New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World II

Soul Society

Hideki crumples a certain flier in his hand while a vein pops on his mask.

Wait, what.

-------

Hueco Mundo

A certain steward/jester/architect looks appraisingly at an old model, he has done this before, quite often. The more he does, the more he is sure that whoever was in charge of city planning should have left that to someone else.

Luckily, he is someone else. And he has a design, and... Well, strictly speaking he's just changed a few things around, designated some of the old "districts to merely large buildings around a vast main street crossing the length of the city from outer wall to central palace... Changed a few things here and there. Made everything nice and tidy, put more residential areas closer to the center - strangely there were none other than the espada palaces and some dull barracks.

Honestly, someone didn't know much about positive reinforcement. Oh, no matter.

But then, a message, a joyous message. The man's face would positively shine if he were released or still an adjuchas. It would be very, very strange. Specially to the assembled foremen, who are already a tad miffed by the change in project.

But one guy complained and now he's got stones in his kidneys, they won't last, but nobody says a word. Stuff hurts.

Just then, Clovis calls the end of the meeting and as soon as everyone is gone, he falls back into a garganta.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

Moving on to senior researcher Castus's room, tapping once at the door to notify him of entry - there had been times that all nurses had walked in on someone in the middle of embarrassing stress relief activity and so a warning was appropriate, and than entering without further warning - "Senior Researcher Castus - I had hoped not to see you again so soon" she offered a smile as she laid a hand on him allowing his wounds and bruises to heal at a greatly accelerated rate, "there you are in no danger internal or out".

Folding her arms away "I will admit to being disappointed to only be hearing about a skirmish only after it occurred, even when none died it can be taxing on resources and results in a state of high-alert. Can you please provide me with a full account of events that have led to these injuries".
    "Well what can I say, any excuse to have some fun."

Castus pauses a moment as the healing takes effect

"Thanks, but there's not much to say, I picked up a calling all hands signal from the recon division. After that I then reported to the meeting point at the Senkaimon, where we were briefed on a couple of escaped hollow prisoners from some Ancient Mortal World Prisons and that there was another breakin underway to release some big ancient ice hollow. After that we went through the gate to intercept them and found out the other guys where already there ahead of us.

Anyway, I ended up fighting what was probably a Fullbringer who could make pretty decent armour and explosives out of paper, fast as well. He did most of the damage to me either by blowing up the ice or by trying to blow me up."

Castus then scratches his chin for a few seconds before he has a go at describing the others there

"I only got a good look at one other though. The one who was breaking the Prisoner out of the ice block who seemed to be able to control heat and looked to be a Arrancar in a suit not much else to say there really. The others.. Well one looked like a kid, Another was a big guy who I think got even bigger afterwards, defiantly one of the prisoners who were released from the other prisons except since then he has become an Arrancar and some old lady who opened up Gargantas and summoned these weird Fake Hollow things. The tapes from the others will probably have better shots of them though"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-07-24 at 01:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society -- Hospital]

Kakari wanders in the door, apparently mostly healed. The only trauma that he'd truly sustained was a nasty bruise in the center of his chest, shaped rather like a fist. It had somewhat cracked one of his ribs, but other than that he seemed fine, if extremely, extremely worried.

"Excuse me Head Researcher, Fukitaichou, but who were those people with the Arrancar? Does this aggression mean....the peace is broken?"
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hueco Mundo
    Lucys Rock

Sitting on her perch Lucy will be able to sense the pair approaching long before she can she them easily due to the vast sandstorm cloaking the area. They are approaching from the direction the sand storm is heading and are talking quite loudly, well talking might be an overstretch but they are definitely conversing.

“*Grrr*”

“Smell, something?”

“*Growl*”

“Strange smell? Maskless one? Ahhahahaha we’ll soon get your mask broken too, then you will be able to kneel before king. Yes. But now we will have good food Ah,ha”

Getting closer you can begin to make out both of them through the sand, one with its nose close to the ground giving off lound sniffing noises while the other walked behind. The second one stood at over 8 feet with long arms almost touching the floor and a waistline much lower than would be expected from something that big. Ontop of this every few steps it would move to push itself along with its arms before apparently remembering itself, all these things combined to give the impression of something not comfortable in its own body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a basic intro before you get thrown in it, at the moment you won't be able to make much else out through the storm but yea, problems or questions wack em up in the OCC or in a PM and i'll deal with them

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post

Kakari wanders in the door, apparently mostly healed. The only trauma that he'd truly sustained was a nasty bruise in the center of his chest, shaped rather like a fist. It had somewhat cracked one of his ribs, but other than that he seemed fine, if extremely, extremely worried.

"Excuse me Head Researcher, Fukitaichou, but who were those people with the Arrancar? Does this aggression mean....the peace is broken?"
    Soul Society
    Hospital

"Senior Researcher, Kakari. I'm not old enough to be a head researcher"
    Castus lets out a brief chuckle to let the others in the room know he was joking.

"And we don't make those decisions, we need to wait for the head captain to review the evidence to decide that. So for now why don't you go and make sure your fully healed, not much we can do for now."
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-07-24 at 04:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo - Ravine]

After about twenty-twentyfive minutes the guide arrives with zig-zag sonido of someone practicing changing the trajectory to pass time while traveling.

She stops about thirty metres away from the group and walks the rest of the way inorder to not to appear to be attacking.

"Good day. Is one of you perhaps Tinjan-sama?" the arriving arrancar asks. Her kimono doesn't show any sign of her having just traveled with high-speed.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Soul Society, Senkaimon Entrance

There's a sound of rushing air, then a voice as Mikoto appears about 10ft behind. "Rashi! Sorry I'm a little late, some random little hollow in the sewage system decided to intrude upon my shower this morning." He looks around, then catches sight of Sayuri. "Well look who it is, the little caffeine wonder! How'd Igarashi drag you into his research project? Or is it the other way around?"
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2013-07-24 at 07:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society-Hospital

After dropping Masaru off Naijeru debated for a moment if he should go in for treatment as well. On the one hand his durability meant that he was the one least injured on the mission. On the other hand he didn't know about the abilities of the enemy and if something popped up later he would really get a chewing out for it. Deciding to er on the side caution he went to get checked on.

Hueco Mundo--Ravine

Kyoki was sitting down in the sand in a little circle that she had drawn. Ragunaroku was quiet for once as he was relaxing in the sun. Looking up at the new Arrancar that had shown up she asks for Tinja. She points over at the lounging woman before going back to making doodles in the sand.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Suddenly. Wracking pain grips Kakari as spurts of white begin to bleed out of his every orifice.

Congratulations. You have contracted La Plaga Blanca.

Survive it. Or succumb to it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #309

[Hueco Mundo -- Ravine]

Tinja grumbles in her "sleep", and a single, baleful eye opens.

"Its been like a minute! Kids these days...
    We're waiting for our guide, of course. Why else would we be here?"
    She asks, snuggling deeper into the warm sand.
    Randii rolls her eyes and lets out a frustrated huff of air.

Yes, I know we're waiting for a guide. You just said that. I meant, who is the guide? Duh.

Randii may be one of the few arrancars below Espada level to be able to get away with talking to Tinja like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    [Hueco Mundo - Ravine]

After about twenty-twentyfive minutes the guide arrives with zig-zag sonido of someone practicing changing the trajectory to pass time while traveling.

She stops about thirty metres away from the group and walks the rest of the way inorder to not to appear to be attacking.

"Good day. Is one of you perhaps Tinjan-sama?" the arriving arrancar asks. Her kimono doesn't show any sign of her having just traveled with high-speed.
    Randii's bright blue eyes look over the new arrival for a moment, taking in her sight. Then the colorful arrancar jerks her thumb in the direction of the figure laying back in the sand.

Yeah, our glorious leader over there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo - Ravine]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Randii rolls her eyes and lets out a frustrated huff of air.

Yes, I know we're waiting for a guide. You just said that. I meant, who is the guide? Duh.

