New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: IC Heroes for Hire I

Gorsomm

Gorsomm nods. "Sounds good Ian. While we're resting, you and at least Tryst should try talking up some others, just to find out what folks have encountered and where. We can use all the information we can get to work out a plan for our next move."
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tryst

He fidgets over the kiss. Is that even necessary? But why is he feeling warm inside? Is this how a blossoming relationship between man and woman feels like? He is confused.As the party make their way to the town, stars are twinkling, the hills are retracting in color and the shape of the moon is seen in the distant. Burning torches emblazon the city, penetrating shadows created by the darkness of night. As the leader of the party suggests that Ian and Tryst to amass knowledge for their next move as weariness descends upon their shoulder from carrying all that baggage, he accepts the task.

Tryst writes down a list in his mind. A tavern would most likely be a source of information. Listening to people and asking the barkeep will net as least as a basic outline of the situation of the wilderness. Another source would be the library. Pinpointing their weakness, their shelter and their tactics if there's anywhere you can find that the answers are always in the books. A third option would be asking those that are experience in hunting these wrong, chaotic doers. But it's night time and the library should be closed. The only option available would be the tavern so he's heading there.

He listens to the bantering of the drunkards, people who are embroiled in showing off their hand and the poetics of the bards. Reaching the barkeep, he requests for a drink, ears still focusing on the ones he intended to listen to. "Barkeep, I will have a mug of milk. If I am not troubling your business, could you tell me about the rumors permeating Thunderstone?"

What in the world that I have gotten myself into? It's obvious that I am ill-suited for this kind of situation..*groans inside*

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Information - Previous roll is a natural (1)
    Listen (Patiently - Taking 20) - 20+4=24

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-04 at 06:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

Veltar tags alone with tryst, the erudite man does not strike the dwarf as someone who is particularly familiar with the bar scene. One thing that Veltar happens to know intimately, curtesy of his wanderings and maybe more than a few nights of drink till you forget debauchery.

When they enter the bar automatically scans the crowd, mostly just townsfolk wasting their hard earned coin, but they aren't what he's interested in.

usually in a corner, or at least away from most of the riff raff.

Veltar is looking for members of the militia, or the local watch. When he identifies them he strides up to the bar, trying to ignore trysts attempts at getting information and orders the round, intending to ingratiate himself with the men he is looking for.
    i wrote this! take a look at what I've created.

4. - Top - End - #274

Ian

Ian enters the bar, making small talk with a pair of soldiers, but seems t be getting nowhere...

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy(d20+4)[14]
    Gather Information(d20+2)[12]

Bartender

As Tryst directly asks for information the bartender responds with, "Hmphh." and sloshes a mug of mead in from of Tryst.

A drunken strong next to Trayt slaps him on the shoulder, "No worries mate, ole Macs a spoilsport...won't give me no more mead."
    Last edited by Zman; 2013-03-04 at 08:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

Veltar finds the table he was looking for, and taking up the mead he ordered he makes his way over, setting the drinks down on the edge of the table he nodded curtly to the soldiers, and drew up a chair but not sitting in it.

"I thought that perhaps you good men could use a good round of drink, since your always so busy keeping the fair town safe from evil goblins and their ilk."

Veltar takes a deep drought of the mead the bartender gave him, and while it is not proper dwarf ale it isn't terrible.

6. - Top - End - #276

AssassinGuy

Tryst/?

Ugh, the stench. It is horrendous.

He cannot stand it. It disgusts him very much, that face of his - he wants to ram it onto the stoned grounds outside, scrape it clean or make him beg for mercy. He feels the heat coming up but he suppresses it. He does not want any trouble with the drunkard. You feed him, he'll come weeping like a waif. You brawl with him, you are asking for trouble and the law. And in a middle of a social situation like this, Tryst is uncomfortable, tensing up. This place is well-suit for the likes of him. He's a peaceful cleric, not someone who would debilitates himself to standards like this.

He just turns, gives the man a smile and nod, edging away. He slowly saunters outside to get some air, away from that uncouth man serving the mead. Along the way, he sees Veltar getting his way with the militia and the bar. Good, he's better with this kind of circumstances. Ian is not having luck either. And Gorsomm, he is waiting, not contributing. What a person! At least Karnack is excusable. He is more of a company than the rest of the them.

I am never getting into a bar ever alone, I should have follow Veltar.

