New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

Spoiler
    Show
    So now the only people who aren't involved in that fight are the Kage and Sasuke, basically. Bets on how long they'll take to get there.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He's setting up a wind jutsu, 3:1 that it's a fart because Kishi is just that much of a perv (and with 2 pervvy senseis naruto is the token perv )
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New chapter. I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So now the only people who aren't involved in that fight are the Kage and Sasuke, basically. Bets on how long they'll take to get there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kage were pretty trashed, so they shouldn't get there. Oro and Sasuke were going to place I assume is Uchiha Statue, so they won't be coming.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kage were pretty trashed, so they shouldn't get there. Oro and Sasuke were going to place I assume is Uchiha Statue, so they won't be coming.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Shouldn't" doesn't mean "won't" though. Sasuke and Oro not going there is easily understandable (Oro because it's smart, Sasuke because of plot), but I very much doubt the Kages are completely out of this fight with how that scene was ended. Tsunade probably won't come back in though.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, a post must be opened should naruto become Hokage So yeah, Tsunande will have a dignified death and beocme some sort of monument to the unification of shinobi. Oh, and I definately think naruto is going to fart a jutsu... Literally (why has no one ever thought of that: cutting fart, stinking fart, it woudl be a great counter to akimishi's clan where they create jutsu to harness the power of flatulence and flatulence based food.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So the kyubi uses natural energy or he just sits in the natural energy stance when he is gathering chakra?
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2012-11-28 at 08:45 AM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the thing we are missing is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hinata managed to SLAP THE JUUBI hard enough to redirect the massive eye laser to such a degree that the point blank range was useless and it didn't hit anyone worth mentioning...
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    I think the thing we are missing is that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hinata managed to SLAP THE JUUBI hard enough to redirect the massive eye laser to such a degree that the point blank range was useless and it didn't hit anyone worth mentioning...
    Hinata, always doing amazing things and getting next to no recognition for it. Poor poor Hinata. Secretly hoping the laser incinerated Sasuke and Orochimaru after being redirected.

Anyway, question. Kurama has infinite chakra. Why does he need to recharge his chakra? Did he somehow run out of infinite chakra?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Uh... I thought Ino redirected the laser, with her body control jutsu

10. - Top - End - #280

Spoiler
    Show
    I find that much, much harder to believe then Hinata punting the dude's laser away. But it's probably true.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uh... I thought Ino redirected the laser, with her body control jutsu
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was "a perfect Shintenshin with Hyuugas' support." Ino did a perfect Shintenshin to take over the beast somehow boosted by Neji and Hinata, but even that was only enough to control the beast for 2 seconds before it broke free.

Just enough to redirect the blast, but it probably won't work again.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    But everyone knows that saving Naruto's ass and then never getting so much as a thank you is Hinata's shtick.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anyway, question. Kurama has infinite chakra. Why does he need to recharge his chakra? Did he somehow run out of infinite chakra?
    I presume it is because he doesn't have access to all of it, all the time, so he can resupply himself indefinitely, but at any given moment only has a limited supply of chakra. When this limited supply is full though, it still is a considerable load.

Though this makes the Ten-Tails all the more frightening in turn.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was "a perfect Shintenshin with Hyuugas' support." Ino did a perfect Shintenshin to take over the beast somehow boosted by Neji and Hinata, but even that was only enough to control the beast for 2 seconds before it broke free.

Just enough to redirect the blast, but it probably won't work again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My impression (well, it's almost a theory, since I don't have much of a basis to it) was that the Hyuuga's helped by seeing where the thing was from far away, so Ino could get started on her jutsu while out of sight.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    But everyone knows that saving Naruto's ass and then never getting so much as a thank you is Hinata's shtick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately. I still think if there's gonna be any pairing at the end though, it'll be NaruHina.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If Kuruma had truly infinite Chakra, what would the point be of making the Ten-Tailed?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

17. - Top - End - #287

Spoiler
    Show
    Because it's stronger then Kyuubi? Also, speaking of the Jubi, am I the only one who thinks it looks totally lame? I mean it has the apperence of a bad B-movie monster/alien that would be more at home in a sci-fi channel original movie then Naruto. The shadowed images of it got me hoping for something totally awesome and instead we get this fat, one-eyed frog-shark hybrid with a Christmas tree on it's back. You love to troll us, don't you Kishi?
    Last edited by Giegue; 2012-11-29 at 11:50 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I prefer to believe that Hinata has the strongest pimp hand in the elemental kingdoms
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I prefer to believe that Hinata has the strongest pimp hand in the elemental kingdoms
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were getting our asses handed to us by the Juubi, but everything changed when the Land of Fire attacked.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

So, umpteen yonks behind everyone else, I am watching the Pain/Jiraiya fight.

