New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Of course! I'd never survive without the forum! <huggles forever>
    Yay hugs forever! *hugs forever!*

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Huh?
    Well, listen to him! That's not english. I don't know what it is, but it's not english.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

well, one could argue that he speaks a very local dialect where proper pronuciation has made place for grunts, wails, profanity, moans and other indiscriminte sounds not showing any glint of pronuciation. that said, it still has English as it's linguistic parent.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

He speaks Parkin Syndrome.

With a side order of Not Giving A ****.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    well, one could argue that he speaks a very local dialect where proper pronuciation has made place for grunts, wails, profanity, moans and other indiscriminte sounds not showing any glint of pronuciation. that said, it still has English as it's linguistic parent.
    He's from Birmingham. Apparently the people of Birmingham speak some kind of linguistic isolate unrelied to any other language. Possibly a relict of a pre-Indo European Europe.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

could absolutely be. I still think it has enough of an anglo-saxon influence to be called English (or at the very least English related)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    He's from Birmingham. Apparently the people of Birmingham speak some kind of linguistic isolate unrelied to any other language. Possibly a relict of a pre-Indo European Europe.
    I really hope you weren't planning to visit anywhere near Birmingham in the near future- last thing we need is someone putting their foot in their mouth...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

Obviously he speaks American. A certain dialect, but the obvious FREEDOM and WEIRDNESS of him is pure Americinium. Which, I found out, is an actual element.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Obviously he speaks American. A certain dialect, but the obvious FREEDOM and WEIRDNESS of him is pure Americinium. Which, I found out, is an actual element.
    Nope, doesn't wash cause he is a Brit
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

Americium.
    Isn't it highly radioactive and found in spent nuclear fuel?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

**** no! I hate work!

Like, despise it beyond all reasonable extents. I just do it anway, and even then, only after as much procrastination as possible. (Like, I started my weekend's worth of homework about forty minutes ago.)

Frankly, I have no idea how I'm doing well in school at all. By certain definitions of well. I dropped to a B in History becuase my History teacher lost two assignments I did. OH, AND she lost that massive essay I spent three hours on after grading it, and I'm not even sure what I got on it.

Anyway, the Whovian Intellectual is the least *******y of them. He actually compliments me sometimes! And stuff.

<grumbles about my RL friends being as ardent shippers as y'all and immediately assuming Not-As-*******y-Intellectual-Whovian-******* and I were destined together.>
    People always assume I'm a hard worker just because I get good grades. My A-level maths teacher always used to say there was a strong correlation between homeworks completed and grades achieved, I was an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Americium.
    Isn't it highly radioactive and found in spent nuclear fuel?
    And smoke alarms

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    People always assume I'm a hard worker just because I get good grades. My A-level maths teacher always used to say there was a strong correlation between homeworks completed and grades achieved, I was an outlier.

And smoke alarms
    True fact: It is not practical to collect smoke alarms for the radioactive metals found inside.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    True fact: It is not practical to collect smoke alarms for the radioactive metals found inside.
    I may have to re-evaluate some life choices

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, yeah. Of course! I collect them so I can combine all their speakers into the loudest, most annoying sound ever! Then, with my complete control over the world's supply of earplugs, I will TAKE OVER THE TRI-STATE AREA!
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well, yeah. Of course! I collect them so I can combine all their speakers into the loudest, most annoying sound ever! Then, with my complete control over the world's supply of earplugs, I will TAKE OVER THE TRI-STATE AREA!
    Why not just build a system of speakers to do the job? After all, if a smoke alarm has been thrown out, its speaker may be damaged...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Well, listen to him! That's not english. I don't know what it is, but it's not english.
    Must've been French, because I understood him.

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Hey, my math teacher too! It's sort of gotten irritating how he spends so much time lecturing about it when I know his isn't the only way.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

The borders of your kingdom in this way, with its foundation of aggressive stridence, shall butt up against mine uncomfortably; ours is a nation of serenity whose peace your kakophony threatens to disrupt; this aggression will not stand, and my people imprecate your scheming.

In this tea-washed chamber of my thoughts, two modes of recourse arise. Either I must now make good on certain promises, made to you through a certain video you stumbled upon [which now seems to me more by the clockwork of fate than by the unseen machine of chance]; or I must take an unsubtle stand; take it to the street, as they say. Hmm. I do not feel subtle this day.

BRING HIM DOWN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-05 at 11:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1308

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The borders of your kingdom in this way, with its foundation of aggressive stridence, shall butt up against mine uncomfortably; ours is a nation of serenity whose peace your kakophony threatens to disrupt; this aggression will not stand, and my people imprecate your scheming.

In this tea-washed chamber of my thoughts, two modes of recourse arise in my mind. Either I must now make good on certain promises, made to you through a certain video you stumbled upon [which now seems to me more by the clockwork of fate than by the unseen machine of chance]; or I must take an unsubtle stand; take it to the street, as they say. Hmm. I do not feel subtle this day.

BRING HIM DOWN
    Spoiler
    Show
    What, are you planning on taking most of Minnesota? I'm just gonna grab the area where Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa border each other. This will give me large control over the American electoral primaries, but I shouldn't be treading on your toes (or talons, as the case may be) too much.

Also: MOST. ADORABLE. THREAT. EVER.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-05 at 11:24 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

What, are you planning on taking most of Minnesota? I'm just gonna grab the area where Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa border each other. This will give me large control over the American electoral primaries, but I shouldn't be treading on your toes (or talons, as the case may be) too much.

Also: MOST. ADORABLE. THREAT. EVER.
    A modest conquest: but no smoke-alarm tyrant can be satisfied with his first plunder. You shall crave again the exhileration of shrill victory which no frantic waving of your enemies' teatowels might disperse.

Alas, my people face a great barrier to being taken seriously in these matters... *sneezes and jingles a little shiny bell toy*
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-05 at 12:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, I wonder how many smoke alarms you'd need to get to build a working nuke...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1311

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how many smoke alarms you'd need to get to build a working nuke...
    Going to assume infinity plus one, since I don't think you CAN build a nuke from smoke detectors.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the average smoke alarm has .29 micrograms of the stuff Americuim (could've sworn you mentioned it). I wonder how much you need to get a chain reaction?

Critical mass of Americuim 241 (the kind they use in smoke detectors) is 66kg.
    TIME FOR DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS!!!

2.27586*(10^11), or 227,586,000,000 smoke detectors.

All credit for my work goes to Wolfram Alpha.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-05 at 12:39 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Going to assume infinity plus one, since I don't think you CAN build a nuke from smoke detectors.
    Well, I think differently.

Well, the average smoke alarm has .29 micrograms of the stuff. I wonder how much you need to get a chain reaction?

Please hold for more research/math.
    According to Wikipedia, the critical mass for 242Am is 57,6-75,6 kg, so with 0,28 µg per smoke detector, you'd only need...
    *counts in head*
    ...roughly 250'000'000 smoke detectors to build a working nuke.

Clearly, with these numbers on the table we should ban all smoke detectors ASAP, lest terrorists could use such an easily accessible household appliance for the creation of weapons of mass destructions.

EDIT:
    Ninja'd (but with credits to Wikipedia, and some concideration paid to uncertainities in what the critical mass actually is for 242Am)...

Show

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I think differently.

According to Wikipedia, the critical mass for 242Am is 57,6-75,6 kg, so with 0,28 µg per smoke detector, you'd only need...
    *counts in head*
    ...roughly 250'000'000 smoke detectors to build a working nuke.

Clearly, with these numbers on the table we should ban all smoke detectors ASAP, lest terrorists could use such an easily accessible household appliance for the creation of weapons of mass destructions.

EDIT:
    Ninja'd (but with credits to Wikipedia, and some concideration paid to uncertainities in what the critical mass actually is for 242Am)...
    Heh, we're using two different isotopes anyways.
    A few odds and ends.

25. - Top - End - #1315

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    A modest conquest: but no smoke-alarm tyrant can be satisfied with his first plunder. You shall crave again the exhileration of shrill victory which no frantic waving of your enemies' teatowels might disperse.

Alas, my people face a great barrier to being taken seriously in these matters... *sneezes and jingles a little shiny bell toy*
    How about this: I'll promise to spread my conquest mostly to the south, and you let me ride a moose every now and then. Sound like a fair deal?

SQEEEEEEE!
    *ahem*
    I mean, yeah, that's kinda cute. I guess.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

26. - Top - End - #1316

NecromancerGuy

That way you can do the work and I can go punch intellectual Whovians in the face. With a tiny tiny fist.
    Ah, that's taking me back to Dwarf Fortress... One of my friends decided to make his dwarves have litters of about 70 or so in order to get his population up on an isolation game after a freak accident hamstrung his working population.

One thing lead to another and trolls with goblinite got into his fortress only to run into the mass of infants who were tantrumming because their mother died. Tiny, tiny fists of rage...

How to win friends and influence people, Moonie. Read it. Master it. Make all bow down before your unstoppable power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

How to win friends and influence people, Moonie. Read it. Master it. Make all bow down before your unstoppable power.
    How to lose friends and alienate people always seemed like an easier subject matter to grasp.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, we're using two different isotopes anyways.
    Whoops, I totally intended to write 241Am, but must have mixed up my thoughts at the time of writing (happens to me all the time). Studying your numbers, however, I think you're off by a factor of 1000. 0,29 µg = 2,9 * 10-7 g. Multiplying that with roughly two hundred billions will give several tons of Americium, which would yield you quite a magnificient show should you ever manage to gather such an amount in the same spot.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoops, I totally intended to write 241Am, but must have mixed up my thoughts at the time of writing (happens to me all the time). Studying your numbers, however, I think you're off by a factor of 1000. 0,29 µg = 2,9 * 10-7 g. Multiplying that with roughly two hundred billions will give several tons of Americium, which would yield you quite a magnificient show should you ever manage to gather such an amount in the same spot.
    Hrm, that number did look a little big. I'll trust you on this one, because I'm a little too lazy to go back and check my math.

Eh, whatever. It's only three orders of magnitude. That couldn't possibly be important.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-05 at 02:09 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish I could math ;___;

I was so good at it as a teenager, and then I made all the wrong choices...

How about this: I'll promise to spread my conquest mostly to the south, and you let me ride a moose every now and then. Sound like a fair deal?

SQEEEEEEE!
    *ahem*
    I mean, yeah, that's kinda cute. I guess.
    This deal is, to us, but provisionally fair; although you might have bartered for polar bear rides, since your territories are possessed of their own meese. However, we should like to know if -- given that we have entered a treaty -- our prior habits of sitting on your shoulder and nibbling your ear would reduce our dignity in your eyes and thus encourage liberties upon the treaty's terms. This, too, has become a consistent difficulty for our people in such matters.