His first time cooped up in a furnace, it is just out of the frying pan and into the fire. Bars are in a word, a hassle. Barring that, he's fine with anywhere else as long as it meets his conditions as long as there is no golden bars flinging around to make more inebriated which lands the sobers into bars of the "righteousness."

He leans agaisnt the beam, lets out a long puff and produce a book to read. Instilling knowledge is the best solution to bury the hatchet.

*mock almost snapping heavy breathing* You want to fill his bottom with arrows back there, didn't you? You know you wanna. I felt sooo touched inside by your firey valor. Good job there, prinCesssssss.

He continues reading, his eyes piercing every single word.

*Burp* Too much gas..getting souped up M-A-D and MaddER...*whistles, tongue slurping sounds*

He sits down on the ground, planting his head into his book.

Cmon, cmon, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, sock that sucker!

He grumbles.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-06 at 03:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Goblin

Karnack

Knowing that his size, his fondness for drink, and how hard he's been holding back his anger would probably make for a terrible combination inside the tavern, Karnack decides to wait outside for his... Friends? Partners? They nice to me. Book man will help me learn. Silver tongue even nice. I get even share. I no want to see them hurt. This ordeal is presenting quite the conundrum for the Hal Orc as every atom of his being still feels the drive for revenge against Brand and his fools and against whoever it was who stole him from his home so very many years ago. But now there's another feeling pulling at his soul, one that wants him to see this mission through, to help his friends, to live a life not so very bent towards revenge.
    He stays near the tavern as he told them he would but he begins to wander a little with his head up at the sky staring at the stars. Outside, under a wide open sky, the smell of fresh air, this is the way Karnack preferred the world around him. Maybe he could try to find a healer in town? That way he could better help the group. He should probably tell someone what he was doing though so they didn't leave without him if they couldn't find him. And with that Karnack straightens up and walks right into the tavern to look for his friends.
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-03-05 at 12:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

Mule's Tail Tavern

As the learned Tryst calms himself and leaves the tavern, Veltar beings a round of ale to the off duty guard sitting there.

A surly man wih three days of reddish growth on his chin specked with grey answers, "Names Bert, Seargent if you are looking to anything official, and that'd wai till the morrow.". Taking a dep drag of draft, "Mighty kind of you Dwarf."

He seems to set he mug down harder than ecessary as Kanak walks in, all six of them seem to notice the massive Half Orc...

9. - Top - End - #279

Goblin

Karnack

Seeing Veltar, Karnack makes his way over to the dwarf. "Hey, I think I find healer in town." he pauses wondering what else to say then, "Meet up here later? You know where others are?"

10. - Top - End - #280

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

The dwarf gritted his teeth almost audibly, and nodded curtly at the Orc.

"Tryst is off doing something with his books, no idea where Ian or Gorsomme."

Veltar turned back to the sergeant. "Names Veltar, I'm sorry about the orc, he doesn't really do tact. My friends and I happened across a wagon that had been destroyed, looked like raiders. Have they been coming in this close to the town often?"

He directs the Question to the group as a whole, making sure that each gets a mug of mead, doing his best to remain personable.

11. - Top - End - #281

Sergeant Bert

Sneering a bit in Kanak's direction, "Best be off, we aren't looking for trouble here, but will be ready for it if it's your intent."

Looking at the Dwarf, "Interesting friends, I take it the pretty boy is one of yers too?" as he points to Ian, now near the bar talking to the barmaid. "Ahh, they've been growing bold lately, with our cntngent at half strength we can't spare the men to patrol the roads or drive them back. It's the reason the likes of you have been allowed to roam."

12. - Top - End - #282

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

Veltar looks over to Ian and nods slowly.

"The orc means well, but I don't think this is his sort of place. Hopefully we'll be able to get out of your hair son enough. I'm sure things will be easier if someone could... remove... their camp? We've already managed to get a few of them, just a couple of stragglers out in the hills. I would be very greatfull for any information you and your noble men could supply?"

13. - Top - End - #283

Sergeant Bert

The big man laughs, "Noblemen?! Ha! You want some advice dwarf, don't let those damned Worgs catch you in the open, they are fast, mean, and one they take you down you won't get back up. And those goblins riding them, they are mean, and though laughable I've seen this arrows kill. Don't underestimate them. They ate cowardly when evenly or over,arched, but vicious and opportunistic whn they've got the advantage."

14. - Top - End - #284

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

The dwarf grinned at the sergeant and nodded. none of this was really new information, but still, it never hurt to hear it form professionals. the dwarf took a long deep drought of his mead and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"are they all out to the northeast? or do they have camps all over the place?"

