New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden looks up the moment the door opens. "Naku? Everything go okay?"
    Naku nods as she heads back to behind the bar.
    "Yup. Turns out they didn't need help, and so I came back."
    Naku, by the by, is a terrible liar.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #482

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

"...Really now? Well, okay then," Aiden says, making very clear that he doesn't quite believe Naku.

3. - Top - End - #483

"...Really now? Well, okay then," Aiden says, making very clear that he doesn't quite believe Naku.
    "Mhmmmmm." With that, Naku's back behind the bar, and stops rubbing a thumb along her left wrist.
    "So did I miss anything?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist is rather good at that sort of thing. Still, he'll let her and Aiden have their moment.
    Well, as always, call if you need me. You didn't miss much 'round here.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #485

"Beyond me worrying a bit, nothing I know of," Aiden says, managing to crack a smile.

6. - Top - End - #486

"Beyond me worrying a bit, nothing I know of," Aiden says, managing to crack a smile.
    "Well, that's good, then." Naku says with a slight smile.
    "So, can I get you anything?"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487

Aiden considers for a moment, before coming to the conclusion that he really needed to get a nice hard drink. "Scotch on the rocks," he says.

8. - Top - End - #488

Aiden considers for a moment, before coming to the conclusion that he really needed to get a nice hard drink. "Scotch on the rocks," he says.
    "Darn right. Alcohol it is!" With that, she quickly goes about making him the drink.
    "Hai do~. . . here ya go." She says, as she slides it across the bar to him.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489

Aiden catches the drink and glances at it for a moment before downing it as quickly as it came. He shakes his head a bit. It'd been a long time since he'd had something that stiff.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist plops himself down at a seat of the bar. Said fox-kid is looking around for anything to do or anyone to talk to. As curious about Naku's behavior as he is, he's decided that whatever happened is her business.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Pixie in the Playground

There is a young woman strutting into the inn that looks something akin to my avvie. She's not as openly armed to the teeth as she hasn't come here to cause a ruckus or participate in a tussle tonight. Her sword is a unique enchanted longsword, not a giant magical claymore, but she's pretty much the same apart from what is specified above. She has elemental brands burned onto the palms and backs of both of her hands, all four of which are hidden under a stylish pair of black leather fingerless gloves. There's also a breathtaking silver tattoo painted on her neck by C'nor's char and Spec's girlfriend Trium.

Spec's full description follows just in case anyone wants further elaboration on her appearance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Her glossy, silky-smooth, voluminous, and luxuriant naturally two-tone cerulean and cyan hair (the tips of which have been dyed hot pink) is swept back into a vibrant, bouncy ponytail that floats about the base of her neck, shifting left and right aerodynamically with her foxy, charismatic face. Her eyes are tinted emerald and shimmer with a coy, cogent glint. Her lips are lush and of a subdued fuchsia tone. Mounted atop her head are cute little (modified and enhanced) bat ears that are furry on the back that are more often than not tucked away and obscured under a thick layer of her hair, seamlessly camouflaged and blended with it. Some of her teeth have grown fanged, honed to a fine point, though these are retractable canines interspersed throughout her mouth in strategic positions, so they won't hinder typical (or atypical) jaw movement in the least! However, apart from what was mentioned above Spec retains the typical characteristics of the human face.

Spec is a mutant with a spindly ultramarine tail! It is practically a slim blue-furred whip of a tail! It wags and swings back and forth as though it has a mind of its own. In fact, the female it belongs to pays it no heed as if she has yet to acknowledge its presence.

On the palm and back of both of her hands are circular brands etched and delineated in an almost metallic substance that closely resembles gold in tone and sheen but obviously isn’t as evidenced by how flexible it is. They are about as ornate and gaudy as can be, eternally reworking themselves again and again and again into altogether dissimilar depictions of symbols for the elements fire, earth, water, and air.

On her neck there has been painted a breathtaking silver tattoo granted to her by her partner, Trium!