It's hard watching, because Jiraiya's awesomeness is nearly completely overruled by Pain being such a whiney little four-asterisk.

Seriously.

All the time he was blithering about he was a god and the world growing up I was sat there thinking, "no, mate, you're not a god, you're a whiney little child; you certainly haven't grown up at all. You think you are the only one who has ever lost loved ones, and you think your pain is special. You little four-asterisk." Ye gods, at least Sasuke had the flimsey excuse his absolutely frak-tardedly seven-asterisking moron of a brother tortured him into insanity (twice). And people seriously scoffed at Madara's eye-of-the-moon plan. (Which, frankly, having seen the Master do that once in the End of Time is all kinds of seriously creepy Evil.)

From now on, whenever I read stuff where Pain talks, I'm going to replace his mental voice with Linkara's Superboy Prime voice. Ye gods, I think I nearly dislike him more than Sasuke and Itachi and that's saying something.

Death was by far too good for him, he deserved far, far worse. If I ever catch his soul, I'll take a very special personal pleasure in showing him just how much more pain a soul can suffer than a living being can, the sort of pain where's no escape from the releae of unconciousness or death or insanity... You think you understand pain, do yer mate? I'll be happy to correct yer ignorance. At length, and by which I mean eternity. Matey.

As bad guys go, Orochimaru (and Kabuto), and from what I've personally seen barring the more recent events in the manga, Madara Uchiha are so superior to that crowd of fracking expletives, it ain't even funny. Hell, I think some of the movie and filler villains are less cosmically wretched than that lot.

*sigh*

I'm good now. I just really needed to vent that.

I've no doubt I'll be back in the next few days, since this batch of episodes also covers the Sasuke/Itachi fight if the titles are summaries are any judge. I'm really looking foward to that, as you can imagine...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-29 at 08:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

I dunno, I kind of liked orochimaru. He was a fairly straightforward bad guy. "I want to learn all the techniques in the world, and I will do whatever it takes to get it." Closely followed by, "KONOHA MUST DIE FOR NOT MAKING ME HOKAGE!" (I think thats the canon reason he wants konoha destroyed) As for Kabuto, I liked him better when he was just the loyal assistant/#2 man in the outfit. It was awesome seeing him as this weak nothing, then learning its all an act, then seeing him escape from kakashi like it was nothing. Only for him to get worfed up your orifice of choice by naruto and his new shiny toy.

As far as madera is concerned. I intend to wait for the series to end, and then ask for a synopsis on what the ever loving hell this whole madera/tobi/obito psychosis is about. Because at this point I refuse to accept we are done getting messed about with, and I want to make sure I can get a complete and accurate collection of who he really was, what his plans were, how he went about them, etc etc etc.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dunno, I kind of liked orochimaru. He was a fairly straightforward bad guy. "I want to learn all the techniques in the world, and I will do whatever it takes to get it." Closely followed by, "KONOHA MUST DIE FOR NOT MAKING ME HOKAGE!" (I think thats the canon reason he wants konoha destroyed) As for Kabuto, I liked him better when he was just the loyal assistant/#2 man in the outfit. It was awesome seeing him as this weak nothing, then learning its all an act, then seeing him escape from kakashi like it was nothing. Only for him to get worfed up your orifice of choice by naruto and his new shiny toy.
    That's what I mean. Much better villains. They, at the very least were not hypocritical fraktards whose motivation was "ooh, I'm so hard done to! No-one has ever suffered like me before in history!"
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-30 at 03:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    That's what I mean. Much better villains. They, at the very least were not hypocritical fraktards whose motivation was "ooh, I'm so hard done to! No-one has ever suffered like me before in history!"
    What? Angst? In Naruto? Improssibru!
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Oh no, characters which are not evil because being evil is fun! How horrible!

Okay, yeah, between Pain and Obito and Itachi it's getting somehow boring with the "the world is such a horrible place, I need to change it". But the thing is, the ninja world they grew up in was pretty bad. Imagine you living your childhood killing people and having your friends killed all the time. I can see why they would want to change that. And it's not that they - for the most part - constantly whine about it.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    What? Angst? In Naruto? Improssibru!
    No, Naruto's childhood isolation and fear of the demon inside him (in what he might do if released) is angst. Hinata's fear she isn't good enough is angst. Etc etc.

