New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Banned

Default Re: League of Legends XLII: I Hope The New Champ Is Vi-able

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    First item should probably be Warmogs at this point. If you want CDR Kindlegem.

Boots vary on lane/enemy comp.

After that you should probably go for CDR and tank items. Frozen Fist, Spirit Visage, Shurelias.

At least, that if you want to be a tank. If you want to play crit plank get Hydra, Static Shiv, and infinity edge.
    Full tank Gangplank is a big wall of meat that doesn't actually accomplish much. Mix damage and your tanky items for best results.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You know Warmogs is really OP right now

I swear rushing it on a Shen (or really any top lane champion that isn't full bruiser) almost guarantees I never lose the lane.

Anyone else have this "problem"? (I really don't think its a problem - more like a solution to all this quite strong bruisers who rush Black Cleaver).

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

At least, that if you want to be a tank. If you want to play crit plank get Hydra, Static Shiv, and infinity edge.
    How does Hydra interact with Parrrley?

EDIT: As I feared, I missed a few 'r's...
    Last edited by Khaeta; 2013-01-16 at 03:48 PM.
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    How does Hydra interact with Parrrley?

EDIT: As I feared, I missed a few 'r's...
    It counts, activating the splash damage, but it's still based off of your AD and not the Parrrrrrrrrley damage. And I remember hearing in-game that if the splash kills multiple minions then you get parrrrrrrrrrrrley's bonus gold on all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #755

So, played Amumu jungle in ranked solo. 3 ganks, 4 kills. Then teamfights. I have Giants belt, Merc Treads, and Spirit Stone.

They aren't attacking me, even when I initiate.

I rush Rylai's. I have never felt so dirty.

EDIT: Finished 3/2/16. With a double kill.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2013-01-16 at 06:02 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Rylai's, Liandry's, Abyssal, Spirit Golem, RoA, Sorc Shoes.

You're deceptively tanky, and you hit like a massive truck of death.

7. - Top - End - #757

So is the new patch completely broken for anyone else? By which I mean I have friends running around with negative gold, I am unable to control my character (doesn't respond to input) and my graphics are glitching all over the place.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Full tank Gangplank is a big wall of meat that doesn't actually accomplish much. Mix damage and your tanky items for best results.
    Frozen Fist and CDR. You are super good at peeling for your ADC that way. But then again, if you want to KILL STUFF, then yeah, stuff like Triforce or Black Cleaver (I guess) is good. I've always been a fan of the tankplank though.

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    So is the new patch completely broken for anyone else? By which I mean I have friends running around with negative gold, I am unable to control my character (doesn't respond to input) and my graphics are glitching all over the place.
    I've had some problems with lag, but nothing major. And I think that it might be my roommate playing BF3.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

10. - Top - End - #760

Well, myself, Winstonthe4th, HotshotGG and Link115 all had huge lag issues at the same time, so it's safe to assume that was NA-related. It turns out the graphics issue I am having is fixed by updating my graphics card drivers to the newest beta version, which makes me think it might be similar to when RAGE didn't work on ATI cards on release (game was written for drivers that weren't available for public use yet).

No word yet on why Winston had negative gold when buying items.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, so I setup Mumble, I'm no the server, I can see people around doing .. "things". I read the rules of conduct (yeah, me) :)

So, how does one usually hook up in a game? I hate being "rude" by jumping into a channel or such, so just wondering how people generally arrange a game on there? What'st he standard routine?
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ditto View Post
    Ok, so I setup Mumble, I'm no the server, I can see people around doing .. "things". I read the rules of conduct (yeah, me) :)

So, how does one usually hook up in a game? I hate being "rude" by jumping into a channel or such, so just wondering how people generally arrange a game on there? What'st he standard routine?
    It varies. Feel free to jump into channels with people and ask around; it's only rude if you're talking over people. I'd generally avoid interrupting if people are obviously in a game.

My preferred method is to get on people's LoL friends list as a Mumbler. A lot of people will just send out invites to a bunch of people.

