New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

BH

''You say we are so strong, that nobody can threaten us, then that we lack power? That’s a bit contradictory.''

''I offer you insults in that I do not believe we should drop our guard in Shattered Lands. Of all the factions in Sav Altulus, the last one I expected to do so were Wardens.''

Edit: ''You haven't offered any sensible alternatives. I don't see you injecting prudence and pragmatism.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-26 at 04:32 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

"I am our guard in the Shattered Lands and I am telling you that there is no threat to the City in sight unless someone does something stupid that causes the Warlords to believe we are a major enough threat to get over their hatred for each other.

We are strong enough to defeat anyone who cares about us, and small enough to avoid the attention of the rest.

My sensible alternative would be to not declare ourselves an Empire and build up a massive army before we are sure that we'll be ready to go all the way, through all the rivers of blood and forests of swords that that road will entail, to face everything this world has to throw at us and our ambition. My opinion is that we are not ready."
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-12-26 at 04:35 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vasari remains silent for a few minutes, pondering something.

''You are the expert on the Warlords. If what you say is true, then we should put the plans of expansion aside. We can limit military expenditures to construction of fortifications and focus the resources of the city on improvement of industry and trade, as well as restoration of our ancient culture. The Wardens would be sufficient to keep the Warlords at bay.''

Edit: (after your edit)

''I doubt such military build-up will go unnoticed. But it can work.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-26 at 04:46 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Palace talks
    "I thank Lord Founder for his opinion.
    It's a valuable one, and we all should take it into account.

The Wardens offer the City a great service in the Shattered Lands.

There may be different views on the matter that are causing this differences between them and the good Doctor.

The Wardens may be right when they say we are not ready to take on the world.
    But if we don't unite and start preparing, we'll never be.

If we choose a Lord Protector, he should be a man wise enough to know this, and avoid direct war with the warlords unless it was necessary.

It would be beneficial to have a Standing Army in town. It would free the Wardens, the Militia and so on to allow them to be more effective in the Shattered Lands.

Of course, the Wardens should be left free in the Shattered Lands to do as they please in the meantime, doing what they do best.

However, I believe the debate is stalling.
    We are not discussing the key points anymore, so I have a proposal. I call for a vote.

First, let me put the following conditions: we vote for yes or no, leaving discussions for later.

By voting, we state that the decission of the meeting is to be taken by simple majority, and agree to go forward with the results of the vote, wether it pleases us or not.

This is to prevent further stalling by those who lose the vote.

If you don't agree with any of the conditions, don't vote. The less votes, the less valid the decission.

I'm trying to see if there is consense to move forward.

This is the proposal:

Do you, Members of Sav Atulus Second Great Council Meeting, agree to the following?

1 - To elect a Lord Protector within this walls now?

2 - To give the Lord Protector the authority to command the standing army of Talidor?

3 - To form the first draft of the Talidor Standing Army by lending soldiers and resources to the government?

4 - To allow the Government to form the definitive Army in 6 months?

5 - To allow the Lord Protector to give different legal standings to the different guards of the City, organizing them and giving them different duites in peace and war?

(Legions would be semi-independant military forces with specific focuses, such as the Wardens. They should focus on their mission and colaborate with any wars the City is inmersed in. Watches would be civil guardian groups, in charge of preventing crimes within the City, but could be called to help in case of a siege or a catastrophe).

6 - To give the Lord Protector power to conduct the foreign policy, acting as the voice of Talidor in dealing with the foreign nations?

7 - To give the Lord Protector command over the resources of the city in times of crisis, when lives and welfare of the citizens are threatened?

8 - To give the Lord Protector the power to organize independent investigation in abuses of law and in cases of gross corruption and treason?

9 - To demand the Lord Protector to stabilize the situation in former Blackfist territory in Runner's City and Wren territory should they leave town with the force lent to him by the Factions, so to prevent further bloodshed?

10 - To demand the Lord Protector to allow the City Factions to peacefully intervene in such neighbourhoods starting next month, without favoritisms?

11 - To demand the Lord Protector to organize an Assembly next month, representing with justice all factions of the City?

