New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Godwyn takes a moment to walk over to the little baby griffon. With a kind smile down at the young chick, he stands up tall on his hind legs, rising to his full height and extending his wings to their full span, proudly displaying the armor and heraldry upon his chest. "Yes, child. My name is Godwyn, and I am a Paladin of Icarus." He then kneels down in front of the young griffon, still smiling with warmth and kindness. "Tell me little one, have your parents shared the Icarian fables with you?" he softly asks.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-10-07 at 05:03 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

"Th-the wha?" the little baby griffin asks, staring at Godwyn in wonder. I think he has his answer there.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove settled in for the hope of storytimes.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Noticing that Foxglove is settling in for storytime, and not wanting to leave the poor griffon chick confused and curious, Godwyn gives a bemused sigh. "Well, I suppose I can tell you about Icarus while we wait for your parents to show up. I'm sure they're looking for you, and they say the best thing to do when you're lost is to stay in the same place," he muses.

The griffon then crouches down at eye level with the young griffon, and smiles warmly. "Alright. Let me tell you about the Icarian Legends."

And so he does! Godwyn recounts several of the stories and legends of Icarus, the griffon who helped to bring culture and knowledge to his kind, teaching of wisdom and reason, the secrets of flight (griffons only glided and flew short distances back then, according to legend), and working to eventually turn the griffon species from feared monsters into a respectable civilization. Not to mention a few stories of his more heroic exploits, defeating dragons, demons, and other monsters not just through strength and bravery, but also wit, guile, and charisma.

"And it is Icarus who inspired me to be all that I could be," Godwyn eventually concludes with a sage nod. "Our kind is woefully lacking in the altruistic heroes of old, who ones followed the flights of Icarus for the greater good. It is for that reason that I took up the mantle of Paladin, and seek to do all I can to help this world, and the creatures that inhabit it."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride had listened, sprawled on her belly, using her musical note as a cushion.

"Wow, interesting story, had me all enveloped hahah heh."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

The baby griffin stared up at the paladin in wonder. Its eyes were twinkling with excitement, and it seemed ecstatic. Godwyn may have a future paladin on his talons. The baby griffin is even clapping a bit.

(Sorry this has taken so long for me to update.)

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

"...I see,"

Foxglove said, her eyes wide and her head listing gently to one side, as if held up mostly by her own thinking. She had listened raptly, and what he said at the end only supported what she, ultimately, took away from it.

"...So this is what lurks in the hearts of Godwyns."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives a sage nod. "Indeed."

The griffon then leans down, and smiles kindly at the little hatchling in front of him. "Now, you be brave and strong like Icarus, while I go look for your parents, okay? Miss Foxglove and Miss Gearstride will stay with you, and if you want more fun stories, I'm sure they have plenty to share."

He gives Gearstride a brief, sidelong glance, nonverbally telling her to keep the stories appropriate for young griffon ears.

He then gives the baby griffon another kind smile, before stepping back, flapping his wings, and soaring up through the foliage to get a bird's-eye view of the surrounding forests and lands. Hopefully he'll spot some sign of a settlement, or traces of the griffon's parents' passage through the area.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride only chuckled at Godwyn, grinning at him before he flew off. She turned her attention to the hatchling.

"I'm not sure how I can top that story."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

"I can't top it...But I do have a story to tell. Do you like fishies, little friend?"

She asked, in a cheerful voice.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

"I like fishies!" The little griffin says with excitement. "All sorts of fishies! Big ones, small ones, long ones, and short ones!"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, this story has all of those!"
    She lay down, snuggled around the little griffon, and began her story.

"One night, I was sleeping by a big river, just Foxglove and Tweedle and I... It was spring, and the snow was melting on the mountains, and the river was full and overflowing...
    When I woke up, I thought I had fallen into the river and been carried away by the flood -- there was water all around me, and my mane and fur were all wet. But the water was leaping -- the water was fleeing itself in big drops, sparkling in the sun... I looked closer, and the drops were little silver fishies -- that I was being carried downstream by a school of fish!"

This was how she began a long and rambling story about her adventure with the school of fish, which carried her to a great lake, where their sea-serpent leader lived. The Sea Serpent wanted her help, for he had been seperated from his beloved daughter, and wished to find her and get her to come home, which Foxglove aided with. There may have been an underwater pyramid somehow. Along the way, Foxglove dipped into tangents like the legends of sea serpents and different types of fish.

"...I understand the daughter's feelings, though. Being apart from the things you know opens your world to new things -- things you discover, memories you make, things you learn about yourself and everyone -- that you never could have found at home... But I think it's best if, when you've had lots of fun and learned lots of things, if there's a reunion at the end."

The way she said it sounded not very pertinent, not putting a strong lesson-y emphasis on it. It was a tangent, like any other... But for a moment, she watched the little Griffon's face carefully, before turning her head skyward and finishing, after a length pause,

"...oh. Yeah. That's the end."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    He then gives the baby griffon another kind smile, before stepping back, flapping his wings, and soaring up through the foliage to get a bird's-eye view of the surrounding forests and lands. Hopefully he'll spot some sign of a settlement, or traces of the griffon's parents' passage through the area.
    He notices a small amount of smoke, characteristic of a campfire a ways away. The plume is too small to see from down in the forest itself, but it's clear from the treetops. It's as good a lead as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Well, this story has all of those!"
    She lay down, snuggled around the little griffon, and began her story.

"One night, I was sleeping by a big river, just Foxglove and Tweedle and I... It was spring, and the snow was melting on the mountains, and the river was full and overflowing...
    When I woke up, I thought I had fallen into the river and been carried away by the flood -- there was water all around me, and my mane and fur were all wet. But the water was leaping -- the water was fleeing itself in big drops, sparkling in the sun... I looked closer, and the drops were little silver fishies -- that I was being carried downstream by a school of fish!"

This was how she began a long and rambling story about her adventure with the school of fish, which carried her to a great lake, where their sea-serpent leader lived. The Sea Serpent wanted her help, for he had been seperated from his beloved daughter, and wished to find her and get her to come home, which Foxglove aided with. There may have been an underwater pyramid somehow. Along the way, Foxglove dipped into tangents like the legends of sea serpents and different types of fish.

"...I understand the daughter's feelings, though. Being apart from the things you know opens your world to new things -- things you discover, memories you make, things you learn about yourself and everyone -- that you never could have found at home... But I think it's best if, when you've had lots of fun and learned lots of things, if there's a reunion at the end."

The way she said it sounded not very pertinent, not putting a strong lesson-y emphasis on it. It was a tangent, like any other... But for a moment, she watched the little Griffon's face carefully, before turning her head skyward and finishing, after a length pause,

"...oh. Yeah. That's the end."
    The baby Griffin claps, eyes still wide in wonder. They seem to be babbling about how amazing so many different parts of that story are that they barely manage to finish anything resembling a coherent word.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

"Wow, interesting story there Miss Foxglove, heh, sounds like you led an interesting life heheh," Gearstride lazily chuckled. She floated some musical notes over towards the baby griffon to play with.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn wastes no time! He flaps his wings, and soars off towards the campfire. He then drives towards the source of the smoke, before flaring his wings, leveling out, and landing on his hind legs in a rather dramatic fashion, talons raised defensively, and eyes looking around for any signs of life or danger. The emblem of Icarus emblazoned upon his breastplate is clearly visible, making his status as a Paladin clear to any who might recognize it, particularly other griffons.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

"It's certainly a life. I'm definitely alive for it."

Foxglove agreed, nodding. She was very pleased by the result on the baby griffon, whose incoherent compliments she accepted with a nod.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn wastes no time! He flaps his wings, and soars off towards the campfire. He then drives towards the source of the smoke, before flaring his wings, leveling out, and landing on his hind legs in a rather dramatic fashion, talons raised defensively, and eyes looking around for any signs of life or danger. The emblem of Icarus emblazoned upon his breastplate is clearly visible, making his status as a Paladin clear to any who might recognize it, particularly other griffons.
    There are indeed two other griffons at the campground. They recognize the emblem, but don't seem to think much of it. They probably don't believe in Icarus themselves. They don't seem hostile, but they do look worried.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

For a moment, Godwyn stands there looked poised and badass, his beak taught, his expression stern.

