New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Godwyn smiles meekly, and gives a soft nod to Foxglove. "Thank you, Miss Foxglove. I will keep your kind offer in mind. Hopefully, though, I will be spared any further dreams of that sort." Hopefully. Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to hope.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

She nods and returns to her breakfast.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwyn... actually looks a bit uncomfortable. "...yes."

The Paladin looks down at his pancakes, and sighs. "I had a dream, or perhaps a nightmare, involving a meeting with Anacra. I do not remember much of it... which is probably for the best," he says with a small scowl.
    "...That's bad. Really really bad."

"Oh. And then after that, I had a dream about Discord," he explains, before looking back up and turning to Silent Night. "Happy Tuesday, by the way," he deadpans.
    "...That's weird...really really weird. Happy Tuesday." She responds in a relatively normal tone. "Anything about either dream you feel you should mention? If not, I have a little information to give you, though, you may not like it much better." Silent Night says to Godwyn.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn frowns at Silent Night, his expression growing very grave. "My memories are somewhat vague, as is the nature of dreams. But I remember a throne room of some sort, and Anacra speaking with me at length. We spoke of many things..." he frowns. "What is it you wish to share?"

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn frowns at Silent Night, his expression growing very grave. "My memories are somewhat vague, as is the nature of dreams. But I remember a throne room of some sort, and Anacra speaking with me at length. We spoke of many things..." he frowns. "What is it you wish to share?"
    "An old prophecy, I believe regarding you. Though, it could be any of you...probably not Gearstride. "If you fail in your destiny your true enemy falls with you, and if she falls, so do we all. You must win, but in doing so, you will lose." Not exactly pleasant, eh?" She asks the poor Paladin. Life seems to be kicking him in the keister lately.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2013-05-23 at 03:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

"...We're competing in something?"

She tilted her head. After a pause she added,

"...I don't see why that has to be true, though. I've lost lots of things and still won those things. Zero-sum games...are rarely real."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "An old prophecy, I believe regarding you. Though, it could be any of you...probably not Gearstride. "If you fail in your destiny your true enemy falls with you, and if she falls, so do we all. You must win, but in doing so, you will lose." Not exactly pleasant, eh?" She asks the poor Paladin. Life seems to be kicking him in the keister lately.
    Gearstride gave a playfully protesting look as she then swallowed her food.

"Not to sound mean, but that sounds silly, to win we must lose, though its probably not such a big loss like its vagueness makes it out to be."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn continues to frown, turning over the "prophecy" in his head. He also ponders on his dream last night, and the possible implications the two may combine to create.

The Paladin's frown deepens. "I see."

He reaches out and picks up his cup of coffee. He takes a long sip, before setting it down, closing his eyes, and let out a deep sigh. He then opens his eyes, his expression once again neutral and stoic. "It would seem I have became a pawn in whatever game Anacra is playing," he states factually. "Did either of you-" he looks back and forth between Foxglove and Gearstride, "Receive any sort of strange dream or omen yourselves? Or am I the only one who has been 'blessed' with her attention?"

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't think my dreams were any strange omen and what not," The mare replied with a playful crooked smirk.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

"All my dreams are strange....And they might all be omens, too. What's an omen and what's not...How can you know until the future's happened and is past?
    ...But nothing about the other day..."

Foxglove admitted after a few seconds of staring blankly into some middle distance, trying to recall her dreams and distinguish them from the rest of her head.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn narrows his eyes slightly at Gear's crooked smirk. "I don't think I want to know." In response to Foxglove, he just nods along in understanding, or at least attempted understanding.

"I see. Then it seems I am the only one whom she has sought out beyond the waking realm. Interesting," the Paladin muses.

He takes another sip of his coffee, a thoughtful look in his eyes. He then sets down the mug, and looks around the table. His expression is somber, and his gaze is serious. "Last night Anacra intruded upon my dreams and offered me with a choice. Or at least, the illusion of a choice," he frowns. "I am now sworn to owe her a single favor, a favor which she swore would not violate my Oath as a Paladin. Had I not agreed to the deal, she would have committed an act of murder. And I could not let that happen," he states with a small frown. "Furthermore..." his frown deepens, "I may have some idea as to what her plans may be..."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

"Really? I didn't even know she had a plan."

Foxglove thought about what he said, though, and added,

"Doesn't that mean as long as you owe her, she can't kill anyone? So that's solved.
    ...Or, she can kill as many people as she likes, and your promise doesn't mean anything because it's infinity -1."
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-05-29 at 10:09 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "All my dreams are strange....And they might all be omens, too. What's an omen and what's not...How can you know until the future's happened and is past?
    ...But nothing about the other day..."

Foxglove admitted after a few seconds of staring blankly into some middle distance, trying to recall her dreams and distinguish them from the rest of her head.