12 - To give such an Assembly the power to rewrite and renovate laws?

13 - To give the Assembly the power to destitute the Lord Protector in grounds of proven incompetence or corruption, with a two third vote?

14 - To demand to the Assembly the duty of outlining the principles of the definitive government?

We answer YES, to all questions.

We would ask a question on the matter of declaring Sav Atulus as the Capital of the Restored Kingdom of Talidor; but if the Wardens say we are not ready, then we are not ready.

And may the Gods, our forefathers, and the Country look upon us with pride today."

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

"We can decide what the Lord Protectors powers would be, but we should not be voting on how he uses them. Questions nine and ten are thus unnecessary."

"Question eleven should not be the duty of the Lord Protector. Those of us at this meeting can form the assembly now."

"Likewise, fourteen should be done by us. Defining the assembly is part of defining the government after-all."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-26 at 05:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

"Some of us do not value voting as a decision making tool. But I will concede this point. "

"You mentioned my territory. I would ask personally, that the Lord Protector and city factions not intervene immediately. I know the neighbourhoods, and they won't fall into anarchy without my influence."
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-12-26 at 05:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Votes:
    Elect Lord Protector: Yes
    Command over National Army: Yes
    First Draft: Yes (vote changed)
    Definite Army: Yes
    City Watch Status: Yes
    Foreign Policy: Yes
    Emergency Powers: Yes
    Independent Investigations: Yes
    Blackfists & Wren Stabilization: No
    Intervention Right: No
    Assembly: Yes
    Legislative Power of Assembly: Yes
    Deposition of Lord Protector: No
    Outlining Principles of Government: Yes

''I find that we slink in shadows and cower before the Warlords, rather than announcing, who we are with pride, to be unworthy of the Talidor legacy, but I’ll follow the will of the Great Council.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-26 at 05:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Give the Lord Protector the power to define the Assembly as he sees fit? No. No way. What would be the point?

And how would we elect him now? Voting? I believe that if we do not reach an unanimous decision, we'll be splintering the City even worse.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #819

NinjaGuy

Ambrose: Questions 9 and 10 are not about power, but responsability.
    I think that is quite enlightening you don't get that.

And you can't possibly think that we will get somewhere on the debate to form a definitive government here.
    That will be a long job, that should be done by an assembly formed specifically to do so.

Warden: By voting, yes.
    The proposal did say that the Assembly should represent everyone, is that not right?
    And the Protector wouldn't define the Assembly, heavens no. If anything, the Assembly would define everything else.

I don't see what you have against voting. Do you not choose your leaders in such a way, in an union of equals?

Doctor: I see that I missed something in question 4. The "First draft" would be the factions temporarily lending forces to the Lord Protector, so he can begin his job.
    I can understand if you disagree though.

(He passes a small note to the Doctor)

Spoiler
    Show
    "I see there is a problem regarding the way the Lord should intervene in the Fist's former territories. How do you propose we do this?
    I assume you won't propose to let things fix themselves. The Fist neighbourhoods will fall to anarchy, and factions are destined to clash if we do.

I'm trying not to bring this topic to the main discussion to avoid stalling the debate further, which is why I ask you like this."
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-12-26 at 05:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

The proposal as stated says that the Lord Protector would organize the Assembly. There is nothing said about the specific powers of the Assembly nor who it would consist of.

Warden leaders are chosen based on merit, with tried and trusted Commanders deciding. And the decision must be unanimous. If someone is chosen with ultimate authority over the choosers, a simple majority vote has the potential of leaving a large minority unsatisfied, which is a recipe for disaster.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

''Ah, a temporary draft. Then I change my vote to yes in fourth issue.

[Edited]

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe Wren territories would stay stable for a time and as such they won't require extra effort.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-12-26 at 05:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the last words of the Wren, I agree. It would be a blessing to have less places to stabilize.

Do you propose that we seek to stabilize the territories and allow the factions to intervene next month, or allow tem to this month? I proposed that to avoid conflicts between groups.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

"You are proposing we vote on whether we should demand the Lord Protector to stabilize the situation in former Blackfist territories. That is not something we can vote on."

