New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta and Perry both frown. "No potion or healing magic?" the male griffon asks.

Greta shakes her head. "Yeah, you need that properly looked at. May need stitches or a potion to properly regen the musculature and-"

"Always with the big words."

"Shut up, Perry."
    "When necesary" he responds to Perry

When Greta mentions it needing a potion "........A potion? So much?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[Ravine]

(Oh ok)

The griffon would quickly dive behind a rock for cover, and after the explosion he would get his rifle instead, now being in a more open area than before, maybe he would need the range
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632

[Hoofington]

Slip Fault just walks past with her eyes closed. She seems to be enjoying the rain and paying little attention to the conversation. This is verified when she replies with, "Huh?"

She gives her head a little flip to push back her helmet so she can actually see what she's doing. "Oh. Right. Eh. All I would have gained from killing those weaklings would have been a bunch of dead ponies. I don't have any use for pony corpses."

Well.

That's a fairly pragmatic point of view.

"Now when I win my place among the Reapers I'll have some ponies who know who I am right away. It'll make things a bit more interesting," she says, half a grin tugging at her mouth.

"Make whatever weapons you like, I won't object. I've got all the weapons I'll ever need under my hooves already."

She'll wait for the others before setting off again toward the Reaper's old hoofball stadium. Still some ways away.

Though...

One might wonder why she cares about traveling with other ponies given her attitude.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hoofington

Chain Link snorts. "Tch. Yeah, guess you're right about the bullets and healie-dealies. And don't worry about the molotovs," the unicorn says with a grin. "They're perfectly stable, see?" She telekinetically hovers one upside down to prove her point. However, the rag falls out, followed by a stream of flamethrower fuel. "Well s***," Chain deadpans, before magically tossing the bottle over her shoulder. She rolls her eyes, and slips the three remaining molotovs into one of the ammo boxes strapped to her left side.

She then turns her attention to Slip. Chain tilts her head to the side, looking a bit confused. "Uh... Reapers?" the unicorn asks. "I'm new in town, so... the hell is a Reaper, and why're you so dead-set on joining 'em?"

----
    Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta nods. "Better safe than sorry. Or the medic could probably check to make sure it's properly cleaned, see if it needs stitches, and then just let it heal naturally. But I still think a potion would probably be best. A lot faster, less painful, and not as much room for error."

"Talon medics are experts of battlefield medicine, particularly with the care of wing injuries," Perry observes. "Pegasi are so rare down here, most pony docs probably wouldn't know what to do with one who had a hurt wing."

---
    Ravine

The space isn't any bigger. The ravine is just the same as it was, and the griffon still just sees a trainyard at the end.

(The mines were anti-personnel, not anti-tank or something. The scenery is relatively unchanged...)
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-03-23 at 01:26 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

Open Heart (whom I need to think of a nickname for) looks slightly shocked at this revelation, though not to the point of disbelief; She's surprised slightly at her ambition, more than her confidence.

"The Reapers? Geez, your funeral."

For Chain Link's benefit, she adds:

"They're kinda the big gang around here. The rest of them are just small fry compared to the Reapers, and one Reaper is usually enough to make anypony soil themselves. They only let in the strongest fighters in the Hoof, after all, and it's pretty cutthroat because joining means you're taking somepony's place."

5. - Top - End - #635
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fillydelphia

"He... WHAT?" that's something that would make Finder's head hurt if there wasn't something already doing that. Throughout history that particular brand of magic has always been, at the very least, 'icky'. The stallion lets the airs down and accidentally just says the blatant truth.

"All I saw was the fire, now it seems it's something worse."

Ponyville

"I assume you have a reason for keeping her around then?" Razoreye responds to the bat-ranger as the order came down. If Lamianos thinks the question is rhetorical and doesn't answer, he goes to search out the two mares right then.

Other than that it's just a good idea to let the recently and repeatedly traumatized Pineapple actually get some rest. The bandit band at this point... still can't be trusted.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #636

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta nods. "Better safe than sorry. Or the medic could probably check to make sure it's properly cleaned, see if it needs stitches, and then just let it heal naturally. But I still think a potion would probably be best. A lot faster, less painful, and not as much room for error."

"Talon medics are experts of battlefield medicine, particularly with the care of wing injuries," Perry observes. "Pegasi are so rare down here, most pony docs probably wouldn't know what to do with one who had a hurt wing."
    "Then most talons are griffons to know that?
    Wait....Pegasi are so rare?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

The space isn't any bigger. The ravine is just the same as it was, and the griffon still just sees a trainyard at the end.

(The mines were anti-personnel, not anti-tank or something. The scenery is relatively unchanged...)
    When it explodes he would stay behind the rock for a while, just in case he hears something reacting to the explosion from afar, then he would try to keep low and advance, just this time being careful and observing in the case there could be any more mines.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-23 at 12:21 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #637

[Hoofington]

The rain falls.

"Suicide? Heh. Maybe. I'm not planning on going against any of the top ten. Not unless one of 'em steps out in front of me on the way to the coliseum and picks a fight," Slip replies as she trudges through the mud-slicked road. Those with a sharp eye might notice the occasional bit of stone or rubble rolling along behind her.

"They've got one of those fights coming up for a couple lower positions. Dunno if they're doing a tournament or one big free for all this time. But-" the mare cracks a grin. "Either one would kick off in the hoofball field. Nothing but soil and stone and sand all the way down. I could put on a show. Really cut loose. Let 'em see what I can do."

She really is serious...

"And if I die? Heh. No big loss. We're all going to meet the Pale Horse eventually."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Office

Red Eye stares at the two ponies for a moment, his expression unreadable. He then leans back in his chair, folds his hooves together, and smiles pleasantly. "Thank you. The information you two have provided me shall prove to be invaluable. You have given me exactly what I needed, and you will be justly rewarded. Young Elestre, I will ensure you are given the best accommodations currently available, and you schooling may begin as soon as you desire. I will speak with the magic instructors, and see about getting you a position as a tutor or assistant instructor, since you seem to know your magic rather well."

He turns his attention back to Finder, and smiles pleasantly. "If there's anything you need, Mister Finder, please do not hesitate to let me know. You and Young Luka are free to come and go as you wish. And on that note..." He tilts his head to Stern. "Would you kindly fetch the colt?"

Stern nods, and heads for the door.

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry nods. "Not all griffons are Talons, but all Talons are griffons."

Greta also nods. "Yeah, pegasi are extremely rare down here. I've only ever met two. That ex-Enclave officer down in New Neigas, and his son." The griffoness lets out a flighty giggle, and flashes a grin. "He was-"

The door to Red Eye's office suddenly cracks open, and Stern pokes her head out the door. "Business is done. Red Eye needs you to come back in," she flatly tells Luka. "Perry, Greta, stick around."

Perry and Greta nod. If Luka hesitates, Greta gives him an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

---
    Ravine

The griffon doesn't hear any reactions. As he sneaks forward, he'll spot another pair of landmines about halfway towards the end of the ravine. How shall he be handling them? Shoot, sneak around, try to disarm...?

---
    Hoofington

Chain Link frowns, before moving to casually trot along with Slip. "So what, you're on a potential suicide mission in hopes you'll get a spot in a gang? Tch. Kinda playin' fast and loose with yer life there, aren't ya?" the unicorn asks. "There's better ways to earn a living, and better things to get yourself buckin' killed over. But eh, what do I know? I'm just a merc with a big gun and high alcohol tolerance. Speakin' of, where's the nearest bar?" Chain flashes a cavalier grin, and begins to crane her neck to look around.

After a moment though, she turns her gaze back to Slip, and scowls. "By the way, 'everypony dies eventually' is a sh***y outlook to have on life," Chain grunts. "Just sayin'."

9. - Top - End - #639

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry nods. "Not all griffons are Talons, but all Talons are griffons."

Greta also nods. "Yeah, pegasi are extremely rare down here. I've only ever met two. That ex-Enclave officer down in New Neigas, and his son." The griffoness lets out a flighty giggle, and flashes a grin. "He was-"

The door to Red Eye's office suddenly cracks open, and Stern pokes her head out the door. "Business is done. Red Eye needs you to come back in," she flatly tells Luka. "Perry, Greta, stick around."

