New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Hueco Mundo - Las Noches Outskirts

Randi sits next to Tinja, with one foot dangling over the edge of the roof and the other resting on top. She leans back on her arms to watch.

Jyn'Hao's gonna win. Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    "Ean dos Ashezin..." He dips his head, not looking at her, but staring at the battle. He gives a sniff. "Their reiatsu is... Muddled... I cannot taste the stronger..."
    "Then i've got Kyoki. Good. Safe bets never give you that thrill of victory in quite the same way." Tinja considers Jyn'Hao, realizing that she has never truly seen him fighting full-out. The ability to blend into that sandstorm is pretty powerful. Cant say I remember seeing anything quite like it, at least in a couple decades. I wonder how it would fare against my own powers -- it would make it rather difficult to pinpoint him. Pretty sure i'm faster though.

Tinja blinked and looked away from the blinding red burst of continual Balas, glancing properly at the newcomer for the first time. She looks over him, frowns slightly to herself, and returns her attention to the battle. Ean. Your Reiatsu and clothes smell...different. You are not from Las Noches?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

[Hueco Mundo]
    Sexta's District

Valentina addresses Creon as she enters, and summarizes the events. "Creon," she says. "There is now no longer the position of El Rey de los Huecos. The two laws of the city are now thus: No killing another Arrancar of the city, and the strength of the city is the ultimate goal."

Now, she grabs another layer of clothing, a jacket, that had been conveniently lying around. She puts it on, covering her previous number on her shoulder. "I am now La Sexta Espada, as well. Any who desire this position may challenge me for it."

Now, onto the important part, what Creon was interested in. "Jehoel will visit the Seireitei tomorrow to..." Valentina, now looking directly at Creon, searches for the right word. "...negotiate. Negotiate with the Shinigami. I'll be accompanying him. Our next move will then be decided." She did volunteer, even though he didn't acknowledge that. Probably because everyone else was bothering him at the moment, as well. "You, as my Fracción, have a choice. You may either come along, or you may stay here and watch over my district." Either one could guarantee screen time: if he stays, she'll have him train with another Espada or Fracción or someone.

[Hueco Mundo]
    Sexta's District

Creon nods at the news, seemed to be what was expected after the primeras speech. Although it was strange he was trying to negotiate.

"Sure, I'll go doubtful anyone will try to break in and this sounds interesting at the very least."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (City Park)

The hollow is stabbed in the side as it howls in pain. It starts breathing short blasts of flame, but in its position its angles and trajectories are random at best. This time it's probably not getting back up.

(Pier)

Kenzan has absolutely no idea what he's doing. Whatever it is, he's pretty sure it's not doing much other than annoying the creature(s?) Between Caeyrn's blasts and Kenzan digging in further just trying to hold on, the hollow eventually has to focus all of its tentacles trying to pry Kenzan off, especially when two of them severely wounded by Caeyrn's arrows.

One tendril finally manages to grab Kenzan, capturing him between three mighty pincers, and squeezes on his limbs, hoping to break him open like a crab. Kenzan winces in pain as he tries in vain to get free. He probably would scream if one of the pincers wasn't pressing down on his throat.

There's a loud cracking noise and the creature roars. Not in victory but in pain, because somehow, for some reason, it's its own pincers that crack despite being far larger and stronger. Failing to crush Kenzan, the hollow tosses him straight up in the air, where once he comes back down he's about to fall directly on top of the hollow.

[Soul Society]
    (Reconnaissance Division)

Why not? Which part was why not? Kiba couldn't really tell. "Being a Kenpachi is more than just being the best fighter or killing the most or even being the captain of the Combat Division. It's not something that can just handed off to the next person in line because there is no line of succession. It's not something that can be claimed, it has to be earned."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    "Long term goal?" Kyoki says in a confused voice as she continues to try to block the multiple bala's and continues to get hit by the few that bypass her defences. Planning to defeat her with bug bites eh?

Kyoki steadied herself as she slashed once more. "Screech Gamma!" Shouted as an attack similar to her slashing Screech Beta move shoots towards Jyn'Hao.
    "I see." Jyn'Hao mumbles, moving back to the ground as he dodges the blasts as he finally breaks out his sonido. "It's all a waste of time then. Why be an Espada when you're just going to sit around and be lazy? How do you grow stronger if you don't plan. A waste of time."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Primera District

Daiki nods. "Then I'll go to make preparations. And get that new tattoo?"

