New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: El Goonish Shive

New one is up, I totally think "Baldy" is this character. He would look pretty much the same silhouetted in the dark as what we saw, flat hair, ears sticking out.

Also I wonder if this character has a type of telepathy magic It would explain the convenient timing AND the lack of speech bubble in the last panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Whelp, so much for my flimsy 'unrelated conversation who meant "people similar to you" rather than "people find you agreeable"' theory.

This new guy is a new guy, not a recurring character I don't recognise, right? The lack of relevant commentary links suggests the former, but with 11 years worth of side-characters to pick from you can't be too sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    New one is up, I totally think "Baldy" is this character. He would look pretty much the same silhouetted in the dark as what we saw, flat hair, ears sticking out.
    Eh, I disagree. New guy's fringe almost conceals his ears in a 3/4 view, so when looking strait from behind I'd imagine they'd be completely concealed. But, well, we'll see.
    Also I wonder if this character has a type of telepathy magic It would explain the convenient timing AND the lack of speech bubble in the last panel.
    Dan's used tail-less speech bubbles before when the speaker is off panel (e.g. panel 2, panels 3&4), so I don't think it's an indication of telepathy.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, this guy is new.

The odds of him being Baldy are also pretty good.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So I have nothing to back up my claim other than a hunch, but this guy just screams 'not human' to me. He just stands out.

So for no rational reason other than suspicious mind reading, I don't like him...

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by HairyGuy4 View Post
    So I have nothing to back up my claim other than a hunch, but this guy just screams 'not human' to me. He just stands out.

So for no rational reason other than suspicious mind reading, I don't like him...
    Agreed. It's a hunch, but he hits quite a lot of mildly subconscious alarm buttons.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldy... you have too much hair. And to think, I trusted you.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris View Post
    Dan's used tail-less speech bubbles before when the speaker is off panel (e.g. panel 2, panels 3&4), so I don't think it's an indication of telepathy.
    Huh I never noticed that, interesting. I still think the character is baldy though (We need a new nickname for him if he is baldy )

8. - Top - End - #458

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Run Susan, run!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459

Interests that just happen to "coincidentally" match? Goddamn, the alarms are blaring in my mind even more than before.

I really hope it isn't too traumatic for Susan, she finally handled her issues with men in general, and just now is finally accepting herself as a sexual being that wants a significant other. If if is in fact a douchebag trying to get on her pants, it's gonna to undo months of progress!

Funnily though, if he turns to be a supernatural shape shifting monster trying to attract her to a trap or something, it's probably gonna be better for her psychological state.

On another note, for the whole gang, when one of them is going for a significant other outside their group, they probably should run a quick background discreet check before the first date (aka: Check if it's not a supernatural monster luring them into a trap), and if things start to get serious, a through background check, for, among other things, their status as secret keepers and so on. Specially since given that if they hang around the gang somewhere private I seriously doubt Grace or Tedd is not going to end shape shifting themselves or someone. Nor is Eliot situation easy to hide, specially from a serious significant other.

For the how, just ask Tedd's father. He'd probably agree with me, and do it without much problem.
    Last edited by Felius; 2013-11-15 at 01:57 AM.
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

thing is, if he is a mind-reader, then he is pretty just going to mind read all of her interests then just pretend that he has all of that in common with her. perhaps he will accidentally let something slip he wasn't supposed to, and she will catch on?

and hmm....Tom and Random Crazy Girl seem to have similar hairstyles. think he is a shapeshifting monster that can change gender?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm still leaning towards it being some type of supernatural since it seems he was reading Susan's mind (but I think he was speaking aloud in response to what she was thinking.) This makes me think he's potentially not too good at his abilities, since he may have confused her thoughts with words which are normal to respond to.

I doubt it's baldy (by which I assume you all mean the aberration working with the shadow-guy whose name I forget, the one Chaos stopped working wiht). Although I reckon it was him saying he'd need to act soon in 1727, I doubt he would interact with Susan out of fear. I think he was stating he needed to act in relation to Elliot before Elliot is even closer to Susan. Are all aberrations weak to summoned weapons (her specialty) or just that one from Paris?

In a sense, I'm leaning towards Jerry or a new creature. Or maybe the author is just trying to throw us off and he's a romantic competition for Elliot. Since we know Jerry was immature in his 'youth', this could be an immature idea of how to protect Susan while having some fun.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I doubt it's baldy (by which I assume you all mean the aberration working with the shadow-guy whose name I forget, the one Chaos stopped working wiht).
    No, we are referring to the individual in panel 5.

Maybe I should've called him silhouette guy, but I feared that it would just cause the thread to devolve into people singing Bohemian Rhapsody at me.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    and hmm....Tom and Random Crazy Girl seem to have similar hairstyles. think he is a shapeshifting monster that can change gender?
    It really says something about the comic that that's not a totally unreasonable line of thinking.

