New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVII: You Must Construct Additional Pinkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

They were.
    Or rather, the bit before the wedding. Cause, you know. Foreshadowing.
    And they seem to be onto something.
    All of which has nothing to do with this. Seriously, go watch this.
    Ah, okay. I was mistakingly thinking of the part at the end with Pinkie and Cadence dancing. You know, where they're both happy.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

I also wish happy birthdays to our fine friends Kairaven and Deadly.

I'm also announcing a challenge to myself that also acts as a gift to Ponythread. Each day, from now until Christmas, I will write a song or poem or short story or draw a picture for a particular member of Ponythread.

Some of you may recall my Christmas song I posted last year. I feel like it left a number of lovely ponies out, so this is my solution for that.

Have a happy/merry (nondenominational holiday) everypony!
    And wish me luck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Berry in Crystal Empire in the present?
    I present:
    Spoiler
    Show

Applebloom as a crystal pony one thousand year ago, before Sombra showed up.

Theories?
    Ponies reincarnate? So in a former life Applebloom was a Crystal Pony who looked pretty much the same, except crystal

I am 3 dozen! (not baker's dozen though)

Happy b-day Deadly you young'un..... It's like I am giving hand-me-down birthdays...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Happy birthday to the two of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Thanks ^^
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-11-23 at 07:54 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    This should be a TF2 hat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why not, pretty much everything else is.
    Though, I've never actually played TF2...

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    My, pony has invaded an actual sandwich at McDonalds.

As seen in this roundup.
    I saw the name and first thought of the Carebear.
    Which is voiced by a pony anyway, so... connection...?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    (linked from EQD so relevant)

oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god
    Ohhh, I better tell my brother about this. He was a huge fan of that.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #245

I'm apparently good at scaring people with weird stuff I find.
    Element of Dungeon Mastering, I still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Okay, the picture taped to his gasmask mouthpiece was bordering on a tad creepy. But still, nice depiction of Pyro.
    I found the creepiness appropriate for the Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    (Old thing is old) Okay, rewatching the Crystal Empire, I found this.

Spoiler
    Show

Not only do Crystal Ponies seemingly reproduce by osmosis (that, or they pop out of the ground), but Berry Punch now has a story along the lines of "Well, once I was sooo drunk, I woke up in a..."
    Only now? I was thinking this is how she shows up a few times in Canterlot and at Dodge Junction in "The Last Roundup" episode. That girl gets around when inebriated.

My general reaction:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... something's off about that.

Theories?
    CMC Time traveler go!
    Works for me!!
    Maybe she took the Tardis on a joyride while the Doctor was off with Derpy.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy birthdays to you two!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-11-23 at 10:25 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Happy birthdays, Kairaven and Deadly!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post

I'm also announcing a challenge to myself that also acts as a gift to Ponythread. Each day, from now until Christmas, I will write a song or poem or short story or draw a picture for a particular member of Ponythread.

Some of you may recall my Christmas song I posted last year. I feel like it left a number of lovely ponies out, so this is my solution for that.

Have a happy/merry (nondenominational holiday) everypony!
    And wish me luck...
    Good luck!

Speaking of Christmas traditions, would folks be up for another Secret Santa like last year? 'Cause I'm totally up for organizing that again.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Woah! Did Bleakbane reviews become a thing while I was out? I am totally on board with this - not least because I wish to be able to say that I only read pony fanfiction approved by space-faring lich commanders.
    Not really.

It was just that after the season starter I made a comment that I was sure that before long we would be inundated with stories/fanart protraying Sombra as some sympatheric, hard-done poor sap. To the point that (after some faffing around) I said that for every five stories/fanart located before two weeks was out, I would actually draw a pony, and in the mean time would review said sympathetic Sombra stories when located. Despite the first one showing within less then 24 hours (to my great disgust), there has been a solid lack since. Aside from the first one, there was one centrered on an OC (tendign towards self-insert) of sufficienly glacial progress I wasn't prepared to track it (and it didn't come to the point in the bit I read) and the last fanart and that story, both of which are considerably borderline.

Frankly, I am very pleased, because it shows there is some hope for the fandom yet...