The dwarf signaled a barmaid over, and indicated that she top off everyone's drink.

15. - Top - End - #285

Sergeant Bert

In response to Veltar, "Na, they've got holes all over the damn place, breed like roaches, but the infested hills are where they are thickest. Damned war has seen their numbers swell out of no where, and if it wasn't for the King...." the men are silent, "we'd be looking at a darker future. Its only a matter of time before we drive them back."

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Local for anyone interested.

DC10: The King recently died in the Goblin Wars
    DC15: The King died, but was able to slay the leader of the Goblin War. Many of the Goblins were not native to this plane.
    DC20: The Leader was a Dragon.
    DC25: The Leader was a Dragon Ascended Elf named Nalavarauthatoryl

16. - Top - End - #286

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

Spoiler
    Show
    lets see just what veltar knows; (1d20+2)[7]
    apparently he knows almost nothing.

Veltar held a grim visage, the armies of men were not the only ones to have suffered in the war.

"I know it was bad for many clans, but how bad was it for the armies of men? I have not been long here with your peoples, and do not know much of your lore."
    Last edited by daungli; 2013-03-05 at 11:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

AssassinGuy

Tryst/?

Meanwhile..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ~~~~~

He awakes. Apparently, his vitality had dwindled from keeping that voice out.

I'm still here, sparkles. Ready to submi- *got hit on the face by a book*Hahaha, sissy, can't even fight. You are such a...*a library falls on top of it* Come on, live a little. Your mama ca- *the scenery replace by every thing pink and sugary* NOOO, anything but that, please just one night. *the surface of it's body is bleached with pink**high pitch girlish scream* You win this time, doll but mark my words, the next one won't be pretty.

Tryst was fantasizing hard. It had to be done. The ocean waters had washed over him, now he feels so much better. He goes into the bar and joins Veltar and Karnack. He comes in just to hear the King had play a part in the Goblin War, sacrificing himself to end the goblin invasion of Cormyr, raising his astonishment on the subject.

King?

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge (Local - King) - (1d20+6)[23]

Although Veltar shows signs of obliviousness to the recent events due his racial tendencies, Tryst is knowledge savvy in this kind of domain. He cuts into the conversation immediately to transist and reinforce Veltar's statement which is about to lose it's persuasiveness.

"Pardon me, valiant watchers, my friend here is not very well-informed, you see, his ilk had very little understanding of our ways. When I heard the heroics of your deceased king and the war itself being spoken, the subject piqued my interests. I am sorry for the loss that the kingdom had suffered. The goblins are not only feisty, cunning and deplorable little creatures but they did not originate from this plane of existence which explains their great numbers. Moreso, what our liege slayed was no ordinary being that act as lynchpin and morale for the regiment in the war. It was a magical being, ruler of the skies, a dragon of obscure identity. How he managed this near-impossible feat is questionable, yet it is respectable for that it was his deed that saved his kingdom."

He bows before winking at Veltar, the twinkle in his eyes urging him to continue where he had abruptly left off.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-06 at 03:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Goblin

Karnack

The dwarf and the soldiers were quickly bantering back and forth and it almost made the Half Orc's head spin, then the Book Man showed up and matters got even more complicated. Words large and incomprehensible flew over the behemoth's head. "I no want trouble, I want healer in town. Wolvreen hit me hard, hehe I hit wolvreen hard too!" Karnack smiles his widest toothiest smile.
    "Anyone know where me find healer?"
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-03-06 at 10:51 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

Veltar is silent for a moment, taking in what tryst had to say about the king.

"That is truly a feat of legends. I am sorry I was not told of it.

He raised his mug "To have killed a dragon beast, an act truly worthy of song. we should drink to the glory of his victory, not the sadness of his death."

Veltar drains his mug and slams it down, realizing that Karnack is still there. he turned to face the orc.

"karnack, is it nighttime, the healers have closed up shop for the day. we will visit them in the morning."

He stresses the words night and morning.

looking back to tryst; "Where's your drink? you know that this is a tavern right?"

20. - Top - End - #290

Ian

Managing to pry himself over from the barmaid long enough to hear Tryst tell the tale, "Damned inspiring, such a great king will be missed."

Turning towards Karnak, Ian laughs, "Poor shopkeep or healer that wakes to find you banging on their doors."

21. - Top - End - #291

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

The dwarf refilled his mug yet again, and began working to empty it.

"Has anything else interesting been going on in the area? any trade caravans or what have you?"

22. - Top - End - #292

AssassinGuy

Tryst

"It is not on my list of interest. It is not safe for me to merry around in a sloshed state; it could bring caTasTrophic reSult."

He drawls the last two words, his composure is undetectable as he lowers his head, a shade covering half of his face.

"It is best that at least one of us is sober. After all, the responsibility falls to them when their compatriots had indulged themselves in euphoria."

Tryst waves his hand.

"Happy drinking."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-06 at 03:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

ElfRangerGuy

Veltar

Veltar eyes tryst oddly, not certain what to make of the clerics oddness. He finishes his drink, and stumps his way to the bar, ordering something stronger.

"The point of this drink is not euphoria, such things are for those who do not know, do not understand hardship and loss. This Sri k is to embrace the oblivion that can be provided, and in the morning the Shane of the past will burn ever brighter.

He knocks back half of his drink.

"begone then cleric, the gods have little place here."

24. - Top - End - #294

Goblin

Karnack

Karnack watches the dwarf knock back his drink and begins to drool a little. NO... No... bad idea... no... mmm ok maybe one
    He smiles at the dwarf "Veltrr me get drink too. Join you?" He then heads over to the bar.

Looking up and down the bar for someone willing to serve the Half Orc he calls out "Big drink for Big guy, me pay Big money!"

25. - Top - End - #295

AssassinGuy

Tryst/Pissed

"My place is not with the gods, you simpleton. You clearly know too little about the race of man and about my life, dweller of caves. And I know the risk of ale from my first experience, your grace."

Tryst grits his teeth, agitated, his goodwill thinning. He speaks of ale and its dangers yet he takes the mug that Veltar had knocked back, drinks some of it without knowing, slotting it onto Karnack's open hands when he asks for it, eyes still glaring daggers at Veltar.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-06 at 10:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Goblin

Karnack

The Half Orc is very confused and it shows on his face. He looks at Tryst and then to Veltar and then back to Tryst. He then hands Veltar back his drink. "Ummm, Thanks Book Man but this Veltrr drink." He looks back towards the bar. "It not really big enough for me. Need much bigger cup." He looks towards a large barrel at the end of the bar from which the barmaid seems to be getting a drink. He smiles.
    "Cup like THAT ONE!" He then points eagerly towards the barrel and starts to walk towards it.

27. - Top - End - #297

ElfRangerGuy

veltar

"perhaps that is because your kind are always dead before they can grow a proper beard. Few and far between are the men who garner respect among my people."

The dwarf eyed tryst with contempt. "you have what, perhaps another thirty years? Mind your insults else they will be shortened by a sound beating."

28. - Top - End - #298

Ian

Ian glances at Gorsomm, waiting for the man to intervene.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Gorsomm

Catching Ian's glance, Gorsomm stands up from the table where he been observing these interactions. He had hoped things would calm down on their own, but Ian's look told him that his hopes were not to be. Some group. Not even a real insult was offered.

"Tryst, Veltar, might I suggest stepping back a moment to reflect." Gorsomm looks at Tryst, eyes hardening, "I am sure you did not mean to say that either Veltar or his people were irresponsible or could not handle their drink, for everyone knows that dwarves are mighty drinkers." Turning on Veltar, "And I know, Veltar, just as I surely know Helm is my strength, that you did not mean to insult the gods or those that dedicate theirs lives to their service."

"Both of you need to remember we are supposed to be working with, and not against, each other. If you cannot do so, then I have no use for you. And that would be a shame."

Gorsomm then signals the bartender indicating that a fresh drink should be provided for Veltar.

"Now Tryst, perhaps you would be so good as to help me convince Karnack that drinking that whole barrel is not the best idea. He seems to listen to you."
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

30. - Top - End - #300

AssassinGuy

Tryst

Tryst looks at Gorsomm and then at Veltar. The effect of the beverage is affecting him. He is groggy, eyes are drooping, he just want to get this done with. It's is probably not worth the quarrel.

A swooshing of robes and Tryst is beside Karnack, blocking his path to the barrel. "Stop Karnack, you do *hiccup* not know *hiccup* what you will *hiccup* wrought."

"See those men over there *hiccup* and the man over there. *hiccup*"

Tryst uses his head as a guide, inclining to the militia and to the barkeeper. He has to use that large body of the barbarian to support his gradual increase of weight.

"They will take away *hiccup* your axe and your right to *hiccup* avenge your brother."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2013-03-07 at 06:15 AM.