Sasuke's and Pain's nonsense is just flat-out arrogant insane non-logic whining.

Pain's "I'm going to murder billions of people because my friend died" (and he literally said "billions" in the episode I watched yesterday) and them claim this is for the betterment of the world is just... I literally have no words appropriate to be re-iterated here. I mean, I knew the broad strokes of the plan (it was impossible to be reading fanfic and not be spoilered in that regard at the time), but what I thought I had gotten was the fact thy were going to use the tailed beasts as, like nuclear deterant and replace all the ninja villages with Akatsuki. So either I was totally missing the point, or the fanfic writers collectively treated Pain's canon with the contempt it deserved. (Or the English dub made kinda a major misstep somewhere.)

It'd be better if he was just doing out of sheer spite, because at least that wouldn't be so utterly, completely unfathomably... stupid as there aren't really not words to express what it actually is. That's right; I actually find SASUKE's "motivation" less retarded and more credible than Pain's. SASUKE'S.

Even Magneto, who is poster boy for this sort of thing, was quite cheerfully saying he was trying to commit mass genocide in the billions only for the betterment a particular segment of the population. And Pain is no Magneto, not even on Magneto's worst day.

There's just something about Pain, something about his smug, non-logical, idiotic self-righteousness that makes me want to tear his and Konan's souls into bloody fragments; not just to kill them but to break them in the most fundemental way possible. Heck, I thought Hidan seriously rubbed me the wrong way with his zealotry, but he's got nothing on Pain.

Sasuke, Itachi and Pain have achieved the unusual feat of not merely making me dislike them, but outright loathe them; they are only just a fractional hair above the Shi'Ar and Gladiator on my list of all time "things that need to have their souls disembowled with as much vicious violence and mindless screaming infinite and eternal pain as possible."

At least Madara/Tobi/whoeverthefrak he is seems to have a sense of humour.

You know what? This conversation has made me realise something completely horrifiying. I actually... I can't believe I'm saying this... I now actually feel a tiny, tiny, almost infinitesimal shred of sympathy for Sasuke.

I'm never going to feel clean again.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-30 at 08:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you don't care about spoilers Tobi...

Spoiler
    Show
    has a motive even MORE pathetic then Pain's. He turns out not to be Madara, but Obito, who is butthurt over the fact rin died at Kakashi's hands and is doing the whole mugen tsukyomi thing to create a world where he, Kakashi and rin can be together again. Yeah, not kidding on this one. He to gets an angsty flashback, even! Luckily, however, it turns out that Tobi/Obito is not the mastermind of the plot but rather the apprentice/protege and minion of the REAL Uchiha Madara, who gets resed by Kabuto but frees himself from the jutsu's hold WHILE RETAINING his undead properties and unlike Obito Madara seems to be purely a power-hungry **** who's also a REALLY sore loser.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

No, Naruto's childhood isolation and fear of the demon inside him (in what he might do if released) is angst. Hinata's fear she isn't good enough is angst. Etc etc.

Sasuke's and Pain's nonsense is just flat-out arrogant insane non-logic whining.

Pain's "I'm going to murder billions of people because my friend died" (and he literally said "billions" in the episode I watched yesterday) and them claim this is for the betterment of the world is just... I literally have no words appropriate to be re-iterated here. I mean, I knew the broad strokes of the plan (it was impossible to be reading fanfic and not be spoilered in that regard at the time), but what I thought I had gotten was the fact thy were going to use the tailed beasts as, like nuclear deterant and replace all the ninja villages with Akatsuki. So either I was totally missing the point, or the fanfic writers collectively treated Pain's canon with the contempt it deserved. (Or the English dub made kinda a major misstep somewhere.)

It'd be better if he was just doing out of sheer spite, because at least that wouldn't be so utterly, completely unfathomably... stupid as there aren't really not words to express what it actually is. That's right; I actually find SASUKE's "motivation" less retarded and more credible than Pain's. SASUKE'S.

Even Magneto, who is poster boy for this sort of thing, was quite cheerfully saying he was trying to commit mass genocide in the billions only for the betterment a particular segment of the population. And Pain is no Magneto, not even on Magneto's worst day.