Happy Birthday Deadly and Kairaven!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Even better, Berry does not even have the crystaly shine the other ponies have, so they plopped her in that scene and never bothered to add shiny hair to her model.
    I agree with Berry Punch being the new background pony hiding in each episode!

Now that is strange. Applebloom, the eternal cutiemarkless time-travelling filly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Hypothetical scenario you are somehow contacted by the Ponies of Equestria they know about the show and are curious about the works of the fandom and want recommendations for fanart/fanfiction/fancomics etc.

What do you recommend to them?
    That would be quite an awkward situation. I mean, it would be like walking up to some famous person and asking them to review some fanfiction you've written about their life. Not only would it probably be wildly inaccurate, it may bring up questions along the lines of "Why would you think I'd do that?"

I would likely stick with music or some fanart, to start things off. A lot of the music tends to be catchy even without the pony, and so should be fine to show them.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I am now wondering if Sesame Street is more diabetic than My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
    I... never found Sesame Street particularly diabetic.

Happy Birthdays to both Deadly and Kairaven!
    Happy birthday! Have some cake, one for each of you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Happy birthdays, Kairaven and Deadly!
    Happy birthday, folks!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Ponies reincarnate? So in a former life Applebloom was a Crystal Pony who looked pretty much the same, except crystal
    Wasn't this a trollestia-created image?

Also happy b-day. Have some more cake
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Frankly, I am very pleased, because it shows there is some hope for the fandom yet...
    You almost sound dissapointed.
    You can draw a pony anyway, if you want to.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

biggrin Re: My Little Pony LVII: You Must Construct Additional Pinkies!

huh... thanks? I didn't think I put my B-day info up in GitP, someponies just have good memories I guess.

Berry in Crystal Empire in the present?
    I present:

Theories?
    CMC Time traveler go!

Happy b-day Deadly you young'un..... It's like I am giving hand-me-down birthdays...
    Obviously she...

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Works for me!!
    Maybe she took the Tardis on a joyride while the Doctor was off with Derpy.
    PINKIE'D!

Not really.

It was just that after the season starter I made a comment that I was sure that before long we would be inundated with stories/fanart protraying Sombra as some sympatheric, hard-done poor sap. To the point that (after some faffing around) I said that for every five stories/fanart located before two weeks was out, I would actually draw a pony, and in the mean time would review said sympathetic Sombra stories when located. Despite the first one showing within less then 24 hours (to my great disgust), there has been a solid lack since. Aside from the first one, there was one centrered on an OC (tendign towards self-insert) of sufficienly glacial progress I wasn't prepared to track it (and it didn't come to the point in the bit I read) and the last fanart and that story, both of which are considerably borderline.

Happy Birthday Deadly and Kairaven!
    It seems to me that the fandom is following more of the Discord route with Sombra in fanfiction/art. I suppose everyone thought that he could have been more threatening in the episode, so they magnified his scariness. And I have to say, they're doing a pretty good job.

Oh, and happy birthday to you two older ponies!
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    It seems to me that the fandom is following more of the Discord route with Sombra in fanfiction/art. I suppose everyone thought that he could have been more threatening in the episode, so they magnified his scariness. And I have to say, they're doing a pretty good job.
    You say the "Discord route" as if Discord wasn't the poster-boy for the de-Evilling/sympathy ploys in the first place. The fact that Discord has had a large of stuff that was supposed to make him more sympathetic (the frequent shipping, the not-infrequent implications he and Celestia were childhood friends/lovers, she didn't love him and he turned evil blah blah blah etc etc), in various stripes which was what irritated me in the first place (and ditto with Chrysalis).

(Yes, a (thankfully) goodly number of people also treat him as grim as (or grimmer than) he was in the show as well, but I feel that's kind of a "no duh" point.)

So I really relieved to see Sombra not falling foul of that sentiment; even "can't speak properly silly Sombra" is far superior than him being made to be some kind of poor corrupted soul who's just been hard-done to.

(For the record, I am not a big fan of completely obviating Luna from responscibilty from Nightmare Moon either, as sometimes happens. She fracked up almost as badly as she could have done; and while she's (being?) redeemed, fair enough, she also shouldn't be absolved from blame completely.)