The Segunda chuckles, before turning to leave…

[Soul Society]

"So… why can't you earn it, then?"

Akane's ears twitch slightly as she waits for the answer.

[Mortal World]
    City Park

And Hinata quickly moves behind the Hollow, easily avoiding the random thrashing as she swings her sword in a powerful left-handed slash to break the Hellhound's mask.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Academy

"Just out of curiosity," adds Peredur. "What were you planning on doing, anyway?"

]Mortal World[
    Pier

Caeyrn watches helplessly as the pincers grabbed Kenzan...but he was really relieved when everything turned out alright. He's glad the kid's stronger than he would look at first glance.

Continuing on with this strategy, the Quincy presses forward once again, this time, trying to get right up next to the Hollow. This, he assumes, will be close enough to at least momentarily distract the Hollow from Kenzan, even if for only a second or two.

He then uses his Seele Schneider Shield (I have really got to come up with a good name for that...how about Zornhau der Seelen?) to slice at the Large Hollow.

[Hueco Mundo]
    Sexta's District

Valentina nods. "Just remember to do what La Primera orders. We can't mess this mission up."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz

His mind was skittish "you probably don't know the first years" he paused looking the the noble "but Sho - the murderer - has an ally, Jou" he almost spat the name - "we need to kill her", wait Instructor Sato explained that she was not at fault - I accepted that, something was wrong but the image of the girls broken body kept flooding his mind, "then" what then "then we kill Sho?" no he knew when he didn't have the power for something his mind raced but he could not escape the thoughts of blood and death.

His eyes were wide with fright - and something else that could not be identified - as he met Peredur's eyes, the plan had seemed reasonable until he had stopped to consider and explain it - something was wrong - but the thought vanished quickly.

Spoiler
    Show

Effectively Tarriz is under the affect that I mentioned as general events above - how you want to handle this is up to Peredur but the affect will get worse before it gets better.
    If you are up for a second round Tarriz would be a more worthy opponent this time (though experience would still be intended to win out), you might also be able to talk him town.
    Or of course if you want to be affected as well - well that could be interesting.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-05-17 at 08:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Head Instructors Dojo)

Sho Sabitsura

She simply smiled - she had committed no wrong today, after all she had been told to prey on the weak to get strong so the medical supplies were almost an order. She lay her hand on the wall to get a feel for whatever her knife was up to.
    It essence was infusing the room and from their the building, but to what end she could not say - she had heard that materialisation was a part of bankai training, but the two had been growing apart lately not closer so that seemed odd.

Regardless she could not pull it out without first dealing with the current situation.

She waited for Sato to make his move, she did after all have all day. She would defeat him and retrieve her blade, or she would lose and it would be no concern of hers.

[Soul Society]
    (Head Instructors Dojo)

Jou Asura

She was terrified there was evil infusing the building and trying to setup a strangle hold on all that were in it - her no less then others.
    She wanted to run but she could not move her legs - feeling the malevolent delight of the entity.

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz

He tested his shoulder and found it working fine - "we will disagree then so, when society turns its back on what it right surely people should stand up for it themselves", that was almost from a text book and he wasn't to sure of the overall meaning, but it seemed appropriate.

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

General Events
    A student couldn't concentrate properly all morning, not on lectures or his friends or anything - the voice of his sword had finally spoken to him, and it demanded death, promising power in exchange showing him visions of bloodshed.

A instructor training a student struck them again harder then was expected and than again, she wanted to kill them, to rend them open and spread them wide, with her bare hands. She was seeing things all morning and now was starting to suspect that the students were to blame.

A guy was cutting himself certain that there was something in his blood, something that he had to remove.

