New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Andromeda listens intently, accepting the pamphlet and flipping through it.

...possibly with just a bit of a blush as she notes some of the more...interesting...transformation types.

"...to be honest, I don't see how anyone would voluentarily choose to become...something like this, although I suppose that might just be my personal opinion. You say that reversion can be done at any time, and that it's freely provided upon request, and that you don't...push, this transformation on anyone, then?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eastside - Disturbance]

"A change, either into a demon or anything else, shows us how unconfortable people felt with their body."

Jeu says while looking through the boxes. He is doing the best he can, looking inside and cheking what's in it. If a box shows signs of secret space he will take a closer look until he finds it, if possible.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #183

[Malechenar]

"So who have you met? What is your first impression of this castle?" The vampire, bringing his fingers together as he seem to look at Valente despite the complete lack of eyes or sockets.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena mentally groans. There were murderers around and she was still thinking about foot massages? Oh well, it was a great deal better then worry.

"Uh... sure." She replies. Hopefully those Tenbras people would arrive soon...

-----------------------------------

Irena is quick to check her smartphone who is connected to the cameras (she got help connecting all that) who is at the gate as the phone alarms that someone is using the buzzer.

Making a call, the two enforcers will hear the witch voice coming from a speaker nearby. "Who sent you and why?" Irena always considered some paranoia healthy.

[Suncrest Manor - Some Other Time]

"Maybe you can assist in the naming or something? We're running out of time to find some suitable parents before the kid is born though. I checked it up online and it looks like there are all sort of documents you need signing and meeting with the family etc." She rather not do the first part, she dreaded all sort of paper work.

((I'll post for the mindscape and the quest for the secret slave society once I get back.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-08 at 12:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"Mostly some of the others from the Forth Tower. The others my age." Valente replies. "The castle seems like a nice place to live so far. I'm still getting settled in for the most part."

[Suncrest Manor]

The Enforcers look between each other briefly. "We're with Tenebras. We were told that there was a potential murder threat against a Nadia Rizzo here."

"Yeah, I know. The fact this whole pregnancy has been so fast is half the problem. We can only really wait now, though. The orphanage said they'd call just as soon as they found some candidates. Then we'll meet with some of them and sort out the rest after that." Nadia says.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-12-08 at 12:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Gutted Fish

No. No, that's not going to happen. We've already stated the limits of our deal with you.
    Enshadu breathes in heavily. This was not going right. He taps the table. And...just what limits would that be? Hm?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wildside]

"It's totally because of the trees. They drink from the flowers on the trees and the trees are special." Scora says. "Well, these trees I mean." She points at one of the hibiscus trees.
    "Oh. Lenai's trees. I guess she made them that way," Jeanne says.

"The bees love them. There are so many hives now, as more bees are drawn to the forest," Cole says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #187

The Gutted Fish

We dislike Magtok more than we dislike you, so we are willing to lend assistance in removing him from the picture. Unfortunately, there's really no-one else on this plane less despicable than yourself, so, after that we will be parting ways. The end. So saying, Argon pusheshis chair back and stands to go, tucking the E14 rifle under his arm.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #188

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Tibatha looks bewildered at Andromeda for a moment before she slowly manages to piece together an answer. "...no, we do not." She looks to be about to add something but then stops herself and turns to Jeu instead.

The celestial will not find anything else then color buckets, wall paper, posters about demon-hood and other not-so-secret things within them. "That is correct, most of our customers describe it as a very positive experience once they have gone through the transfiguration. Not to mention that some people don't like age to be the end of them. I personally feel like I'm helping people to a better life."

[Quest to find Secret Slave Society]

The moment she knocks on the door she can hear a voice from the other side. "Yes? Who is it?"

Eadelain's Mindscape

Curious.

Astrana goes up an examines the dream-self more closely, even daring to put a hand on it's shoulder just to see what's happens. The spell should protect her from anything harmful... hopefully.

[Malechenar]

"I'm glad to hear that." The vampire comments with a smile. "I try to make all the guests here as comfortable as possible. That is my duty as a host after all. But with that said, I have some more ponderous questions from you. Ryhe have taken an certain interested in you to be exact and have asked me to do a little review if you don't mind?"

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena briefly wonders if she is going to ask them after names as that was what she really was after, but decides it's probably silly. Instead the gates slide open at the push of a button, "Come on in then."

Heh, she loved this security system. It felt like she was some evil villain.

Being let inside the yard, Irena is also there to slowly open the door for them. I'm not sure where Nadia is though, but she probably heard the signal from Irena's phone as well.

"Can't we look for candidates ourselves?" Irena suggests. "I bet you're much better then some home, you are going to make the final call after all."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-08 at 03:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"Oh?' Uh, I don't mind at all. Go ahead." Valente says, just a bit hesitantly.

[Suncrest Manor]

The two Enforcers head straight for the front door. "Afternoon, ma'am. We'll be keeping an eye on the house itself. I'm Macario and this is Renato." He gestures to his companion, who has his helmet on and hasn't spoken yet. "We have a number of others in the area as well."

"We probably could, but I really wouldn't know where to start. These people probably deal with people wanting to adopt kids often enough too." Nadia says.

[Wildside]

"Yeah, you can barely go anywhere without being able to find bees. It's pretty cool. I like to watch them move around their hives. Those things are huge now." Scora says.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eadelain's Mindscape

The mental Astrana looks more or less like Astrana, but a bit more human. She's obviously not all human, but the nonhuman aspects are downplayed. As Astrana touches the mental version, she turns toward Astrana."Yes? Can I help you? Or, help me, apparently."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

Andromeda's expression shifts a bit, to an expression that indicates she belatedly realises she may have made a serious faux pas...

"...I see. Well, I think we can take a quick look at the rest of the facility? So far everything seems to be clear and above-board to me..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #192

[Eastside Disturbance]

Jeu looks at Andromeda.

"We should take a close look. Only if we look over every single part of this we can calm down the people outside."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #193

Eadelain's Mindscape

Huh, this was weird, cool, but still weird. "Any insight on the hole I'm about to enter? Or this in general?"

[Malechenar]

"Good, so tell me Valente what are vampires like in your world?" Harold asks.

[Suncrest Manor]

"You should tell Nadia the plan in detail. I'm off on a errand." The witch tells the two. Meanwhile a strange bird lands on the roof of the manor.

"You could put up a poster on the wall." Irena suggests, leaning back in the coach.

[Eastside Disturbance]

"I could show you the room where we inject the essence if you wish." Tibatha suggests. "Please put back what you took from the boxes though, we are going to use that later."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eadelain's Mindscape

Mental Astrana looks down into the hole. "Hmm. I don't know what it is, only some ideas. I'm trying to learn more, but most of my methods aren't working."

She kneels next to the hole, and points at some of the root or vein like things coming off of it. "And look at this; while it is definitely entangled with the mind, it doesn't actually seem to be a part of it. More like it is slowly fusing itself into the mind. It might be a part of the mind naturally, but if it was you would think that it would mesh in better. As it is, it strikes an amount of contrast with the rest of the mindscape."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Outside the Rusty Dagger]

Going around the side of the building? Kinaesthetically speaking, the man was rather blatantly showcasing himself to the muse's eyes to be at least some kind of issue and to suddenly alter his course like that was.. Well, suspiciously serendipitous to say the least.

Snuffing out the lit end of the narcotic between her fingers, Ghoul stowed it in a pocket before pulling her helmet over her head. Sure, it would make her a sight if it were daylight but the dark colors of her armor might simply make her stand out less amid the urban colors. At the least, the small, slightly glowing red slits of the helmet that marked her eyes wouldn't make her any less intimidating but that wasn't her concern right now.

In any case, the man would potentially be in for a surprise when the well armored and, apparently similarly armed, figure called out to him. "Hey you! Got a moment?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"Oh, well I can't give you every detail or anything. I haven't studied it like some people, but I can give you a good idea." Valente explains enough to give Harold a general idea of how their vampirism works, going into a bit of detail about some of their capabilities, and how different vampires develope a few different variations in abilities.

[Suncrest Manor]

It's just then that Nadia comes up behind Irena and puts her hands on her fiancee's hips. She freezes when she catches sight of the Enforcers.

Macario's eyebrow shoots up when he sees her. "You know, I was wondering if it could've possibly been you when they told me your name. I'd thought I heard you came over here too." The vampire's eyes look at Nadia's hands on Irena's hips and then back up to their faces.

"Uh, yeah. You know, thought it'd be a good opportunity." Nadia smiles nervously. She slides her hands off Irena and buries them in her pockets.

"Yeah, but the Wall... well, it doesn't exactly get the best attention." Nadia says. "Why do you think we should take care of it ourselves anyway?" She asks.

[Outside the Rusty Dagger]

This woman is amazingly dense, but Samona already knew that, didn't she. "Tell me about the fire vampire." She orders, throwing more compulsion into her words. This would be so much easier if the car was here, but it wasn't quite yet.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The moment she knocks on the door she can hear a voice from the other side. "Yes? Who is it?"
    The name's Bianca. I heard that you like hats. Bianca says loud enough to be heard through a door, but trying not to be too loud.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish

We dislike Magtok more than we dislike you, so we are willing to lend assistance in removing him from the picture. Unfortunately, there's really no-one else on this plane less despicable than yourself, so, after that we will be parting ways. The end. So saying, Argon pusheshis chair back and stands to go, tucking the E14 rifle under his arm.
    Enshadu growls and stands up. The room seeming to darken a little bit. You have answered nothing! HOw are we to remove him? Hm? The only way to kill off Magtok is by destroying the cloning vats..and each individual Magtok! We need to attack the Magcave. It's the only way...How are we to do this? Hm? Are any of the soldiers or Argon wearing metal?

19. - Top - End - #199

The Gutted Fish

Even besides their guns, the soldiers are carrying extra ammo, combat knives and dart rounds tucked away in case Enshadu gets nasty, plus shoe and belt buckles. It's not all that much, but if Enshadu can manipulate metal I imagine he could cause some significant damage.

Oh, you're listening to us now? Argon smirks, sitting down again. I'd like to point out that actually helping you fight Magtok was never part of the deal. We merely agreed to advise, so already we're being quite generous.

20. - Top - End - #200

"I love hats!" Comes the reply followed by a pause. "I'd let you in, but I'm a bit all over the place right now, can you wait some minutes? You could tell me how much you love hats in the meantime, I love meeting like-minded people."

[Malechenar]

"Fascinating, you spread through the same way as the erathi." Valente might have heard earth vampires being called this. "But I understand that you, Valente, aren't just any vampire. Ryhe mentioned something about a abnormality about you that is missing in others of your kind. Do you know anything about this?"

[Suncrest Manor]

"So you two know each other?" Irena asks curiously, with all these guards around maybe she didn't need to be that stressed.

"Since I don't trust children's homes. They're... well, I just don't want they to deal with it. What do they know anything? You're going to be the mother after all."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"Well, um... This is going to sound dumb, but I was changed, but I don't really know what into. Not exactly I mean." Valente rubs the back of his head awkwardly.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Um, kind of. I went to high school with his daughter." Nadia explains.

"I used to volunteer a lot at the school for this and that, so I'd met more of her class mates before they graduated." Macario adds. "It's good to see you, though. Looks like you're doing pretty good for yourself." He glances past them into the manor.

Nadia is momentarily distracted after Irena refers to her as a mother. It's a funny thought, really. It's definitely not something she'd thought she'd ever be close to experiencing. She just gets to go thought all the uncomfortable parts of it now.

"Er." Whoops, Nadia lost track of what they were talking about for a minute. "Well maybe we can try something ourselves. I'll call them first thought, just to see if they maybe have something. Why don't you like children's homes anyway?"

22. - Top - End - #202

[Malechenar]

"How were you changed?" Harold asks as he leans over to the side, supporting his oval-shaped head on his right hand.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena laughs, "Yep, Nadia is quite the gold digger. It's my house and money." She teases. The lampade didn't even have a job anymore.

Not that Irena is any better, she never did a honest day of work in her life, then she got money from a demon.

"Maybe since I was raised at one, I dunno." Technically that wasn't a children s home though.

Eadelain's Mindscape

Astrana nods thoughtfully. "I suspect it might be a result of some sort of experiment. I'm not sure it's connected to her intelligence though or if that's separate from this. I think the only way of really finding out though is going straight to the source." She says with a meaningful look at the black hole.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-10 at 08:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"I don't know everything, but I'm stronger, faster, my senses are more keen. And I've noticed that any sort of wounds I get heal very fast, but I've never had anything worse than a small cut." He explains.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia laughs nervously. Macario gives them both a funny look, like he can't quite figure something out. Between the pregnancy, Irena and what she's said, and Nadia's odd appearance, this is all rather puzzling.

"Right then. I suppose we'd better not keep you." He says to Irena. "Nadia will be kept safe, though you may want to consider staying here yourself. You never know if these people would try and get to Nadia through you." He recommends.

Nadia frowns a little. "I thought you'd said you were forced to stay at that mental hospital." The concern is evident in Nadia's tone when she brings that up. She knows that that wasn't a happy time in her life in the slightest.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-12-10 at 12:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish

Even besides their guns, the soldiers are carrying extra ammo, combat knives and dart rounds tucked away in case Enshadu gets nasty, plus shoe and belt buckles. It's not all that much, but if Enshadu can manipulate metal I imagine he could cause some significant damage.

Oh, you're listening to us now? Argon smirks, sitting down again. I'd like to point out that actually helping you fight Magtok was never part of the deal. We merely agreed to advise, so already we're being quite generous.
    Enshadu has the ability to control metals, and draw them into himself. Right now, he's glaring through the lenses at his face mask. So...Advise me? What do you mean advise me? I'd not make an enemy of me, my friends. Or I will simply continue my plans, and you'll be next in line. I could kill you all, right now! But....what would the point in that be! No weapon you own could even scratch me. What...exactly are you going to help with? I need a cloning vat, or several. That's all I need....you supply this, and we can talk about trading with our companies, if this was a waste of my valuable time...your blood will spill today. Enshadu's metal arms clack and turn. Two extra arms unfold out of the cyborg's lower chest. Now he has all four of his metal, clawed arms out, folded over his chest.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wildside]

"Yeah, you can barely go anywhere without being able to find bees. It's pretty cool. I like to watch them move around their hives. Those things are huge now." Scora says.
    "You need to be careful. The bees might attack you if you get too close to their hives," Cole warns Scora, sounding a bit worried.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

"I don't get that close. You don't have to worry about me." Scora says with what she thinks is a reassuring smile. "Besides, they don't bother me any when I'm around them other times."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eadelain's Mindscape

Astrana nods thoughtfully. "I suspect it might be a result of some sort of experiment. I'm not sure it's connected to her intelligence though or if that's separate from this. I think the only way of really finding out though is going straight to the source." She says with a meaningful look at the black hole.
    "A dangerous route. The power hasn't been able to break your wards, yet, but that may be because it isn't fully integrated into Eadelain." the mental Astrana stands up, and looks back at the real Astrana. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

28. - Top - End - #208

The Gutted Fish

Oh, stuff it. We agreed to advise, the payment for which has not been delivered. We agreed to possibly assist in an assault on the Magcave, in exchange for weapons. The soldier behind Enshadu's got his gun trained on him now, trying to line up a shot on one of his unarmored parts. We at no point agreed to give a cloning machine and make no mistake, we will not be doing so at any point in the future. Now, you can put a hold on your idiocy and listen to what we have to say, you can give us the weapons and let us take care of Magtok, or you can continue to threaten and lose the one alliance, however tenous, you have any hope of securing. Please do feel free to take the last option. I for one would be more than happy not to do business with you.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Jeu looks at Andromeda.

"We should take a close look. Only if we look over every single part of this we can calm down the people outside."
    "I could show you the room where we inject the essence if you wish." Tibatha suggests. "Please put back what you took from the boxes though, we are going to use that later."
    "Likely a good idea. After all, while a person is smart, people are dumb, cowardly animals," Andromeda sighs with a nod, before giving Tibatha a tired smile. "We would appreciate that, yes, if you could?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish

Oh, stuff it. We agreed to advise, the payment for which has not been delivered. We agreed to possibly assist in an assault on the Magcave, in exchange for weapons. The soldier behind Enshadu's got his gun trained on him now, trying to line up a shot on one of his unarmored parts. We at no point agreed to give a cloning machine and make no mistake, we will not be doing so at any point in the future. Now, you can put a hold on your idiocy and listen to what we have to say, you can give us the weapons and let us take care of Magtok, or you can continue to threaten and lose the one alliance, however tenous, you have any hope of securing. Please do feel free to take the last option. I for one would be more than happy not to do business with you.
    Enshadu obviously seems to be losing his patience. He growls and clacks his clawed metal fingers. All of Enshadu is metal, the only parts of him not metal happen to be his upper chest and his head, his upper chest shielded by layers of surgically implanted plates of elementium. His head, covered by the mask/respirator system. I will give you the weapons, but, I want to assist in the siege. I want to kill Magtok just as much as you do! I give you the weapons, we attack Magtok. Deal?