New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIV: A Lightning Arc in All But Speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    milk chocolate pants.
    :hystericallaughter:
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2013-05-07 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    milk chocolate pants.
    Hey, that's a pretty good idea, actually. Wonder what a Spark would do with it.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Hey, that's a pretty good idea, actually. Wonder what a Spark would do with it.
    Probably make it the town's dress code.

On the bigger issue, I really, really, hope Tweedle is a complete moron. Because only a complete moron could think that Agatha could be persuaded to join the rebellion willingly, ergo, if Tweedle is not a complete moron, he'll realize that he's planning on raping and enslaving one of the most powerful Sparks in Europa, and he'll have some plan to do it. I don't want to find out what that plan is.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Yeah, you should always take idiots seriously. Because they are likely to do something so stupid that you are totaly unprepared for it. It's like the old saying about the best swordsman in the world not being afraid of the 2nd best swordsman, but the worst swordsman because he has no clue what the worst swordsman was going to do.
    Eh. I've never liked that saying. I'm not the best swordsman in the world, but I'm pretty good. I'm always concerned about the next-best swordsman, but unconcerned about the worst swordsman. Because on any given day, as the vagaries of chance intervene, "almost as good" can translate to "better, at that particular moment, under those particular circumstances". And while I don't know exactly what stupid thing the worst swordsman is going to do, I can be pretty sure that it'll be slow, ineffectual, and easily countered, and that he'll have no ability to handle what I'm going to do to him.

Also, milk chocolate pants: terrible idea.

They should be dark chocolate.
    Last edited by John Campbell; 2013-05-07 at 09:42 PM.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

New Girl Genius.

Spoiler
    Show
    OH SHI-
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed.

Also, what the heck happened to your spoiler tag?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Strobe comic...that was different
    Last edited by stsasser; 2013-05-08 at 12:51 AM.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Indeed.

He put the "large font" tags around the spoiler tag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #1059

He just put the Bold and Size tags around the spoiler box, instead of inside it.

Waiting for someone with more Photoshop-Fu to separate the two images.
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2013-05-08 at 01:17 AM.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed.

Well I WAS going to claim that the Baron's bomb affected it, but some people had to ruin it
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... I'm bored and awake.

Lemme go separate the comic, brb.

12. - Top - End - #1062

ClericGirl

Oh great, now I've gone blind! :P
    \'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves....

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, looks like one image is the Baron holding up the Ball'O'Doom, and the other is Tweedle getting punched out by Agatha. Wonder why they chose to present this particular strip like this? There has to be a reason those two actions are associated...

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

One is of Gkika trying to get the ball O'doom from the Baron, and the other is Tweedle getting a well-deserved beating.

I moved them to be the right proportions, give or take.
    Spoiler
    Show

And here they are scrunched up:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you very much, Forrestfire.

...ah, hell, that looks like
    Spoiler
    Show
    either they accidentally shoved Tweedle (and themselves alongside him) into the portal, or Tweedle ignores the pain and hurls himself (and them) into it. That can't be good.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Looks to me like Tweedle is lunging through the green portally-thing despite getting a beat down from Agatha and Violetta.
    ~Xel

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, while Tweedle may want to go throught the Gate, he is being knocked throught by Kosp. Whatever the Barons' Ball of DooM(tm) does those characters will be out of range.

18. - Top - End - #1068

I have to wonder what's going on in the Klaus half of the panel. Why is Gika so panicked when Klaus already surrendered?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

19. - Top - End - #1069

I am guessing a massive spark whoopsy when the device klaus has goes off at the same time as they try to go through the portal. Probably setting up the scenario where she eventually does her reality window/time travel thing in an effort to make it back home in the right time frame.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    I have to wonder what's going on in the Klaus half of the panel. Why is Gika so panicked when Klaus already surrendered?
    Because she is smart enough to know that Klaus is "Up to Zumptink" and is a super dangerouse person.

21. - Top - End - #1071

BlackDragon

Yeah, it's a lot clearer in Forrestfire's adaptation--it looks like Agatha and the others are about to get sucked into the portal, and the Baron's device is starting to glow ominously. The implication is that Mechanicsburg is about to get obliterated, leaving just Agatha, Violetta, Krosp and Tweedle to survive it.