EDIT: Basically, there is no standard routine. Some people jump around into populated rooms and ask if there's a group with room with one more. Some people take initiative and invite/ask if people are up for a game. Some folks are passive and just basically hope for invites. Joining a channel isn't rude in any form.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2013-01-16 at 06:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

I know this feeling. Just jump into a channel that has alot of people in it and ask if anyone is free to play a game of league. That is just about the only way to get people going in mumble.

Later on when you get everyone on your friends list you can often just spam invites to people who are free and then set up a channel in mumble that you join together for your game.

Edit: Zed'd
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2013-01-16 at 06:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, you basically just sit in a channel awkwardly until you finally decide that you're going to join a random channel and listen in because you have nothing better to do. And then someone leaves and you end up playing a game.
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Been lurking here for a really long while.

Forum name is the same as my NA and EUW accounts.

Server: NA (28) EUW (30)
    Summoner Name: Outsideheaven

Guess it's time I try playing with you guys. Hi.

I mostly main top laners, but I love playing Kassadin.
    Last edited by Outsideheaven; 2013-01-16 at 09:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I should add myself here.

Server: NA (30)
    Summoner Name: Postmodernist

Support, Top.
    Last edited by Postmodernist; 2013-01-16 at 09:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ugh. I keep playing in streaks. I literally lost 6 games in a row. I've gotten a lot better at controlling my attitude and emotions when playing, but I still play in streaks.

I lose 6 games in a row and feel like I'm terrible, then I win 4 games in a row and feel like my elo has been reset (well, to be fair, the 1st game was a 4v5, but the next three were hilariously easy all things considered).

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Rylai's, Liandry's, Abyssal, Spirit Golem, RoA, Sorc Shoes.

You're deceptively tanky, and you hit like a massive truck of death.
    This is basically my jungle Moomsy build, except RoA is way too much of a luxury for a gold-strapped jungler. I'd personally get Frozen Heart instead, because I have a fetish for CDR, but Warmog's or Randuin's would also work.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Banned

Frozen Fist and CDR. You are super good at peeling for your ADC that way. But then again, if you want to KILL STUFF, then yeah, stuff like Triforce or Black Cleaver (I guess) is good. I've always been a fan of the tankplank though.
    If you wanted to play Tankplank with extra slow, Frozen Mallet has been available for years, but that Gangplank was never particularly strong. When bruiser CDR options are better than ever, why would you build GP tanky CDR down the line? I could see some build order towards Warmog's, Cleaver, Frozen Fist, LW; or aether's suggestion of IE, Shiv, and tanky; but a Mundo build? No.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2013-01-16 at 10:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770

For jungling Fiora, what start works best? Longsword/pot? Dorans? Double Bead into Tiamat? Machete+5?

I start WEQE, then max R>E>W>Q.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

21. - Top - End - #771

In S3, I can't think of a single jungler who doesn't want to start Machete, and I'm not sure how I feel about this development. At the least, you can't go wrong with Machete start as a jungler, machete + 5 should work fine.

I want to say Stonewall starts with Riposte, then Burst of Speed on Fiora, with Lunge after that. He's my go-to resource for oh-snap-how-do-I-jungle.

22. - Top - End - #772

Ugh. I keep playing in streaks. I literally lost 6 games in a row. I've gotten a lot better at controlling my attitude and emotions when playing, but I still play in streaks.

I lose 6 games in a row and feel like I'm terrible, then I win 4 games in a row and feel like my elo has been reset (well, to be fair, the 1st game was a 4v5, but the next three were hilariously easy all things considered).
    This is why,(and you may think I am joking but I am serious) I have an entire folder of over 2000+ funny pictures, gifs and comics that I just page through after I have a bad day or something like what you said with a horrible losing streak.

Go on 9gag or youtube search funny cat videos until you feel better. I know it works for me.

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    In S3, I can't think of a single jungler who doesn't want to start Machete, and I'm not sure how I feel about this development. At the least, you can't go wrong with Machete start as a jungler, machete + 5 should work fine.

I want to say Stonewall starts with Riposte, then Burst of Speed on Fiora, with Lunge after that. He's my go-to resource for oh-snap-how-do-I-jungle.
    So, he skills the same way I do.

Still working out what items to work towards, since there's a lot of new stuff she likes.