Perry and Greta nod. If Luka hesitates, Greta gives him an encouraging pat on the shoulder.
    He would indeed hesitate, he pretty much wanted to stay away from Red Eye, but he's not as badly wrecked as before, and Greta's pat would help a bit.

He would go in, he wouldn't really react to the other two if they are coming out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

The griffon doesn't hear any reactions. As he sneaks forward, he'll spot another pair of landmines about halfway towards the end of the ravine. How shall he be handling them? Shoot, sneak around, try to disarm...?
    When he sees the landmines he would approach to disarm, why? because disarmed mines are MAHNEE!
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Night Jewel might not know it, but the mare's actually only tangentially loyal to Lamianos, and mostly out of fear. It would pretty much take outright violence for her to bring her weapons to bear.

Anyway, Pineapple smiles, obviously pleased.

"Really? Awesome! I found a computer with an encrypted message earlier while scavenging. It's written like a love letter with some file corruption, but it can't be that. The scrambling's too precise, and I think it's some kind of code. Coding a love letter is really weird though, so I think that it's hiding something good. Here, I can show you..."

Assuming Night Jewel follows, Pineapple heads back to where she found the computer earlier and turns it back on, revealing the message once more.

"See though? There are only two lines of scrambling, the file opens just fine, and most of it is untouched. I'm not great with computers, but I know enough to tell that this isn't just faulty data."
    Night Jewel looked over the message several times. In her head, she tried several letter substitution systems she knew of, most of which didn't work very well.

"...I see," she said finally. "A cryptography problem more than a computation problem, and a very hard one at that, what with the lack of context. This will be rather difficult. For one thing, I don't even know if the spaces are in the right order.

"However! There remains a computer-based solution. Rather than trying to figure this out on my own, I could write a program to try different forms of decoding, and sort through the results until I find something legible. How does that sound to you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Sparky nodded sharply. "If you feel okay about going for firewood without me, I'll stay here and make sure Steel's not ambushed. If you think I should come along, though, I'd be happy to."
    Bright Eyes laughed. "It's all right. I'll be fine. I may be many things, but I'm not careless. After all, I have survived a pretty long time, and through a few nasty situations too!"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-03-24 at 11:52 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Yep! Smart girl." Bright Eyes grinned. "Word of advice: Don't try logging in the Everfree Forest. It doesn't end well."

She took out a torch and lit it up. "No good running around in the dark. Anyway, let's go!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Camping in the Wasteland

Sparky nodded sharply. "If you feel okay about going for firewood without me, I'll stay here and make sure Steel's not ambushed. If you think I should come along, though, I'd be happy to."
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Bright Eyes laughed. "It's all right. I'll be fine. I may be many things, but I'm not careless. After all, I have survived a pretty long time, and through a few nasty situations too!"

"You stick close to Miss Bright Eyes Mags!"
    Steel Creel shouted after them.

"I know I know!" Mags shouted back and continued off with Bright Eyes. As for firewood, there were a lot of spaced out dead trees, plenty of firework to aqcuire without having to too far from the boys.

As for the chosen campsite itself, Steel Creel selected building one next to a large boulder with a flat side, to sorta be protected from one side at least. "Come on Sparky..let's set up camp." He said as he began to unroll some tattered looking bedrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Southwestern Wasteland of Equestria- Maul Strikes Back

Priming his body, Maul crouched lower and lower until he finally released his stored up energy and sproinged forward like a loosed spring, spear primed to embed itself in the Warrior Bro as Maul lowered his horn in preparation of using it to cut the warrior aswell.
    (there's kinda some lack of "continuity" for a lack of a better word since in your last post he was already readying to attack the warrior after he 'killed' 'warrior bro'.....but...whatevs)

There was nothing more warrior bro'ss body would do after getting embedded aside from lie there limping and bleed out.

Tough Stomp continued to fight in that lucky drunken master style and through luck managed to land a kick on his solar plexus. At the same time he was trying to concentrate long enough to level his gun to fire at him.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ponyville

Pineapple nods.

"Do whatever you want, really. I've already tried everything I can think of on that code. If you can crack it, you deserve whatever it rewards. Lamia doesn't know about this terminal, so I doubt he'd even think to ask for a share.