If that's true you'd think it will make most commenters here happy--we get to leave Mechanicsburg at last!
    Last edited by factotum; 2013-05-08 at 06:52 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Yeah, it's a lot clearer in Forrestfire's adaptation--it looks like Agatha and the others are about to get sucked into the portal, and the Baron's device is starting to glow ominously. The implication is that Mechanicsburg is about to get obliterated, leaving just Agatha, Violetta, Krosp and Tweedle to survive it.

If that's true you'd think it will make most commenters here happy--we get to leave Mechanicsburg at last!
    Hrm.

Now that I think about it, they've carefully moved most of the important named characters out of Mechanicsburg. Mostly, the thing with Higgs and Zeetha is strangely suspicious in retrospect, since there was no real reason for them to leave the city except to get them out of range of this.

That said, who's still left in the city? Von Zinzer, Tarvek, Othar (although of course he'll survive, whatever it is, and could possibly save a few other people in the process)...?

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps Mamma knows what the device is and realizes their only chance is for her to smash it?

(I note it's still on '5'. I thought that was a count-down; but maybe cranking the Ball o' Doom up to five is the equivalent of going to eleven with other devices.)

RE Agatha, Tweedle, Krosp, and Violetta: Yes, looks like they're taking a trip and leaving the Abbess behind. I'm surprised Violetta's knife isn't in Tweedle's back, but maybe Krosp's impact combined with Agatha's punch spoiled her shot. The interesting thing, though, is where they're going: You're going to have two extremely dangerous women, one cat king, and Tweedle... somewhere. But where?

The Foglios reportedly said Agatha would be leaving Mechanicsburg soon. But I didn't expect this.

24. - Top - End - #1074

BarbarianGuy

And here they are scrunched up:

Spoiler
    Show
    Liddle Klaus & Gkika, swallowed in grown-up clothes, are hilarious. The Foglios could make another fortune on a 'Junior Heterodyne Stories' spinoff.
    Last edited by stsasser; 2013-05-08 at 03:04 PM.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

One is of Gkika trying to get the ball O'doom from the Baron, and the other is Tweedle getting a well-deserved beating.

I moved them to be the right proportions, give or take.
    Thank you for your efforts! That is much clearer! And more... ominous...

Still, what a remarkable bit of artwork. I wonder if Mr Foglio drew it like that, or drew two separate pages and combined them in strips...

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Hrm.

Now that I think about it, they've carefully moved most of the important named characters out of Mechanicsburg. Mostly, the thing with Higgs and Zeetha is strangely suspicious in retrospect, since there was no real reason for them to leave the city except to get them out of range of this.

That said, who's still left in the city? Von Zinzer, Tarvek, Othar (although of course he'll survive, whatever it is, and could possibly save a few other people in the process)...?
    Hmm... Moloch survives, because he's in the time windows.

The Foglios once were asked if Klaus and Agatha were going to meet again, and said there would be a big confrontation. Maybe Zeetha's been shuffled out of the way for that?

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

Warning, TvTropes link:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...rrenderSuckers
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Because she is smart enough to know that Klaus is "Up to Zumptink" and is a super dangerouse person.
    But he surrendered, which sort of by definition means that whatever he's up to, it's not attacking Agatha or harming Mechanicsburg.

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #1079

But he surrendered, which sort of by definition means that whatever he's up to, it's not attacking Agatha or harming Mechanicsburg.
    Unless the device is (all but) guaranteed to go off regardless of what Gkika does. As Klaus said, he's already accomplished whatever he came for. So, if there's nothing Gkika can do to stop it, why not just stand down and watch the results of whatever the device does rather than struggling for no reason.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Do you really believe that? You think he's being honest and not deceptive at all? Considering that he wasn't threatened or captured by Agatha's team, and, in fact, fought his way into Mechanicsburg, the fact that he surrendered immediately is incredibly suspicious.

I probably would have stripped him of all his clothes and tools, tied him up and thrown him in a deep, deep pit if I wanted to even think for a moment he wasn't a threat. And I'd probably be wrong.

Also, see Turalisj's tvtropes link. Surrendering is a tactic.