New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Aaaaand now I'm in a fight with my mom.

This day just cannot get better, can it?

The...the good news is that it won't get worse, right? *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, and sends all my love*

2. - Top - End - #992

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The...the good news is that it won't get worse, right? *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, and sends all my love*
    Moms generally have pretty mean left hooks in my experience. And it can always get worse. Don't you remember your Star Wars?

*summons a bigger fish*

Also, AT speaks the truth about warm milk and cookies. I have none in my life right now and so life is cold and grim and not even skyrim.

Which is too bad because that racial cold resistance would come in handy right about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

*goes to find wood to knock*

*remembers that the desk this comp is on has wood on it and knocks*
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

So, listening to a bands older music, and then comparing it to it now, I am going "damnit I wish I was a teenage rin the 90's so I could listen to this stuff when it was new and not a dozen years old" BLARBLE NOSTALGIA, OR WAS STUFF JUST HONESTLY BETTER BACK THEN?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    So, listening to a bands older music, and then comparing it to it now, I am going "damnit I wish I was a teenage rin the 90's so I could listen to this stuff when it was new and not a dozen years old" BLARBLE NOSTALGIA, OR WAS STUFF JUST HONESTLY BETTER BACK THEN?
    Have you even listened to modern music, freak-fleece? I assure you, stuff was just honestly better back then.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Have you even listened to modern music, freak-fleece? I assure you, stuff was just honestly better back then.
    Nah. I disagree. Everyone looks back and goes "things were so much better back then." Yeah. Right. Look at the 60s you've basically got the Beatles, the Stone, and Dylan. We hold them in high regard now, and they were well liked at the time, very well liked, but too many people liking the Beatles back then was like liking Justin Bieber today in that, "Wow, they write good pop music and the teenage girls eat them up." It's not a perfect analogy, Bieber probably generates a lot more hate because of the analogy, but from what I gather talking to relatives who were in there teens at the time, it isn't too far off.

Pop music may suck these days, but I think that just speaks to the nature of the companies and Sturgeon's Law in how it applies to both people and music. If you look for it, there is good modern music to be found. You've just got to avoid all the ProTools and AutoTune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #997

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Nah. I disagree. Everyone looks back and goes "things were so much better back then." Yeah. Right. Look at the 60s you've basically got the Beatles, the Stone, and Dylan. We hold them in high regard now, and they were well liked at the time, very well liked, but too many people liking the Beatles back then was like liking Justin Bieber today in that, "Wow, they write good pop music and the teenage girls eat them up." It's not a perfect analogy, Bieber probably generates a lot more hate because of the analogy, but from what I gather talking to relatives who were in there teens at the time, it isn't too far off.

Pop music may suck these days, but I think that just speaks to the nature of the companies and Sturgeon's Law in how it applies to both people and music. If you look for it, there is good modern music to be found. You've just got to avoid all the ProTools and AutoTune.
    Yeah, but no one was saying that the Beatles were teenage girls.

In all seriousness, I know that there are plenty of good modern artists, but the genres that are more popular now (rap especially) just are not as good as older music IMO. Besides, no one will ever come up with a song better than "Sing, Sing, Sing" (Again, just my opinion. My completely accurate opinion )
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, but no one was saying that the Beatles were teenage girls.
    As I said internet. And I wouldn't put it past factory worker high school dropout types. Not to say those sort of people are bad, quite the opposite, but one of my uncles sort of ... Yeah.

In all seriousness, I know that there are plenty of good modern artists, but the genres that are more popular now (rap especially) just are not as good as older music IMO. Besides, no one will ever come up with a song better than "Sing, Sing, Sing" (Again, just my opinion. My completely accurate opinion )
    People who say rap is bad only listen to gangster rap.

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    People who say rap is bad only listen to gangster rap.
    See, this? right here? ain't so. I've been told that dozens of times, and out of a desire to put the issue to rest, I have every time listened to whatever rap those people thought I would like because I had "only listened to gangster rap or else you'd like rap." I didn't like any of them. So don't you be telling me what I do or don't like, thank you very much.

...Sorry if the above seems overly annoyed; I'm just really sick of hearing people say that.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-30 at 11:23 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

See, this? right here? ain't so. I've been told that dozens of times, and out of a desire to put the issue to rest, I have every time listened to whatever rap those people thought I would like because I had "only listened to gangster rap or else you'd like rap." I didn't like any of them. So don't you be telling me what I do or don't like, thank you very much.

...Sorry if the above seems overly annoyed; I'm just really sick of hearing people say that.
    I'd still say that it's true. Most everyone who write rap off as trash are first introduced to it through gangster rap. It's also a fair response to all rap is bad, IMO, as it has the same "I'm just going to write this off" quality to it. Anyway, I'm not going to recommend any rap, because the few rap artists I personally enjoy are ... Well, weird, to say the least. I also don't know your musical taste. But still, as stated, gangster rap is just ... Awful. You'd have to do exploring of your own to find rap you do like, but it's out there, I'm sure.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-10-30 at 11:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Ok. Someone stole all my sleep.

