New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah, iirc even going to sleep for a couple minutes messes it up and you have to pretty much start over again. I think they're supposed to start after ~72 consecutive hours of being awake (or something along those lines).
    Sigh...

ION: I'm trying to get my first job. I've basically got everything lined up for a job at CVS (oooooooo, so glamorous!), but their system is being a butt and I can't figure out how to get one of the forms to submit properly so I can finish up all the pre-starting paperwork.
    Is it still paperwork when it's completely online?

Is it still breakfast if you're up all night snacking?
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah, iirc even going to sleep for a couple minutes messes it up and you have to pretty much start over again. I think they're supposed to start after ~72 consecutive hours of being awake (or something along those lines).
    Ah. I sadly cannot verify this, since I've never managed to get past that stage where you find yourself just sort of zoning out at different times. Or possibly the stage where the body compensates by throwing you into a fit of manic energy - hey, you aren't sleeping, so clearly there is some sort of impending threat that needs dealing with.

Absol - One would suspect from it's linguistic roots that a meal cannot be a 'breakfast' if you are not, in fact, breaking a fast, and therefore snacking overnight disqualifies it. Then again, common parlance nowadays suggests that any meal eaten between certain hours of the day is breakfast, regardless of the technical accuracy. I suppose it depends how pedantic one wishes to be...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #1053

I have decided I hate Minecraft cave spiders. It was quite a quick decision, as I have yet to be acquainted with their species for longer than an hour, but I feel, given the circumstances in which we first first met, I am entirely justified in my following statement "I WILL KILL EVERY SINGLE ****ING CAVE SPIDER AND CURSE THEIR EVERY SPAWN POINT WITH MY PURE UNADULTERATED HATRED!!!"

So yeah, the pink sky was probably what the sunset looks like through cloud,s it didn't seem possible as it was so evenly uniform, but I can't think of anything else. That's also explain how it blinked away in a moment and every was darker.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Absol - One would suspect from it's linguistic roots that a meal cannot be a 'breakfast' if you are not, in fact, breaking a fast, and therefore snacking overnight disqualifies it. Then again, common parlance nowadays suggests that any meal eaten between certain hours of the day is breakfast, regardless of the technical accuracy. I suppose it depends how pedantic one wishes to be...
    I consider breakfast to just be the first meal of the day. Be it in the morning, afternoon or night. (I used to sleep odd hours... Don't judge me )

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I have decided I hate Minecraft cave spiders. It was quite a quick decision, as I have yet to be acquainted with their species for longer than an hour, but I feel, given the circumstances in which we first first met, I am entirely justified in my following statement "I WILL KILL EVERY SINGLE ****ING CAVE SPIDER AND CURSE THEIR EVERY SPAWN POINT WITH MY PURE UNADULTERATED HATRED!!!"

So yeah, the pink sky was probably what the sunset looks like through cloud,s it didn't seem possible as it was so evenly uniform, but I can't think of anything else. That's also explain how it blinked away in a moment and every was darker.
    Hsssssssssssssss

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

I've just got a drawer I use for underwear, socks, and sleepwear.
    I know it's an old post I'm quoting, but...

That just leaves gloves, hats and shirts, right?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    I know it's an old post I'm quoting, but...

That just leaves gloves, hats and shirts, right?
    And my emergency britches.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

So................................

How's the weather?

9. - Top - End - #1059

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

I have yet to be properly acquainted with such things, mostly because my only way of playing Minecraft at present is via the iPad version. And that version is, I say without doubt nor hesitation, utterly terrible. Creative mode only, and the world is limited to a tiny chunk of (I think) about 100 blocks in each direction, maximum.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post

How's the weather?
    Warmer than it ought to be, but colder than it was a week or two ago. I'm still waiting for it to drop below freezing and stay there.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

How's the weather?
    Consistently around freezing.
    It's a rather jarring change from southern California.

ION: Apparently there was a mall shooting in said region, and one of my Facebook friends was at the mall. She didn't get hurt (fortunately), but immediately before she posted a status about it, someone else posted a status saying "Shoot me now!!! Still effing shopping... Seriously".
    I felt bad for laughing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Shootings are pretty much no laughing matter.