These event were isolated but becoming more wide spread - for years Karia had been held in check always with Sho - no one to influence but her, but one day away and it was starting to find itself - it had a whole range of new targets now while its master was in no state or circumstance to bring it under control.
    Sato takes a step forward, but doesn't draw his weapon. He frowns, then looks at the floor. "What... Sho, take this thing and get it away from this school. We can settle this later, away from innocents, but your zanpakuto is wild, acting on it's own. You... You're not the one in charge, are you? Karia is the one in control, or trying to be. Go, Sho. We'll settle up later." He ignores her, grabbing Jou and carrying her away from the dojo.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Head Instructors Dojo)

Sho Sabitsura

Partnerships were all about control with both beings trying to move past each other - Karia had been in charge for much of her youth, she had seized power when standards had been enforced, and now the relationship was to be discussed again.

Taking the time to seal the room with a few layered barriers at the door and 'window' she moved to the center of the room and adopted a meditative stance.

(Inner World)

The skulls which formed the beach stretched forever backwards - forming mountains in the distance, and the blood of the sea churned and bubbled as it crashed onto them.
    And there trapped in the blood being churned and crushed to death were a number of students and instructors - representations of those that Karia was affecting currently, those that died yesterday were washed up on the beach, already leaving rotted skeletons. She noticed something new also a representation of Li - withered and beaten - but standing on the beach and recovering also, a mark that the captain was still affected but also would surpass it she supposed - that must eat Karia up, she smirked.

"You think it is funny that you lost" the representation if Li turned to her, its face rotted but healing "you think it amusing that you were bested by an old feeble creature like this" the representation smiled "you enjoy losing" before she could react the entity had closed the distance and struck her sending her crashing into the skulls which formed the bank of the beach, pulverising some of them along with she imagined shattering at least one of her ribs - her skin starting to bubble at the bruising from the atmosphere in the place.

"I have new agents now" it was not simple the Li representation talking but the skeletons at the beach had arisen and they gestured to those drowning - "and as soon as I form a permanent connection to one" the voice turned to a song "they you can die".

She forced herself to stand and examine the living "None are as strong" none were even close.
    The Li-thing was beside her again, its hand kindly but firmly on her shoulder - "true but once I subvert a Asauchi to become myself - well I can hunt down someone like you - a powerful child - and start all over again", the grip tightened and her shoulder bone cracked, and she felt the corrupted essence of Karia seep into it - trying to wither it from within "this time I might teach them better so that they don't rebel", the voice turned kind as it released her "I had such high hopes for you".

She needed to act Karia was not the kind to bluff - not really, and not like this. She could either find a way around this or she could die here and her skull would glisten the sand for the next owner to see.
    She needed to sever the connection to the others, too force the weapon to focus on her and bind it - trying that now would only result in it having escape routes.

"But how long would that take" she was almost pleading "we can work ... " as the thing grabbed her she was ready this time, it was strong but frail and her knee took its head off, landing it in the beach with the others.

"You tricked me" the head said, she ignored it.

"Show your real self", it was like she used to be focused on killing and there was no need to show itself for that, not when proxies would do - she didn't expect an answer, but she got one.

"All these years and your haven't figured it out", the skulls spoke in unison all of the drowning out all other things the sound alone trying to split her apart and reduce her to pulp, "I Am Everything" there was a finality to that.

"You need a host - you are nothing", she could goad it she knew, "you protect the weak" - she gestured at the bodies in the water "as you need them" her voice mocking "The strong should be able to stand alone, you need a master an owner, you need me - not the reverse", she drew herself to full height "now submit".

There was an eerie silence the waves had stopped the skeletons that had been advancing were still the bodies floated without bobbing are struggling then a lone voice rang out - that of a child she imagined "you can't force me to" it was curious rather then anything else.

It had seen her bluff for what it was "but you draw power from me - to target those students will weaken you more - much more. Attached to one of them you will be as nothing".

"Get stronger" the words were a command, but also acceptance or the idea.

(Head Instructors Dojo -> Monastery of the Ho-ou)
    Karia was resting in her hands again and its presence had been reduced in the area - her shoulder was broken and blistering and fluid was threatening to fill her lungs - but she had done it.

Reaching for the medical supplies she began to patch herself up lightly - before dropping the window barrier and escaping slowly back to the hospital, every Shunpo almost requiring a minute to recover from it was a long trip, twice she vomited up the contents of her stomach - the second time it seemed a black tar like bile that burned the top of the building mildly.