"An appropriate vote would be, 'Should the Lord Protector be responsible for ensuring the safety of citizens in neighbourhoods with no central authority?"

"We would then leave it up to the Lord Protectors discretion as to whether he feels the Blackfist and/or Wren territories require intervention."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-12-26 at 05:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

''That certainly makes sense.''

15. - Top - End - #825

Command over National Army: Yes
    First Draft: No. The guard organisations in my neighborhoods cannot spare the men.
    Definite Army: Yes
    Independent Investigations: Yes
    Intervention Right: No
    Deposition of Lord Protector: No
    Outlining Principles of Government: Yes
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

BH

''Lord Founder, theoretically, we can spare some guards from the Blackspell Watch, though I wouldn't command such action alone, as it would exceed their mandate of protecting the Blacksgage District.''

17. - Top - End - #827

NinjaGuy

"Also, the conditions do say "resources". Factions who lacked guards could lend other resources like agents, magic or money."

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

Do you, Members of Sav Atulus Second Great Council Meeting, agree to the following?

1 - To elect a Lord Protector within this walls now? YES

2 - To give the Lord Protector the authority to command the standing army of Talidor? YES

3 - To form the first draft of the Talidor Standing Army by lending soldiers and resources to the government? YES

4 - To allow the Government to form the definitive Army in 6 months? YES

5 - To allow the Lord Protector to give different legal standings to the different guards of the City, organizing them and giving them different duites in peace and war?

(Legions would be semi-independant military forces with specific focuses, such as the Wardens. They should focus on their mission and colaborate with any wars the City is inmersed in. Watches would be civil guardian groups, in charge of preventing crimes within the City, but could be called to help in case of a siege or a catastrophe). NO. Legions should be dependent on the government, and not semi-independent in any way. The other parts, however, I support.

6 - To give the Lord Protector power to conduct the foreign policy, acting as the voice of Talidor in dealing with the foreign nations? NO. The Lord Protector runs the army. We need a diplomatic leader to conduct our foreign policy.

7 - To give the Lord Protector command over the resources of the city in times of crisis, when lives and welfare of the citizens are threatened? YES, but we need to decide how to decide what are "times of crisis"

8 - To give the Lord Protector the power to organize independent investigation in abuses of law and in cases of gross corruption and treason? NO - this should be the job of a judicial system separate from the military and law making bodies

9 - To demand the Lord Protector to stabilize the situation in former Blackfist territory in Runner's City and Wren territory should they leave town with the force lent to him by the Factions, so to prevent further bloodshed? NO

10 - To demand the Lord Protector to allow the City Factions to peacefully intervene in such neighbourhoods starting next month, without favoritisms? YES

11 - To demand the Lord Protector to organize an Assembly next month, representing with justice all factions of the City? NO. The Lord Protector should deal with the military, not the law making Assembly

12 - To give such an Assembly the power to rewrite and renovate laws? YES

13 - To give the Assembly the power to destitute the Lord Protector in grounds of proven incompetence or corruption, with a two third vote? YES

14 - To demand to the Assembly the duty of outlining the principles of the definitive government? YES

These are the start of a good government, however you are trying to grant every form of power in the city to the Lord Protector - he commands the military, will start up the law making body, investigate crime, and deal with diplomatic relations, all at once? A man should have one job. That way, he may do that one job very well. Giving the Lord Protector (which, by the way, needs a new name. There is nothing that says the top military commander in the city is part of the nobility) that many jobs is a way to make sure that none of them are done well.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

The Sausage Guild

To the SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Champion's of Sovereignty
    We are wary of accepting any such redistribution of assets. Quite frankly without very careful scrutiny the chances are very high that those forces are simply wearing false allegiances while their true masters bide their time. We agree that there is simply to many calls for our agents to be sure that such a switch was true.

SGA business
    We would prefer to handle the business of the SGA. We have full confidence in the Trader's abilities, but our offices are closer to the center of the SGA, and we have much better access to the rest of Sav Altulas which we can let the SGA make use of. Plus to be frank the Mercantile Guild has been targeted several times for large scale attacks. If such a thing happens again in the future we would not want SGA operations disrupted.