Give it back you blighter.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, yes. For what, I ask you? THEY GAVE IT TO THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY LAZY AND GIVING IT TO A DESERVING INDIVIDUAL IS TOO CLOSE TO THE INTENT OF THE PRIZE, THATS WHY.

*kills EU, is proclaimed Lord of Disney*
    Weeeeeeeell, it isn't quite the European Union who is in charge of the Nobel Peace Prize. Actually, Norway, which is where the Peace Prize Committee sits, isn't even a part of the EU. Oh, and while I lack strong feelings on the subject of whether it was right to give them the prize or not, I agree that it's just perfect to riddicule.

Also, you might want to hurry up with that, seeing how it right now does its best to figure out a way to eat itself from the inside.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I have heard many rap/hip hop songs. I have only ever liked one. This one.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

I admit I am not particularly fond of rap... But nor do I consider it the bane of music.

So, I have chocolate which renders every argument irrelevant.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    And you can't reheat them? They don't have microwave ovens where you live?
    They taste awful reheated as well. However, I am lucky that my physics common room has a microwave, because I don't have time to go home from uni at lunch.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

I admit I am not particularly fond of rap... But nor do I consider it the bane of music.

So, I have chocolate which renders every argument irrelevant.
    This is also pretty much my view on rap- I'll write off songs as bad individually, but it just doesn't appeal to me phonically...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

well, barring very few examples I don't like rap.. I don't know why (for it is an emotional process of 'just' not liking it) but to me other forms of music are much more attractive (like classic rock, trance, dance, britpop, and a few others)

On the nobel peace prize: the EU has done a lot to promote peace talks and oversee negociations, but to be honest I think the nobelpeace prize is rubbish anyway (just like Literature). to me the nobel prize is a prize of both recognition and encouragement for peaople in their respective field. So for science it's easy to describe: whoever has made the best discovery in their field deserves the prize so they get recognition for what they have done and get additional means to be able to further their research. that's the crux with peace: either it has been achieved, or someone has failed while trying really hard. If it has been achieved good on you, but there is no furthering on that subject. if it hasn't been achieved, sorry mate but it's not like you really achieved anything. for Literature it's like good on you, you have written something people like, which will age really quick and will have schoolkids groan over foro decades to come. Now go home and write another book.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #1009

I woke up this morning to the smell of frost, which, while lovely, may mean I need to stop sleeping with the window open.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Window... OPEN? :lololololol: Havent done that in a few months, 40* in the face is da cold. AND IT WAS LIKE< TOTALLY COLD TODAY TOOOOO. #ION
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Banned

Random inquiry for the knowledgeable playground: I remember that in a video game I once played, probably Warcraft 3 but possibly one of the Myst games, there's a soundbite where an old man with a high, creaky voice says a name that is either "Ticonderas" or something very close to that. Can anyone verify that I am not imagining this quote?

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

I think it was warcraft 3 (or it's expansion frozen throne) where tichondrius is one of the main antagonists. I think some soundbite will resemble what you're looking for.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

23. - Top - End - #1013

Window... OPEN? :lololololol: Havent done that in a few months, 40* in the face is da cold. AND IT WAS LIKE< TOTALLY COLD TODAY TOOOOO. #ION
    Yeah, I like my room being chilly while I sleep. Not only did Benjamin Franklin recommend it, (I think... don't really feel like fact-checking right now) but I like being nice and cozy-warm under my blankets while everything around me is cold. My computer is less happy about the arrangement, but... I think my comfort is rather more important.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-31 at 09:02 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #1014

Concerning rap, I know all the best rap songs.

DON'T LET IT GET TO ME, I'M JUST GONNA CREEP
    DOWN IN PUMPKIN HILL I'M GONNA FIND MY LOST PIECE
    I KNOW THAT IT'S HERE, I SENSE IT IN MY FEETS
    THE GREAT EMAROO'S POWER ALLOWS ME TO FEEL

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

If I have the window open, the cat sleeps next to me all night. Otherwise, he'll pack up and leave after an hour or so, when it gets too hot for a cat.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, I went to a "Boo at the Zoo" thing last night, dressed as the Ice King. It'll be a while before there are pictures, though.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Clearly the best genre of music is punk rock. Because punk rock.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

clearly fact and opinion are nothing like each other
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

29. - Top - End - #1019

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    clearly fact and opinion are nothing like each other
    Clearly, since Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo is a totally gramatically correct sentance, we should just call this whole thing off and start from scratch.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Concerning rap, I know all the best rap songs.

DON'T LET IT GET TO ME, I'M JUST GONNA CREEP
    DOWN IN PUMPKIN HILL I'M GONNA FIND MY LOST PIECE
    I KNOW THAT IT'S HERE, I SENSE IT IN MY FEETS
    THE GREAT EMAROO'S POWER ALLOWS ME TO FEEL
    That song is terrible.

To I'm CMYKilla here ta answer all ya prayers so import...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig