New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XV: The Weasel, the Spark, and the Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Why would the Jaegers be with Higgs and Zeetha? Not seeing the logic there. Especially since there are probably more than one group of Jaegers that escaped Mechanicsburg.
    Well, if Higgs is who we think he is, naturally all remaining Jagers would look to him for guidance. Of course that wouldn't mean he wouldn't scatter them around Mechanicsburg to keep watch for anything happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    What's surprising is that there's a sizable group of Jagers that close by, not that they would recognize and help Agatha.
    I imagine once Klaus' forces started to retreat a bunch of Jagers followed them to make sure they didn't change their minds, and to report back to the generals if they did. They would have been stuck outside when Klaus did whatever it is that he did and - orders from Higgs or not - would have stayed in the area in the hopes Agatha would return someday.

I don't see the Boyz in the melee, but they might be there somewhere.

This is the first really hopeful event since Tweedle grabbed Agatha and drug her to the Portal. Up until now she's been struggling to keep her head above water; now she's got a big enough force at her command to be able to do more than just escape. Assuming, of course, her changed scent doesn't put off the Jagers.

Maybe they can go and rescue Violetta, too.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    Jägers have been on Agatha's side since the Doom Bell rang, so it's not surprising that they help them.
    They have been on her side WAY longer than that. They just couldnt act openly until the bell rang. They knew who she was back when she and gil crashed into the generals on the flying machine on castle wulfenbach. Everything from then on was just maneuvering into position for them.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's possible that these are the forces of the general who never made it to Mechanicsburg. If he was just running late, then it's all good. If he didn't go into the city for a different reason, like he's not sure if he wants to remain loyal to the family, then this could be a frying pan to (potential) fire situation.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

What's surprising is that there's a sizable group of Jagers that close by, not that they would recognize and help Agatha.
    Yeah, that's surprising in the "I didn't see that coming" sense, but otherwise it's not. First, there is a perfectly good reason for them to be out there searching for their mistress, as their primary job is to protect her. Second, in a meta point of view, we are getting used to this kind of scene where Agatha gets into a tight situation, then more and more unexpected characters, both hostile and friendly, start to appear seemingly out of nowhere.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Hey, expect the unexpected. After all it's a Heterodyne Story! The unexpected happens all the time in them!
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #756

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    First, there is a perfectly good reason for them to be out there searching for their mistress, as their primary job is to protect her.
    They might not even be specifically searching for Agatha--they might be part of some sort of defence cordon around Mechanicsburg; we know they're not too far away from the town here.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Well, if Higgs is who we think he is, naturally all remaining Jagers would look to him for guidance. Of course that wouldn't mean he wouldn't scatter them around Mechanicsburg to keep watch for anything happening there.
    I think the more obvious answer is had in the General who never showed up. I hope that he was simply delayed and these Jaegers are his battalion. Otherwise this "Agatha is getting away...no, she is captured...no she gets away" routine is getting old. I hope this is the last iteration before we get some other stuff. At the least I hope we get Jaeger antics.

And I enjoy that Jaeger translates as "hunter", and the Jaeger battle cry is so often "ve hunt!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Why would the Jaegers be with Higgs and Zeetha? Not seeing the logic there. Especially since there are probably more than one group of Jaegers that escaped Mechanicsburg.
    Because I currently think Higgs is the hidden Jaeger general thus he can probably round up some Jaeger's to follow him. And Zeetha will more than likely be with Higgs.

Then again it could be the other Jaeger general, the one that didn't show up on time to Mechensburg. Did we ever get anymore information about that one?

I suppose it could be wild Jaegers but I find that unlikely that they just so happen to come across them right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

I just like the parallel to the Sparkhound pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #760

Jagers may have own spy/intelligence system, may have some idea where Agatha was... If knights of jove can have spy and gate in mechanisburg, Jagers might have spy in Knights of Jove as well for example.
    Last edited by multilis; 2013-10-05 at 10:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
    Jagers may have own spy/intelligence system, may have some idea where Agatha was... If knights of jove can have spy and gate in mechanisburg, Jagers might have spy in Knights of Jove as well for example.
    The generic Jaeger version of subtle is to hide in a barrel of pickles. Jaeger spies in other organizations seems a bit farfetched.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    The generic Jaeger version of subtle is to hide in a barrel of pickles. Jaeger spies in other organizations seems a bit farfetched.
    At the very least, we have Higgs who was a Jaeger affiliate of some sort serving as a Wulfenbauch airman. And the Generals seemed aware of overall troop movements, though that is probably just from their position, which is likely no longer the case with the Heterodyne returned. And the Empire gone, so far as we are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Because I currently think Higgs is the hidden Jaeger general thus he can probably round up some Jaeger's to follow him. And Zeetha will more than likely be with Higgs.

Then again it could be the other Jaeger general, the one that didn't show up on time to Mechensburg. Did we ever get anymore information about that one?