Blackfist Territories
    We have our own internal matters to attend to this month, and would really rather not send forces into Runner's City. We do not desire authority there, simply the right to run our Metro through the area to finish the connection between the two edges. We are willing to send forces into Fat Tippest to reclaim that segment and ensure the Blackfist left no dangerous traps. We could also maintain order while we do so if necessary.

To House Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like permission to extend our metro under the Tremorous neighborhood.

To Bloodhaven/Zemalac (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where do you wish the vault to be located?

We have already taken steps to preserve the poison.

(GM: This is correct right. I'm fairly sure I noted that I wanted samples taken at some point.)

To the Exchange, Ambassadorial Guard, and Conductor
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to meet to discuss strengthening the ties of those of us who make our homes in the Gilded district in these somewhat turbulent times.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Bugbear in the Playground

Church of Neposh

1) No, he is not needed right now
    2)Yes
    3) No
    4) No
    5) No, and the church's military will not allow the unfaithful to lead them unless war is upon us.
    6) Yes
    7) Possibly, but criteria need to be defined for when the Lord Protector can step in.
    8) No, We believe the Assembly would work better for investigations
    9) No
    10) No
    11) No, the Assembly shouldn't be appointed by the Protector, it should be created another way.
    12) Yes
    13) Yes
    14) Yes

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

Elect Lord Protector: Yes, assuming we go with unanimous vote. Otherwise, no.
    Command over National Army: Maybe. Currently, there is no such thing. This is conditional on the Lord Protector having true military experience.
    First Draft: No. What resources? How much? How do we divide the burden evenly? What does the Lord Protector do with all these resources exactly?
    Definite Army: Yes, go ahead.
    City Watch Status: Yes, but only those organizations that aren't already under the umbrella of a larger group.
    Foreign Policy: Yes, though everyone has their own opinions of outsiders and contacts abroad.
    Emergency Powers: Maybe, conditional on the definition of 'emergency'.
    Independent Investigations: Yes. Everyone can do that.
    Intervention Right: No. What do you mean 'allow'? Is he going to disallow peacefully intervening without a permit or something?
    Assembly: Maybe, conditional on full clarification on how exactly this Assembly is organized and what it entails.
    Legislative Power of Assembly: No. Assembly advises and can remove the Lord Protector. Nothing more.
    Deposition of Lord Protector: Yes.
    Outlining Principles of Government: No. Clarify what exactly this entails.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    What are you able to contribute to the walls this month? I can only provide a couple points of wealth, but I will be sending over Chief-Engineer Sorenson and his boys to oversee construction.

command of national army: Yes
    First draft: Yes
    standing army: Yes
    Private Investigations: Yes
    Blackfist/Wren Stabilization: NO
    Intervention Right: NO
    Deposition of Lord Protector: NO

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens to Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

I can either contribute my Wealth (5) to the wall construction or, probably more efficient, put that into constructing a stone quarry in the hills so we have access to cheaper materials for the wall construction in the future.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild-Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm...I have contacts who could secure us the materials for fairly cheap, but I agree that improving the quarry could be more useful.

So I propose that we put it on hold this month and put our full resources towards it later. Next month I could promise more wealth, Chief-Engineer Sorenson plus a decent amount of laborers from the UAL.

25. - Top - End - #835

NinjaGuy

Lord Wallen spoke to he Ram:

On 5) The Legions and Watches would be what the faction armies are now.
    For example, the Wallen Troopers would become Gleamers Legion; the Ram Revolutionary Army would be the Ram Legion, the Wardens the Warden legion and so on.

All professional military groups within town that make an oath to the City and the Civil Government would be considered a Legion. They would keep their officers and their loyalty to their faction; said officers would be included in the Talidor Army chain of command (And thus be eligible to take command in campaigns ordered by the central government).

The Legions would receive official missions, and would be obligued to colaborate with the Lord Protector to solve crisis, or to fight in wars should the City be inmersed in one.

The only Army that would be under the direct command of Officers elected by the Lord Protector would be the Talidor Standing Army, once formed.

The Protector would coordinate actions when different military groups colaborate in a mission.

The Watches would be the other fighting groups in town: The bodyguards, the mercenaries, the policemen. Think of the Ram Police, the Blackspell Watch or the White Capes.
    They are in charge of Civil Order in their neighbourhoods, and of trapping criminals. The City can't send them to battle since they are not trained for that, and they don't normally receive orders from the Lord Protector.
    However, the watches would be eligible to help in the defense of the City should we come under siege.

By offering an oath to the City, and working alongside with the EBSA and the Lord Protector we could build a city-wide police force. No longer we would have to negotiate to pursue criminals from neighbourhood to neighbourhood, since the watches would colaborate.

On 6) I'm proposing for the Lord Protector to be a civilian who acts as a contact between political matters and military matters.
    He wouldn't run campaigns directly himself, but trust in the Generals to take those matters in their hands.

He would be in charge of Diplomacy, of allocating city resources, and of organizing the Talidor Army chain of command.

And, before anyone says anything, no. It can't be done by anyone, I see. It should be a person of particular talent.

On 8) It seems to concern you only, but we can drop it from the final decission if it makes you wary.

On 11) I'm merely pointing out something that I see as a responsability of the Lord Protector.
    Enforcing the creation of an Assembly to solve once and for all the discussion of the definitive form of government in the City should be his duty.

I don't know what you think, or what does the rest of the meeting thinks.
    but I'll tell you this: We are not solving the matter of the definitive government. Not tody, not tomorrow.

It's too long, too complex. It will take a long debate, and we don't have all day.

If we name a Lord Protector, and state that he must call for an Assembly of all factions next month, and organize it so everyone is represented, we can be sure he'll do it.

Because, no matter who this Lord is, he will need to obey the oaths he makes now to keep the faction's support, wether he likes those oaths or not.

Then he spoke to the Wardens:
    The question of the resources and the first draft is a good one. I'd say that it depends on who we name as Lord Protector, and his first plans.

And, on "outlining principles of government", I meant that the Assembly should have a very long, very throughout debate on what does the City wants to the future and its government, like many things we are discussing here (How much power does the nobles and commoners have, who runs the military, who makes the laws and so on).

Then, they should put it in paper.
    And then, the true government of the City is really born.

Wether that government is a monarchy, a republic or anything I don't know.
    By the gods, they could crown the Wren as a god-emperor for all I know.

But what comes out of that assembly will be stable and definitive, coming from such a debate.

Finally, most people seem to be against the Lod Protector intervening in the Blackfist territories (I'll leave the Wren territories out of this, trusting that he is right and they won't revolt).

How do you propose we do this? Just allow anyone to enter and do as they please? What will happen when two factions send troops to the same place?
    Who will step in when the remaining gangs revolt?

For all we know, we could have three or four battles this month.
    That is why I suggested Protector intervention.

It would be a test, we could see how does this idea works with a man directing the efforts of our men. And I did state that factions would be allowed to intervene peacefully next month, with little to no risk of riots and blood.

What I mean with "Intervention rights" (Which is not what I said at all); is that the Lord would allow peaceful intervention (As in, allowing any faction to intervene) after the situation is stable.
    And he would act as a contact between contending factions, to avoid fighting over territory.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution:

((#5, #6, #9, and #11 are changed to YES in my previous posting, after the elaboration by Lord Wallen.))

"After your explanations, I have decided to change my vote on propositions 5, 6, 9, and 11. My objection to your 8th point remains, however. Don't feel that you must remove it simply on account of me - while I can't deny that it make me wary, I can't really call myself a democrat if I expect you to remove something I don't like when the majority of the city wants it. However, I want it noted that I disagree with the idea, even if it is implemented. For posterity, if you will, or if you want a more somber reason, so that if we ever have to look back after overthrowing our rebel Lord Protector, someone might remember that I raised this point."

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

[b]SGA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    SGA Central:
    I do not object to the Sausage Guild handling the actual SGA infrastructure. They are technically in control of the Commerce Hall and do have the largest army to protect it.