There's just something about Pain, something about his smug, non-logical, idiotic self-righteousness that makes me want to tear his and Konan's souls into bloody fragments; not just to kill them but to break them in the most fundemental way possible. Heck, I thought Hidan seriously rubbed me the wrong way with his zealotry, but he's got nothing on Pain.

Sasuke, Itachi and Pain have achieved the unusual feat of not merely making me dislike them, but outright loathe them; they are only just a fractional hair above the Shi'Ar and Gladiator on my list of all time "things that need to have their souls disembowled with as much vicious violence and mindless screaming infinite and eternal pain as possible."

At least Madara/Tobi/whoeverthefrak he is seems to have a sense of humour.

You know what? This conversation has made me realise something completely horrifiying. I actually... I can't believe I'm saying this... I now actually feel a tiny, tiny, almost infinitesimal shred of sympathy for Sasuke.

I'm never going to feel clean again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    has a motive even MORE pathetic then Pain's. He turns out not to be Madara, but Obito, who is butthurt over the fact rin died at Kakashi's hands and is doing the whole mugen tsukyomi thing to create a world where he, Kakashi and rin can be together again. Yeah, not kidding on this one. He to gets an angsty flashback, even! Luckily, however, it turns out that Tobi/Obito is not the mastermind of the plot but rather the apprentice/protege and minion of the REAL Uchiha Madara, who gets resed by Kabuto but frees himself from the jutsu's hold WHILE RETAINING his undead properties and unlike Obito Madara seems to be purely a power-hungry **** who's also a REALLY sore loser.
    TADAAAAAH!!!!!

that's why Madara is a good viallin and Tobi is not. I reject sasuke becuase he is is just a whiney baby who can't set his properties straight (though he ahs been helped into this by his trollbrother itachi who was actually cool btw). for the rest every major cahracter has something bitchy, wangsty or even twangsty. some can be forgiven (itachy notable becuase of Danzo who is a bad mofo), but most of them are where they belong 6 ft under. that said naruto as the anti angst is just hilarious. (hence the blue color in my post)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    The mind boggles. That... change... doesn't even seem to be narratively sensible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making Madara not Madara but Obito (and thus proving the entire Uchiha clan was completely without any merit ever, and thus maybe showing they were right to be wiped out...) and then bringing Madara out again, with pretty much the same motivation that was ascribed to "Madara" before this new reveal? Why? Strikes me as cheap shock value, to honest. Maybe he's been taking lessons from Marvel and DC. The wrong lessons...Or maybe M Night Shamalanadingdongmerrilyonhigh...

How is it that Kishimoto has reached a point where his canon works actually end up being stupider than other people's fanfiction...? (And not necessarily even the good fanfiction, either...)

Heck, I think with my, albiet limited, understanding of the more recent happenings (because I don't read as much fanfic as I used to after it got increasingly difficult to find the good stuff), I think I've READ those "twists" in umpteen fanfictions long before the fact. He has actually started reading FF.net in English on the QT and hoping nobody notices he's pinching what is often the sillier fan ideas...?

If Naruto ever ends up doing a Groundhog day segment, we'll know for certain, I guess...

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

The mind boggles. That... change... doesn't even seem to be narratively sensible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making Madara not Madara but Obito (and thus proving the entire Uchiha clan was completely without any merit ever, and thus maybe showing they were right to be wiped out...) and then bringing Madara out again, with pretty much the same motivation that was ascribed to "Madara" before this new reveal? Why? Strikes me as cheap shock value, to honest. Maybe he's been taking lessons from Marvel and DC. The wrong lessons...Or maybe M Night Shamalanadingdongmerrilyonhigh...

How is it that Kishimoto has reached a point where his canon works actually end up being stupider than other people's fanfiction...? (And not necessarily even the good fanfiction, either...)

Heck, I think with my, albiet limited, understanding of the more recent happenings (because I don't read as much fanfic as I used to after it got increasingly difficult to find the good stuff), I think I've READ those "twists" in umpteen fanfictions long before the fact. He has actually started reading FF.net in English on the QT and hoping nobody notices he's pinching what is often the sillier fan ideas...?

If Naruto ever ends up doing a Groundhog day segment, we'll know for certain, I guess...
    nope, it's for now way better then Bleach
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    nope, it's for now way better then Bleach
    Well, if I am to believe the implications of my completely uninformed and second-hand knowledge of what other people have said on that subject, that may not be an especially difficult achievement...!

That is to say, I gather the more recent works have garnered a ...dubious reception from the fanbase...