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Earth and Sky updated again today!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spectacular Trixie was not at all what I expected, but damn if this wasn't a grand interpretation of her future. A series of wins and losses, and multiple new titles before finally thinking

Her eyes lit up with fondly remembered insight as she spoke. "And so the Spectacular Trixie thought to herself as she took that long, lonely train ride back to Fillydelphia: What's wrong with being all show? Why not embrace it? Why not dedicate the Spectacular Trixie's considerable skills to putting on the best show ever!"

And just the entirety of it works for me, she's getting into movies, making a process to bring color films to Equestria and is more than willing to settle things with Doctor Sparkle in order to make it happen.

And for you Rarity fans out there, she Judo throws the arse that got her arrested in the first place and then tells him how she'll recommend to all her friends and customers to never touch that airship again as she walks off with her nose high in the air.

Meanwhile, Flim Flam Blues Brothers.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

You say the "Discord route" as if Discord wasn't the poster-boy for the de-Evilling/sympathy ploys in the first place. The fact that Discord has had a large of stuff that was supposed to make him more sympathetic (the frequent shipping, the not-infrequent implications he and Celestia were childhood friends/lovers, she didn't love him and he turned evil blah blah blah etc etc), in various stripes which was what irritated me in the first place (and ditto with Chrysalis).

(Yes, a (thankfully) goodly number of people also treat him as grim as (or grimmer than) he was in the show as well, but I feel that's kind of a "no duh" point.)

So I really relieved to see Sombra not falling foul of that sentiment; even "can't speak properly silly Sombra" is far superior than him being made to be some kind of poor corrupted soul who's just been hard-done to.

(For the record, I am not a big fan of completely obviating Luna from responscibilty from Nightmare Moon either, as sometimes happens. She fracked up almost as badly as she could have done; and while she's (being?) redeemed, fair enough, she also shouldn't be absolved from blame completely.)
    Huh. I stand corrected, then. I must have just not run into the fanfictions that woobify him. Granted, I didn't join the fandom until this summer, so perhaps it's because such things tend to be written closer to the episode in question.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Happy Birthdays to both Deadly and Kairaven!
    Today I turn 30 ...
    ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!~

(x2 combo!)

A double dose of pony and cake!
    Spoiler
    Show

I've gotta know who the artist of this animation is, so I can fave it ... that is, if they have a dA account

Animated, and may induce trance-like staring and/or heart attacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    The artist is called Rainbow. No dA I'm afraid, his or her art seems to be exclusively Derpibooru (or at the very least, nobody has bothered to add artwork sources).
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Huh. I stand corrected, then. I must have just not run into the fanfictions that woobify him. Granted, I didn't join the fandom until this summer, so perhaps it's because such things tend to be written closer to the episode in question.
    Yeah, pretty much. It was a rush of, as you say, woobification, more towards the start, which has since tailed off quite a bit in the time since (but it was sort of evidenced as well with Chrysalis, though perhaps not quite the same extent.)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Hypothetical scenario you are somehow contacted by the Ponies of Equestria they know about the show and are curious about the works of the fandom and want recommendations for fanart/fanfiction/fancomics etc.

What do you recommend to them?

For example I would have Celestia read "Burlap" https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CJSSxJoN&pli=1 because I think she would get a kick out of it, and knowing her sense of humor it could lead to future hilarity. "Oh, Twilight I've suddenly learned of a horrible gap in your education."
    Now this is a tough one. Most pony fanfiction I wouldn't recommend to actual ponies. So I think I would go with Those the Princesses would Destroy. It's funny, light-hearted and doesn't have the Mane 6 as main characters.

Today I turn 30 ...

I am not sure what to think of that. On one hoof ... 30 is, like, old horse! It's pretty old for a pony. I knew a pony once, it was probably around 35 though they weren't exactly sure, and it was half blind and one hoof in the grave.

On the other hoof, my 20s kinda felt like the low decade of my life, so my 30s could be when my life starts getting awesome, right?

Thanks ^^

Oh, and happy birthday Kairaven, too!
    Happy birthday Deadly and Kairaven!

Have a party
    Spoiler
    Show

Oddly enough I have as many problems with making Discord too evil as with making him 'good'. Personally I think stories like Head Full of Cotton Candy captured Discord best.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    A double dose of pony and cake!
    Spoiler
    Show

My spleen just imploded with the cutes.

So, random ponythread poll! In order, which of the main six ships most easily, and why?

Number one is Rainbow Dash, though this is generally due to the acceptance of most bronies that she is a fillyfooler, or at least bisexual. Then again, that rule applies to most ponies...
    Ships seen/common: All of them/Flutterdash, Appledash, Firedash, SoarinDash, DashPie, SparkleDash

Number two: Fluttershy. Rather, I think that she's the next most commonly shipped pony. We already see in-show ties to both Rarity and Rainbow Dash. People also draw ties to Big Mac, which I find somewhat cute. Flutterpie is also a thing, though I'd have a somewhat more difficult time explaining it. The two personalities are so different in approach and responses that Pinkie would just dominate Fluttershy until 'Shy had a reason to stand up for herself or for Pinkie. (*coughcoughPhluttershyPrettyPinkPastacoughcough*)

Number three: I kind of want to put Pinkie Pie here. After all, romance is just another form of fun! Perhaps my favorite Pie ship is Twinkie; the two personalities play off each other delightfully.

Four-through six: no idea. Opinion?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

In my headcanon, Nightmare Moon was a corrupting influence from outside, but Luna had to be open to hatred and anger for just an instant to accept it into her.
    Discord I always wanted to be like Q, while the show made him worse. So I'd portray him as chaotic neutral, rather than chaotic evil. My Discord is kind of a joke, but everything he does is for the luls.
    ...I also like DiscordCelestia, but I don't woobify him about it.
    Chrysalis is Neutral Orange. She eats love cause that's what changelings do. I view her sort of as a Queen of Blades, really. (shrug)
    Sombra I don't think I have a headcanon for. There's not really any hints of woobie there to magnify.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    That's cheating
    Quick add to post - Steel? Who uses that? That's worse than cheating, Steel is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    But only for the $50 and $100 options, not the ones that would be, y'know, reasonable at 50% off ...
    Like which ones?

And it should be 95% anyway...

huh... thanks? I didn't think I put my B-day info up in GitP, someponies just have good memories I guess.
    No, but as I noticed a year ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Happy Birthday?

I also wanted to mention Kairaven has birthday, too, but apparently was nin'jd.

So, Happy Birthday to you both?
    Both of you indeed left info somewhere

So, yeah, again, have some cake

Spoiler
    Show

Trixie cake is best cake.

I present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The second filly is suspiciously similar to Rumble...?

(but it was sort of evidenced as well with Chrysalis, though perhaps not quite the same extent.)
    Chrysalis and woobiefication?

Are we talking about heroine of possibly the most grimdark MLP story I ever saw? I don't think I ever read fanfic to the contrary...

Also, I would point out more 'poor Sombra' works but sadly neither is within present rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    So, random ponythread poll! In order, which of the main six ships most easily, and why?

Four-through six: no idea. Opinion?
    I'd generally say: Pegasi > Unicorns > Earth Ponies, both for M6 and background ones.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Happy birthday! Have some cake, one for each of you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diabetically delicious. Seriously cute :D

My daughter came up with another interesting pony episode idea, based on the Fluttersuit concept:
    Rainbowdash apparently had a big competition and she disappeared. While everypony was looking for her, Pinkie Pie dressed up as Rainbow Dash and tried to do all the competition tests herself. I don't know what the competition was for, but by the way Pinkie went flying across the living room I believe there were explosives involved to give Pinkie the illusion she could fly.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #264

Trixie, how many times can you use the Trixie emoticon in one post I wonder
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Trixie, how many times can you use the Trixie emoticon in one post I wonder
    Technically, only once, rest was quotes

And what can I say, I like it ^^
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, I have a friend who wants to see one episode to see what the fuss is all about, which one do you suggest? I am thinkig the Return of Disharmony; but I am not sure.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Guys, I have a friend who wants to see one episode to see what the fuss is all about, which one do you suggest? I am thinking the Return of Disharmony; but I am not sure.
    Bridle Gossip has always been my go-to introduction episode.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Bridle Gossip has always been my go-to introduction episode.
    Thats the one that introduces Zecora, right?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Thats the one that introduces Zecora, right?
    Unless I'm getting my episodes mixed up, yes.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar