New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    No longer empty Forest

Mawile nods. The lights begin to swirl slowly, around the town... but don't seem to be endangering the group any.
    No longer empty Forest

Beatrix watches the ghostly lights together with Crystal and Mawile for a while before she suddenly springs into action again. "Anyone want to get a closer look?" She asks while grabbing her packpack. Maybe the ghosts were some kind of pokemon?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

Mawile, though hesitant, will come down from the tree. She doesn't approve of this plan, but chances are without unanimous disapproval Beatrix is going to go through with it and will need all the help she can get!

3. - Top - End - #33

No longer empty Forest

"Don't worry you guys. I just want to take a closer look. We aren't going to enter the town or anything." Beatrix replies as she starts to sneak towards the town to get a better look. Crystal snickers behind the trainers back and then turns to Mawile, apparently waiting for her to go first.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

Mawile will follow closely behind Beatrix, watching carefully...

The glowing lights are skulls. Human skulls, glowing with ghostly light.

Not Duskulls, full human skulls, empty eyes, spectral glow. If Beatrix tries to use her pokedex on one, it will register as not a pokemon.

5. - Top - End - #35

No longer empty Forest

Oh man if she only could video tape this... right! She was!

Also, Beatrix kinda don't have a pokedex. She will be getting one though! She will be watching them for a while though, trying to figure out what the heck they were doing there.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

It looks like the skulls are circling above the town, forming a definite circle around the town.

These skulls will circle the town all night, until shortly before sunrise, not doing anything else unless they are interacted with.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Cottage}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Good, back up and running without any damage. The magic I use to fix it up isn't very complicated but it takes it out of you. Even though I spent most of the day sitting still I feel like I ran a marathon." He smiles though, he doesn't mind being tired, it helps him feel like he accomplished something.
    Really? I didn't realize that was how you fixed your ship. Did it take you long to learn? Or is it just an innate ability?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #38

No longer empty Forest

Is anything different inside the town perhaps? Was there anything else then the floating skulls? Beatrix, will unless something happens, probably fall asleep again while watching the skulls. She won't awoken unless someone pokes her.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Cottage}

"It is a bit of both. The world I come from pretty much everyone has a little bit of magic. Then there is the fact that the world itself is alive and more then a bit magical. It mostly involves getting into the right state of mind to ask the ocean to fix my boat." He realizes it sounds a bit weird but to him talking to the ocean is perfectly normal, as is getting a response. "I've been told I am talanted at it."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

Mawile will make sure the next person takes watch, but besides that will not bug anyone.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Dir'ba Cave

"Could we could fly up there somehow?" Kevin says, "either that, or maybe pretend to be celebrity remodelers."
    I have left the Nexus and am no longer participating. (probably permanently)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside-Rock Hunting

Enshadu walks around Outside, followed by four winged soldiers. He takes out a small device that looks like a remote control, and waves it around. It begins faintly beeping. So! Gentlemen....how are you, I'm Enshadu. Believe you know me? Heh, so what did you do to get this job? Who did you insult to have to work with me? Haha!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo listens expectantly, his eyes widening in excitement at the prospect of seeing someone fly.

[The Exile]

August's horse stops next to a stream. August slides off, and falls onto the creek bed with a muddy splash. August barely feels the fall as he slips into unconsciousness while Johann, his trusty steed, laps up the cold, crystalline water.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-14 at 05:45 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon shakes his head. What he can hear provides no additional help with their situation.

As far as bringing whoever that is down here, he remembers having a grappling hook that can attach to the rifle, but considering the fact that it is dark as hell, and he is neither a robot or a big fat dead guy, the odds of reaching through the darkness and snagging something seem unlikely.

He turns to the others. "Well, 'nless someone other than our guide knows how t'grow wings real fast, my money's on either stunnin' or distractin' whatever's up top 'til we can climb up, or makin' enough of a noise to convince it to come down here. Personally, I prefer the climb route, as I'd rather not give this thing a chance t'prepare for us."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

[Dir'ba Cave]

"I can make noise." Gerbo offers sheepishly. He pulls out a strange polygonal rock with bizarre symbols on each facet. "It's called a Thunderstone. It'll make such a loud boom that anything up there won't be able to hear anything but the ringing in their own ears for up to an hour." He nods his head and bites his lower lip excitedly.

Spoiler
    Show

[The Exile]

August wakes up some time later, his horse about 200 feet away, grazing. He's sore and filthy from sleeping in the mud in his armor. He takes a look at his haggard self and gives an angry sigh, then proceeds to remove his armor. Best to clean it before it rusts.

About a minute later, he's down to his breeches and tunic, chasing down Johann to get to his pack. He finds a brush, cloth and oil, and heads back to the stream, and squats down under an apple tree. There he settles into a comfortable rhythm of washing, scrubbing and polishing. The cool water and warm sun is soothing, and the steady, simple work keeps his mind clear of his recent troubles. For the while, August feels completely at peace as he buffs out the scraps on his shin guard.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Outside-Rock Hunting

Enshadu walks around Outside, followed by four winged soldiers. He takes out a small device that looks like a remote control, and waves it around. It begins faintly beeping. So! Gentlemen....how are you, I'm Enshadu. Believe you know me? Heh, so what did you do to get this job? Who did you insult to have to work with me? Haha!

Not a very talkative bunch, are they?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    No longer empty Forest

Mawile will make sure the next person takes watch, but besides that will not bug anyone.
    No longer empty Forest

Crystal will be more then willing to watch over Mawile as she sleeps if she let's her.

In either case after many hours Beatrix will slowly wake up. "Where... where did the skulls go? Oh man, I missed them all? That's so lame. Now we'll never know what they were doing."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

Mawile shrugs. She doesn't know what to make of that at all.

19. - Top - End - #49

No longer empty Forest

Beatrix makes a dismissive gesture. "Whatever, let's go and get the camera and then get out of here. Maybe it have captured something important." She says, her stomach once again making a rumbling noise causing her to groan as she walks towards the town.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

The town looks like it was yesterday... her camera is missing. Why is the camera missing? It's just not here.

And that door that she opened is shut... everything is exactly as it was. Perfect timelessness.

21. - Top - End - #51

No longer empty Forest

"Nooo! My camera!" Beatrix exclaims as she dramatically gets down on her knees and shakes her first into the air. "Damn you ghosts!" She then sigh and slowly gets up, brushing off the dust from her jeans. "This soooo lame. First I'm lost, then I'm hungry and tired and now I lost my camera. Just great." She turns to Crystal. "I don't suppose you can like... feel ghostly energy or something?"

The pokemon shakes it's head in reply, causing Beatrix to sigh again. "What a day..."

And then she hits the final stage, acceptance. "But whatever, let's get the damn tent and get out of here. I never want to see this stupid place ever again, or it's ghosts."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

No longer empty Forest

Mawile nods and heads back toward the tent.

Some part of her wonders, if they were in the town at the time, what would have happened to them...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ruin]

A small structure made of stone stands here. It doesn't look like much from the outside. Just simple building with four walls. It doesn't look like it had an entrance, but one of the walls has collapses some years ago.

((Closed scene.))

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ruin

There is a buzzing noise in the air, followed by a woman dropping from the sky. It's a controlled drop, and she lands without damage. She has a green coat of some sort, long green hair, a crazy look in her slightly odd blue eyes, and six wings made of psychic energy that disappear after she lands. She approaches the ruin, looking in through the collapsed wall.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ruin]

Looking inside will reveal a fairly empty room. a small altar of sorts lies at one end, though it is entirely bare. It's likely looters have been here before. Hieroglyphs cover the walls. They're not from Egypt like some would expect, though they bear a resemblance. The most striking difference is the strange animals occasionally depicted. The floor is also stone, though a portion of it is cracks and has sunk into the ground a ways. It forms a small tunnel that actually seems to go down a ways. It's too dark to see much, however.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-02-15 at 12:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

After August finishes polishing his armor, he looks up at the apple tree, licking his lips hungrily. It had been so many days since he ran out of trail rations, he'd come to ignore the growling in his stomach by now. But those apples were starting to look painfully delicious. After pushing himself to a stand, he pops up on his tiptoes and plucks the closest apple from the tree and takes a bite. After a few short seconds of gnawing, he's reduced the thing to core and seeds. Eagerly, he hops up to grab the next apple. He keeps repeating this until he's eaten about a half dozen of them. Sitting, self satisfied, and stuffed, August smiles sleepily and drifts off again in the afternoon sun.

OOC:
    The other person in the Exile story seems to have drifted away, leaving me sort of adrift in Outside. If anyone wants to interact with August, please do. He now needs a reason to exist.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-02-15 at 01:43 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    After August finishes polishing his armor, he looks up at the apple tree, licking his lips hungrily. It had been so many days since he ran out of trail rations, he'd come to ignore the growling in his stomach by now. But those apples were starting to look painfully delicious. After pushing himself to a stand, he pops up on his tiptoes and plucks the closest apple from the tree and takes a bite. After a few short seconds of gnawing, he's reduced the thing to core and seeds. Eagerly, he hops up to grab the next apple. He keeps repeating this until he's eaten about a half dozen of them. Sitting, self satisfied, and stuffed, August smiles sleepily and drifts off again in the afternoon sun.

OOC:
    The other person in the Exile story seems to have drifted away, leaving me sort of adrift in Outside. If anyone wants to interact with August, please do. He now needs a reason to exist.

Approaching August is a man walking alongside the stream towards where he is. What sets this person aside from your average looking human is the fact that his skin color seems off. In fact it appears to be of an unusual off-grey texture. Alabaster would be a good way to describe it. Standing in contrast to the light skin of this man is raven-black hair and a set of pure, dark eyes. This person is garbed in black and red plate armor with clawed gauntlets and spiked greaves. A large greatsword is sheathed on his back.

Noticing the horse grazing nearby, the Shadar-Kai makes a beeline for him. More than likely the steed will begin to whinny once it notices him.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ruin

Copi examines the walls, looking at them all. She has photographic memory, so she might be able to find some sort of translation later.

After examining the walls and alter thoroughly, she heads into the tunnel. She doesn't have a flashlight or anything like that, so she instead uses a bit of telekinesis like feelers to form a map of her surroundings. After the last time she was in a pitch-black cave, she worked on and refined the technique; she has a good idea of most things solid within ten feet of her.

In addition, she has her natural psychic sense open, and will detect any minds that she gets close enough to.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ruin]

The tunnel goes down a fair ways. After only a short stretch, the ground gives way to a stone floor and the tunnel is tall enough to stand comfortably. The only obstacle is some debris here and there. The tunnel loops back on itself once about half way down. Eventually, Copi enters a small chamber, roughly below the structure above.

In the center of the room, a red light provides dim illumination. The source of the light appears to be a large sarcophagus in the middle of the room. It's hard to see in this light, but it is made of blue stone, and what looks like gold. The rest of the room appears to be as lavish as the sarcophagus, though it's difficult to see. Whoever looted the building above never found this room.

She'll have to get nearer to see more.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ruin

You know, a red glowing sarcophagus makes one immediately ponder the safety of the situation, as the likelihood of said sarcophagus being evil is... rather high. However, instead of simply turning around and leaving, Copi decides to examine the room further either by the light or by her telekinetic sense as it is necessary. Specifically the perimeter of the room first, she doesn't want to risk the sarcophagus until she has a better idea of the room as a whole.

Including the ceiling! Mustn't forget the ceiling. In fact, she will examine the ceiling first.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-02-15 at 01:56 PM.