But besides that, it snowed all day where I'm at. And I think I'm catching a cold.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Making up words is a good thing. Like "Oneiratic". Great word. I was all like "INSPIRE ME WITH YOUR EXAMPLE OF SLUMBER
    BE MY ONEIRATIC MUSE
    WAIT I DON'T THINK THAT'S A WORD
    Oneiratic, from Oneiros the greek god of dreams
    TIS A WORD NOW"

There, new word, eh?
    Small nitpick... Words beginning with the prefix oneir-/oneiro- specifically relate to dreams or dreamlike states, as ins oneiromancy, oneirodynia, oneirocriticism, oneirophrenia, oneirophobia, oneirism, oneiric, etc.
    An oneiratic muse would inspire you through their dreams, dreamlike qualities, or dreamlike state.

If you want a word relating to sleep, it had best start with hypno- in relation to the Greek god of sleep.

Final note: Oneiros wasn't a particular deity, but the singular relating to a group of beings, the Oneiroi, who brought dreams to mortals, of which Morpheus, and some others, are named specifically due to their skills with bringing forth certain images.

The Oneiros just happen to my favourite godlings.
    To me, they're like an entire group of Morpheus, Dream, the Sandman.

I'm obsessed with all those characters.
    And you then went and clarified... But the plural is Oneiroi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The drinking will kill him soon enough, if not another part of his lifestyle. Why get your hands dirty?

I really recommend Day[9] for thoroughly helpful Starcraft 2 advice. He has the added bonus of being hilarious and charismatic, and sexy (though that means less to you).
    But I don't want him dead. I want him to suffer. There's a difference.
    And besides, it would be terrible of me to kill my best friend.

You please me; I think importation of such words into English is fabulous, but I would ask that you respect the vowel theme of the original and say Oneirotic.
    I've already discussed this and how the etymological basis is off.
    We must be careful with our new words, lest things that make absolutely no sense and lack proper precedence enter our language.

Ah, true, I apologize, that is much better. In my defence, it was pushing on 3 AM, and I was exhausted.
    So you were suffering from oneirophrenia then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Sorry, I was at James' place on his Mum's laptop I can play a few today at some point. Also, I'm thinking of possibly coming over your place for the day tomorrow. 'Cause the inspection of here is tomorrow, gotta be out of the house between 9am-12pm so yeah...
    That seems acceptable.

He's not too bad at SC1, but SC2 I haven't really seen him play much. Although, if he's Protoss.. Get lots of AA and detection. So no mass VR/Carrier and/or DT's.
    Stop giving them advice on how to beat me. I don't tell them about your weaknesses.

Get rid of me?
    Not seriously.

I barely drink at all, Mr Budgie! It's the smoking that'll kill me for sure.
    You should give that up. I don't even know why you started in this day and age with so much freely available information and the constant health warnings...

How's the weather?
    Warm, but no longer dry and oppressively hot. Either I have adapted or it's cooled slightly. Plus we've had some rain which always makes things better.

In other news: Damn knots in my hair...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-12-16 at 12:20 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #1064

Psh, I don't do technical greek things! I'm studying Arabic, give me alchemy, algebra and alcohol any day! Though emphasis on the 3rd, not too keen on the first two to be serious...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Oh look, I seem to have gone to bed with an unprocessed multi-quote...

May I interest you in square brackets for your last example? We use them in archival descriptions to denote something that the archivist has added himself, like for a supplied date or title when the date or title is not extant in the document itself. Well, it's sort of [semi-]relevant to you. I just like them.
    Well, that's actually the way I usually use them in common speech (although I generally only infer a simple "[...]" to denote where I've shortened it), unless I use it for fake tags, but that's pretty forum specific. However, it gets quite silly when you do it to your own writings like that. It looks like I've edited your post, rather than them being there from the start.

The archivists and the programmers shall fight a great fight for determination of the bracket. You shall hack our precious databases, and corrupt our finding aids; we shall inoculate your servers with dangerous book fungi and sabotage your environmental controls to fluctuate and damage equipment with changing humidity and temperatures.

The world's only hope shall be the friendship of one teddy and one budgie, cast on opposing teams, whose refusal to fight each other shall lead to a great new unity between our people.
    Hehe, I wouldn't dare to damage your databases without taking a proper backup first. I might need to shield my hardware from environmental hazards however...