Silent Night just...pauses for a moment.

"Huh...I like you and your way of thinking." Silent Night says with a small smile.

Godwyn narrows his eyes slightly at Gear's crooked smirk. "I don't think I want to know." In response to Foxglove, he just nods along in understanding, or at least attempted understanding.

"I see. Then it seems I am the only one whom she has sought out beyond the waking realm. Interesting," the Paladin muses.

He takes another sip of his coffee, a thoughtful look in his eyes. He then sets down the mug, and looks around the table. His expression is somber, and his gaze is serious. "Last night Anacra intruded upon my dreams and offered me with a choice. Or at least, the illusion of a choice," he frowns. "I am now sworn to owe her a single favor, a favor which she swore would not violate my Oath as a Paladin. Had I not agreed to the deal, she would have committed an act of murder. And I could not let that happen," he states with a small frown. "Furthermore..." his frown deepens, "I may have some idea as to what her plans may be..."
    "That...might not be so bad...mom used to make deals all the time, but they turned out well for everybody involved. That used to basically be her mantra. Everything should end as well as possible for everybody involved."

"Really? I didn't even know she had a plan."

Foxglove thought about what he said, though, and added,

"Doesn't that mean as long as you owe her, she can't kill anyone? So that's solved.
    ...Or, she can kill as many people as she likes, and your promise doesn't mean anything because it's infinity -1."
    "This doesn't mean much I suppose, given that as far as I know, my mom wouldn't do what happened in that cave...or look like that in the first place...but I don't think she could ever tell a lie. Every word she ever said had this undeniable truthiness to it. If she said she wouldn't do something, or she would do something, she would die before she ever even thought of going against it."

Silent Night certainly seems to be an optimist anyway.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

"Sooo...what's the game plan here?" Gearstride cautiously asked.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn nods. "She put a great deal of emphasis on being truthful and avoiding betrayal, so I have no reason not to doubt the validity of our deal. However, I cannot help but dread what the favor I owe may entail, even if it will not violate my Oaths," he frowns. "But hopefully, as Miss Night said, this will work out well for everybody involved. Though I am hesitant to be too optimistic."

In response to Gearstride's inquiry, Godwyn looks around at the three mares in front of him. "For ourselves, or for Anacra? For ourselves, I suppose we shall be helping Miss Night with her archeology. After that, I will begin doing research on Changelings and their Queen. Perhaps a visit to Canterlot may be in order, both for the musical performance and to gain access to their libraries and some Royal insight. After that, I will be off to the Badlands..." he states factually.

His expression then darkens slightly. "As for Anacra, her immediate plans apparently involved Queen Chryssalis, or at least, her murder. Hence why I agreed to such a faustian bargain; I could not let her take a life, regardless of whose it may be. I am not sure whether or not she still has plans for the Changeling Queen, though..."

Godwyn then frowns. "Beyond that, she seems to have some greater scheme in place. She never stated it directly - only made implications - but it seems she has some plan to nullify magic. Not just in a single small spot, as in the Dead Magic Zone we saw, but in larger, far-reaching applications. Perhaps altogether. This, of course, would be.... bad," he scowls.

The Paladin lets the implications sink in for the others. Pegasi and griffons falling from the sky, creatures like Timberwolves ceasing to exist... "Bad" may actually be an understatement.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn nods. "She put a great deal of emphasis on being truthful and avoiding betrayal, so I have no reason not to doubt the validity of our deal. However, I cannot help but dread what the favor I owe may entail, even if it will not violate my Oaths," he frowns. "But hopefully, as Miss Night said, this will work out well for everybody involved. Though I am hesitant to be too optimistic."

In response to Gearstride's inquiry, Godwyn looks around at the three mares in front of him. "For ourselves, or for Anacra? For ourselves, I suppose we shall be helping Miss Night with her archeology. After that, I will begin doing research on Changelings and their Queen. Perhaps a visit to Canterlot may be in order, both for the musical performance and to gain access to their libraries and some Royal insight. After that, I will be off to the Badlands..." he states factually.

His expression then darkens slightly. "As for Anacra, her immediate plans apparently involved Queen Chryssalis, or at least, her murder. Hence why I agreed to such a faustian bargain; I could not let her take a life, regardless of whose it may be. I am not sure whether or not she still has plans for the Changeling Queen, though..."

Godwyn then frowns. "Beyond that, she seems to have some greater scheme in place. She never stated it directly - only made implications - but it seems she has some plan to nullify magic. Not just in a single small spot, as in the Dead Magic Zone we saw, but in larger, far-reaching applications. Perhaps altogether. This, of course, would be.... bad," he scowls.

