New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

"I don't know, perhaps I'm destined to just be a bachelorette? Forever running free with no one holding me back."
    She replied and poked the filly back.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post

Cue everypony in the room other than Anacra being horrified. Dragon isn't either, but that's because it doesn't really understand what Foxglove said.
    Foxglove shrinks her posture and eats in silence.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn looks up from his stew, and gives Broken Scale a curious look. "Hm. You are wise beyond your years, Miss Scale. For the most part, your analysis is sound. And yes, it is an unfortunate truth that sometimes, a Paladin's best is simply not enough," he observes with a sad smile. "Though, if you still have the strength within you to apologize, then you still have the strength within you to keep trying. Only when you are entirely exhausted to the point of being physically unable to move or act or even think, even if that point means death, have you truly given it your all. But sadly, sometimes even that is not enough to solve the problems and injustices in this world. But..." he sighs, "Better to try and to fail, than to have done nothing at all. That is part of what being a Paladin is about. When others cannot or will not act, you try try try your hardest in the name of goodness and justice and all that is right, even if failure or even death are the only realistic outcomes."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove shrinks her posture and eats in silence.
    Faith's shield looks at her. "So...you have a pet fox and a pet Hydra? he asks her, looking up at Tweedle.

Ein observes Tweedle, and gives an Inquisitive roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I don't know, perhaps I'm destined to just be a bachelorette? Forever running free with no one holding me back."
    She replied and poked the filly back.
    "...That sounds really sad." the little filly says and looks really sad. She doesn't poke back this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwyn looks up from his stew, and gives Broken Scale a curious look. "Hm. You are wise beyond your years, Miss Scale. For the most part, your analysis is sound. And yes, it is an unfortunate truth that sometimes, a Paladin's best is simply not enough," he observes with a sad smile. "Though, if you still have the strength within you to apologize, then you still have the strength within you to keep trying. Only when you are entirely exhausted to the point of being physically unable to move or act or even think, even if that point means death, have you truly given it your all. But sadly, sometimes even that is not enough to solve the problems and injustices in this world. But..." he sighs, "Better to try and to fail, than to have done nothing at all. That is part of what being a Paladin is about. When others cannot or will not act, you try try try your hardest in the name of goodness and justice and all that is right, even if failure or even death are the only realistic outcomes."
    Broken Scale nods in response."Death against overwhelming odds appears to be a distressingly common fate for Paladins." Broken Scale says and takes another bite of her veggies.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn nods, and gives a wry smirk. "Well, not all of them. But yes, one would almost think martyrdom for the Greater Good is part of the Paladin job description." He takes a sip of his drink, before giving a small chuckle. "Hidden in the fine print, perhaps."

He takes a moment to enjoy more of his stew, before returning to the conversation. "That's probably why there are so few griffins lining up for the position these days. Though, that primarily has more to do with changes in our culture and society over time," he shrugs. "To my knowledge, there are currently very few other Paladins amongst my griffin kin right now. If any at all."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

"...That sounds really sad." the little filly says and looks really sad. She doesn't poke back this time.

"I dunno..I prefer to think of it as that I am able to sample all kinds of possible very special someponies, except, I kinda think myself lucky that way if ya think about it,"
    She said with a smile and playful wink.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

"I dunno..I prefer to think of it as that I am able to sample all kinds of possible very special someponies, except, I kinda think myself lucky that way if ya think about it,"
    She said with a smile and playful wink.
    "That still sounds really sad..."

Anacra comes over. "Please, excuse my daughter. SHe has very specific ideas of how romance is supposed to go." she says, and lightly pushes her daughter to go back into her seat.

Godwyn nods, and gives a wry smirk. "Well, not all of them. But yes, one would almost think martyrdom for the Greater Good is part of the Paladin job description." He takes a sip of his drink, before giving a small chuckle. "Hidden in the fine print, perhaps."

He takes a moment to enjoy more of his stew, before returning to the conversation. "That's probably why there are so few griffins lining up for the position these days. Though, that primarily has more to do with changes in our culture and society over time," he shrugs. "To my knowledge, there are currently very few other Paladins amongst my griffin kin right now. If any at all."
    "I certainly haven't heard of any, though Paladins don't seem to make the news recently anyway." Broken Scale says, finishing off her vegetables.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn does not intrude on Gear's discussion, instead focusing on his own precocious conversation partner. "Ah, and what is the recent news?" he asks with a warm smile. "I am not from around there lands, so I am afraid I am a bit lacking in knowledge of current events and local knowledge."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Faith's shield looks at her. "So...you have a pet fox and a pet Hydra? he asks her, looking up at Tweedle.

Ein observes Tweedle, and gives an Inquisitive roar.
    Tweedle roars back...With a little less volume control.