And it's been... three years since we've actually seen Magus and Sirleck? I liked those two. They were intellegent and reasonable evil monstrosities whose relationship is doomed to end in violent betrayal. The world needs more people like that.
    Last edited by Pseudo_Nym; 2013-11-15 at 08:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo_Nym View Post
    And it's been... three years since we've actually seen Magus and Sirleck? I liked those two. They were intellegent and reasonable evil monstrosities whose relationship is doomed to end in violent betrayal. The world needs more people like that.
    Have we seen any evidence that Magus is an evil monstrosity? I've got this impression that he's a decent enough guy who's getting desperate in his attempts to get out of a bad situation.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Have we seen any evidence that Magus is an evil monstrosity? I've got this impression that he's a decent enough guy who's getting desperate in his attempts to get out of a bad situation.
    Ah, but you see, that's the best kind of evil monstrosity.

...No, he's not a bad guy at heart. That's why I like him. He's done a few questionable things, and he certainly has questionable taste in friends, but ultimately there are lines he will not cross.

Yet.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Ya I agree, I mean we haven't really seen him do anything EVIL except consorting with an aberration. I mean Chaos wasn't even out right evil around him until she tried to get him to kill Abe and then he immediately refused.

I still don't fully understand why he doesn't talk to the other immortals with memory loss though I mean it seems that they would be able to help him. It really depends if his plan screws over Elliot and Ellen or not and at this point I don't think we can say. Since all we know is that step 1 is have Ellen shoot Elliot with his transformation beam while Magus is nearby.

17. - Top - End - #467

Dear lord, that guy is just far too smooth, far too precise in manipulating Susan in going after him, and he looks so damn smug about it afterwards... At least side-ponytail girl seems to be on to him.

Edit: And ****, just realized one thing:

If someone doesn't stop this smug bastard fast, before he actually hurts Susan, Elliot is going to ****ing murder him.

Edit2: And that's if she doesn't do it first.
    Last edited by Felius; 2013-11-18 at 12:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    Dear lord, that guy is just far too smooth, far too precise in manipulating Susan in going after him, and he looks so damn smug about it afterwards... At least side-ponytail girl seems to be on to him.

Edit: And ****, just realized one thing:

If someone doesn't stop this smug bastard fast, before he actually hurts Susan, Elliot is going to ****ing murder him.

Edit2: And that's if she doesn't do it first.
    Team up for the murder?

But agreed on that point. I do wonder what girl who has not been named has against him though. Former love interest? Previous incident with him? Not much to go on right now.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What are you guys talking about?

She's staring at the clock. Says so in the commentary.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Team up for the murder?

But agreed on that point. I do wonder what girl who has not been named has against him though. Former love interest? Previous incident with him? Not much to go on right now.
    She obviously is a previous target of the creep...

About the murder thing, if you guys would be so kind to hold him down so I could feast on his entrails while he's still alive, I would be so grateful...

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    What are you guys talking about?

She's staring at the clock. Says so in the commentary.
    Oh whoops your right I must of missed that Well we all know how those last classes tend to drag on

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Team up for the murder?
    It's a great bonding experience, I hear.

Panel 2: Before this panel, I was willing to entertain the idea that maybe this Tom character was actually just a new character who happened to like Susan. But look at that one-sided smile. That's not a natural, spontaneous smile. It's a smug smile. It says "mission accomplished". Smooth bastard.

Panel 8: We get some more screentime for the Secretly Tsundere Girl. I wonder what she knows. I do like that she seems to get more context than just "hot for Elliot". This shouldn't have with her crush on Elliot to do, either; Tom hitting on Susan would logically increase her chances with Elliot. Her contempt or annoyance or whatever it is must come from something else.

Actually, it now turns out that both Susan and Elliot have other people pursuing them, Susan's doing so more actively (at the moment). I wonder if they are somehow connected.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Elliot has after him:
    Tsundere girl. Diane.
    Susan has after her:
    Tom-tom A.K.A. baldy. A.K.A. Mind Reader Dude

Unfortunately Tom-Tom is not just a helpful guy who can direct you to your destination. He is EVIL! Or at the very least he is a EVIL manipulative groupie type person. Whatever, he's a bady. Now we have a problem to solve: We have four people, and the evil guy. So the characters need to lynch the bad guy. (Tom-Tom). Then they need to break off into relationships. Unfortunately it would be... odd for Diane and Susan to join up. So that leaves Tsundere and Susan, which means Ted will need to help deal with sexuality based incompatibilities.

Once that's out of the way Diane and Eliot can pair off and we shall have success!

P.S. I swear I'm not a bot for Tom-Tom. I just thought it would be funny.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #474
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Once that's out of the way Diane and Eliot can pair off and we shall have success!
    Spoiler
    Show

But in all seriousness, is the Diane-Elliot Ship (Delliot? Elane?) really a real thing? It can't be. Can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Diane wants it to be. She has shown herself not completely horrible.

But most of that was pure silliness.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, am I the only one who hears Kuja's theme while looking at that penultimate panel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would they be having that conversation? What did I miss?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Why would they be having that conversation? What did I miss?
    Ya I feel the same... like I suddenly missed a LOT. Why is Elliot transformed, what led to this conversation, etc etc

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Elliot told Grace about the rumor and this was her initial reaction. I can completely buy that. I have no idea why Elliot is transformed for this, though.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Going by the commentary, it's supposed to be in medias res.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew