New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    guys. Finished the second season of Doctor Who. I already watched the first episode of the third season a little bit ago, and then I watched the end of the final episode and it all connected perfectly and I just fell out of my chair.

Help me. I've been given the role of a slightly mad (nervous revenge-driven breakdown) doctor (of linguistics) and I immediately incorporated a bow tie into his suit.

I'm turning into a Whovian, I really really think so.

Oh, and I just found out one of the Intellectual *******s watches Doctor Who when he mumbled a reference to it during lunch, then proceeded to blush and mumble "allons-y" under his breath when I caught what he said.

ASDDGHLjLARGHLBLARUGHLWHENDIDWHATIDONTEVENWHATRDOC TORWHOOOOOOO
    Antidisestablishmentarianism?

There's nothing wrong with bow ties. Though I personally prefer the more standard variety.
    Note to self: Watch more Doctor Who.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post

There's nothing wrong with bow ties. Though I personally prefer the more standard variety.
    Note to self: Watch more Doctor Who.
    Nah, floccinaucinihilipilification,

Yes, do.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Turning into? Think so?

If we were talking vampirism, you'd be 20 years past the point where dusting the head vampire would have done you any good if your... emotional content is any indication.

Oh, and I just found out one of the Intellectual *******s watches Doctor Who when he mumbled a reference to it during lunch, then proceeded to blush and mumble "allons-y" under his breath when I caught what he said.
    How odd. Does the rest of the antisocial brigade hate Dr. Who or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I'm a sailor, knowing how to use ropes* is one of the most important skills.

*There are no ropes on a boat.
    I'm a Sailor. Knowing how to use ropes lines is pretty important when you wind up on marlinspike duty, which so I'm told happens to everyone except corpsmen.

Fun fact: nylon line is several times stronger than natural fiber lines, but if it's stretched too far (about 40 to 65 percent of its natural length), the snapback when it breaks is powerful enough to cut a man in half!
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

Accursed wisdom tooth...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

Moonie, ALL people like a tv show. Even the Intellectuals. Yes, it was hard for me to grasp that they were people too.

I personally don't mind the Doctor. But I just don't really feel like watching more episodes. (I watched a really funy one once though. Was him and the other eviiiil bearded Time Lord doing time travel hijinxs in a castle. Then at the end there's Daleks because evil, and said evil gets Dalek breasts, and the Dr. changes into a woman with, actually, worse breasts.
    If all Dr. Who is like that, I might actually watch more.

ION: Yay. Guess what day it is??? NOT MARCH 11th!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-04 at 09:47 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Moonie, ALL people like a tv show. Even the Intellectuals. Yes, it was hard for me to grasp that they were people too.

I personally don't mind the Doctor. But I just don't really feel like watching more episodes. (I watched a really funy one once though. Was him and the other eviiiil bearded Time Lord doing time travel hijinxs in a castle. Then at the end there's Daleks because evil, and said evil gets Dalek breasts, and the Dr. changes into a woman with, actually, worse breasts.
    If all Dr. Who is like that, I might actually watch more.

ION: Yay. Guess what day it is??? NOT MARCH 11th!
    That wasn't an episode, that was a PARODY, you silly ship!
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    That wasn't an episode, that was a PARODY, you silly ship!
    Well I was channel surfing one day and saw a Dr. Who thing and went "I hears this be gooods". How am I supposed to now it was a parodoxical!
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

9. - Top - End - #1239

guys. Finished the second season of Doctor Who. I already watched the first episode of the third season a little bit ago, and then I watched the end of the final episode and it all connected perfectly and I just fell out of my chair.

Help me. I've been given the role of a slightly mad (nervous revenge-driven breakdown) doctor (of linguistics) and I immediately incorporated a bow tie into his suit.

Wow, I'm glad you're having fun though. Looks like this is another series you'll probably force me to watch

I've noticed a LOT of my friends have tons of shows that they really like to throw at me. Black Butler, Dr Who, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, in addition to not being fond of DiskWorld and MLP, I hate Adventure Time and Homestuck. I also find no real appeal in the Doctor. *runs like Hell for having unpopular opinions*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    So, in addition to not being fond of DiskWorld and MLP, I hate Adventure Time and Homestuck. I also find no real appeal in the Doctor. *runs like Hell for having unpopular opinions*
    I.. I AGREE WITH YOU ON MUCH! When did this happen?

Discworld, I never understood. MLP, its too creepy a fanbase. Adventure Time is... yeah... I dont see how that is a thing. And Homestuck, I just don't give a chance. Meh. *shruggey smiley cuz no smiley and bored and woke up and daylights yay but still sleeep*
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-04 at 11:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

floccinaucinihilipilification
    Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I.. I AGREE WITH YOU ON MUCH! When did this happen?

Discworld, I never understood. MLP, its too creepy a fanbase. Adventure Time is... yeah... I dont see how that is a thing. And Homestuck, I just don't give a chance. Meh. *shruggey smiley cuz no smiley and bored and woke up and daylights yay but still sleeep*
    You agree with me a lot of the times and on a lot of things ... You fool.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

I like Discworld and Adventure Time. I don't like My Little Pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, there's no point in lynching people for their opinions. For as long as you won't try to convert me to your ideas, I promise I won't try to cause you any harm, be it through words, underhanded code or just a concentration of negative energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Heh, the longest word in Swedish is probably best described through pseudocode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Code:
      s = ""
    loop:
      append "hjul" to s
      goto loop
    (I chose "hjul" (Swedish for "wheel") because a "hjulhjul" isn't an all too foreign concept (I imagine it as a wheel mounted on a wheel). If you run this simple piece of code for all eternity, you'll get one of the longest words in the Swedish alphabet, which basically means "wheel on a wheel on a wheel..." repeating ad nauseum.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Turning into? Think so?

If we were talking vampirism, you'd be 20 years past the point where dusting the head vampire would have done you any good if your... emotional content is any indication.

How odd. Does the rest of the antisocial brigade hate Dr. Who or something?
    What? <I'm turning into Mutant as well it seems. I have no idea what you mean. >

They're not that type of nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Wow, I'm glad you're having fun though. Looks like this is another series you'll probably force me to watch

I've noticed a LOT of my friends have tons of shows that they really like to throw at me. Black Butler, Dr Who, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls.
    HOW IS BLACK BUTLER COMING ALONG, NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT??

You misspelled it. IT'S DISCWORLD YOU ROTTEN NO GOOD SLIMY LITTLE-

Just kidding. Although I am curious why you don't like it. Which books did you read?

Nice. I actually pronounce that one better than I do floccinaucinihilipilification.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    I like Discworld and Adventure Time. I don't like My Little Pony.
    NO! NO! NO! NO! I will NOT share fandoms with you! NononononononoNO!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The one I remember reading is Monstrous Regiment, which I read when I was in Japan because my friend had been badgering me to read it and I needed something American (besides my mother's company) to keep me ... grounded if you will. I know I tried a few others, but I can't remember for the life of me which ones they were. Some of the more popular ones I believe. They weren't bad I guess, just ... Eh.

18. - Top - End - #1248

HOW IS BLACK BUTLER COMING ALONG, NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT??
    I haven't yet started watching the anime, but now that my internet usage has reset due to it being a new month, I probably shall! Now if only you could come online so I could talk about it with you~

19. - Top - End - #1249

NecromancerGuy

What? <I'm turning into Mutant as well it seems. I have no idea what you mean. >
    You need to bone up on your vampire mythoseseseseses then if you've never heard of the ones where newly turned but not yet consummated vampires can revert if you kill the headpire.

They're not that type of nerd.
    And here I had been left with the impression that there wasn't a specific type of nerddom or geekdom required to like Dr. Who, or even to not automatically regard it with bitter loathing.

So that leaves... what, are they the kind that doesn't like anything, then? Oh to be so jaded and not even out of puberty's grip.