The Paladin lets the implications sink in for the others. Pegasi and griffons falling from the sky, creatures like Timberwolves ceasing to exist... "Bad" may actually be an understatement.
    "That...that can't be her goal. There's no feasible way." Silent Night says. "That'd be like Celestia deciding to blot out the sun, or Cadence trying to rid the world of love." She insists. She really doesn't seem to believe getting rid of magic could be Anacra's goal.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

She had not been doubting Anacra's honesty. Only that the deal had any meaning at all, which was not the same thing...But she wasn't going to say that. She would just take the correction...

But also point out one of her own. Without expression in her voice or face, she replied,

"But...If she did that, she'd kill Chrysalis, and all the other infinity murders anyway. A perfect set of infinity murders."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

"I'll be honest, a lot of this is going over my head but...I am of course, more than willing to help as deadly as it all sounds," She wanly smiled, rubbing the back of her head.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn frowns at Foxglove's theory of infinity murders. "Infinity murders, indeed. The potential harm that could be wrought from such a plan is unspeakable. And that grin she wore..." The Paladin shudders. "I pray to Icarus that you're right, Miss Night. Perhaps she was just toying with me, or trying to goad me into action. Perhaps I'm playing right into her hooves," he scowls.

When Gear offers to help, Godwyn just gives her a small, somewhat sad smile. "As honored and appreciative as I am for that offer, I cannot ask or expect you to accompany me on this endeavor of mine. The situation with Chryssalis is my own doing and duty, and I would be loath to drag you and Miss Foxglove into such mess. While I cannot stop either of you from accompanying me, know that I do not expect you to do so."

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

"...Um... Well..."

Foxglove muttered something at the floor, while looking off to the side. Basically, trying desperately to avoid being saying what she was saying, or having it attributed to her in any way, or having, in general, her opinion exist a part of the universe.

Or, most importantly, not to get fussed at for it.

"...No."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh no...not this shtick...I'm gonna barf now from the cliche," Gearstride lazily smirked at Godwyn. "I'm afraid you're stuck with me hahahahah." She leered.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

"I can't really help you with that. Once we're done with the castle, I'll stay back here and start looking for ways to help you stop Anacra...if there are any." Silent Night offers. "For now, would you like to head off to the castle for some light adventuring?" She asks.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

"I like adventuring...what's your take guys?" She asked the other two.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives a small smile when his companions show no signs of wanting to leave him when he starts his quest. He doesn't seem bothered by Gear's leering. Well, not too bothered, at least. "Thank you. I appreciate your desire to assist me in my endeavor..." he muses.

As for Night's offer, Godwyn gives a nod. "I would be happy to assist you in your 'light adventuring,' Miss Night. I am prepared to depart whenever you so desire."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove breathed an inward sigh of relief.

"...So, what are we helping with? Is it internal decorating? Is it researching internal decorating?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Foxglove breathed an inward sigh of relief.

"...So, what are we helping with? Is it internal decorating? Is it researching internal decorating?"
    "...What?" Silent Night decides to just shake it off.

"No, not interior decorating. I was hoping to maybe look for some old artifacts deeper, and clear the area out. Ponies used to visit it a lot, but it's too dangerous now. Though, there was always an area universally considered haunted and unsafe. However, now the castle is infested with Timberwolves. I Was hoping to find some sort of solution." Silent Night says.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Timberwolves?" Godwyn looks over at Foxglove, and smiles. "That sounds like your department, Miss Foxglove. I trust you know how to handle them best?"

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

"Timberwolves eh?" Gearstride mused as she idly idled in thought.
    Spoiler
    Show

[knowledge nature about what she may know about Timberwolves] (1d20+4)[8]

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

"I know a few things. They're sort of... Skeletons with tree-bones. Forest Skeletons, crying in rage at new fruit, breath smoking of death, still wandering the woods of the living forest, their bodies cracking and clacking like the bones of lost hanged stallions, swaying in the wind, like the forest on an autumn night."

Foxglove blinked, having delivered that in a single breath and a single, unbroken, stare. Then she added,

"Yeah, like that, if you want to think about what hurts them best, I mean. Besides stuff like withering away and so on...Um...They're pack-hunters, but they've got a strong sort of autocratic chain of command."

She seems to have trouble putting this idea into words clearly, and stares blankly up at the ceiling. It seems for a second she's done, but then she continues --

"The alpha is single and absolute. Real wolves will treat someone else in their pack as a new alpha if the old one is taken out, but Timberwolves won't do that as easily. At least not in combat -- if you break up the Alpha, they've got no one to command them."
    Last edited by Deme; 2013-07-02 at 02:26 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn listens intently to Foxgloves explanations of Timber Wolves and how to handle them. He nods along in understanding. "So if we can neutralize the Alpha, the rest of the pack will likely scatter, or at least be easier to drive off. How resilient are they?" he asks.