Also, naww...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

furious Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Stop giving them advice on how to beat me. I don't tell them about your weaknesses.
    It seems the be lings/festor.
    You should give that up. I don't even know why you started in this day and age with so much freely available information and the constant health warnings...
    This is a thing I don't often talk about, but gragh. It is literally impossible for someone who uses nicotine to not know the effects in any 1.5 world nation. You're just the 756th person to tell them, which isn't really going to get them to change their mind. And now that the packs are legally required to have pictures of dying lungs, you don't even need to bring a large annoying pamplet to get them pissed at how its their own damn choice and that everyone constantly yelling at them about it is kind of stressful, which smoking helps deal with.
    Basically, I don't think yells or lectures help. Not to mention my stupidly wide leniencies on civil liberties. Unless he's going to have a heart attack and die from direct usage, it's his right to do whatever he wants to. And obnoxious and disgusting images and warnings plastered everywhere really don't help. They just make me want to tear them down.

*rant ends, pants*

Warm, but no longer dry and oppressively hot. Either I have adapted or it's cooled slightly. Plus we've had some rain which always makes things better.

In other news: Damn knots in my hair...
    I like rain! Makes it cool. Of course, it's cold out NOW. Somehow rain heats up, cuz hydration is a beautiful way to add variants.

hehehehe.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1067

Psh, I don't do technical greek things! I'm studying Arabic, give me alchemy, algebra and alcohol any day! Though emphasis on the 3rd, not too keen on the first two to be serious...
    But...Greek is better than all of those things!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    But...Greek is better than all of those things!
    I happen to enjoy algebra far more than anything Greek I've encountered.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

19. - Top - End - #1069

I happen to enjoy algebra far more than anything Greek I've encountered.
    Oh, good. Might I therefore infer that I am not the only one who looked at the Algebra sections of my maths lessons with something other than crippling boredom/dread?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, good. Might I therefore infer that I am not the only one who looked at the Algebra sections of my maths lessons with something other than crippling boredom/dread?
    I love algebra.
    As well as most other aspects of maths.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    This is a thing I don't often talk about, but gragh. It is literally impossible for someone who uses nicotine to not know the effects in any 1.5 world nation. You're just the 756th person to tell them, which isn't really going to get them to change their mind. And now that the packs are legally required to have pictures of dying lungs, you don't even need to bring a large annoying pamplet to get them pissed at how its their own damn choice and that everyone constantly yelling at them about it is kind of stressful, which smoking helps deal with.
    Basically, I don't think yells or lectures help. Not to mention my stupidly wide leniencies on civil liberties. Unless he's going to have a heart attack and die from direct usage, it's his right to do whatever he wants to. And obnoxious and disgusting images and warnings plastered everywhere really don't help. They just make me want to tear them down.

*rant ends, pants*
    I should sig this or something. Or have a stamp made to put on annoying people's faces. You're very right Sheepie. <3 It's almost as bad as when I came out about being gay... I say I smoke to someone and they either give me a high-five and hand me a smoke, or they berate me constantly until I either quit or stop talking to them.

And in gay terms that's essentially, I say I'm gay to someone and if they are too they'd give me a hug, a peck on the cheek and say 'OMG GURL FRAN, U SAH HAWT!' (I'm just kidding. Please don't hurt me!) or they're like 'ew, get away from me' (which sadly has happened before).

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Anybody got tips on free-to-play MMOs?

I used to play DDO, but there aren't enough free quests to get past around level 11.

Considered WoW now that it's gone free, but everything I hear about it has too many collect-this quests and makes me think it's only the top because it came... not first, but early.

Considered EVE Online, but there's the whole becomes-a-job-to-make-enough-to-keep-buying-extensions thing. And the learning cliff.

Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

I only looked at it that way because it was in a textbook.
    Textbooks and I tend to have... issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post

I used to play DDO, but there aren't enough free quests to get past around level 11.

Considered WoW now that it's gone free, but everything I hear about it has too many collect-this quests and makes me think it's only the top because it came... not first, but early.

Considered EVE Online, but there's the whole becomes-a-job-to-make-enough-to-keep-buying-extensions thing. And the learning cliff.

Any tips?
    I didn't mind the collect-this quests in WoW much, honestly. The quest item is usually a pretty common drop, so you don't have to spend too long killing the mobs.
    Take my opinion with a grain of salt, though; I've sat down for half an hour just passing turns on Fire Emblem so I could get supports up.
    And also a solid 2 hours just playing in the arena so my characters were all stupidly high leveled and I could breeze through the next few chapters with little to no risk of losing them.
    ... Yeah, make that grain of salt a handful.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Colossus in the Playground

Any tips?
    ...don't play MMOs?

If you want an MMO esque expierance, play a game like Final Fantasy 12. It's vaguely MMO esque in terms of battle system, witht he benefit of not actually being an MMO.

At any rate, I don't really have any other advice, sorry.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Any tips?
    DDO is fun enough, but I haven't played it for ages so eh. (Clerics for the win!)

I played WoW for about a year, but I was a hardcore raider so I had some serious dedication to it. I loved it. But sadly, coming into the Mists of Pandaria expansion (released in September), I wasn't in a raid team. (long story short - Was in a raiding guild until a few weeks before expansion came out, sh*t went down, guild moved server partially 'cause of me apparently, I changed guilds, they didn't have room in raid teams) Not being in a raid team just devastated me. I've had WoW time for a week or so now, but barely played it. Considering making a new character though. Maybe even deleting some others.

EVE is alright, but it's very time-consuming. Especially if you're a miner like I am. And the skill-training takes absolutely forever. Took me a week and a half just to get the skills up for a decent ship. And even then, the next upgrade was 42 days of skills away.

I've also got Guild Wars 2 and it's excellent. I don't play it much 'cause I don't have as much free time as I used to (and Starcraft 2 has me in its clutches) but it is honestly a great game. Endless hours of gameplay, much better than WoW in both gameplay and graphics, and the community is so great because in so many situations, you need to team up with other players in random events otherwise either you'll die, or no-one will get the nice shiny item/money/exp that they want.

There are plenty of free-to-play MMO's out there, you just have to find one that suits you. I would go on about other MMO's I know (Flyff aka Fly For Fun is a good one if you don't mind the cartoon-ish-ness) but I need'a go to Ele's.

Enjoy!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

And my emergency britches.
    I thought you were at a place with no pants. Aren't britches a type of pants?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, if you had of based your new word using Arabic roots, then I would have had no ability to object to it. As it is, my entire knowledge of Arabic is contained within the name of the Demon Star.

It seems the be lings/festor.
    Unfortunately, I am even worse at Zerg.

*rant ends, pants*
    I know that. But if I didn't complain about Mynxae's smoking, he'd think I was ill or something. I mean, just because I keep telling Mynxae how to live his life doesn't mean I'm trying to. He can smoke if he wants, just not where I can smell it.
    Also... Mynxae... Why have you added Mynxae to the dictionary on your laptop?

I like rain! Makes it cool. Of course, it's cold out NOW. Somehow rain heats up, cuz hydration is a beautiful way to add variants.

hehehehe.
    Unfortunately... I think it's turning dry again and I can smell smoke...

I should sig this or something. Or have a stamp made to put on annoying people's faces. You're very right Sheepie. <3 It's almost as bad as when I came out about being gay... I say I smoke to someone and they either give me a high-five and hand me a smoke, or they berate me constantly until I either quit or stop talking to them.

And in gay terms that's essentially, I say I'm gay to someone and if they are too they'd give me a hug, a peck on the cheek and say 'OMG GURL FRAN, U SAH HAWT!' (I'm just kidding. Please don't hurt me!) or they're like 'ew, get away from me' (which sadly has happened before).
    However, the difference between smoking and being gay is one is perfectly acceptable and the other causes lung cancer. I won't go into it any further because you know my thoughts already.

And anyway... I'm actually very accepting of people smoking, unless I can smell it. It's only people I care for that I say are idiots for doing it.

Glad to here you're already on your way Mynxae.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1078

The Supreme Court ruled in Absol's favour on this issue a while back. Honestly, do try to keep up

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

No, they're trousers.
    And only for emergencies.
    Like when it's below freezing and I'm doing PT.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Any tips?
    DDO has enough free content to get you up to level 15 or so now, by which point you should be able to save up enough turbine points (you get them for reaching certain faction favour boundaries) to buy the Vale of Twilight adventure pack, which can take you all the way to 20 if you don't mind grinding a bit.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!