New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Ménage à 3 IV: It's All Coming to a Head

Y'know, I think that we might - *just might* - be building up to a "Mile High Club" joke. Possibly even one at Gary's expense, if you can believe such a thing.

~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    I also prefer the art style of SoTR, since I am really not a fan of the manga-esque style. I very much prefered M3 when it was Archie style; the change in style is a great disappointment to me.
    That sounds odd to me, as SotR appears much more manga-style than any of Giz's other comics.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    That sounds odd to me, as SotR appears much more manga-style than any of Giz's other comics.
    Looks nowhere near manga style to me (at least not the "generic", extremely common style), compared to EErie cuties, M3 or any of the others. But then it's not the same artist as the others. Eerie cuties is the purest "generic" manga look-a-like of them all, I think.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2013-08-15 at 04:05 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Colossus in the Playground

I still don't see a great art shift between the oldest and newest Mà3 strips. And it also doesn't do many of the most stereotypical manga things.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Granted, Eerie Cuties is the most manga-like out of them, but I don't see it for Ma3, though when comparing the earliest strips to the current ones, I do see a style shift. It's mostly minor, and most apparent solely in the faces of the characters, especially Gary's and Zii's.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I always assumed that Ma3 and EC were more inspired by Archie (especially since Giz does occasional work for them).

Gary is being especially lame lately. And why does he have a passport*? He has never flown before, and he doesn't seem like the type to take a road trip to NYC or Boston or to vacation in upstate NY or Vermont.

*Outside of necessity to the plot of course.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    I always assumed that Ma3 and EC were more inspired by Archie (especially since Giz does occasional work for them).

Gary is being especially lame lately. And why does he have a passport*? He has never flown before, and he doesn't seem like the type to take a road trip to NYC or Boston or to vacation in upstate NY or Vermont.

Might have been something he got as a teen to go on a family trip to Disneyland or something and kept it renewed. Not the most logic breaking inconveniance.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, speaking of Gary and his ability to man less...

(But man, the sheer amount of liquid he must have ingested at this point, with 7 glasses of that size...)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #429

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Well, speaking of Gary and his ability to man less...

(But man, the sheer amount of liquid he must have ingested at this point, with 7 glasses of that size...)
    I see wet pants in his future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Might have been something he got as a teen to go on a family trip to Disneyland or something and kept it renewed. Not the most logic breaking inconveniance.
    Yeah, I'll have to agree. Admittedly, I don't have a passport lying around either but if you live close enough to the border (which requires a passport) it doesn't hurt.

I'm more irritated by the message "Get drunk, get laid". If this was true people wouldn't have to bother with masturbation...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

11. - Top - End - #431

Why wouldn't he have a passport? I mean, as far as I'm aware, he isn't an illegal immigrant or anything.

12. - Top - End - #432

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Why wouldn't he have a passport? I mean, as far as I'm aware, he isn't an illegal immigrant or anything.
    In the U.S. at least only people intending to leave the country have passports and it's a long, arduous process made even more complicated by the random chance that they may just tell you no or to try again even after doing everything perfectly. I honestly don't know how difficult it is in Canada, but I don't believe that every citizen above a certain age is required to possess a passport.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-08-17 at 06:06 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'm more irritated by the message "Get drunk, get laid". If this was true people wouldn't have to bother with masturbation...
    I'm less concerned with that aspect and more worried about drunk sex being irresponsible and dangerous thing to do (not to mention deeply embarassing the day after). Yet, it's in line with the general premise of the universe as presented in the comics.

Besides, as Woody Allen rightfuly said: Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone you love.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

14. - Top - End - #434

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I'm less concerned with that aspect and more worried about drunk sex being irresponsible and dangerous thing to do (not to mention deeply embarassing the day after). Yet, it's in line with the general premise of the universe as presented in the comics.

Besides, as Woody Allen rightfuly said: Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone you love.
    I doubt they'll have sex. At least on the plane, so I don't think we have any real worries on either front.

Pretty much.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    In the U.S. at least only people intending to leave the country have passports and it's a long, arduous process made even more complicated by the random chance that they may just tell you no or to try again even after doing everything perfectly. I honestly don't know how difficult it is in Canada, but I don't believe that every citizen above a certain age is required to possess a passport.
    Here, having a passport and keeping it updated is common, since it is far more difficult to get one when actually needed than to just properly update it. The main problem is not the passport, but the visas required to visit a lot of countries. I'm just gonna guess there are no visas required between Canada and France.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

16. - Top - End - #436

You and me, Gary
    You and me

Motorboat away, man

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

I approve of where this is going.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

18. - Top - End - #438

I loved that line, "How can I man less?"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I loved that line, "How can I man less?"
    I missed that on the first read.

Reminds me of this little comics.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

20. - Top - End - #440

Griffon

I want to know who is disinterested/crazy enough to still be serving drinks to these two.

.....And then I want them to waitress on my next flight.

As I recall, Gary doesn't drive. If we assume that's because he doesn't have a license, a Passport is the next best way to carry around a government approved form of photo ID without having a Military Personnel card or other Government Employee ID of some sort. Useful for everything from validating cheques to getting into a bar or cinema.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2013-08-17 at 11:33 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    As I recall, Gary doesn't drive. If we assume that's because he doesn't have a license, a Passport is the next best way to carry around a government approved form of photo ID without having a Military Personnel card or other Government Employee ID of some sort. Useful for everything from validating cheques to getting into a bar or cinema.
    For those in the know regarding how it goes in Canada, do they have other forms of ID there? Over here in the Netherlands (and presumably the rest of the EU, as they are valid there) we have special ID cards for that. They practically function as a passport within the EU, but otherwise are no longer necessary once you have a driver's license.

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    For those in the know regarding how it goes in Canada, do they have other forms of ID there? Over here in the Netherlands (and presumably the rest of the EU, as they are valid there) we have special ID cards for that. They practically function as a passport within the EU, but otherwise are no longer necessary once you have a driver's license.
    I dont know about canada, but in the US you can also get a state ID card. I think its the same place as the DMV only you cant drive with it.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Canadian here, but not exactly knowledgable about ID options. But as far as I know, getting a passport is fairly easy here, and it's either that or a drivers license for picture ID.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

I'm not sure if driver's licenses would be valid ID here. I mean, they properly would be, but I've never seen anyone use that.

A passport is just something you have... I mean, I didn't even think about it before today. Everyone has a passport. You renew it every ten years or so, sure, but everyone just has one. And usually an ID card on top of that.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, for what it's worth, I don't have a passport. I don't even know if you need one to travel inside the EU. Probably not. A regular ID on the other hand is what everyone has, no matter the circumstances. >_>

I do know however that my mom had to get a passport for her trip to Canada, so she now has one at least.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

26. - Top - End - #446
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Pretty much everyone I know here in the UK has a passport. We tend to use driving licences as ID; some people do take their passports on nights out if they don't have a driving licence, but it's risky (and a pain to replace), and many just get a provisional licence even if they don't ever plan on taking a single lesson. What we don't have is a proper ID card* - when I was living in Europe, I'd often get funny looks from bouncers for using my licence as ID, while all my European friends were using their standardised 'regular' ID cards.

Our government was making noise a while back about introducing compulsory ID cards with fancy biometric shenanigans, but no-one could really see the point, it sounded a hassle and overly expensive, and the whole thing just kind of quietly disappeared.

*We do have 'Validate cards', but they're pretty much only useful when you're like 15 and at the cinema, or buying a game. Bouncers and the like tend not to accept them, though I'm not sure about the legality of that.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

In Sweden, as in the rest of the EU, a driver's licence is also automatically valid ID everywhere.
    If you don't have one, you get an EU approved ID card that is also valid in all countries.

A passport is extremely easy to get, and takes about 2-4 workdays after applying at your police station.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't even know if you need one to travel inside the EU. Probably not.
    You do if you want to travel to the UK, Ireland, Malta, Cyprus or Romania. The rest of the EU is signed up to a treaty so that passport checks are not needed.

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Goosefeather View Post
    Our government was making noise a while back about introducing compulsory ID cards with fancy biometric shenanigans, but no-one could really see the point, it sounded a hassle and overly expensive, and the whole thing just kind of quietly disappeared.
    The point of an official ID card (I'm not talking about the biometrics and stuff in particular) is simply to have a document establishing your identity without having to take driving lessons (and without having to wait until you're old enough to take them, either). An ID card has no other purposes than identification, and is subjected to no other conditions than being identifiable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    The point of an official ID card (I'm not talking about the biometrics and stuff in particular) is simply to have a document establishing your identity without having to take driving lessons (and without having to wait until you're old enough to take them, either). An ID card has no other purposes than identification, and is subjected to no other conditions than being identifiable.
    Yes, I do actually understand the principle behind ID cards - the thing is, the proposed cards were (due to the biometrics) more expensive than provisional driving licences. The provisional driving licence is simply the 'learning' card (it basically allows you to drive a vehicle as long as there is also a qualified driver [over 21, with 3 years experience] in the car with you) - having one doesn't mean you have to take lessons, it just allows you to do so. Hence why no-one could see the point of an official ID card, as it wouldn't do anything useful that couldn't be achieved more easily, and for cheaper, by the provisional licence.

We can drive from 17, and when you're younger than this, you basically only need proof of age for things like 'getting into a 15-rated movie' or 'getting a cheaper bus ticket', which is basically the sole purpose of the aforementioned crappy little 'validate' card. And half the time nobody checks it anyway.