Zephyr, BotRK, and Hydra are all super-good-looking on her.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm really not all that sure about BotRK and Zephyr on Fiora. Guess it depends on your build, and I forgot if I read it here, but BotRK is much more efficient when you're not building AD and are building only one or two offensive items. If you're going for 3-4 offensive items and less tank, BT wins out. As for Zephyr, I guess it could be useful, and a replacement for PD, if you didn't go for tabi or the spirit of the ancient golem thing out of the jungle. I'd probably do core BC + Hydra + Warmog. Maybe Frozen Mallet for the slows and a PD or something?

Haven't played Fiora in a long while, but yeah.

I guess BotRK could be cool in the sense that you'd do huge AoE if it interacts with your ult (Along with the Hydra) and you ult their whole team at full HP, but once they're at 50% health or less, the BT is going to outdamage it.
    Last edited by Outsideheaven; 2013-01-16 at 11:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #775

The Bork-bork will actually outdamage Bludthirsta when you whack someone with over 1500 health. Against a lower-health target, BT wins out. Building crit tilts the advantage towards BT, but since nobody but carries build much crit at all, it's not terribly important for bruisers. Take that how you will.

Bloodthirster is a stronger item if you have strong AD ratios, though Fiora really doesn't, when her only AD ratios are her rather unspectacular Lunge and her ult, which procs on-hits anyways, and is basically a modified autoattack of sorts.

I think Fiora would actually benefit from Hydra as a third big AD item, after, say, Cleavage and Bork-Bork. Her wave clear isn't phenomenal, so with it she'll be able to push out quickly, which is always useful once you're no longer laning.

Also Hydra and BC means she'll have more cleavage in her build. please don't hurt me please don't hurt me
    Last edited by dgnslyr; 2013-01-17 at 01:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As a bruiser (Or melee carry who might actually build crit?) with no peel I'd assume Fiora is usually going for the squishies (ADCs probably) who usually have what? 1800 HP? Which is why I would prefer BT on her over BotRK. Unless their whole team is stacking HP.

Edit: Wow. I figured I'd try Fiora and test out some items on her and guess who's probably their top laner.

Malphite.
    Last edited by Outsideheaven; 2013-01-17 at 02:23 AM.

27. - Top - End - #777

I'm seeing a lot of carries building Warmog's as their defensive item nowadays, for what it's worth.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    The Bork-bork will actually outdamage Bludthirsta when you whack someone with over 1500 health.
    It's current health, not max, so it only outdamages bloodthirster as long as they're still above 1500 health. Bloodthirster is usually better unless you really want the slow from Cutlass to snowball lane, which is unusual because Brutalizer is usually better for snowballing lane.

Re : Ganplank builds. I play a ton of Gangplank and I've experimented with most types of builds on him, though I haven't played him since the Frozen Fist nerf (it's still probably good on him). In general you want a lane dominance item first, which means damage because you max W first in lane. Either I go dblades -> glacial shroud -> frozen fist, or I go statik shiv. Occasionally I'll rush BotRK if the enemy toplaner rushed Warmog's. In general my "core" three items are shiv/fist/warmog's, which are all extremely good on the geepster. After that lots of items are good, but they're all super situational.
    Last edited by Laudandus; 2013-01-17 at 03:04 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I did pretty great. I was almost 1v5ing them successfully at one point, but our Nid and Yi were completely useless and fed Ahri hard and early.

Spoiler
    Show

Also:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/495...0117000655.png

Support Annie doing more damage to champions than jungle Yi and mid Nid. With less farm.

As for GP: S2 6 Tiamat build was the best. Maybe 5 Tiamats and an IE. Oneshot teams by hitting minions.
    Last edited by Outsideheaven; 2013-01-17 at 03:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Outsideheaven View Post
    I did pretty great. I was almost 1v5ing them successfully at one point, but our Nid and Yi were completely useless and fed Ahri hard and early.

Spoiler
    Show

Also:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/495...0117000655.png

Support Annie doing more damage to champions than jungle Yi and mid Nid. With less farm.

As for GP: S2 6 Tiamat build was the best. Maybe 5 Tiamats and an IE. Oneshot teams by hitting minions.
    To be fair, Annie is known for her crazy base damages, IIRC.