Peace in Runners-City:
    I am directing General Brador, 4 MIL, Cecile and 7 ESP to helping keep the peace in those neigbourhoods formerly controlled by Blackfist Brotherhood.

Lord Wallen: Though technically they will be operating under General Bradors commands, they have orders to work under your banner. Use them wisely...

Guilds Watch
    So, since no one objected when I last proposed this, I have already issued orders that a joint organization known as the Guilds Watch be formed. This group, similiar to the Blackspell Watch, will have the authority to act in any SGA neigbourhood to catch criminals, smugglers and other miscreants. I am taking responsibility for recruitment, training and arming them. All I ask from the SGA is that they make a note in their [EoT] that they recognize the authority of the Watch...Details can be hammered out after the basics are laid.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wild Mages of Longspeak Tower [1]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Hello. I’m here since I somewhat dislike blood and fighting. So I was looking for a way to perhaps avoid it.''

''First, I’d like to point to the fact, that if you were to say, ''Nope. We aren’t with Blackfists, we follow the great moon prawn Kachulu'', a lot of people with swords and guns would no longer wish to meet you. Crazy huh?''

''But well. You might say. Blackfists brought all that wallpaper. What’cha bringing to the party Vasari? Well, let me propose the following. In my travels, I have come across a number of substances that allowed one to see very odd things, smell the music and hear the smells, fly into the center of their mind and such similar things. Now you say that you experience those when you take a morning walk, but have you considered mixing the two? Wouldn't you want to know how that would feel? I've got the skill to start mixing a batch of stuff, if you've got volunteers to test it.''

''And even if that turns to be a bust, if we work together and get a formula, that can allow one to be one with Longspeak Tower, I’m pretty sure there’ll be certain people knocking on your doors, offering to paint your house and pantaloons gold for it. You heard about me. My word is silver. I say I'll do something, that something gets done. What do you say?''

[Okay... Going to treat Wild Mages as ''wild'' party dudes, running on a crazy mix of weed and LSD. Let's see if it works.]

Peacocks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I’ll be supporting you in acquisition of the Harrowing Fields with 4 [ESP]''

''I’ve been thinking. We have been demonstrating our power. How many gangs of violent brutes without a sense of style remain in the city to oppose us? With Wren and his thieves leaving, our outfit has no competition in the shadows. And in the daylight, where watches and lawmen grow like mushrooms, I have my connections to make them blind, if need be. Perhaps we should inform the city underworld that they should fall in line?''

''Let the Johns on the streets know, that if they aren’t with the Peacocks, they should start running. Let all of the smugglers pay their respects at the Painted Court. Let the street crook and the alley thief know, that if he got a job with Peacocks, he got it made. And those that we don’t need or don’t want – let them know, that they shouldn’t disrespect us. That if we say jump, they’d better jump.''

[So… taking control over the city underworld. I plan to do a [REP] action to make them an offer, they can’t refuse. I doubt Peacocks want to be involved in thievery or violent crimes, but having power to command fear over thieves & bandits, would mean Peacocks can have perfect order in their territories and call on criminals to do work for them. Plus some can be recruited as informants or enforcers, if Peacocks expand in gambling & running Harrowing Fields business.]

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Blackfist Territories

''I'll try a diplomatic solution with the Wild Mages - if fighting could be avoided, that would be for the best. We mustn't endanger the Tower.

''If it succeeds we can concentrate of restoring order to the Smokeyards. I'd like to confirm, that the Factories would be restored to their rightful owners. The SGA must protect the right of property. I'll send my forces and with your permission see, if certain friendly factions could be made to assist the effort.''

SGA Central

''I don't mind Sausage Guild.''

Guilds Watch

''I'll see about assistance, though at this point, it probably wouldn't be much. I do believe Ansigiris are doing a fine job in Gilded, but Guilds Watch can secure the Stacks and assist other watch organizations, affiliated with SGA.''

ESBA/Mercantile Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

''We'd like to establish Guilds Watch, to protect the territories of the Guilds. We request official certification and training in the matters of law for the Watch, so they can prosecute criminals with due diligence and following the city's legal system.''