I suppose it could be wild Jaegers but I find that unlikely that they just so happen to come across them right now.
    Tarvek suggested the possibility of the last general dissenting against returning to the Heterodynes, which the rest neither confirmed nor denied. However it also earned him some respect, so he may not be far off.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

First Counterpoint: Higgs
    Second Counterpoint: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20111214
    Third Counterpoint: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20111219

The Jaegers certainly have some spy/information network. Just because the standard Jaeger isn't exactly stealthy doesn't mean that none of them are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

14. - Top - End - #764

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis67 View Post
    At the very least, we have Higgs who was a Jaeger affiliate of some sort
    Isn't the only proof he's some sort of Jaeger affiliate that he said "vos" in one panel of one comic? To my mind, that's not proof he's a Jaeger. It's probably proof he's a lot older than he looks and falls back into his native accent when he's annoyed, but that's about it.

15. - Top - End - #765

Isn't the only proof he's some sort of Jaeger affiliate that he said "vos" in one panel of one comic? To my mind, that's not proof he's a Jaeger. It's probably proof he's a lot older than he looks and falls back into his native accent when he's annoyed, but that's about it.
    Oh there is tons of proof of his age and his value to the heterodynes. His power is displayed by the fact that not even the castle seemed willing to cross him on his wish that it keep quiet. Now what he IS is still very much so a mystery. But whatever he is, he is old, powerful, and influential while still remaining more or less hidden for some reason.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I just like the parallel to the Sparkhound pack.
    I kind of hope the Jagers will go pull the Sparkhounds out of the goo. I see tremendous potential in a Jager/Sparkhound collaboration, and as long as Seffie is around and Marcellus isn't, the dogs SHOULD follow her orders.

Krosp would hate it.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I kind of hope the Jagers will go pull the Sparkhounds out of the goo. I see tremendous potential in a Jager/Sparkhound collaboration, and as long as Seffie is around and Marcellus isn't, the dogs SHOULD follow her orders.

Krosp would hate it.
    I doubt Agatha would want to have them tag along. Selphie hasn't really given her a reason to trust her, and the last thing she wants is to surround herself with opposing troops. If she's gonna let Selphie tag along, then it will be on Agatha's terms, with her troops only.

18. - Top - End - #768

NecromancerGuy

Personally, I'm wondering whether the jaegers realise who they've just rescued. Obviously they'll realise quite quickly once not fighting (next page would be my guess), but it might be that they're hanging around the area anyway and rescuing anyone foolish or unfortunate enough to draw the attention of Wulfenbach
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
    Personally, I'm wondering whether the jaegers realise who they've just rescued. Obviously they'll realise quite quickly once not fighting (next page would be my guess), but it might be that they're hanging around the area anyway and rescuing anyone foolish or unfortunate enough to draw the attention of Wulfenbach
    And thus the cycle is complete. Once they were the most fearsome shock troops of the most horrific rulers on the planet. Now they are a band of goofy knight-errants who go forth (frothing) to rescue damsels in distress.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

And thus the cycle is complete. Once they were the most fearsome shock troops of the most horrific rulers on the planet. Now they are a band of goofy knight-errants who go forth (frothing) to rescue damsels in distress.
    If the cycle is actually complete, they're likely the ones to have put said damsels in distress as well.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Zeetha will more than likely be with Higgs.
    There may be a green-haired Higgs Jr running around by now.

Or a physically enhanced Zeetha Jr.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

I beleaf dis is vat zey call a Jaeger Ex Machina.

23. - Top - End - #773

Hey, now. While the Jaegers are fearsome shock troops, they have also demonstrated on multiple occasions that they love the ladies.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    There may be a green-haired Higgs Jr running around by now.

Or a physically enhanced Zeetha Jr.
    Meh, the kid would be under 2 years old. Not saying a baby isnt possible, just saying there would be precious little running around most likely.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Meh, the kid would be under 2 years old. Not saying a baby isnt possible, just saying there would be precious little running around most likely.
    Higgs wearing one of those baby carriers. Now there's a thought that might get you killed. :P
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Higgs wearing one of those baby carriers. Now there's a thought that might get you killed. :P
    Hey if the Baron can make it work, Higgs should be able to. But it will still be funny as all heck.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

27. - Top - End - #777

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    Hey, now. While the Jaegers are fearsome shock troops, they have also demonstrated on multiple occasions that they love the ladies.
    And if you recall the ballad of Andre, they have really poor taste in which women they love.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

28. - Top - End - #778

And if you recall the ballad of Andre, they have really poor taste in which women they love.
    Sure, Andre did care for Von Pinn. But there's plenty of other cases of Jaegers and women. See Oggy's grandson, the waitress in Maxim Buys a Hat, the girls at Mamma's place, the whole scene where the Jaegers return to Mechanicsburg, and more. Many of them are shameless womanizers.

Back on topic,
    Spoiler
    Show

I guess the chemical thing didn't change Agatha's scent that much if at all. Hopefully the Weasel comes along for the ride though.

29. - Top - End - #779

Bah! I was hoping we would get exposition instead of another abduction. Maybe she will demand they explain things before she goes anywhere.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #780

Well, that "mistress" thing is a good sign at least.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!