New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Sounds largely very interesting. However I don't think punishing the active players for the inactivity of the inactive players is very fair. Not only is it unfair in a general way, it's also very pro wolf as this extra consumption of supply probably isn't an issue/large issue for the wolf team and the wolves could intentionally go inactive to harm town.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Sounds largely very interesting. However I don't think punishing the active players for the inactivity of the inactive players is very fair. Not only is it unfair in a general way, it's also very pro wolf as this extra consumption of supply probably isn't an issue/large issue for the wolf team and the wolves could intentionally go inactive to harm town.
    Noted. Imo active villages players are punished for others inactivity anyway.

I guess what I am trying to achieve is a large incentive for the village to consider fixing it themselves. Though I also recognize that I'll need to give them the tools to do that of course!

Also, in terms of setting; choices don't always have to be one bad, one potential good. Sometimes you have to choose between two evils.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-08 at 08:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Pixie in the Playground

Agreed with Ramsus; inactive players hurt the village without needing to double their consumption. If you're doing that I think Town would need some way of killing inactive players without losing out on lynches or Planetside searches. Maybe they could go to Hyperspace after receiving supplies but before letting the planetside crew back onboard, so they could jettison the inactives without losing a day?

Actually, jettisoning might be a problem as well, since you can leave all your wolf suspects behind at once. What would be the maximum number of people going planetside? Would roles be revealed if they are jettisoned? Can people refuse to leave the ship?

Would ship exploration continue after the wolves are eliminated? Would there be a fail condition for running out of certain classes, like Engineers, or is the scenario winnable without any of them?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Yip and this is partly why I need a little help with getting the supply mechanics right.

These are all good questions and happy to keep these types of things in considerations. But I also don't want to spoil some of the surprises.

I have only given you a brief overview. Might be better if i present the close to finished product instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Agreed with Ramsus; inactive players hurt the village without needing to double their consumption. If you're doing that I think Town would need some way of killing inactive players without losing out on lynches or Planetside searches.
    I have two planned mechanisms that will enable Villagers to deal with inactive outside of using the lynch.

Maybe they could go to Hyperspace after receiving supplies but before letting the planetside crew back onboard, so they could jettison the inactives without losing a day?
    As an example, it maybe obvious that a particular planet is not worth visiting or has no evidence of possible supplies. Such information would enable different choices.

Actually, jettisoning might be a problem as well, since you can leave all your wolf suspects behind at once. What would be the maximum number of people going planetside? Would roles be revealed if they are jettisoned? Can people refuse to leave the ship?
    My intention would be four people. But that may be adjusted for balance and number of players. They can refuse but that wouldn't stop them going :) Alignment would be reveal on death.

Would ship exploration continue after the wolves are eliminated? Would there be a fail condition for running out of certain classes, like Engineers, or is the scenario winnable without any of them?
    No, once all enemy faction/s had been eliminated the game would end. I'm sure the end write up would, in great detail, tell the story of the struggle faced by the remaining survivors in completion their objective.

The scenario is intended to be winnable even if an entire class is wiped out. An Engineer will not always have to act as an engineer. Class is where a persons efficiency is based. You might find power roles who have efficiency in more than one area. I know I presented it a little different above.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-08 at 09:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

So what's the protocol for a narrator kicking someone out of a game due to having a personal bias against them or disagreeing with that player's in-game choices?

Related question, what's the protocol for a narrator making up rules mid-game that prevent a player, not the entire player base, from being able to fully participate in the game?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-18 at 10:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

No codified protocol, but the assumption would be to not play in that person's games anymore.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think it wasn't bias, but the fact that you and FC were nearly screaming at each other. But, I do think that FC should have been replaced as well in the current case. He did ignore your request to stop pming you for a while, and that is not very sportmanlike.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    He did ignore your request to stop pming you for a while, and that is not very sportmanlike.
    If Ramsus ever made that request, I didn't see it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Bugbear in the Playground

It was here.

Ok, that's just about as much as I can tolerate FC. I don't know if you're honestly so off-base and look down on me so much that you can't comprehend that I was only going after you for personal reasons only on day 1 or if you're just a faking it for an in-game advantage and you really don't care what effect that has. And either way I no longer care. Neither reason gives you any right to treat me the way you have.

This is the point where someone might make some ultimatum to FC or to the community and demand they lynch him or they do something. Unfortunately I'm already 100% convinced none of you could give a brick about how FC behaves as if you did you already would have stopped him.

So yeah, I'm gonna try and calm down. Then I'll see if I'm going to stay in the game, drop out, or quit the community entirely.

Edit: To be more clear, I'm taking the rest of this phase off. If you have anything you want me to notice, you'll have to PM me.
    He was asking to be let alone for a while, at least that's how I see it.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Pixie in the Playground

I chalk that up to misinterpretation. It does say 'PM me if you want me to notice something.'
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

So what's the protocol for a narrator kicking someone out of a game due to having a personal bias against them or disagreeing with that player's in-game choices?
    The protocol for a narrator kicking someone out is this:

Ask the player to stop posting in your thread. I suggest including a BCC to a Mod if you think it might get messy. If they continue to post, report them to the Mods.

It has been stated in the past that it is your game, and while you have to conform to the Playground rules, you are allowed some minor control over who you allow in your little sandboxes.

Related question, what's the protocol for a narrator making up rules mid-game that prevent a player, not the entire player base, from being able to fully participate in the game?
    This one is more about bad-form. As Murska said, there is no protocol. I've never personally seen anything like this before. I would suggest waiting until the game in question is over, and then bringing it here to discuss further.

But in general, no rules should ever be made that affect only one player unless it was decided (and explained to said player) that something about their role is broken and the fix only affects them. I do suggest discussing it with a Mod.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

...welp. I, um, sorrrta picked a terrible time to return, didn't I?

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Naw, It really isn't that bad C'nor. Tediously annoying, but nothing like the outright belligerence I've seen boil over in some of the other subforums.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds.... kind of terrifying. Remind me, if I don't wind up being banned, to never go to those.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Naw, It really isn't that bad C'nor. Tediously annoying, but nothing like the outright belligerence I've seen boil over in some of the other subforums.
    *blinks*

...And I thought FFRP got bad, dear goddess...

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

So, I know it's just been sitting there for a while, unattended.

Would anyone be vehemently opposed if I started recruiting for a new Circle of Assassins game sometime this weekend?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Pixie in the Playground

Looks like Haruki isn't available after all. Would anybody else be willing to take Ramsus' place?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Looks like Haruki isn't available after all. Would anybody else be willing to take Ramsus' place?
    I think the Count was, but I don't know that I recall your feelings on that.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I think the Count was, but I don't know that I recall your feelings on that.
    I wish I could, but Count started a Dead Players chat so is no longer eligible.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Dwarf in the Playground

Read a bit of that thread, and I think it would do the game a lot of good if one player bowed out, just to cool things off. Doesn't matter which one or who is at fault, it's just better for the game.

I would volunteer to replace in, under the circumstances.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Generally I would recommending reading all the way to through before making that kind of decision. At the very least you'd know you didn't have to wait for anyone to "bow out".

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

So, I know it's just been sitting there for a while, unattended.

Would anyone be vehemently opposed if I started recruiting for a new Circle of Assassins game sometime this weekend?
    ...Does anyone have any thoughts about another COA game? Any thoughts at all?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my thoughts are that AvatarVecna is currently recruiting for a game and still clearly needs more players. After we manage to fill that one you and C'nor should battle to the not-death to see who runs the next game? And I guess after you both go, I have an idea for one, assuming nobody else desperately has something they want to do and we don't get a lot more players.
    Edit: Ok technically speaking I have plenty of ideas. The one I'd put forward next would be the one I got inspired for based on the current convo in the Pub.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the CoA games. *shrug*
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-12-20 at 10:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

...Does anyone have any thoughts about another COA game? Any thoughts at all?
    I'll play.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm unlikely to be running my game anytime soon due to rejoining mechanics being an absolute bitch to implement, so. Feel free?

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

Penguinator, if you don't get more interest by later tomorrow is it cool with you if I grab the next available game slot?

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'd asked Andre to come on and post an update, but since he isn't really online much right now I will just end the game on his behalf rather than leaving it hanging out there.

WW Feudal Japan is now ended.

Thank you to everyone who played and I wish we had been able to keep it going. I will break into Andre's spreadsheets one of these days to figure out who won.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Penguinator, if you don't get more interest by later tomorrow is it cool with you if I grab the next available game slot?
    It's not a werewolf game, it's not on the same calendar.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

I sort of thought the schedule applied to anything similar enough. My idea certainly is closer to being a werewolf game than a CoA game is but it's still really not a normal werewolf game at all.

Well, since Penguinator isn't objecting (as far as I can tell), Lex can you sign me up for the next available slot for a werewolf game? (And tell me when that would be.)

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello all. I am looking for a co-narrator to help me hammer out the rules for the rock/paper/scissors werewolf game I had mentioned earlier.

I am still new to werewolf games, and could use the help figuring out how to balance this one I've had toiling around in my head.

Thank you all for your time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.