Heck, this house is actually in pretty good condition, if you'd like to claim it. There aren't any holes, the lock works, and there's even a functional terminal. A bit dirty, but you're a unicorn! Shouldn't be too hard to clean out the cobwebs with that fancy TK."

Looking both ways to make sure nopony else is watching, the earth mare proceeds to stick her muzzle into one of her saddlebags, pulling out an old, but unopened can of preserved greens.

"Here. I prefer to keep my food supplies to myself, but I don't like to see other ponies starving either."

How nice of her. If only she wasn't working for a right bastard like Lamianos, she might even be considered friendly.

Hoofington

Open Heart shrugs.

"Well...erm...good luck, I guess. Dunno how it'll hold up against Reapers, but you seem capable enough. I guess."

Turning to Chain Link, she continues.

"Bars? Well, we're somewhere around the edges of Flash Filly and Burner Boy territory, which means we're...

...Actually, we could be pretty much anywhere. I'm a little lost right now. At a guess, probably Flank or Meatlocker, though I couldn't begin to tell you what direction either of those are in."

13. - Top - End - #643

FIllydelphia

Finder... doesn't have anything to say in the meantime. Hopefully he'll be allowed to just get someplace he won't be murdered and be miserable until it stops.

Ponyville

Unless fearless leader has anything to say, Razoreye will go to relieve Pineapple.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponyville

Fearless leader merely states "I have my reasons." and lets Razoreye do his thing. Turning to Eledwhen he leans down and says "You have a very important job, Eledwhen. I'm going to teach you everything I know about power barding and guns. I'm going to have to rely on you to keep Ponyville in tip top condition when I leave on trips. Come on, first lesson starts now." and with that he turns about and begins trotting to where he hid his Power Barding.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #645

[Hoofington]

Slip just grins in reply. "Only suicidal if I lose. And I'm not going to lose. Heh. No more suicidal than just trying to live out here in the Hoof. Dangerous business, stepping out of your door."

As she walks the mare kicks a rock about the size of a pony's head as she draws near it. Despite the fact that she didn't seem to punt it all that hard the stone goes sailing off over a rusted cyclone fence and vanishes from view.

"Everypony is going to die. That's just how it is. So you live your life doing something that means something. And being the biggest and the baddest means something to me."

She seems to think that's a pretty good way to go about things.

"If you want bars Flank would be the place to go,"
    Slip spits on the ground. "Bunch of filthy dash-heads over there. A hell-hole full of burnt out addicts."

With a snort the mare turns her head toward a rather run down looking Barnyard Bargains. Its picture windows are all long since shattered and ages have passed since its neon lights went out. A few burnt out old wagons sit dejected and forgotten under broken street lamps. No shopping carts are to be found. The things were scavenged long ago.

"Heh. We could try our luck in there. Who knows? Maybe Discord set up a new stash just for us."

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Office

Once Luka enters the office, Stern shuts the door and walks back over to her side of the room, watching the ponies in the room like a predatory hawk. Red Eye smiles kindly at Luka at he approaches the desk. "Hello there. You'll be happy to know that our business is concluded, and that you and your friends are free to come and go as you please. Your gear will be returned to you when you leave the city - including the equipment you had when you were captured in New Appleloosa."

The crimson stallion then tilts his head to the side slightly. "What did you think of Mister Perry and Miss Greta, by the way? Where they nice to you, or did you not like them either?" Stern seems indifferent to this inquiry.

---
    Ravine

The griffon approaches one of the landmines. Beep. Beep beep.

And how exactly does he plan to disarm it?

---
    Hoofington

Chain Link snorts. "Flank sounds more like a cheap strip-club or brothel than a drug den. I think that other place may be more my style."

She doesn't seem sold on Slip's outlook on life, but she does look over to the store. "Hm. I could always go for a bit of prospecting. Haven't done a good scrounge-hunt in awhile. Alright, who's on point?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-03-24 at 10:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #647

Tenpony Tower - Office

Once Luka enters the office, Stern shuts the door and walks back over to her side of the room, watching the ponies in the room like a predatory hawk. Red Eye smiles kindly at Luka at he approaches the desk. "Hello there. You'll be happy to know that our business is concluded, and that you and your friends are free to come and go as you please. Your gear will be returned to you when you leave the city - including the equipment you had when you were captured in New Appleloosa."