The one I remember reading is Monstrous Regiment, which I read when I was in Japan because my friend had been badgering me to read it and I needed something American (besides my mother's company) to keep me ... grounded if you will. I know I tried a few others, but I can't remember for the life of me which ones they were. Some of the more popular ones I believe. They weren't bad I guess, just ... Eh.
    Well there's your problem. Terry Pratchett is British!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-04 at 04:19 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice. I actually pronounce that one better than I do floccinaucinihilipilification.
    "That one" being the disease, or the chemical formula?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

I always thought an interesting linguistics project would be to discover what language Ozzy Osbourne speaks.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #1252

They found a cure for that, you know - you can stop wearing that puce ribbon.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

I've spent the last 2-3 hours looking through all of Hans Rosling's TED Talks, because I'm going to see him live this upcoming Wednesday. ♫

They said he's the World's most highly sought discourser, and I'm not going to lift a finger to challenge that. I'm just so excited. :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well there's your problem. Terry Pratchett is British!
    I knew that, I swear. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Meh, there's no point in lynching people for their opinions. For as long as you won't try to convert me to your ideas, I promise I won't try to cause you any harm, be it through words, underhanded code or just a concentration of negative energy.
    That's pretty much why I hate ponies. I used to be neutral towards it with no real interest in it, but the fan base is so passive aggressive.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I've spent the last 2-3 hours looking through all of Hans Rosling's TED Talks, because I'm going to see him live this upcoming Wednesday. ♫

They said he's the World's most highly sought discourser, and I'm not going to lift a finger to challenge that. I'm just so excited. :3
    Oh man, that sounds awesome! Have fun Teddy

26. - Top - End - #1256

NecromancerGuy

That's pretty much why I hate ponies. I used to be neutral towards it with no real interest in it, but the fan base is so passive aggressive.
    Passive aggressive? We actively converted everyone in the house by forcing them to sit through a couple of episodes until they were brainwashed, errr, I mean, hooked.

Granted, I'm rather dispassionate and generally lack fire even for things I like, so I'll forget to keep up with my shows if I don't make a point of it, so I'm having to play catch up again. Kind of funny, really, so little fire left in me for what I love, ah, but what I despise with every fiber of my being...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-04 at 05:29 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1257

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I haven't yet started watching the anime, but now that my internet usage has reset due to it being a new month, I probably shall! Now if only you could come online so I could talk about it with you~
    I thought you'd already watched part of it...?

You need to bone up on your vampire mythoseseseseses then if you've never heard of the ones where newly turned but not yet consummated vampires can revert if you kill the headpire.

And here I had been left with the impression that there wasn't a specific type of nerddom or geekdom required to like Dr. Who, or even to not automatically regard it with bitter loathing.

So that leaves... what, are they the kind that doesn't like anything, then? [SIZE=
    "1"]Oh to be so jaded and not even out of puberty's grip.[/SIZE]
    I definitely knew that myth...

Weeel, they're more... know stuff and be more intelligent than the rest of the school nerds. The kind who do Mock Trial and School Trivia.

I mean, I do those too, but I do other nerdy things that make me into a different type of nerd-type.

"That one" being the disease, or the chemical formula?
    The word.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I always thought an interesting linguistics project would be to discover what language Ozzy Osbourne speaks.
    Huh?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Granted, I'm rather dispassionate and generally lack fire even for things I like, so I'll forget to keep up with my shows if I don't make a point of it, so I'm having to play catch up again. Kind of funny, really, so little fire left in me for what I love, ah, but what I despise with every fiber of my being...
    This is why I've still only seen a few episodes of Adventure Time...

I haven't ever seen MLP, bit I imagine that will only last until my gf obtains a copy she can make me watch

I have read every Discworld book though (unless there's been one since Snuff). That is something I am a fan of.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

I know of a few songs that are almost, but not quite, as annoying as the ones Pinkie Pie sings:

Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #1260

I thought you'd already watched part of it...?
    Right, I forgot that because It's been so long. I'm a doofish