New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Reamember that when you post your thread it must first be accepted, which usually takes under 24 hours if you also send Alarra a PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I would suggest sending the PM to Haruki-Kun, also. He's the new moderator of Structured Games.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Lex, you can add Core Component to recruiting and stuffs now.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Well, darn. I didn't ever get around to my game, and I wasn't thinking very clearly when I scheduled it. Can I nab the April spot, then? Thank you.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Lex, you should probably take my game off the list. I canceled it, and I want other people to know the spot is available.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Halfling in the Playground

So in about a month I'm running a live WW Games thing. I've got the roles set and I was wondering if I could get tips about how to run the night phases (I'm doing a version where only the wolves get night actions). Anything would be helpful.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    So in about a month I'm running a live WW Games thing. I've got the roles set and I was wondering if I could get tips about how to run the night phases (I'm doing a version where only the wolves get night actions). Anything would be helpful.
    Spread people out, then play werewolf-themed songs really loudly during the night so no one can hear anything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'll take the March 15th slot if it's still open.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

What we do for night phases is have everyone clap their knees. The steady rhythm makes it hard to distinguish when someone is looking up and moving their arms, cause everyone is moving their arms.

Also, we usually have those who have died remove themselves from the circle, as to not cause confusion as to who is still playing. And make sure that they all know that the narrator speaks first, so that no zombies that have died during the night accidentally give out information they shouldn't.

10. - Top - End - #1480

With the knees part I'm not sure I follow. We're all gonna be up and moving around. It's gonna be very casual. I mainly need a way for wolves to talk to me without the townies noticing.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Live WW is generally played sitting in a circle, so that's where the clapping of knees comes from. If you're doing the more adventurous, live-action, kind of thing, which I've done a few times, you're going to have to try something else. Text message is an option. Or, make it so everyone has to give you a scrap of paper every night phase, but only the wolves can write on theirs, probably their kill target, so that it's not obvious who's hairy and fangy.

If you know the wolves very well, you can actually do a lot just with eye contact. They lock eyes with you, then pointedly glance at their kill target. Other players can and do pick up on that though.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

More specifically, played in a circle with heads down. During nights, wolves put their heads up and point at their targets. If you are walking around the whole time, it would be more difficult.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

So... I'm looking for a new forum to play mafia/WW games and this one looks coll enough.

But I need some help getting around. Are there any games starting soon? If so, how do I sign up for them?

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post
    So... I'm looking for a new forum to play mafia/WW games and this one looks coll enough.

But I need some help getting around. Are there any games starting soon? If so, how do I sign up for them?
    Core Component is recruiting (although I think it's pretty complicated), Careless has open recruitment so you can still join (although I know that one's complicated), and you join games by posting in that game's thread and saying you want to join.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Core Component is recruiting (although I think it's pretty complicated), Careless has open recruitment so you can still join (although I know that one's complicated), and you join games by posting in that game's thread and saying you want to join.
    Also, both of those games aren't like your typical ww game. There isn't really a wolf team in both of them. If you want to play something more standard, you'll have to wait for another game to start recruiting.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Hum... it's not like I haven't played mafia before, but those do look complicated. I suppose I'm gonna wait for a simpler one so I can at least get used to this community.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2015-02-01 at 03:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post

If you're looking for more sites to play on, check out post #54 here. People will sometime post there when a new game's in sign-ups, too. I'm going to host a large game (30+ players) on CFC fairly soon, if you're interested.

18. - Top - End - #1488

So I kinda mentioned in Werewolf Classic that I might as well create a program to help with automating the vote-handling in WW/Mafia games. The end product is going to allow for custom role names, editing players that have been loaded into the file, keep track of votes (including Auto-lynch suspects), and output in BBS code. Would anyone be interested in using such a tool if I were to finish it?
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    So I kinda mentioned in Werewolf Classic that I might as well create a program to help with automating the vote-handling in WW/Mafia games. The end product is going to allow for custom role names, editing players that have been loaded into the file, keep track of votes (including Auto-lynch suspects), and output in BBS code. Would anyone be interested in using such a tool if I were to finish it?
    Oh, absolutely. Sounds wonderful.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

20. - Top - End - #1490

Core Component currently needs at least for more people, preferably more. If you like roleplaying, this is a good game for that.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Troll in the Playground

More specifically, played in a circle with heads down. During nights, wolves put their heads up and point at their targets. If you are walking around the whole time, it would be more difficult.
    To be even more specific, if playing in a circle, the phases go as follows:

Night 0:
    1. Everyone is told to put their heads down and begin the slapping of knees.
    2. There is no talking during the night.
    3. The Moderator calls for the wolves. The Wolves, and only the wolves, lift up their heads and look about so they know who the others are. For night 0, they don't get a kill unless you are also using a Ghost role. Night 0 is just for recognition purposes only.
    4. They are then told to put their heads down.
    5. If you are also using Masons, which I know you say you are not. But just say you decide to do so, sometime in the future, you then call for the Masons to lift their heads, and so on.

Day 1:
    1. Everyone is told it is morning, and to raise their heads.
    2. Begin your story.
    3. Samuel points at Jacob and says "I accuse Jacob of being a wolf, because... he's got a lot of facial hair." (Or however they wish to make the accusation.)
    4. Jenny then says "Yeah, and wolves are hairy. I second the accusation." (Or something like.)
    5. Now that he's been accused and seconded, Jacob gets a chance to defend himself. It can be anything nonsensical or completely sane. Like, "Well of course I've got a beard. I'm a lumberjack, leaping from tree to tree."
    6. At the end of his defence, with or without questions from the other living among the circle, it is put to a vote.
    7. We do this in silence. Thumb up means he lives, thumbs down means he dies. Majority rules.
    8. If he lives, someone else must be accused, seconded, and given a chance to defend. Etc. etc.
    9. Once a player dies, his role is announced (unless you are playing a game where the villagers are not told who or what they killed), they are told Night falls, and they all put their heads down and slap their knees.

Night 1, & beyond: From then on, you do the same thing:
    1. Heads down, no talking.
    2. Call for the wolves. They silently, with pointy fingers and/or head nods, point toward the one they wish to kill that night. The moderator (it is suggested they remain in the center of the circle during the night) points at the player they think is the intended lunch, to be sure you are killing the correct one, and the wolves nod their agreement when that one is found.
    3. Wolves are told to put their heads down.
    4. If you are using other roles with night actions, they are called upon to also raise their heads. They do their magic (scry, protect, so on so forth). Then are told to put their heads down.
    5. For seers, the best way to indicate whether the player is a wolf or not is by raising 2 fingers for a Villager player or 3 for a Wolf player. Those are the only two choices. Good or evil.
    6. For devils, (I think they are called Sorcerers in some games) they generally only scry for the seer. So a simple nod of the head indicates whether the the seer has been found or not. Usually the devil and the wolves are blind of each other. How they convey that information to the wolves, is up to them. I don't think I've ever seen a devil out a seer during the day.
    7. No one should talk until the Day narration is over. If the seer dies during the night, all their secrets die with them.

Did I miss anything?

If wandering about, which I can't imagine how the moderatorwould keep track of who is and is not alive, much less the other players , I would go with Peebles suggestion. Everyone gets a pad of paper to write their actions on. I would suggest that everyone needs to write something down. Otherwise, observant players will be able to note who's not writing in their pad, and who is not. But this would be complicated.

How do the wolves communicate with each other? How do they even know who the other wolves are?
    What do the non-wolves write in their notebooks? Can you trust them to not pretend to be a wolf when passing off the note?
    (What I suggest: Buy multiple cheap notebooks, all with the same exact color. Write the roles on the inside of the cover. For night 0, have everyone take a moment to stop what they are doing, close their eyes, and lower their heads.

Have the wolves raise their heads and look about. Now they know each other, have them put their heads back down, and then tell everyone Day has started and begin the game. Now they can mingle. You'll also have to figure out how they are going to organize enough to make their accusations.)

If they are to write nothing, then how do the wolves do so without drawing attention to themselves?

If you work this out, let us know how it goes.

22. - Top - End - #1492

I was thinking of stealing adapting the first game I played in, Reverse WW. There are no power roles and it starts with only one wolf (nobody has played before, I feel this will be easier) and the wolves get a conversion power every 2-3 nights instead of their kill.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1493

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Day 1:
    1. Everyone is told it is morning, and to raise their heads.
    2. Begin your story.
    3. Samuel points at Jacob and says "I accuse Jacob of being a wolf, because... he's got a lot of facial hair." (Or however they wish to make the accusation.)
    4. Jenny then says "Yeah, and wolves are hairy. I second the accusation." (Or something like.)
    5. Now that he's been accused and seconded, Jacob gets a chance to defend himself. It can be anything nonsensical or completely sane. Like, "Well of course I've got a beard. I'm a lumberjack, leaping from tree to tree."
    6. At the end of his defence, with or without questions from the other living among the circle, it is put to a vote.
    7. We do this in silence. Thumb up means he lives, thumbs down means he dies. Majority rules.
    8. If he lives, someone else must be accused, seconded, and given a chance to defend. Etc. etc.
    9. Once a player dies, his role is announced (unless you are playing a game where the villagers are not told who or what they killed), they are told Night falls, and they all put their heads down and slap their knees.
    I do days completely differently. We discuss until a majority of players have picked the same person to lynch. That might be too chaotic for a big group, but I still wouldn't have the votes be secret.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking of stealing adapting the first game I played in, Reverse WW. There are no power roles and it starts with only one wolf (nobody has played before, I feel this will be easier) and the wolves get a conversion power every 2-3 nights instead of their kill.
    Couple issues:

If it's a first experience, leaving someone completely on their own as a faction could be strenuous. It's also usually better to start people with the simplest common set up first, before spicing things up with alternate variants.

If anything, you'll want the wolf team to have several more members simply to counteract the problems the wolves already face in real life. Wolves just aren't as fearsome due to several factors. They can't strategize like they can online, and their votes typically are incredibly revealing in the long run because feints don't happen with any frequency in real life. Hence the adage, if someone has a notebook, town will always win.

But the biggest factor is lying. Lying is much harder in real life, and most people can't do it effectively over extended periods in close proximity under consistent scrutiny. They tend to break down and body language eventually gives them away. Since it's hard to predict to what degree this will happen, having a couple people is safer.

25. - Top - End - #1495

Werewolf Classic XVIII - Resurrection has come to its conclusion with a Wolf victory!
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I do days completely differently. We discuss until a majority of players have picked the same person to lynch. That might be too chaotic for a big group, but I still wouldn't have the votes be secret.
    The votes are not in secret. Not sure why I said "We do this in silence." Musta been drowsy.

All I meant was that we put the decision to lynch to a vote. Thumbs up to lynch, thumbs down to save (or vice-versa).

The group discusses until they decide on someone to lynch. There are no ties, and someone must die before day ends.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Troll in the Playground

Okay. The new WW Central Thread has been submitted. I ask that you be patient when it appears, and not post until all 8 OPs have been created. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so everyone understands, it's going to take a while to make the new thread. Everytime I attempt to make a new post, it gets subsumed into the post before it.

The reason this is important is that the individual posts of the OP are necessary to make it easier to find the information contained in those posts.

Again, thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-02-06 at 08:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Yay, update function! ...

Well, if you wait exactly one hour between posts, everything will work out fine. It just means that it will take a good 6-8 hours or so for the posts...

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

You could have someone post in between then go back and delete it once you post, Lex.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Troll in the Playground

That's a good idea. Why didn't anyone suggest it about three hours ago? Err, four hours ago?

So, is anyone currently on that's willing to do this with me? It should take only a moment.
    Never mind then. I'll be playing a game for about an hour.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-02-07 at 12:14 AM.