The crimson stallion then tilts his head to the side slightly. "What did you think of Mister Perry and Miss Greta, by the way? Where they nice to you, or did you not like them either?" Stern seems indifferent to this inquiry.
    The colt would slightly hide himself with the baseball cap andhold his head slightly low when approaching, not as much as before though, more like trying to evade eye contact with Red Eye rather than his previous life-draining depression, but he's not happy either, not like it would all go away yet, slavery still has built something like Perry said, but at least there's the lead that it could be done without it too.

He wouldn't respond much when told his gear would be given back, but when he asks about Perry and Greta
    "Yeah.... They were nice" He would flatly respond.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

The griffon approaches one of the landmines. Beep. Beep beep.

And how exactly does he plan to disarm it?
    Running onto it and pressing the E button
    Depending on how it's fuse works, it would seem like the kind that gets a button pressed on top of it for it's sensor to activate/deactivate.... Or was it twisting it's top portion? anyways, before it starts beeping he would be rushing onto it to disarm and press an "on/off" button, like sensor modules usualy do... Or twisting it quickly before it goes off
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hoofington

"Yeah, not a big fan of Flank. Hard to enjoy the drinks or anything else when every third pony you meet asks about your 'price.' Ugh."

She shudders a bit at the memory, mentally trying to wipe some of the sleaze off. Still, when Slip points out the shop, Heart gives the place a cursory glance.

"It looks picked over, but maybe there's a safe or storeroom that nopony's broken into yet. Or at least some canned food. Hard to go wrong with canned food.

I'd rather not be on point, though. I can spring locks or crack terminals all day, but honestly I'm lucky if I'm not holding the gun backwards in a fight."

19. - Top - End - #649

Ponyville

Well then, reasons. Razoreye will have to be relatively chatty to figure this out. Hopefully it will be more intellectually stimulating that the usual 'rawr hate and violence good' that this part of the waste holds standard.

It could take an unspecified amount of time to find the two mares, but Razoreye will eventually find them.

"You're relieved" he'll eventually say.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650

Fillydelphia

Elestre nodded, barely holding back from giving a massive grin. He was the closest to achieving his dreams he'd ever been. However, he was silent as Luka entered.

Setting Up Camp

Sparky flapped his wings. "Alrighty! What should I help you with?"

He fumbled with his power armor, pulling out the weather map device and shining it on the bedrolls to help Steel see in the near-dark.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

21. - Top - End - #651

[Hoofington]

Heart is given a rather appraising look from Slip. Probably wondering how the mare has managed to survive for as long as she has.

Anyway...

Into the shop!

Or at least approaching it.

The closer they get to the run down store the more they can feel it. An awful sort of feeling that anyone who has lived in the Hoof for any length of time should be terribly familiar with.

The scream.

One doesn't so much hear the scream as they do feel it. A horrible keening wail in the mind. Static at the back of one's thoughts. It isn't that terrible here in the shop, but it is certainly enough to be noticeable.

Slip grinds her teeth. "Buck. Innervation. That makes thing s a bit more complicated. If we're going to pick this place over we'll have to be quick about it."

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Office

Red Eye nods. "I see. So what exactly are you plans after this? Where are you intending to go, and what are you intending to do, if you don't mind my asking?" he idly asks Luka, Finder, and Elestre. "Will you be needing a guide or protection?"

---
    Ravine

Beep beep be-

Deedoot.

The griffon manages to disarm the mine. Lucky him.

---
    Hoofington

Chain Link scoffs at Heart's remark about Flank. "Anypony asks about my 'price,' they're getting their damned face smashed through a table. And then a kick in the 'bottlecaps' for good measure." Clearly she's a "hard bargain." She then flashes a grin back at the other mare. "Good to hear you know your way around locks and tech, though. Useful skills to have out here. I'm mostly just good at shooting things, so I guess that means I'll be on point."