"...I wouldn't...I wouldn't call them pets."

She answered, a little uneasily.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Tweedle roars back...With a little less volume control.

"...I wouldn't...I wouldn't call them pets."

She answered, a little uneasily.
    "..."

Ein runs and hides behind Anacra in fear.

"Mommy!" It yells.

"Shhh. Don't worry dear, it won't hurt you." Anacra says, petting the little dragon.

Godwyn does not intrude on Gear's discussion, instead focusing on his own precocious conversation partner. "Ah, and what is the recent news?" he asks with a warm smile. "I am not from around there lands, so I am afraid I am a bit lacking in knowledge of current events and local knowledge."
    "Not really any recent news. Nothing exciting has happened recently." Broken Scale responds.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

"That still sounds really sad..."

Anacra comes over. "Please, excuse my daughter. SHe has very specific ideas of how romance is supposed to go." she says, and lightly pushes her daughter to go back into her seat.

"Oh, its no problem, its understandable,"
    Gear said with a lazy smile.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

"..."

Ein runs and hides behind Anacra in fear.

"Mommy!" It yells.

"Shhh. Don't worry dear, it won't hurt you." Anacra says, petting the little dragon.
    "Don't be afraid, little one. He's just trying to be friendly, right, Tweedle?"

Tweedle makes a happy little roar noise from both mouths.
    "<Right! Friends?>"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't be afraid, little one. He's just trying to be friendly, right, Tweedle?"

Tweedle makes a happy little roar noise from both mouths.
    "<Right! Friends?>"
    <Friends? Umm...okay.> The dragon slowly, steadily comes out, looking like it'll decide to hide behind Anacra if so much as a twig snaps.

"So, if you wouldn't call them pets, what would you call them?" Faith's Shield asks.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

"They are my companions...And my dear and trusted friends. We're...Like family. If we have nothing else in the world, we have each other."

She ends it with a thoughtful nod. Tweedle is trying to control his enthusiasm, resulting in a very fidgety hydra.
    "<Yay! Friends! I have many little friends.>"
    He added, as if to soothe the little dragon.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-11-22 at 04:12 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn returns to enjoying his delightful stew. "This is very good, Miss Anacra. Thanks again for the wonderful meal," he observes with a polite smile.

"Do you have any further questions, or thoughts you'd like to share, Miss Scale?" he cordially asks Broken Scale. Truth be told, he's enjoyed the little discussion they've had, and he doesn't mind helping explain the Paladin ways to her.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, its no problem, its understandable,"
    Gear said with a lazy smile.
    "I think she's seen a few too many romantic films." Anacra says, amusedly rolling her eyes. "I personally am on the rather extreme end of the monogamy scale." Anacra says. "Only ever been with one pony, and that was enough for me." she says. She sounds slightly bitter.

Godwyn returns to enjoying his delightful stew. "This is very good, Miss Anacra. Thanks again for the wonderful meal," he observes with a polite smile.

"Do you have any further questions, or thoughts you'd like to share, Miss Scale?" he cordially asks Broken Scale. Truth be told, he's enjoyed the little discussion they've had, and he doesn't mind helping explain the Paladin ways to her.
    "Well...it's kind of an odd question but...how do you tell the difference between a legitimate god, and an impostor?"

"They are my companions...And my dear and trusted friends. We're...Like family. If we have nothing else in the world, we have each other."
    "That sounds kind of nice. I used to have a puppy. His name was Odin. He was a nice dog. A stray I found one day and mommy helped me take care of him. I called him Odin because he only had one eye." Faith's Shield says.

She ends it with a thoughtful nod. Tweedle is trying to control his enthusiasm, resulting in a very fidgety hydra.
    "<Yay! Friends! I have many little friends.>"
    He added, as if to soothe the little dragon.
    <I'm not that little!> Eingefroren is in fact, that little. <Watch!> The dragon lets loose its ice breath. Given how small it is, it just results in the temperature lowering a little, but the size is pretty big for such a small dragon.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn's eyes light up. "My goodness, you certainly like rather complex and heady topics for a filly your age. To answer your question, though, I am afraid I do not know the answer, for I have never met either," he explains with a wry smile. "It is also a matter of advanced theological scholarly discourse, which I am not all that experienced in, though I am quite knowledgeable of various religions' histories and belief systems. And on top of that, it is also a matter of varying perspectives and views. One griffin's god is another griffin's joke, for example," he explains with a shrug and an idle wave of his talons.

When the little dragon breathes ice, Godwyn gives him a warm smile. "Impressive."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

"I think she's seen a few too many romantic films." Anacra says, amusedly rolling her eyes. "I personally am on the rather extreme end of the monogamy scale." Anacra says. "Only ever been with one pony, and that was enough for me." she says. She sounds slightly bitter.

"What?...Really? You've never tried to jump back into the dating game?"
    She asked curiously.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Foxglove eats her food quiety, but does respond to the topic of the food,

"Oh, a bird Gar's size could really only eat you .... if you were already dead and he were picking.... small pieces of flesh from your corpse... or maybe some nutrient-rich entrails...But in Equestria, most birds don't concern themselves with scavenging."

Foxglove said, ignoring concerns like 'what makes for good conversation over food' or 'what doesn't make you sound kind of creepy'
    "Oooo, right in the appetite," Heart said, lowering her spoon. She turned her attention back to the conversation at hoof.

"It's like Doctor Whoof, only slightly less confusing," Heartflight chimed in.

"Um, if that's the case, then it probably isn't so much from the movies as it is taking after what she observes to be family values, after being raised in a staunch monogamistic relationship despite the wandering nature of many ponies due to a skewed gender ratio." If anypony seemed surprised at her musings, she'd add, "What? I can be philosophical and insightful too sometimes."

"Well...it's kind of an odd question but...how do you tell the difference between a legitimate god, and an impostor?"
    Godwyn's eyes light up. "My goodness, you certainly like rather complex and heady topics for a filly your age. To answer your question, though, I am afraid I do not know the answer, for I have never met either," he explains with a wry smile. "It is also a matter of advanced theological scholarly discourse, which I am not all that experienced in, though I am quite knowledgeable of various religions' histories and belief systems. And on top of that, it is also a matter of varying perspectives and views. One griffin's god is another griffin's joke, for example," he explains with a shrug and an idle wave of his talons.
    "We could always ask the princesses," Heart suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"What?...Really? You've never tried to jump back into the dating game?"
    She asked curiously.
    "I don't see much of a point." Anacra says truthfully. "At best, it would feel like I was insulting his memory." Anacra says, now washing the dishes.

"Interesting. Thank you." Broken Scale says in response.
    When the little dragon breathes ice, Godwyn gives him a warm smile. "Impressive."
    The dragon roars "Thanks" in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

"Um, if that's the case, then it probably isn't so much from the movies as it is taking after what she observes to be family values, after being raised in a staunch monogamistic relationship despite the wandering nature of many ponies due to a skewed gender ratio." If anypony seemed surprised at her musings, she'd add, "What? I can be philosophical and insightful too sometimes."
    "No one ever said she was raised in a staunch monogamistic relationship. My husband died a very long time before Obsidian Flare was even born." Anacra responds to Heart. That's probably why she's unwilling to get back into the dating game.

"We could always ask the princesses," Heart suggested.
    "I'm pretty sure the princesses aren't actually gods. I'd say there's something that disqualifies them from the term, though I'm not sure exactly what." Broken Scale responds to Heart. "Honestly, the only one I know of who can probably answer that question is Discord. Though, he's hopefully trapped as a stone statue for the rest of eternity. Or dead." She says.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

"No one ever said she was raised in a staunch monogamistic relationship. My husband died a very long time before Obsidian Flare was even born." Anacra responds to Heart. That's probably why she's unwilling to get back into the dating game.
    ....Well. Heart could only respond with one word. "....Oh."

"I'm pretty sure the princesses aren't actually gods. I'd say there's something that disqualifies them from the term, though I'm not sure exactly what." Broken Scale responds to Heart. "Honestly, the only one I know of who can probably answer that question is Discord. Though, he's hopefully trapped as a stone statue for the rest of eternity. Or dead." She says.
    "Well then, answer me this," said Heart. "What is a god?"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds kind of nice. I used to have a puppy. His name was Odin. He was a nice dog. A stray I found one day and mommy helped me take care of him. I called him Odin because he only had one eye." Faith's Shield says.

<I'm not that little!> Eingefroren is in fact, that little. <Watch!> The dragon lets loose its ice breath. Given how small it is, it just results in the temperature lowering a little, but the size is pretty big for such a small dragon.

"He sounds like a very nice dog."

She says, smiling pleasantly. Her mother had never let her have a pet...But taking care of an animal that needed it was always a basically purifying thing.

"<Wow! That is like full of wonder!>"

Tweedle has seen better...But he tends to forget this. There's a reason he relies on Foxglove and Fox-glove to do his thinking, but for now, he's legitimately impressed by 'slightly chilled' breath.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn frowns sadly at the mentioning of Anacra's husband being deceased. "My sympathies," he quietly states.