He then cracks a cheery smile. "I trust you're the parents of the little hatchling I stumbled upon earlier?" he asks with jovial warmness.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

For a moment, Godwyn stands there looked poised and badass, his beak taught, his expression stern.

He then cracks a cheery smile. "I trust you're the parents of the little hatchling I stumbled upon earlier?" he asks with jovial warmness.
    They both nod, clearly worried.

"Where is she?" The father asks like he's at his wit's end. They're apparently good at looking calm, but man...

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"A short flight back," Godwyn says with a tilt of his head. "My companions are watching over her for the time being. She's perfectly fine. Come, I shall lead you back to her," he says, turning to flap his wings in preparation for flight.

Assuming there's no issue, he'll take to the skies and lead them back to their kid.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

"A short flight back," Godwyn says with a tilt of his head. "My companions are watching over her for the time being. She's perfectly fine. Come, I shall lead you back to her," he says, turning to flap his wings in preparation for flight.

Assuming there's no issue, he'll take to the skies and lead them back to their kid.
    There is definitely no issue, as the parents fly back with Godwyn to see their child. Upon reaching the area, the little Griffinling rushes them and hugs their parents.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove pulls back from the happy reunion, taking a few steps closer to the trees, or to watchful Tweedle. Still... She has a very small but sincere smile on her face.

Good, he found them. Or...um...They found him. Several acts of finding may have occurred, either simultaneously or sequentially.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn lands next to Foxglove and Gearstride, and smiles cheerfully. "All's well that ends well, yes? Looks like a job well done."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh gosh....right in the feels I have ta say," Gearstride grinned and nodded her head. "Ya two did good work."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

The two parents, after embracing their child for a little while, thank the adventuring party.

"Thank you. We're sorry this happened, we promise we won't let it happen again. She just wandered off all of a sudden." The mother explains looking thoroughly embarrassed. "Any way we can repay you before we head on our way?" She asks politely.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn smiles meekly. "You owe us nothing. We were merely doing the right thing. Though pray tell, what brings you out here to these wild woods? It is uncommon for me to see my own kind in Equestria, even in the more civilized and settled regions. Are you lost? Or do you have some tasks you are undertaking, and could perhaps be assisted with?" he inquires, subtly fishing for info not just to sate his curiosity, but to perhaps find more ways to help them out.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove blinked. She considered this statement, and from her position edged a little way from the group, couldn't help but think that she wasn't sure if there was any way they could repay them. It wasn't as if she particularly felt they should be repaid, just for being good people... But was there any way they could be repaid, if they wanted it?

Her gaze drifted about until it landed back on the couple, and she said in a dreamy tone,
    "...I'm not sure... I forgot what we were doing."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn smiles meekly. "You owe us nothing. We were merely doing the right thing. Though pray tell, what brings you out here to these wild woods? It is uncommon for me to see my own kind in Equestria, even in the more civilized and settled regions. Are you lost? Or do you have some tasks you are undertaking, and could perhaps be assisted with?" he inquires, subtly fishing for info not just to sate his curiosity, but to perhaps find more ways to help them out.
    "No, we're not lost, we're just casual explorers. Our little one ran off when we weren't looking. We don't really need help with anything else now that we've found him. Thank you kind adventurers. And, since it doesn't seem like we can help with anything, we'll just be on our way." The mother says kindly. If the party can't think of anything, they'll be on their way, and they'll inevitably reach the castle.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn waves farewell with a cheery smile. "Take care! May Icarus guide your flights..." he says with a nod, as they take their leave.

Once the griffon family is gone, he sighs contently. "A job well done. Thank you for your assistance," he says to Gearstride, Foxglove, and Foxglove's menagerie. "I suppose we'd best get back on our way, then? Old castles won't find themselves..."

He immediately realizes Foxglove will probably try to argue that, and with a bemused smile, begins to walk along, anticipating the imminent existential-architectural musings from the unicorn.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride had watched the proceedings with a warm smile, happy that the little one was reunited with their parents.
    --

"Tally-ho to and fro away we go~!"
    Gearstride declared as she joined Godwyn in continuing on.