New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Foxglove happily obliged Godwin, mumbling in her slightly incoherent way about whether or not castles could find themselves: On the one hoof, it'd be unfair to deny it self-actualization, but it would be difficult for a castle to do the things associated with it, like consulting gurus or going on spirit quests or traveling the world. At least, as far as she knew.

"Maybe we need to find it because it went off to find itself after all..."

Foxglove muttered at one point in particular as she meandered down the road.

But then she went back to another argument, which is that it had no need to find itself: it was where it was, perhaps (or perhaps not) immobile. It could not be lost.

"...Anyway, I'm sure you don't need to worry about it, Godwyn." She concluded.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Yes, well, that is certainly nice to know," Godwyn nods along, giving Foxglove a wry little smile as they continue their trek. "Thank you very much for your insight and help, Miss Foxglove."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

It takes another couple days or so, and the trip is largely uneventful the rest of the way, save Godwyn having a less than pleasant dream.

The castle is rather large, to say the least. It looks like, in its heyday, it would have been about twice as large as Castle Canterlot. Now, it has long since broken down and been reclaimed by the forest. It looks like only by luck that your group was not attacked by some dangerous predator (Or, you know, hydra), as this would be the area of the forest usually claimed by the likes of things most ponies probably prefer pretending don't exist, like parasprites, or changelings or Timberwolves...

Oh right, that's what you're here to deal with.

Well then, it would appear there aren't many choices, other than going back, or walking into the ivy-covered courtyard.

Besides, the sooner Timberwolves go the way of the Windigoes, the better.

http://www.britainexpress.com/zen/al...astle-3923.jpg Here's what the castle looks like.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2014-04-23 at 03:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Looking a little worse for wear after the trek, Godwyn looks over the ruins before them. "Hm. So. Plans?" He looks back at the two ponies and Foxglove's entourage. "One of us scouts ahead? We barge on in? Try to lure them out and into a trap?"

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooooh..ruins exploration heheh..." Gearstride commented as she took in the sight of the icy covered ruined castle, her eyes going wide, a big smile on her face. She then cleared her throat and placed her hoof over her chest and looked at Godwyn.

"I could go scout on ahead if you'd like, I can be rather stealthy and all that, and if I find anything, I do have me some handy cantrips that will let me send ya message to ya."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds good...Do you think it'd be a good idea for Foxglove to go with you, or would he just get in your way?"

She asked, looking over the ivy-strewn castle. Living in a building like that might be fun, she'd have to remember that for next time.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn nods resolutely. "Scouting sounds good. Do be careful, Miss Gearstride," he says with a meek smile. "If you run into any trouble, we shall help post haste. I can provide healing, if need be. Though that's no license to take risks," he says, beak curling with a bit of a wry smirk.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride crookedly smirked. "I was lookin' forward to some lay on talons," She jokingly winked and then nodded her head affirmatively. "I'll give ya word if I see anything, keep yer ears open!" After quickly checking her bearings, the earth pony swished away, hiding behind a rock, then swished away to hide behind another rock and then tip toed, complete with the sound effect, closer towards the ivy covered castle.

Stealth Check (1d20+13)[15]
    Perception Check (1d20+5)[23]

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing seems to notice Gearstride as she slinks towards the Ivy covered castle.

As she gets in deeper, Gearstride will notice music. Not particularly pleasant music either. It sounds more like whoever is playing it has more interest in speed than a proper beat or anything. It sounds kinda fevered and rushed, and not entirely right. Possibly an old self-playing piano that has broken down over the years? Though, odd that it'd continue to be playing after all this time...

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride furrowed her brow as she activated her spell casting bracer. She began to utilize the Message spell, whispering into the magic, designating it for the other two to receive.

I hear..strange music....maybe someone is here...maybe it is of a magical nature...regardless...I am going to go in deeper...
    She said as the spell flew on magical magicalness. Yea. She would continue on in this investigation, trying to follow the music.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

She hears things scuttling around the further in she goes, and even starts to hear a voice, though what it's saying, she can't quite make out.

Godwyn, Foxglove and Co. meanwhile are still fairly undisturbed. There's the occasional odd noise, but nothing overly suspicious as of yet.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn glances over to Foxglove, raising a brow in concern. "Do you think we should go after her? Or should we stay here for the time being, lest we give away her position?"