At the mention of the Princesses, Godwyn quirks a feathery eyebrow. "Ah yes, the Princesses of Equestria. Rather fascinating. Equestrian mythos and theology deifies them to a certain degree, particularly for their abilities to control the celestial bodies. However, their lack of omnipotence, omnipresence, and other reality-warping abilities places them below the realm of true godhood. They could perhaps be classified as demi-gods, but as true gods? No," he explains with a few idle waves and gestures of his right claws.

At Heartflight's inquiry, Godwyn smiles politely. "A god is a higher power or being that is omnipotent and/or omnipresent, or near enough to be confused as such, unbeholden to the laws of nature and physics, and is often capable of wielding unlimited or unspeakable cosmic power. The best and most immediately relevant example would be Discord, Spirit of Chaos and Disorder. Everywhere yet nowhere, capable of assuming any and all forms, able to rend the very fabric of time and space and bend it to his will, and undefeatable by normal mortal means. And yes, his influence was felt in the Griffin Kingdoms during his last escape, and no, it was not amusing," he muses with a mirthless smile.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-24 at 04:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

"And the Elements of Harmony very much do not qualify as normal mortal means." Anacra adds in. "It's quite likely they were created by an unknown god in the first place. Why can only be speculated upon." She says. She then turns to Godwyn with an inquisitive brow.

"Very well put, Godwyn. I have to wonder where a Paladin learned to speak so well. Though, I would argue with "Omnipotent" as there is a very good chance gods could kill other gods if they wanted. As for my husband...your sympathies are appreciated." She says the last statement with a very heavy air of "There is a lot that time cannot erase."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, but Discord wasn't a very good god of chaos, was he?" said Heart. "One: He is obviously not omnipresent, because friendshipping his physical form turned him into nothing more than a statue. Two: He was too organized, formulating a complex Batmare gambit in order to battle the elements of harmony. A Batmare gambit such as he used would require prediction of their future actions, which would require order - the very opposite of chaos. Three: Even if his plan had succeeded, then either the elements of harmony would remain Discorded, thus imposing a constant state, and thus order, or they would eventually become un-Discorded and win anyways. And finally, four: His powers were obviously not that powerful if they could easily be overcome by a single young unicorn, even if she is the Princess's star pupil."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-24 at 04:39 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"If you lot would like to discuss Discord, I would like to politely ask you to please take your conversation elsewhere." Given the way she says it, while she is being quite polite about it, it has a bit of a threatening undertone to it. Discord is apparently a very sore spot with her.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you lot would like to discuss Discord, I would like to politely ask you to please take your conversation elsewhere." Given the way she says it, while she is being quite polite about it, it has a bit of a threatening undertone to it. Discord is apparently a very sore spot with her.
    "Right, so this anti-magic zone," Heart said quickly. "Who, what, where, when, why, and most importantly how?"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-24 at 04:42 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Right, so this anti-magic zone," Heart said quickly. "Who, what, where, when, why, and most importantly how?"
    "Likely somebody who plans to use it as a weapon of war, I don't know how to respond to 'What', where is apparently somewhere in *Insert the location here*, when is apparently much longer than it should exist, the why takes a rather long explanation you probably don't care to hear, and how is also long in terms of natural dead-magic zones, but in terms of artificial...Well, that's a much shorter answer. They can be created, likely to be used as a weapon, but it takes an immensely powerful magic user to do so. They can also be extended far past the point where they are supposed to, which leads to a phenomenon like the one you mentioned where there was a complete absence of animal life or any ponies around. I'll close this one up myself tonight.

Also, it's a dead-magic zone. There is a very large difference between an antimagic zone and a dead magic zone. An antimagic zone is a 6th circle, sometimes 8th circle spell that shuts down specific magical effects and spellcasting. You could still fly in an antimagic zone, Golems and undead would still function in an antimagic zone, and certain spell effects keep working while within it, plus any long-term spells currently on you re-activate as soon as you leave the zone, though any time spent within the zone counts against the duration of the spell.

Dead magic zones on the other hoof shut down everything. If it is remotely magical in nature, it doesn't function while within the field, and if you are subject to a temporary magical effect then enter the field, the field essentially kills it. Dead magic zones essentially murder magic. Also, antimagic fields are magic in origin, whereas the origin of dead magic zones is unknown. Lastly, an antimagic field will stop functioning in a dead magic zone."
    Anacra says, giving the party an exposition dump. And now you know why you're here instead of in Ponyville.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove observed that that was a lot of words.
    "...So, if you're fixing it...Then I guess we're done?"

Foxglove looked pretty unsure.

"I mean, we don't know anything about them...Except that there are at least two, and they have a raven..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose you're done here, but it would be a good idea to watch your back, or sleep with one eye open if you're feeling threatened by something." Anacra says, which is probably obvious, but good advice nonetheless. "If you have any troubles with dead-magic zones in the future, you know where to find me." she says, having finished cleaning the dishes.