The perspicacious gal isn't quite a ravishing beauty. Her body type dictates voluptuousness but with special emphasis on athleticism and functionality, but it has been hellaciously malnourished for years and is only now beginning to procure essential nutriment in excess of what it takes to survive. That said, her musculature is more developed than that of a generic top-of-the-line super-soldier and of an altogether divergent design that makes her unique anatomy even less compatible with standard medical procedure and protocol for normal-ish humanoids.

She is currently wearing a purple Saints branded tube top, a similarly branded pair of short-shorts, and a set of sneakers marketed by the same street gang.

Anyway, she'll stroll up to the bar and take a seat! She could use a drink and she wouldn't mind a little friendly company.

12. - Top - End - #492

Aiden catches the drink and glances at it for a moment before downing it as quickly as it came. He shakes his head a bit. It'd been a long time since he'd had something that stiff.
    "You look like you need a refill?" Naku offered, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    There is a young woman strutting into the inn that looks something akin to my avvie. She's not as openly armed to the teeth as she hasn't come here to cause a ruckus or participate in a tussle tonight. Her sword is a unique enchanted longsword, not a giant magical claymore, but she's pretty much the same apart from what is specified above. She has elemental brands burned onto the palms and backs of both of her hands, all four of which are hidden under a stylish pair of black leather fingerless gloves. There's also a breathtaking silver tattoo painted on her neck by C'nor's char and Spec's girlfriend Trium.

Spec's full description follows just in case anyone wants further elaboration on her appearance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Her glossy, silky-smooth, voluminous, and luxuriant naturally two-tone cerulean and cyan hair (the tips of which have been dyed hot pink) is swept back into a vibrant, bouncy ponytail that floats about the base of her neck, shifting left and right aerodynamically with her foxy, charismatic face. Her eyes are tinted emerald and shimmer with a coy, cogent glint. Her lips are lush and of a subdued fuchsia tone. Mounted atop her head are cute little (modified and enhanced) bat ears that are furry on the back that are more often than not tucked away and obscured under a thick layer of her hair, seamlessly camouflaged and blended with it. Some of her teeth have grown fanged, honed to a fine point, though these are retractable canines interspersed throughout her mouth in strategic positions, so they won't hinder typical (or atypical) jaw movement in the least! However, apart from what was mentioned above Spec retains the typical characteristics of the human face.

Spec is a mutant with a spindly ultramarine tail! It is practically a slim blue-furred whip of a tail! It wags and swings back and forth as though it has a mind of its own. In fact, the female it belongs to pays it no heed as if she has yet to acknowledge its presence.

On the palm and back of both of her hands are circular brands etched and delineated in an almost metallic substance that closely resembles gold in tone and sheen but obviously isn’t as evidenced by how flexible it is. They are about as ornate and gaudy as can be, eternally reworking themselves again and again and again into altogether dissimilar depictions of symbols for the elements fire, earth, water, and air.

On her neck there has been painted a breathtaking silver tattoo granted to her by her partner, Trium!

The perspicacious gal isn't quite a ravishing beauty. Her body type dictates voluptuousness but with special emphasis on athleticism and functionality, but it has been hellaciously malnourished for years and is only now beginning to procure essential nutriment in excess of what it takes to survive. That said, her musculature is more developed than that of a generic top-of-the-line super-soldier and of an altogether divergent design that makes her unique anatomy even less compatible with standard medical procedure and protocol for normal-ish humanoids.

She is currently wearing a purple Saints branded tube top, a similarly branded pair of short-shorts, and a set of sneakers marketed by the same street gang.

Anyway, she'll stroll up to the bar and take a seat! She could use a drink and she wouldn't mind a little friendly company.
    "What can I getcha?"
    Naku asks, offering a friendly smile.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493

Aiden struggles with an answer for a few seconds; he really wants another drink. "No, it's probably best I don't."

14. - Top - End - #494

Aiden struggles with an answer for a few seconds; he really wants another drink. "No, it's probably best I don't."
    "If you're sure." Naku says with a slight shrug, filling up a full blown tankard of whiskey for herself, before putting the bottle away.
    Then downing the entire tankard in one long pull.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

The foxgirl quietly watches Naku and Mist, then stares at the new woman when she walks in.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #496

Aiden watches as Naku puts away an entire tankard. "That's pretty imptessive, gotta say."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

"Could I get a Sneak on the Beach, please?"

Spec asks politely, attempting to slide a small purse of coins over the counter to Naku. It should contain a large number of coins that should probably cover an equally large number of drinks.

"I figure I might as well open an account here or whatever you'd like to call it. I don't always carry coinage on me and you never know when you'll want a nice chilled drink or yummy hot meal, am I right?"

She finds that it also discourages bartenders from trying to poison her if she gives them a lot of money...usually. She hasn't scanned the crowd yet and so she is entirely unaware of the lone foxgirl staring at her.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-05-14 at 07:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The foxgirl quietly watches Naku and Mist, then stares at the new woman when she walks in.
    Mist notes being watched. He'd raise an eyebrow, but his head's muscles don't work that way, as it makes his ears twitch instead. He goes over to her. Normally he avoids other foxfolk, as they have a tendency to notice the eyes and figure him out immediately, but that's not a problem.
    "Eating alone is no fun, and I can't imagine drinking is any better. Need some company?" he says in a friendly tone.

19. - Top - End - #499

The young woman smiles at Mist. I certainly wouldn't say no to some company.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist plops himself down at a neighboring seat and offers her his fuzzy hand to shake.
    "I'm Mist. Nice to meet you."

21. - Top - End - #501

Callie Pyrsol. The pleasure is mine. Her hand is cool and soft, but her grip is firm.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

"What brings you to our not-always-humble inn tonight, Callie?"
    His tail swishes, the closest thing to him smiling with his current facial structure.

23. - Top - End - #503

I wanted to try someplace new. I usually drink at the Black Dragon, but there's a better chance of... things getting rough there, you know? She lies smoothly. The sign out front caught my eye, naturally.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist goes along with it. She definitely comes off as someone more than capable of handling things getting rough, but he thinks calling her out would be rude. He chuckles just a little bit.
    "My first time here I didn't even look at the sign when I walked in. Was too busy thinking about things. Guess that's a little ironic."
    This is completely true, by the way.

25. - Top - End - #505

Where do you usually spend your time, then, Mist? She asks curiously.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh. Well, here, now that I've got a job. But before that and when I'm off I would just walk around Inside. I never really had the money to entertain myself much." He scratches his chin thoughtfully.

27. - Top - End - #507

Callie nods slowly, too polite to remark on how boring that sounds.

28. - Top - End - #508

Aiden watches as Naku puts away an entire tankard. "That's pretty imptessive, gotta say."
    "Thanks. Wasn't doing it to show off, though."
    Naku points out, rather missing his entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    "Could I get a Sneak on the Beach, please?"

Spec asks politely, attempting to slide a small purse of coins over the counter to Naku. It should contain a large number of coins that should probably cover an equally large number of drinks.

"I figure I might as well open an account here or whatever you'd like to call it. I don't always carry coinage on me and you never know when you'll want a nice chilled drink or yummy hot meal, am I right?"

She finds that it also discourages bartenders from trying to poison her if she gives them a lot of money...usually. She hasn't scanned the crowd yet and so she is entirely unaware of the lone foxgirl staring at her.
    "Of course." As Naku kneels to pull the drinks out from under the bar, though, the coins are slid across the bar.
    "I . . . um . . . sure. Do you want me to let you know if/when you start running out of funds on your tab?"
    With that, though, Naku proceeds to mix the drink up, and slide it across the bar to Spec.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist's ears flatten, abashed.
    I know it's lame, okay? It's just that it's hard to find a nice adventure to go on when all you're good for is throwing knives. And shapeshifting between two forms. Which I only got comfortable doing, like, today. Even more so when you're too broke to afford decent equipment.
    Well, truthfully he can do a lot more than that, he's just not aware of it.

30. - Top - End - #510

"Oh, I figured. But I figured I'd say it all the same," Aiden says. "I mean, if I did that, I'd probably wake up in some dumpster somewhere in Riverside."