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

"W-well...We thought she could scout because she knows things about dark castles and not getting caught in them, right? I mostly know about forests, and not getting eaten in them, though I know a thing or two about that. I know many things about eating and being eaten...That might be the most essential knowledge of nature."

She muses, starting into the castle. Still, she had a slightly worried expression -- though maybe that was because of what she was saying.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    She hears things scuttling around the further in she goes, and even starts to hear a voice, though what it's saying, she can't quite make out.
    Hmmm....interesting.....sounds like there really is someone else here... She thought to herself as she continued on, walking carefully but determined.

Continuing to stealth (1d20+13)[16]

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn raises a concerned eyebrow. "Would you rather wait out here? If you're not comfortable going into the castle yet, that's quite alright. No sense in making yourself uncomfortable if there's no reason to yet."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Listen check

(1d20+1)[20]

So, Gearstride rolls a 3, and the Timberwolf rolls a 19.

Sorry guys, you've got a fight on your hands.

The Timberwolf begins letting out an unearthly howl, signalling that there are intruders in the castle! Gearstride has some time to run back to her group before the wolf is upon her. May be a good idea to run.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2014-07-06 at 10:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Well that was random! Gearstride will run like the wind!

"H-h-hey buddy....ah....uhm...."
    Gearstride sported the most forced smile ever and nervously chuckled. "Oh would you look at that....gotta go!" And so she ran away leaving a dusty after image of herself.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, no, I --"

They were cut off by the howl, echoing from deep within the castle -- Foxglove's ears led, followed slowly by her face, and lastly her eyes, each part of her taking a different time to turn to the source of the noise. It had a timbre that was undeniably of timber, and she nodded as if in affirmation, or resolve.

"Oh, it turns out there's something to be known of eating or being eaten there, too... We should get going, to teach Gear something: How not to have it happen to you... That's really the most important part."

And so she began trotting towards the entrance Gearstride had used.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn's eyes go wide, and he immediately flares his wings and takes flight. He circles around Foxglove as they both enter the castle, looking around for any signs of approaching danger or traps. "I don't suppose it is possible for you to reason with Timberwolves, Miss Foxglove? Or are they not the most sociable creatures, even with those in tune with nature like yourself?" he asks.

((Perception: (1d20+9)[10]))

He promptly slams into an old craggy column, before flapping about and resuming his protective flight around Foxglove, eyes now spinny and derped. "I knew that was there," he blithers, tongue lolling out of his beak lopsidedly.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2014-07-09 at 10:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

They hear rustling in the nearby forest, and probably Gear Galloping towards them.

Now would probably be a good time to get on the defensive, cast any relevant spells, ETC.

((Sorry I can't think of anything more substantial right now. Feeling rather sick today, and was worse last night.))

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

"Waaaaaah ahahah! Just a timberwolf chasing me, that's all!" Gearstride yelled as she ran into the clearing with her companions. She skidded to a halt though she would still roll into Tweedle and find herself upside down. "Wow...that was a rush, 10/10 would run away again."

She then picked herself up and shook out any twigs and leaves in her mane and tail. "Yeaa uh...there's a timberwolf coming this way."

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove would help Gearstride upright, and off her dear companion.

"...I'll see shortly, I'm sure. Alright, Tweedle, are you ready to maybe fight off wooded doom?"

Tweedle Dee moaned at her uncertainly, but Tweedle Dum eventually, after some consideration, nodded.

"Alright, then. Come here."

He opened his twin mouths, and she nuzzled herself between his heads and ran her ridged horn across Tweedle Dee's teeth. The strange music like a ridged sound from a guiro filled the air, from the drawing of her horn, and it drowned out the words carried on her faint breath. a pale lilac and white light surrounded Dee's teeth, and she pulled her head back to reveal them sharper than before.

(Casting Magic Fang on Tweedle Dee's bite attack, since I think they're separate natural weapons, aren't they?)
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn nods and takes flight, ascending a dozen or so feet up and flexing his talons. He stretches and flexes his arms, as though preparing for a fight. "Stay close, and be on your guard. Maintain your courage, and do not falter. By Icarus' light, we shall prevail," he nods resolutely, scanning the ruins and forest for signs of danger or foes. He then proceeds to...

...reach into his backpack and pull out his fiddle. "Miss Foxglove? Pray tell, do Timberwolves like melodic tunes?" he asks, bringing the instrument to his shoulder as he continues to look around and keep up his guard. "I have heard that music may sooth the souls of certain savage beasts..." he alliterates.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+5)[24]
    Perception: (1d20+9)[10]

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

"I'll see myself what I can do first," Gearstride declared, her bearings now collected. She drew a pinch of glitter and held her spell casting bracer towards her muzzle. "You lot watch out...I am going to try to cast Glitterdust on it when it gets in view."

<Gear is taking a ready action to cast glitterdust the moment it gets into view, it has an effected 10 ft radius and she can cast it for over 160 ft, the 17 DC Will to keep from getting Blinded.>

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

A pack of 5 timberwolves come at the party, 2 from behind, 3 from the direction Gearstride is looking. They are about 3 feet tall at the shoulder, and 5 feet long each.

They also don't look happy, looking like they're ready to make a meal out of the group.

The three in front take a Glitterdust to the face, and are forced to roll a will save each.

(1d20+3)[19]
    (1d20+3)[22]
    (1d20+3)[10]

EDIT: ONly one blinded, those lucky ducks Timberwolves.

After that, roll for initiative.

(1d20+2)[13]
    (1d20+2)[10]
    (1d20+2)[5]
    (1d20+2)[5]
    (1d20+2)[10]
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2014-07-18 at 02:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn takes the initiative, and...!

Begins to play his fiddle. It's a slow, mournful tune. The sort that grabs one's attention and holding it firmly as the somber, soulful melody fills the mind with memories and evocative emotions, gripping the soul and soothing the heart.

Or at least he tries to. Hopefully he'll at least get the Timberwolves' attention, and perhaps disarm them or otherwise pacify them to some degree!

Spoiler
    Show

Perform (Fiddle): (1d20+13)[17]

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

Foxlgove paused in trying to remember if Timberwolves even liked music -- did poetry count as music? It was sort of like song... Did they like poetry? What about tapdancing, that sort of had an auditory element, even if you never did hear tapdancing sooth the savage beast.

When the timberwolves appeared, and Godwyn set it into motion, these thoughts scattered like dandelion seeds. She'd arrived at no conclusion too late, and was now left just to help.
    "Be ready," she whispered to Tweedle, who nodded, and set himself up to be vigilant, directly between Godwyn and Foxglove.

And Foxglove sang accompaniment to Godwyn's fiddle, a soothing, relaxing song with no particularly interesting lyrics, since she was making them up on the spot: just some nonsense to fit the tune, about deep forests where the air was cool, and the hooting of owls in the distance, and the like.

Spoiler
    Show

Foxglove will be using perform (sing) to aid another: (1d20+13)[27]

And Tweedle will just be setting himself into position.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

(rolled a 6 on initiative)

While that all occurred, Gearstride would take the moment to start combining her various vials to create an explosive bomb rather quickly. However, rather than immediately throw it, she held on to it to first see how the timberwolves reacted to the music.

<Basically she is withholding her actual action to first see what happens>

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+15)[29] perform music opposed check.

The Timberwolves don't seem overly inconveniences by the music. It looks like it might have had a minor effect, but got cancelled out by the discordant dirge coming from within the castle.

They also barely manage to hear a voice singing, though from here, what they're singing is practically impossible to make out.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2014-07-22 at 01:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah whelp...that's a bunch of butt tickles," Gearstride made a face as the timberwolves appeared to be unaffected. She then nickered and shook her head as she stampeded towards the the two closest timberwolves.

"This is how I say 'hello'!"
    She tossed the bomb vial in the air and flicked it toward one of the timberwolves with her tail. "And also good bye." Oh yeeeaaaaaaa.

Spoiler
    Show

Action: Running 20 ft and Throwing a bomb at one of the timberwolves, the ones that are in the 40 ft range.

Attack: (1d20+9)[10] (Tis a Ranged Touch Attack)
    Damage: (3d6+4)[12] Fire damage Reflex 16 for half damage (10 ft radius for the explosion)