so disgusted with the school that he didn't even bother to complete the last course and paperwork for getting his master's of chemistry.

And that's why my parents just laugh at people who ask them to donate to the alumni association.

What does that mean? How does the design clash with its function?

Brutalism is an unfortunate false friend of our word brutal. It comes of the French brut, raw/rough/uncut, referring to the style's use of unclad concrete [although it looks like that building might be limestone?].

The concert hall and art gallery in my city are both brutalist, and thrive.
    It repels me. It physically challenges me to tear it down and destroy it with my bare hands and mocks me for my lack of super powers. It does not suggest of dark intrigues or hidden passions, of the mirror made of flesh we reflect ourselves in. Brutalism always made me feel it was most appropriate for shows of force and power. Edifices you never want to enter, especially bound and gagged in the middle of the night. Bastions of antiquated masculinity and unrestrained enthusiasm. Less than user-friendly banks, even. That sort of thing. Not some place where you'd go to see MacBeth or Opera or the annual performance of The Nutcracker by the local philharmonic and ballet talent.

I always wondered where the deodorant got its name from. It does smell rather raw and rough, haha.

I imagine that's in spite of the architecture rather than truly complemented by it.

There is some silver lining though. Brutal is not a perjorative when it comes to beer culture, IIRC. It's not for everyone though, as I generally do not enjoy brutal bitters.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-24 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #428
    Firbolg in the Playground

Robarts Library in Toronto is one of my favourite examples of Brutalist architecture done RIGHT.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I ADORE that building.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

9. - Top - End - #429

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Robarts Library in Toronto is one of my favourite examples of Brutalist architecture done RIGHT.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I ADORE that building.
    I want one.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Me too! O! Gwynberries! That is a gorgeous building. It's almost like brutalism with a dash of art deco. I would be happy to prance through that.

It's not really a sore point. I mean, I'm disappointed in myself for not making it through, but...I sorta had to come to terms with it a while back, so it doesn't really...hurt, now. These days, it's mostly...problems with my family that are getting me down. *hugs*
    *huuugs* Your troubles are your own, but I think you are a good human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It repels me. It physically challenges me to tear it down and destroy it with my bare hands and mocks me for my lack of super powers. It does not suggest of dark intrigues or hidden passions, of the mirror made of flesh we reflect ourselves in. Brutalism always made me feel it was most appropriate for shows of force and power. Edifices you never want to enter, especially bound and gagged in the middle of the night. Bastions of antiquated masculinity and unrestrained enthusiasm. Less than user-friendly banks, even. That sort of thing. Not some place where you'd go to see MacBeth or Opera or the annual performance of The Nutcracker by the local philharmonic and ballet talent.

I always wondered where the deodorant got its name from. It does smell rather raw and rough, haha.

I imagine that's in spite of the architecture rather than truly complemented by it.

There is some silver lining though. Brutal is not a perjorative when it comes to beer culture, IIRC. It's not for everyone though, as I generally do not enjoy brutal bitters.
    Well, I'm still not sure what exactly rubs your gills about brutalism, but I love what you have written. "Unrestrained enthusiasm." <3

I mean, you have delightfully described the sensation of your revulsion, but not really conveyed its aesthetic or intellectual cause.

The brutalist buildings in question are well-loved for their form as well as their function. They are very unique, with volumes of unrestrained enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-24 at 06:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Heh. Most people seem to think the test's pretty inaccurate anyway.

Witty. Witty.

Man. That looks like Mutant's sober typing, not my drunk typing. You even had examples of me typing drunk in the last thread. Come on now.
    Do you think it's realistic?

Dude, the whole point of mine was that your writing drunk looked like Mutant's sober. And that what your writing looked like! But then again, I do have dyslexia.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    O_o

Wow. This... might actually be enough to blow BlueMoon out of the water. At the very least, I think we've established a love triangle.

*MoonTroll shipshipship*
    <ughs> Can you imagine? I'd keep on trying to invite Mutant over and then leave the two alone for a very long time, and AT'd get pissed every time I mention my age...

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Be fair, Moon spelt 6 consecutive words right
    Yeah, I kept on accidentally glancing down and hitting the keyboard in the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    BLARGLE I DONT SPEEL THAT BAD. USUALLY.
    yues toy vod.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    *does an impression of AtlanteanTroll*

*waits for Mooncat to smooch him*
    Silly Asta, you just had to say you wanted me to kiss you!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    <ughs> Can you imagine? I'd keep on trying to invite Mutant over and then leave the two alone for a very long time, and AT'd get pissed every time I mention my age...
    You're right that wouldn't be a healthy relationship...

Unlike DiMoonite!

Some people want a real or imagined reason for their ships, I just want low-effort portmanteaus...

13. - Top - End - #433

Unlike DiMoonite!

Some people want a real or imagined reason for their ships, I just want low-effort portmanteaus...
    I knew this day would come. Seriously, I noticed that portmanteau ages ago, but hoped in vain that no one else would. And now the day most dreaded by all is upon us:
    I.
    HAVE.
    BEEN.
    SHIPPED.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

I knew this day would come. Seriously, I noticed that portmanteau ages ago, but hoped in vain that no one else would. And now the day most dreaded by all is upon us:
    I.
    HAVE.
    BEEN.
    SHIPPED.
    I saw it a while back, but hadn't found a good way to slip it into the conversation. The longer I waited the lower my standards for a 'good way' got

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

*huuugs* Your troubles are your own, but I think you are a good human being.
    *hugs*...sorry, I meant to say thank you for this, because it was a very nice thing to say, but each time I tried, I got caught up, stumbling over trying to explain what's been going on recently, and...I'm not quite sure why. But still, thank you. *nods*

16. - Top - End - #436
    Barbarian in the Playground

IRN: What the heck is logarithmic graph paper used for?
    For
    *Graphing things, on
    *Paper, with a
    *Logarithmic scale.
    (Wikipedia is your friend)
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-10-24 at 06:57 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Dude, the whole point of mine was that your writing drunk looked like Mutant's sober. And that what your writing looked like! But then again, I do have dyslexia.

... Seriously, I'm only that illegible when Im on the ipad and dont feel like rewriting hapf the post because the ipad doesnt want me to clickey that word.

yues toy vod.
    Nu i doooont. *sniffle*

Its that easy!? :smallwonk:

I.
    HAVE.
    BEEN.
    SHIPPED.
    I just didnt know how to say it. Shipping is boring anyways, you and moonie are to silly for each other. It has to be a silly person then a semiserious person.

*hugs*...sorry, I meant to say thank you for this, because it was a very nice thing to say, but each time I tried, I got caught up, stumbling over trying to explain what's been going on recently, and...I'm not quite sure why. But still, thank you. *nods*
    *hug* I feel bad now.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Is this your plan for getting me to drop BlueMoon? Set up so many plausible MoonCat ships that I can't keep track of them?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

19. - Top - End - #439

Is this your plan for getting me to drop BlueMoon? Set up so many plausible MoonCat ships that I can't keep track of them?
    Death by over saturation! The best death.

20. - Top - End - #440

Unlike DiMoonite!

I don't think we know eachother well enough...

I.
    HAVE.
    BEEN.
    SHIPPED.
    Get used to it. It happens a lot here. To me in particular, for some reason.

... Seriously, I'm only that illegible when Im on the ipad and dont feel like rewriting hapf the post because the ipad doesnt want me to clickey that word.

Nu i doooont. *sniffle*

Its that easy!? :smallwonk:

I just didnt know how to say it. Shipping is boring anyways, you and moonie are to silly for each other. It has to be a silly person then a semiserious person.
    You do look like that. Especially when you also decide to completely abandon grammar for no reason.

Let's see.

I tihnk we might work, if we knew eachother better. Anyway, how does that explain all the ships of me and LaLa?

And who is serious and who is silly in BlueMoon?

Would that work? Because if so...
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441

NecromancerGuy

Personally I favor Moonship.

Hmm, I think I may have finally figured out what gave those two the jibblies so long ago.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Moonie has a harem now?

*sniff*...Zodi, our little girl's all grown up! *wipes away a tear*

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I ADORE that building.
    That building is awesome and so is the architect.
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Moonie has a harem now?

Obey Empress Moonie!! OBEY!!!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Get used to it. It happens a lot here. To me in particular, for some reason.

You do look like that. Especially when you also decide to completely abandon grammar for no reason.

Let's see.

I tihnk we might work, if we knew eachother better. Anyway, how does that explain all the ships of me and LaLa?

And who is serious and who is silly in BlueMoon?
    Well, go get a less shippable name.

Grammar is hardly a neccisity. And also, DIS B ONTERWEBZ.

U and lala are two females. (true) Shipping must be /slash. Le dur.

Blue is.. Usually mostly serious.

Also, leaving me and AT alone in a room will just have him be drunk and me trying to bait him into politics. Or hell be lecturing me music.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

26. - Top - End - #446

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I ADORE that building.
    That building makes me want to go out and wrestle a bear, a moose, and a buffalo to death then have a full feast and banquet off of the spoils and have my beard grow three sizes as it erupts to take over my chest.

So, yes. Powerful. Vigorous.

...I'm hungry and filled with beard inadequacy now. T_T
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #447

That building makes me want to go out and wrestle a bear, a moose, and a buffalo to death then have a full feast and banquet off of the spoils and have my beard grow three sizes as it erupts to take over my chest.

So, yes. Powerful. Vigorous.

...I'm hungry and filled with beard inadequacy now. T_T
    Really? I was gonna say "climb to the top of it on stairs built from the skulls of my enemies, then rule the universe from so grand a throne."

But hey, to each his own.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

28. - Top - End - #448

Personally I favor Moonship.

Hmm, I think I may have finally figured out what gave those two the jibblies so long ago.
    Uh...

Who?

Moonie has a harem now?

I knew her before you did, and just because you are technically older does not mean I'm your and LaLa's little girl. :grr:

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Obey Empress Moonie!! OBEY!!!
    You mean you weren't already?

Well, go get a less shippable name.

Grammar is hardly a neccisity. And also, DIS B ONTERWEBZ.

U and lala are two females. (true) Shipping must be /slash. Le dur.

Blue is.. Usually mostly serious.

Also, leaving me and AT alone in a room will just have him be drunk and me trying to bait him into politics. Or hell be lecturing me music.
    Grammar is entirely necessary. Do not be foolish.

And if I get paired with AT, I will just try and turn it into an OT3 of you, me, and he, and then sneak out of it, leaving you two. Together. Alone. Together.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Together alone! That seems like an oxymoron of sorts.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Grammar is entirely necessary. Do not be foolish.

And if I get paired with AT, I will just try and turn it into an OT3 of you, me, and he, and then sneak out of it, leaving you two. Together. Alone. Together.
    it is. I was making silly joke.

I doubt much would come of this, moonie. I VALUE my life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...