And then the enter the Dead Zone. Chain Link grits her teeth and leaps back, a snarl escaping her lips as she tries to distance herself from the keening cry in the back of her mind. "The hell is that?!" she growls, taking a few more steps back for good measure. "Enervation? The f*** is that supposed to be, and why does it feel like bugs crawling around in my f***ing skull?"

23. - Top - End - #653

Fillydelphia - Office

Red Eye nods. "I see. So what exactly are you plans after this? Where are you intending to go, and what are you intending to do, if you don't mind my asking?" he idly asks Luka, Finder, and Elestre. "Will you be needing a guide or protection?"
    "Going to Tennpony.... No, thank you"
    He would say with the same tone and characteristics as before, thought there would be a tiny bit of rejection when responding, possibly hard to catch, but it would be towards Red Eye's interest in what he does, and he doesn't want him.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

Beep beep be-

Deedoot.

The griffon manages to disarm the mine. Lucky him.
    After doing so, he would go for the next one to disarm it too, and if nothing happens, he would keep going towards the trainyard with his rifle up, expecting the raiders to try and ambush him.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-25 at 09:03 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654

Fillydelphia

While it seems that Luka is not in a mood to stay around, Finder... may not be in the best position to head out into the wastes again. He slipped earlier in his tone of conversation, so he has to think carefully on how to say what follows.

"If you'd allow it, I'd like to enjoy the hospitality of your city just a while longer, all things considered."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Pineapple nods.

"Do whatever you want, really. I've already tried everything I can think of on that code. If you can crack it, you deserve whatever it rewards. Lamia doesn't know about this terminal, so I doubt he'd even think to ask for a share.

Heck, this house is actually in pretty good condition, if you'd like to claim it. There aren't any holes, the lock works, and there's even a functional terminal. A bit dirty, but you're a unicorn! Shouldn't be too hard to clean out the cobwebs with that fancy TK."

Looking both ways to make sure nopony else is watching, the earth mare proceeds to stick her muzzle into one of her saddlebags, pulling out an old, but unopened can of preserved greens.

"Here. I prefer to keep my food supplies to myself, but I don't like to see other ponies starving either."

How nice of her. If only she wasn't working for a right bastard like Lamianos, she might even be considered friendly.
    Huh. This could actually be a good opportunity, assuming it isn't a trap.

Night Jewel sniffed at the can a bit, then decided it probably wasn't poisoned and smiled. "Thanks. I rarely receive this kind of treatment even from my colleagues. A pleasant change."

She settled down and began eating, making sure Pineapple could have a share of the greens if she wanted, then spoke up again. "Say, out of curiosity, what is your business in this place? Why are you working with Lamianos?"

She was starting to develop a plan. Perhaps, with a bit of time, charm and wit, she could be the one in power in this place.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-03-25 at 11:22 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

That is a thing that Slip is totally justified in wondering. To be fair, the whole "lucky to be holding the gun straight" thing was definitely hyperbole, even if she does tend not to be especially effective in a fight. Honestly, though, she's gotten this far mostly by luck, wits, and charm.

Still, Heart splits a wide grin at Chain Link's words about the ponies in Flank. While she really doesn't see violence as a good solution to most problems, it's hard to deny that some of the sleazier ponies around deserve a good buck to the face. Or two.

She's quick to react to the Enervation, taking several large steps back as soon as she becomes aware of the screaming sensation in the back of her skull, suppressing a shudder.

"You really are new here. Enervation's the nastiest stuff I've seen, and here in the Hoof, that's saying something. It'll turn your healing potions bad if you have any, and it'll make any injuries you have fester and become much, much worse. If you're unlucky enough to find the stuff concentrated, you might just start bleeding from your everywhere.

This patch doesn't seem too thick, though."

She still hides her medkit under something though, safely outside of the Enervation's range, before continuing onward. She's got her SMG clenched between her teeth, ready to fire if something tries to spook her. She's no stranger to the effects of Enervation, but that doesn't stop her from being on edge in it, and she'd rather get out of it as fast as possible.

[Ponyville]

Pineapple does graze on a leaf or two for the sake of politeness, but leaves the bulk of the meal for the other mare. She's already eaten, after all.

"Well, I do try to be nice."

She chuckles a bit.

"Funny story, that. He actually got the drop on me, out in the wastes. I was resting after my escape from Appleoosa, and I woke up with a Power Hoof on my chest, a Griffon bearing down on me, and a filly playing with my Grenade Launcher. Not exactly the best position to wake in, as you could imagine.

Actually, at that point I was pretty sure that I was either going to die or be robbed of everything I owned, but he actually pretty much laughed it off and let me go. He did mention that somepony who knew their way around explosives would be welcome to help in his little quest to clear out the raiders here in Ponyville, and start setting the place up as a town. Bring back a little of that old world glory, even.

So, I came along. Fought off a bunch of raiders. Probably saved some lives in the long run, that these raiders would otherwise have ended. I've done a lot of wrong in my life, but I'd like to think that there's enough of me left to do some good before I eventually die."

She is, of course, completely unaware that Lamianos intends to turn Ponyville into a new Slave Hub, right next to Old Appleoosa itself. If she were aware of this, honestly, she'd be very, very unhappy with that fact.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Ponyville

Fearless leader merely states "I have my reasons." and lets Razoreye do his thing. Turning to Eledwhen he leans down and says "You have a very important job, Eledwhen. I'm going to teach you everything I know about power barding and guns. I'm going to have to rely on you to keep Ponyville in tip top condition when I leave on trips. Come on, first lesson starts now." and with that he turns about and begins trotting to where he hid his Power Barding.
    Eledwhen happily follows! How do you mean condition?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

28. - Top - End - #658

[Hoofington]

Slip can't suppress the not so friendly grin that creeps its way onto her face as Open Heart explains the horrors of Innervation. "Only place in Equestria where the land itself tries to eat your soul. Welcome to bucking Hoofington! Hope you enjoy your stay."

Well isn't that cheerful?

"Judging from how itchy this patch is making me feel I don't think we're in any danger unless we decide to take a nap here. If you start feeling tired say something. And we'll get the buck out."

Well. They have a plan at least?

"All these stores are set up more or less the same,"
    Slip says as she steels her nerves and trots deeper into the Innervation field. "Canned food is the big prize."

The store looms before them, its dilapidated appearance suddenly seeming all the more sinister with the unnatural wailing at the back of one's mind. Then again, anything would seem more sinister when your head is full of necrotic cries.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Office

Red Eye smiles softly at Luka, and his refusal of assistance. "What if it was Miss Greta? Would you like having her as a guide and bodyguard? She certainly knows the way to Tenpony Tower, and her way around the tower itself."

Red Eye then turns his half-cybernetic gaze back to Finder, and smiles warmly. "Oh but of course. I have no qualms with extending hospitality to any of you. You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like."

---
    Ravine

The griffon disarms another mine. Nothing attacks or obstructs him as he nears the exit of the ravine. Will he enter the train yard by land or sky?

---
    Hoofington

Chain Link stares flatly at the two mares, her gaze drifting back and forth between them. "You're joking, right? This bad juju s*** will suck the life out you, and ruin your potions? Anything else I need to know about it?" she growls. "I'm not gonna randomly turn inside out or go blind or something f***ed up like that, am I?"

The battle-hardened mare telekinetically opens her saddle bag, and takes out a couple of potions, leaving a third in the bag. "Yo, Hearstrings. Mind stashin' these with your kit? I'll be bringin' one with me just in case."

Chain then looks back at Slip and frowns. "So who's point-mare? Me with the big-ass gun and lots of armor, or you with the freaky demolition skills and actual experience with this enrevazion or whatever the f*** it is?"

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

Heart rolls her eyes at the nicknaming and stores the potions along with the medkit. To be fair though, I don't think any of these characters have actually told each other their names, which makes that actually a fairly good guess. Heck, her cutie mark's hidden, so there isn't even that.

"Not gonna stop you, but don't drink it if it changes color. And, uh, no. Probably not gonna have anything too bucked up. There's no telling what'll happen in a concentrated field, but this one seems light."

Cautiously, she follows whomever it is that decides to take point into the store, watching carefully. She's fairly observant, and knows not to ignore shifting shadows. Still, she's keeping an eye out both for any food and drink that looks salvageable, along with any side rooms that might hold other useful goods.