Randii may be one of the few arrancars below Espada level to be able to get away with talking to Tinja like that.

Randii's bright blue eyes look over the new arrival for a moment, taking in her sight. Then the colorful arrancar jerks her thumb in the direction of the figure laying back in the sand.

Yeah, our glorious leader over there.

[Hueco Mundo -- Ravine]

"Glorious leader. I like that one. We should keep it." Says Tinja good-spiritedly, then bounces to her feet.

"And I believe our guide is right here -- she certainly matches the description."

"Welcome to our party!" Tinja continues, turning to address the newcomer. "Alicia Astenjo, I presume? May I present the rest of my party -- Quarta and Sexta Espadas, Kyoki and Valentina, and the Fracciones Creon and Randii.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, you lived with the Hollows of Las Cuevas De la Muerte for a fair bit of time before leaving, and you know your way around their base? Why exactly did you leave again? My subordinate was somewhat vague on the details."

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTesla View Post
    Soul Society, Senkaimon Entrance

There's a sound of rushing air, then a voice as Mikoto appears about 10ft behind. "Rashi! Sorry I'm a little late, some random little hollow in the sewage system decided to intrude upon my shower this morning." He looks around, then catches sight of Sayuri. "Well look who it is, the little caffeine wonder! How'd Igarashi drag you into his research project? Or is it the other way around?"
    "Mikoto." Igarashi acknowledges the new presence with a nod, then gestures at the Senkaimon. "Its one of my projects, actually. I'd tell you more, but i'd rather we get moving so we can discuss while we go. The cleaner can't be halted forever, and theres much to do."

[Seireitei -- Hospital wing]

Kakari collapses as the viscous white goo begins to pour out of him, his eyes going wide in horror as it begins to creep up his body, encasing him in a full suit of bone plate, his body stretching and contorting to the point where, had he been a human, he would surely have been torn apart. A muffled scream mixed with a moan of frightening intensity fills the room as, with frightening speed, the goo reaches his neck and moves up the back of his head, seemingly avoiding his face.

The goo pauses here temporarily, and Kakari lets out a massive surge of Reiatsu -- likely most of the Reiatsu he had left -- in an attempt to burn off the goo. Instead, it clings tighter, and small streamers begin to cross his face.

"Help.....me..." He croaks as the goo begins to spread across his face, his cheeks already consumed by the fluid.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-07-25 at 01:09 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

"A mortal with a bunch of hollows hurt a group of you", she was surprised to say the least, unless there were at Menos level or significant numbers of huge a seated officer should be able to handle a few hollows, a squad of them more-so.

And if they opposition was at that level why did Recon not request a vice-captain at the least - it was worrying.

She would have to review these tapes. Having served in the army in life she was finding the higher levels of the Gotei military command for to focused on flash over substance, that was fine for peace - not war.

Seeing the new arrival, "there is no peace currently - only a cold war. However we can't say that there is only one group of hollows just as one group in soul society is not the whole".

Just as she finished speaking the man collapsed, there was no hesitation as she throw up a series of barriers - kido in this manner was not her forte, but she was a academy graduate and all nurses were trained to isolate potentially dangerous outbreaks.

"Dammit" she knew an infection when she saw one even if not the type. the attack must have released something of infected some people with something, something that the working nurses had not picked up in a standard review and that took time to display symptoms.

Swiping the materials from inside her robe, "Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Bakudō #77. Tenteikūra " she directed it to all members of the Medical division, and the squad leaders of IS responsible for overseeing the Medical Division and the vice-captain of that division also.

"This is Lucita, acting captain of the Medical Division. Until further notice the Monastery of the Ho-ou is to be considered under quarantine, all patients are to be directed to the other facilities. None within the Monastery are to be allowed to leave. There is a potential pathogen capable of affecting plus type souls, and any of us may be affected. To those within Internal Security there are too many unknowns and as such this cannot be allowed to spread ... lethal force is authorised in the event of any attempted breach of quarantine", no epidemic could be allowed to spread at a time like this - and better to be overly cautious and wrong than incautious and wrong, "to those within my division none of you need to be told the seriousness of this scenario please keep your patients comfortable and sedated if needed ... there is a plan for review in place for this and we should have this resolved as quickly as possible. Area quarantine is in affect also to prevent possible spread. Thank you all".

"Senior researcher Castus, I trust you heard me. I could use your expertise reviewing this, ideally we can determine whether or not it has the potential to be contagious and with luck I can merely look like a hyper fool and drop this quarantine", she offered a smile.

"Firstly I need to know who he and the rest of your team might have came in contact with while returning from the attack ... until I can rule out a spread we have to assume that this is a viral attack against soul society itself" the smile had faded.

Than a horrible thought occurred to her, there was one in the building who would likely regard any imprisonment as a personal attack rather than anything else - and in a confined place like this it could result in a massacre. Still the potential outbreak was more important right now, she gritted her teeth in frustration.

[Soul Society]

Throughout soul society the Medical and Logistic division jumped to attention, directing patients to other facilities, mapping maps available, warding off areas, setting up a one way food delivery system in case of a prolonged quarantine.
    Those in Internal Security also moved to attention co-ordinating off streets, and directing traffic away and around the building - which there long range fighters prepared to deal with any lunatics that emerged.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Castus sits up from his bed and watches as the researcher begins to be overcome by the disease before beginning to work on containment.

"Mountain that falls from heaven and traps the beast Bakudō # 73. Tozanshō"

Once he's finished 4 dots of light spread out into an inverted pyramid with Karkari trapped between the base and the floor while the tip of the pyramid is somewhere in the floor although it doesn't collapse the floor due to the shape.

Once that's finished Castus stands up and upends a table to watch from behind, just incase the disease couldn't be contained by Kido. Following that he just stays behind the table watching the various stages of the disease. He didn't exactly seem worried to be honest, more mildly interested.

"I'd guess one of the Arrancars we fought has some sort of poisonous or bacterial warfare ability, rather than it being something we picked up on the way back."
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-07-25 at 12:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

[Hueco Mundo]
    Ravine

Valentina, who remained silent and thoughtful (with the occasional release of a Pesquisa) throughout that whole restful pause, listens carefully to anything said about the Las Cuevas de la Muerte.

She actually doesn't know anything about it, apart from the name. She just likes pretending that she knows more than she actually does, because not knowing something shows weakness. But, if she hears something about it, then she can infer something else about it. Everyone knows that when you infer something, that automatically makes it 100% correct.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul-Society, Monastery of the Ho-ou]

Kakari vomits, but more of the white stuff pours forth as he lays twitching, finally covering his face in the short span of time that the incantation is being chanted.

The lump of white writhes, and then becomes defined, arms appearing and taking shape. On one arm, a bony shield appeared, while on the other, a wickedly curved mockery of Kakari's old katana.

The real shock was his legs, which merged to form a single bony tail stretching out like that of a snake. Horns rose from his head, like that of a demon.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

"Yes, but that is irrelevant" she sighed "if it is deliberate than the expectation would be for it to spread to take out the enemy in their home - otherwise it would make more sense to be fast acting. Further that your group all survived could be more than happy chance but a planned infection agent. As such I need to know everyone your group came in contact with since your fight, so that they can be reviewed for symptoms developing".

"If this is contagious and even one in ten contacts results in transformation with the other nine being rendered immune, that could reduce soul societies forces significantly and be a sizeable moral issue for the Gotei", keeping an eye on the patient "so I ask again, who he and the rest of your team might have came in contact with while returning from the attack. Time is potentially of the essence".

Still the man needed help, "erect a barrier between us and another at the door", the man was likely better at it than her "than create a window so that I can treat him, please".

The first duty was to the preservation of life ... it seemed a less reassuring statement after authorising the deaths of any who broke her rules.

Stepping forward she looked at a creature that had once been a shinigami, "Hakufuku", it would be easier if it was asleep.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

"I think the only other people would be Hideki and whoever was in the Med teams we met at the gate. Well since we're already infected if it's airborne I guess i can comply with that, get ready and try not to get yourself killed."