She collapsed int the bed without even resetting the window, she could reset the rest when she awoke - maybe, a weak barrier was all she could manage around Karia to try to hold the blade at bay it is was only playing with her.

[Soul Society]
    (Head Instructors Dojo)

Jou Asura

Held by the instructor she felt safer and protected, she was not sure where he was going - but anywhere was an improvement, the stress - and perhaps the hangover - finally got to her and she passed out for a time, checking herself when she awoke.

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

General Events

Around the academy people started to recover slowly from there madness, on alert from the day before she rushed to tell people in case it was a secret attack - but no answers were immediately forthcoming.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Hueco Mundo]
    Sexta's District

"Won't be a problem i'll just be there to observe, until things turn ugly at least."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Screech Gamma attack that Jyn dodged redirects itself so chase him as Ragunaroku's disembodied voice rings out across the sands as he says, "Nyaahahaha! That's a laugh and a half coming from the former Kings glorified attack dog. Roll over boy and I'll give ya a treat!"

Kyoki's response is much more calm manner, " I don't have all the details worked out, but I do have a basic plan. To look for answers. Beyond that, I don't know why it's your bussiness."

12. - Top - End - #762

Default [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Why am I unable to think up things for Valentina?

[Soul Society]
    Academy

Spoiler
    Show

I think it would be fun if Peredur was slightly affected, and they fought some, and Peredur finally unlocked his Shikai, which cleared his head.

However, due to my poor posting speed, I fear that it's slightly too late for that.

Peredur steps over to his sword, bends down, and picks it up. "That would not be a good idea to do," he says, for various reasons. "If you try to do that, I'll have to stop you."

[Hueco Mundo]
    Valentina's District

Valentina nods, and says, "Alright." That seems good enough for her.

She sits down, getting herself comfortable to think about everything that's happened. "If you wish to go train with someone before then, go ahead." Or there's a battle he could watch.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Hueco Mundo]
    Valentina's District

"Yea i wouldn't mind getting warmed up in preparation. Is there somewhere Arrancars spar in this city where i could find an opponent?"

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

No worries time is a little malleable with the scene anyway.
    The essentially idea of what is going on is that Karia is trying to infect people to drive them to murder, and supplant their Zanpakutos with itself.

On a more meta front I am thinking that Karia is essentially a fairly unique Zanpakuto type focused on corruption, as such peoples thought and abilities are growing more twisted - essentially they might be stronger then normal and more capable for taking hits, but this is at a cost of cellular damage as the body is converted into fuel.

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz

The guy was in league with them, how could he have missed it. "You traitor" he screamed his sword moving in a thrusting motion towards Peredur. Where the last time it had lacked speed and had been technically well executed this was much faster and shockingly stronger.

His reaisitu was also different clearly now that he was fighting - it was much more like the killing feeling that Peredur had encountered the day before - and it was eating at the Tarriz to draw out power out of him rather then in any way controlled.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

The Screech Gamma attack that Jyn dodged redirects itself so chase him as Ragunaroku's disembodied voice rings out across the sands as he says, "Nyaahahaha! That's a laugh and a half coming from the former Kings glorified attack dog. Roll over boy and I'll give ya a treat!"

Kyoki's response is much more calm manner, " I don't have all the details worked out, but I do have a basic plan. To look for answers. Beyond that, I don't know why it's your bussiness."
    Jyn'Hao ignores the taunt as he continues to move as he notes the movement of the blast. He tries to close the distance once more as he sonidos towards the female Arrancar, a smirk crossing his face.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Sawada's Office)