Little Zanchar

Crooks and Thieves. You have seen the justice done to the criminals, who have threatened the peace of Little Zanchar the previous month. You have seen the power brought against the transgressors. I'm giving you a warning. There shall be no more crime in the Little Zanchar or you will be brought to justice - swiftly and harshly.

Honest folk of Sav Altulus and our foreign visitors. Come, shop and dine in the Little Zanchar. Partake in fine wines and fill your belly, fearing not for some mugger in dark alley to catch you unaware, for Market Guard and its friends guard the streets of Little Zanchar.

Market Guard/Mercantile Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''If as much as an apple gets stolen, feel free to inform me. I'll make certain the criminal is in the cell of Gatehouse Prison by the sunrise. The less people fear their purses cut, the fatter purses they would bring to your fine establishments. I hope that little demonstration of what happens to those who disrupt peace of the Little Zanchar will leave a lasting impression. If not, we'll just reinforce it.''

''The Mercantile Guild is organizing Guild Watch to protect the order. Would you be able to spare either coin or training [I guess MIL/MOR...] for such endeavor?''

Sausage Guild/Zemalac[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Location: I'd say Southside Black (my territory in Blacksgage). Fitting place.

''Excellent. I'll put 4 [MAG] to replicating the poison. Let the weapon of our enemies, become our own.''

''You are sending troops to restore order in the Blackfist territories. My associates wish to establish control over one of them. Nothing overt - they are most subtle in their methods. Can I count on your silent consent? If a shipment of your famed spicy sausages can be delivered to certain place, that would be most fine as well. Once the people get a taste for them a permanent trade arrangement could be worked out to fill the coffers of your Guild.''

Zemalac
    Spoiler
    Show

Verdan

Don't forget my question to Verdan about prosthetic arm filled with weapons (hmm... Guts from Berserker style?) for Bloodhand. How much is their best offer? If it's more then 8 WEL, do they have variants for 8 & 4 WEL?

P.S. Counting on Gerard Neilson's goodwill. We provided Gaspar Aeroyard for a price of a few words of advice... If his master, the mad scientist, can work on the hand, that would be nice.

LSD

I'll be making LSD for Wild Mages. Well, the best equivalent I can muster - reading on wiki it's made from some grain fungus. Hopefully they can give a few pointers, if they accept my offer.

Laudanum (if I didn't mix up the name)

I think you mentioned Clerks in Gilded use Laudanum to stay away through the night to work on their account books? Would that be a viable business expansion for Peacocks? And will it require MOR actions to effect the switch as in Sky District?

Wren [7]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Would you allow me to copy certain passages from the notes on Bloody Arts, for my hospital research?''

29. - Top - End - #839

NinjaGuy

Palace talks
    Current status
    To elect the Lord Protector: Mercantile Guild, Ram, ESGE, Bloodhaven

Maybe elect one: Wardens (Unanimous vote, I count it as a no)

Don't elect: Neposh, Champions? Wren

Votes pending: Heladuits, silversmiths, Technists, EBSA. Am I missing anyone?

I believe we have a consense here. I would like the remaining factions to cast their vote, though.

Should the consense be a possitive one, who should be the Lord Protector?

SGA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I ask the Technists, Silversmiths, Heladuits to cast their votes in the Meeting. We may get a government after all.

On the Walls issue, I will contribute with the Masons Guild.

On the Guilds Watch, I will contribute to arm the Guilds.

I don't mind the sausage Guild running SGA infrastructure.

Finally, I will only intervene in Blackfist territory as a legitimate part of the government.
    Otherwise, I'll keep my forces home to regain our strenght.

Merchants, can you get me Fire Weapons IV? I can get the money this month.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have not cast any vote, for I have no wish to be bound by the contract you stated before it. I favour a Lord Protector, however, though not an Assembly. "

"Doing this by simple majority is fairly meaningless, however."

To Bloodhaven [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frankly I am surprised you have not used what has been learned from Redeye already.

You do not need my permission.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2012-12-27 at 08:42 AM.