Castus quickly erects two Danku Barriers between the door and the room as well as between him and the other two. Once he is finished with that he sits on the floor, takes a few seconds to get used to the familiar feel of his energy flowing between him and the three barriers. Once he is ready he opens a small gap in the Tozanshō barrier, just big enough for Lucita to reach through.

[Hueco Mundo]
    Ravine

Creon follows Valentina in staying silent, not having anything he deems worth saying to add.

17. - Top - End - #317

[Hueco mundo- Ravine]

There is only a momunterily confusion visible in Alicia's face. Apparently she expected group of Espadas and fraccion to be slightly... different. Still, she adjusts to the fact fast enough.

"Yes, I lived in the area and took advantage of its relative safety while I recovered from tearing off my mask. As to why I left," she explains. "Now that I have recovered I have no desire to remain doing nothing in service of that miserable kingdom in small corner of Hueco Mundo. Not with that "king" ruling." Alicia couldn't resist doing the quotation marks with her fingers when mentioning the king. Apparently there was some bad blood there.

"Their defense mostly relies on labyrinth that one must travel to get to their base. Naturally, I know the way through it."
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

[Dangai]

Hairs on Sayuri's neck stand to an end as they step through the Senkaimon. The world in-between is a very different place when going through guided by a Jigokucho, than now when they go in with no planned destination. Ordinarly, hallways of innumerable doors would appear before them, with only those leading to a desired location opening. This time, there are no doors - just a dark canyon, with faint light shining like a beacon at the other end.

Sayuri glances nervously at the canyon walls - they seem to flow down (and sometimes up) as if made from something liquid, or perhaps something alive. It is a very bizarre scene. Ordinarily, they'd be in too much hurry to outrun the Cleaner to admire the scenery, but now that she has a second to ponder upon it, one question soon comes to the girl's mind.

"Nagashi-san... what is beyond those walls?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #319

Hueco Mundo - Ravine

Still in a crouching position, Randii listens to Alicia while staring off into the distance, idly playing with the ring in her lip. She was already thinking of a few of her tattoos that could be useful there.

So, what kinda numbers we talkin' bout here? And what level are they? Gillians?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seireitei -- Hospital, Within the Barriers]

Spoiler
    Show
    [Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

Stepping forward she looked at a creature that had once been a shinigami, "Hakufuku", it would be easier if it was asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Castus quickly erects two Danku Barriers between the door and the room as well as between him and the other two. Once he is finished with that he sits on the floor, takes a few seconds to get used to the familiar feel of his energy flowing between him and the three barriers. Once he is ready he opens a small gap in the Tozanshō barrier, just big enough for Lucita to reach through.

The monster sways a little, its eyes dulling and its arms falling to its sides, but then recovers it with a (somewhat sleepy sounding) roar of rage and swings its scimitar at the small hole. Unfortunately for it, the sleep kido appears to have hurt its aim, as the scimitar strikes a good foot away from Lucita's head. The monster frowns, looking befuddled, and lines up a second shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was under the impression that Hakufuku was a relatively low level spell (as in canon I am only aware of it having been used on a single mook soul reaper), and it seems it wouldn't really have the power to knock out a seated officer whose powers have been amplified by Hollowfication (of one sort or another), especially while unchanted. A couple more will probably do him in, however.

[Hueco Mundo -- A narrow Ravine]
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco mundo- Ravine]

There is only a momunterily confusion visible in Alicia's face. Apparently she expected group of Espadas and fraccion to be slightly... different. Still, she adjusts to the fact fast enough.

"Yes, I lived in the area and took advantage of its relative safety while I recovered from tearing off my mask. As to why I left," she explains. "Now that I have recovered I have no desire to remain doing nothing in service of that miserable kingdom in small corner of Hueco Mundo. Not with that "king" ruling." Alicia couldn't resist doing the quotation marks with her fingers when mentioning the king. Apparently there was some bad blood there.

"Their defense mostly relies on labyrinth that one must travel to get to their base. Naturally, I know the way through it."
    --Insert Randii's question here --

"A labyrinth. Interesting idea. I could see how one of those could be deadly.

Also, in addition to what Randii asked -- their "king", what can you tell us about him?"

Tinja copies Alicia's air-quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Dangai]

Hairs on Sayuri's neck stand to an end as they step through the Senkaimon. The world in-between is a very different place when going through guided by a Jigokucho, than now when they go in with no planned destination. Ordinarly, hallways of innumerable doors would appear before them, with only those leading to a desired location opening. This time, there are no doors - just a dark canyon, with faint light shining like a beacon at the other end.

Sayuri glances nervously at the canyon walls - they seem to flow down (and sometimes up) as if made from something liquid, or perhaps something alive. It is a very bizarre scene. Ordinarily, they'd be in too much hurry to outrun the Cleaner to admire the scenery, but now that she has a second to ponder upon it, one question soon comes to the girl's mind.

"Nagashi-san... what is beyond those walls?"
    Igarashi smiles down indulgently at the young looking girl who is staring around in so much wonder. "You should ask our expert here" he responds, gesturing to the third member of their expedition.

"And I should explain our mission, now that we are here. I was charged with the studying of the Dangai and the Void in the hopes of figuring out a way of blocking the entrance of Arrancar directly into Soul Society by redirecting them into the Dangai. Questions?"
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz
    He calmed a bit, "I am a third year student and the best in the year at Zanjutsu but I am still not on the level of a higher year student, let alone an officer" unseated of seated he figured - they did after all have a full six years.

"My other skills are ok for my position".

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

She was mildly surprised that the being before her was able to remain aware - even if limited, Hakufuku was a safe method of ensuring a patient was at peace and the similar powers were the nurses handbook for when there was no time for a longer lasting sedative.

Flipping open a vial from within her robe throwing a few drops of Shinten at the hollow, before snapping her hand out to complete Tanma Otoshi.

She did not wish to harm the Shinigami and there were numerous methods of achieving that.

OCC
    Spoiler
    Show

I am kind of assuming that sedation affects are the bread and butter of the Med and Log division (where Kaidō would be the water).

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei - Recon Division HQ]

There was this one thing Setsurou really liked about himself. He was only the kind of guy who attracted attention when he really, really wanted to. Otherwise most people simply missed him. It wasn't that he was invisible, only that he wasn't that remarkable unless he wanted to be.

Arianna might find that there was this one Shinigami wandering about her stomping grounds that definitely did not belong to her division. And who apparently didn't know anyone from there.

Until he eventually found her.

"'Scuze me, I'm looking for a certain person called Arianna? No one seems to be willing to point me in her direction, and I've only got this sketch to go by."

He presented what looked like a 10-year-old's drawing in pink crayon.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Hueco Mundo -- A narrow Ravine]

"Well if they rely on a labyrinth to protect them they're probably to weak to properly defend themselves once we're past it. So shall we get this over with?"

Once he's finished Creon stands up obviously ready to go.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dangai

Spoiler
    Show
    Igarashi smiles down indulgently at the young looking girl who is staring around in so much wonder. "You should ask our expert here" he responds, gesturing to the third member of their expedition.

"And I should explain our mission, now that we are here. I was charged with the studying of the Dangai and the Void in the hopes of figuring out a way of blocking the entrance of Arrancar directly into Soul Society by redirecting them into the Dangai. Questions?"

"Oh, I wouldn't call myself an expert. As a matter of fact I was studying a completely unrelated subject when I had my breakthrough."

He turns to Sayuri "As I'm sure Igarashi has found out by now, many have theorized on the nature of the Dangai. Though I have the benefit of some more recent research, my theories are still just that, theories. I believe they are correct, however.

What's behind the walls is chaos. An unorganized mass of particles, both spiritual and physical, roiling about in what could be called the 5th dimensional space between the world of the living and the spiritual worlds (Soul Society and Hueco Mundo) with the 4th dimension of course being time, I suppose I should explain what happened in my research to show you why I believe this is the case though.