"Research... yeah... I can do that... right away..." Good news! She's no longer hyperventilating. Interestingly enough, she doesn't leave but instead takes the seat. Where she begins describing, from memory, every shred of information, data, and history available in the SSI archives complete with times, dates, numbers, names, sightings, and known capabilities. "...while research indicates there are still Quincy alive and practicing throughout the world today, the number of hollow-souls eradicated by Quincy practices is far less than the projected sightings, particularly in Euroasia. One proposed hypothesis is that at least certain factions of the Quincy might have altered their tactics to maim and not kill in order to preserve the balance or at least to avoid confrontation with Soul Society. Destroyed hollow souls in the North American region avoid this trend but have still significantly lessened since the 1957 incident in Texas." She gets color back in her face as she's infodumping, apparently this sort of thing is actually relaxing to her.
    "Wonderful. Alice, this is all information you should keep in mind down there. While they may have moved from their hostile stance since we wiped out one of their families...if they are not hostile I want you to find a way to broker peace with them. Help them. Same goes with the rest of the mortals. This is step one of what I hope will become the very salvation for all of Soul Society. Yumiko, I trust you'll do all that you can to record the information Ryuu and Alice brings back. If any of you feel the need to abort the project...the city sits above one of our Facilities. Detonate it if Las Noches become suspecious. We can't afford for the information to get into their hands. Are we all understood?" Sawada asks, giving the pair a piercing gaze.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kyoki has the Gamma attack chase after Jyn'Hao as he runs towards her. As he approaches she raises her other two swords to defend herself. She readied herself upon seeing the smirk on his face.

Soul Society-Combat Training Grounds

Naijeru smiles approvingly as he says to Suou, "Good, you reacted fairly well to an unexpected situation and attack. You adapt well. Now let's up the pace a little." With that Naijeru flash steps forward a grin on his face. He comes in a straight forward attack. His arms move a high speeds as he slashes with sword and sheath rapidly. If Suou were to occupied with his strikes she my miss the low kick that was aimed at her legs.

Mortal World- Downtown rooftops

Tamaki in his red Joker form nods at Naito as he says, "I am part of a group fighting against these creatures. There are only a few of us though. If you would like, we could really use your...No just extra help period would be nice."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-05-19 at 09:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Soul Society]
    (Sawada's Offices)

Alice meets Sawada's glance, nodding in response to the orders. Seemingly mulling over the assignment, Alice nevertheless speaks.

"Understood, Head Sorcerer. I will be as effective as possible in assisting Quincy and other Mortals during my stay."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Primera District

Daiki nods. "Then I'll go to make preparations. And get that new tattoo?"

The Segunda chuckles, before turning to leave…
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Primera District

Jehoel nods. Once Daiki has left, Jehoel removes one of his bracers, rolls up his sleeve and examines his right forearm, where his own tattoo remains. Then, he opens a Garganta and departs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mortal World- Downtown rooftops

Tamaki in his red Joker form nods at Naito as he says, "I am part of a group fighting against these creatures. There are only a few of us though. If you would like, we could really use your...No just extra help period would be nice."
    Mortal World
    Downtown Rooftops

Naito considers for a few seconds.

"Eh. Why not. Better exercise than my club duties, at least."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (City Park)

The hellhound hollow's mask is destroyed, and the hollow is finally purified. The fire department has arrived to put out the various unexplained fires, but for the most part it seems the conflict has ended. The Medusa Hollow is gone, its reiatsu having completely vanished some time ago while the three were busy with the other hollow.

(Pier)

As Caeyrn attempts to distract the hollow, its mask rears up to try and catch the tasty morsel it threw into the air. Kenzan falls down, though his trajectory is aimed right for the creature's gaping maw. Kenzan throws his arms out in front of him in more of a futile gesture than anything, but the unforeseen consequences of his action is his two arms skewer all the way through the hollow, ripping through its mask and insides as Kenzan falls all the way through to the water below the pier where makes a big splash. The giant hollow roars as it's destroyed, purified even, as if by a Zanpakuto.

(???)

As the images of masks form in its book, the enigmatic figure continues its frantic scribbling as it jots down the notes. "Excellent. The tests produced satisfactory results." The mask of the avian hollow appears in the book as the figure jots down further notes. "Harpy's full capabilities were not able to be tested as its opponent managed to take advantage of a significant blind spot behind the head. Some improvements will need to be made to cover that weakness in the futre." On another page, the two masks of the hollows that were sent to the pier materialize side by side. "Charybdis and Scylla performed as expected with superior defenses and long-range capability, as well as their unique ability to merge with and alter terrain. However in their combined form, their size became problematic in becoming too easy a target for ranged attacks and melee attackers became too difficult to target. Will research possible improvements." The next page had no mask materialize. "Countermeasures to cover for the Medusa's escape surpassed expectations. What was intended only to divide the attacking forces managed to draw their fire completely. Countermeasures were not required for the other two experiments.

"The next course of action will be to research improvements while suitable subjects are acquired for future experiments, while observations are conducted on the various opposing X factors."

[Soul Society]
    (Reconnaissance Division)

"In the Combat Division, the Kenpachi title, and the Captain position with it, can only be passed in a trial of single, fair combat. Only the Vice-Captain can challenge the Kenpachi. In turn only the Seated Officers can challenge the Vice-Captain for his position," Kiba adds somberly. "Since he was killed in a battle against an army, the Kenpachi died with his title. I don't know how anyone can legitimately claim the title now. I know the rules don't make a lot of sense, but they were made by the previous Kenpachi. Maybe they just didn't think them all the way through." Kiba suddenly realizes that Akane's gotten him to ramble, and gives her a suspicious glare. "You're acting weird today. Why are you so suddenly interested?"

(Sawada's Office)

Detonating the lab beneath the city? Of course Yumiko realizes Sawada meant after following proper evacuation procedure and desctruction of sensitive research material, and although she doesn't know the numbers, Yumiko's fairly certain that the self-destruction of the lab would not actually harm the city itself. That would be insane and... kind of evil. Nah, she's overthinking this. The Grand Sorcerer knows what he's doing. "Yes, sir. Speaking of which, I'll probably have the preliminary results of the research data gathered from the scanners you gave the mortals by now." Yumiko bows respectfully. "I should be back shortly." Unless stopped otherwise, she turns to leave, with the same bundle of papers and forms which turned out to be unnecessary.

20. - Top - End - #770

SolithKnightGuy

Soul Society
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Calvin shakes his head lightly. "That is all for now. I will relay your response to Captain Hikaru. Thank you for your time." Unless the captain has anything else to discuss with him, he will set off to return to Recon Headquarters.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    City Park

Hinata comes to a stop, breathing heavily and slightly painfully as her sister breathes out in relief, then hurries to the Substitute's side. "How bad?"

"Aaaah... first... maybe second-degree burns on my right arm..."

Natsuki cringes. "Let's check on Miya then get home so you can be patched up, then. Um..."

She turns to Hataru. "Sorry, I don't think we've been introduced."

[Hueco Mundo]
    Palacio of the Segunda

A few minutes after Aranita arrived back at the Palacio, Daiki appeared behind her. "We have some work to do."

[Soul Society]
    Recon Division

"So, that's it? There's no way to become Kenpachi, and only a Kenpachi may be captain? Well, what about the first Kenpachi, then? How did they gain the title?"

Heat rises in Akane's voice. "Giving up was never like you, Kiba-"

A pause. Akane breathes out, sighs. "...maybe I'm just feeling a bit reminiscent. Anyway. Sparring."

This, by now, is quite obviously uncharacteristic of Akane.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #772

Heuco Mundo
    Palacio of the Segunda

When Daiki finds Arañita, he will find that she has most certainly already made the place her home. She is lounging about, while at the same time, seemingly eying up the place, probably considering 'necessary' redecorations.
    "Oh? Does it involve your new tattoo because I've been thinking about that to, and I know just the place to put it.
    Even with all her flirting and joking ariund, Daiki, knowing her as he does, will know that she is ready to listen and carry out all he has to say her.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[Huerco Mundo]
    Palacio of the Segunda

"...exactly where the Tercera tattoo is, you mean?"

Daiki smiles at his Fraccion, before turning serious. "Actually, no. I've taken on the responsibility of holding any prisoners we might take during the coming war."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Sawada's Offices)

Alice meets Sawada's glance, nodding in response to the orders. Seemingly mulling over the assignment, Alice nevertheless speaks.

"Understood, Head Sorcerer. I will be as effective as possible in assisting Quincy and other Mortals during my stay."
    (Sawada's Office)

Detonating the lab beneath the city? Of course Yumiko realizes Sawada meant after following proper evacuation procedure and desctruction of sensitive research material, and although she doesn't know the numbers, Yumiko's fairly certain that the self-destruction of the lab would not actually harm the city itself. That would be insane and... kind of evil. Nah, she's overthinking this. The Grand Sorcerer knows what he's doing. "Yes, sir. Speaking of which, I'll probably have the preliminary results of the research data gathered from the scanners you gave the mortals by now." Yumiko bows respectfully. "I should be back shortly." Unless stopped otherwise, she turns to leave, with the same bundle of papers and forms which turned out to be unnecessary.
    "Thank you, both of you. I look forward to the data you bring in. Remember that this is for the betterment of all Soul Society. I will forward you further information on this plan in the coming days. Be attentive." Sawada bows, smiling a little before returning to his work.

Kyoki has the Gamma attack chase after Jyn'Hao as he runs towards her. As he approaches she raises her other two swords to defend herself. She readied herself upon seeing the smirk on his face.
    "Nope." Jyn'Hao shouts, suddenly sonido'ing up before taking the brunt of the cero, using the explosion to give him force to barrel towards his opponent. Though the sand absorbed a good deal of the explosion, Jyn'Hao is quite obviously bleeding all over the place.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-05-20 at 07:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kyoki's eyes widened at Jyn'Hao's enhanced approach. She brought her blades to bear in a traingular formation as she and Ragunaroku hastily charged a Cero in the center of the triangle to try and deter Jyn's attack. Though Kyoki was confident in her Heirro it never hurt to be careful.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Jyn'Hao lets out a howling cry, a powerful cero forming before him as the sand in the air suddenly pulls forward to turn the beam of energy into a tremendous and terrible drill that only increases in size as he screams forward with the boosted speed.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Head Instructors Dojo)

Jou Asura

Held by the instructor she felt safer and protected, she was not sure where he was going - but anywhere was an improvement, the stress - and perhaps the hangover - finally got to her and she passed out for a time, checking herself when she awoke.
    When Jou awoke, she was laying on a couch in Sato's office, a cup of hot tea on the table next to her.

[Mortal World]
    (City Park)

The hellhound hollow's mask is destroyed, and the hollow is finally purified. The fire department has arrived to put out the various unexplained fires, but for the most part it seems the conflict has ended. The Medusa Hollow is gone, its reiatsu having completely vanished some time ago while the three were busy with the other hollow.
    [Mortal World]
    City Park

Hinata comes to a stop, breathing heavily and slightly painfully as her sister breathes out in relief, then hurries to the Substitute's side. "How bad?"

"Aaaah... first... maybe second-degree burns on my right arm..."

Natsuki cringes. "Let's check on Miya then get home so you can be patched up, then. Um..."

She turns to Hataru. "Sorry, I don't think we've been introduced."
    "Hataru. Here, let me see what I can do about your sister." Spinning his spear, he holds the open hand out to her and touches her arm, healing as much as he could.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

28. - Top - End - #778

[Huerco Mundo]
    Palacio of the Segunda

"...exactly where the Tercera tattoo is, you mean?"

Daiki smiles at his Fraccion, before turning serious. "Actually, no. I've taken on the responsibility of holding any prisoners we might take during the coming war."
    Arañita shifts into a more comfortable position, then smiles very warmly at Daiki, pride flashing across her face.
    "That is so very you. Yes. And how may I be of assistance oh great Segunda Espada? What exactly is the work you were talking about right now?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    City Park

Hinata blinked as her arm started to heal, the burns certainly not disappearing, but reducing in severity. "Ah... thank you, Hataru-san. That's a good ability to have...

How much do you know about what we fought?"

Meanwhile, Natsuki looks around, her bow disappearing and the Quincy slotting the Seele Schneider back into her belt as she checks to see where Miya is...

[Hueco Mundo]
    Palacio of the Segunda

"Well, right now we don't exactly have somewhere we could hold prisoners, do we? I was thinking your Resurreccion could aid in making restraints for when we need them. But there are other things that need to be arranged, we'd need to construct an actual facility...

I plan to put out a call for additional Fraccion, as well as Arrancar who could serve as guards."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-20 at 07:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kyoki continues charging the Cero to get more power behind it. A few seconds after Jyn fires his own Kyoki fires her's. She knew that an ordinary Cero would not be able to fully hold back the specialized Cero that Jyn launched. However it would lessen the power of his attack. She just needed to get him in close...