*Warning, long story*
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 months ago, my years of research and experimentation with my partner Vogren Samarr came to fruition. We had been studying the method by which shinigami absorb reishi from their surroundings to to heal, and how that process could be accelerated. Our answer? A machine that could rapidly take in reishi and inject it into a soul, vastly increasing the rate at which it could heal. If the soul could handle it, it could even make healing oneself with kido useful by providing a constant source of reishi from which to grow new cells.

We completed a prototype, and carried out our first test of it absorbing reishi from a small area. What happened next no one could have predicted. The machine worked, but far to well. Every scrap of reishi in the area we had confined the machine to absorb in was taken up, and when all the visible reishi was gone the machine kept on going, absorbing the spirit particles that made up soul society in that spot until there was nothing left. We turned off the machine, and were shocked to find ourselves looking into the Void, the separating barrier between Soul Society and Hueco Mundo! We went inside, and could literally reach around the side of the opening to where we could see soul society and touch nothing. A bit of a disconcerting experience, if you ask me.

For the next few weeks, we completely abandoned our designs for healing acceleration. We tried the machine in a variety of places, but eventually we tried it right next to a senkaimon. When we looked inside this time, we could actually see the Dangai from the Void, stretching away seemingly endlessly in all directions below us. We activated the Senkaimon, and from within the void could see a path organize in the dangai leading into it, though we couldn't actually see inside it. And so, because of our findings, I believe the Dangai is a chaotic barrier in the 5th dimension between the heavenly and earthly realms, a roiling mass of energy and matter, that a senkaimon can organize in a narrow strip to the world of the living, which is at it's center.

Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2013-07-27 at 07:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Seireitei - Recon Headquarters

Arianna looks up from her work and raises an eyebrow at Setsurou, and again at the drawing. At least the drawing has her wings.

Well, she assumes they're wings, anyways. Can't really tell.

Uh-huh...

I am Arianna, the Vice-Captain of Recon. How may I help you?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

"Well Arianna-san, you and I are slated for a diplomacy mission to Hueco Mundo. Since it would be stupid to send a sole diplomat, you're going to be my escort.

I do hope I'm not interrupting anything important, though."

He didn't look like a diplomat. At all. His grin seemed goofy and vapid, as did his expression. How was this guy supposed to be taken seriously?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz
    He calmed a bit, "I am a third year student and the best in the year at Zanjutsu but I am still not on the level of a higher year student, let alone an officer" unseated of seated he figured - they did after all have a full six years.

"My other skills are ok for my position".
    "Thank you. You will begin studying Kido while you recover, book work only. I want you to focus on Hado for the time being, there will be a Bakudo specialist in your squad. When you are recovered I will assess your Zanjutsu skills. That will be all Tarriz." Instead of dismissing him however, Sato escorts the student to the infirmary.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

28. - Top - End - #328

Arianna is a little bit skeptical of Setsurou's statement. He definitely didn't look like any kind of diplomatic figure. She wanted to double check this, but she also didn't want to come across as rude.

Okay...well, first off, can I ask your name? And who assigned this mission to us?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, where are my manners? Hishikawa Setsurou, at your service."

Setsurou seemed to pat himself in search of something. "Where did I - oh, here it is."

He handed Arianna a small letter in Command Division stationary. She'd find it's a written order by none other than the Commander-General.

Holy ****, he's telling the truth.

"I understand how... unlikely this situation sounds. I'm kind of wondering why they picked me, myself."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330

Arianna looks over the letter. Her first surprise is that it wasn't written in crayon. Then comes the surprise of it being official.

Yeah, you're not the only one. Her tone may have been serious, but there's a smirk on her face. Clearly a joke.

Of course, I wonder why they chose a Recon person to be your bodyguard, instead of somebody from combat. But, oh well. Arianna will fold up the letter and return it to Setsurou. Just give me a couple minutes to delegate some tasks and I'll be ready to go.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS