New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media thread) Thread Thirty-Two: You people are all too fancy...

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    A partial showing of my books:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just eight shelves of my books. The bookcase on the right hand side does actually go all the way to to corner of the wall, so it can be a little tricky retrieving books from there.
    That is a nice lot of books.

Pics of me - taken right after photographing my bounty. You'd think I'd be happier, but I'm not one for taking pictures of myself. But I did say I would show off my asymmetric pixie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In this first picture (which I hate) you can just about see the remnants of the purple dye job I had done. In September. It was meant to last four to six weeks.
    I look so awkward.
    And I don't like the lighting. So I tried another.

Me sans light:

Even worse. :/

And now me making a silly face because I don't like taking self portraits, and I felt awkward as all Hell.

Now mock my photographic endeavours. Mock them.[/jokingly threatening tone]
    *flees*
    Ooh. That is less hair than I am used to you having. But it looks good! It suits you nicely. Also thanks for being willing to take photos to satisfy our curiosities.

*is awkward around technology*
    -she said on the internet forum she had been frequenting for almost a third of her life.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #782
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media thread) Thread Thirty-Two: You people are all too fancy...

FinnLassie: I knew what was left would look awesome. The new cut suits you, and you have excellent full lips.

Curly: Looking good, including the groaning bookshelves. Glad to see a selfie-stick wasn't utilised. There's only one place a selfie-stick belongs, and it's definitely not recommended to shove it up there in the manual.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Orc in the Playground

Tricky tricky... Lets see what magic I can work... How's this?

Last edited by VincentTakeda; 2015-02-08 at 05:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VincentTakeda View Post
    Tricky tricky... Lets see what magic I can work... How's this?
    You just copied Curly's pics...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    You just copied Curly's pics...
    I believe he was trying to edit them so that the colour was better?
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

6. - Top - End - #786
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed. I'm a bit of a post processing afficionado. Hope it helps. Here's some other examples of little post processing tweaks that I play around with...

Please keep in mind none of this is done with photoshop. I'm not bending and twisting features in any way. Just tweaking the lighting and the contrast/saturation/histogram...

Color correction to solve yellowish haze and contrast to make the eyes and lips and hair pop. Slightly more vivid skintone brings out her facial features that may have been lost in the yellow haze.

Color correction for yellow and brighten it up a tad... Green wall is blue, orange chair is red. Wood furniture is made of wood colored wood. Ooh hey... Didnt notice that poster on the door before!

Vignette and dynamic range lets us not only see the nice new pad better, but a nice jacket as well! Richer definition on hair, skintone and eyes.

Color correction for yellow haze (seems to come up a lot) while keeping the actual colors rich. Awesome golden hair and brings out the pattern in the shirt and polish up that leather... Shiney!!! Skin and hair and wall are not the same color! Ooh and a little classy vignetting as well..

More of the same. Pulling out that yellow, brighten up the subject, vignette to draw focus, rich saturation for that golden hair and fancy leather. Can now see where the jacket ends and the pants begin, as well as just how high those boots go!

I'm tellin ya. No end to the yellow... Rich colors... Green shirt turns blue.... Nice skin tone. Better contrast brings out the hair and eyes. Shade background to add depth to the shot.

Background shading for depth plus classy vignette, richer skin tone brings out facial features, dynamic range adjustment brings out the texture of that beautiful purple material.

Not much to do here. Contrast up for skin and eyes that pop, black out that top, Rich saturation brings out the red in the hair. Striking facial features!

Vignetting for depth, saturation and contrast for warmer skintone, bring out facial features and nice rich hair.

Classy vignetting to highlight the subject.. Face is no longer in the shadows... And whats this? I had no idea that sweater was so FLUFFY!

Kinda the opposite of some of the other stuff. Background shading for depth, *brighten* that shirt for detail, slightly warmer skin tone. Classy vignette.

Super neat to work with. Atmospheric haze correction makes the trees and red shoots in the background much richer. Full size on this one it even makes his hair more vivid... Warmer skin tone adds depth to his facial features.

Even more fun! Haze correction on the brown grass shoots, dynamic range on the rocks to really bring out their rockiness... and deeper view of whats underneath the water in the pond.

Good shots everybody. I apologize if ya didnt want me messin with 'em though. Its kinda my thing...
    Last edited by VincentTakeda; 2015-02-10 at 11:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Haven't posted in this thread before but I figure I'd share
    Halloween costume and also what I'm wearing to the renfair in town currently.

A changling, a mage, a demon and a werewolf dressed like ninjas riding velociraptors, either that's awesome or we may have jumped the shark.

3DS friend code: 0232 9724 5460
    Mii name: Jack
    pokemon y name: Jack

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Sunday, no obligations left. What to do? Upload December pictures!

Spoiler: Fog and Frost
    Show
    We had a few really foggy days at the beginning of December, which was quite dramatic. Especially this sea of light which formed from the parking lot in front of the Ångström laboratory.

(Sadly, the full glory wouldn't be properly caught on film.)

After the fog came the frost, with these beautiful crystals growing over every moss and straw.

The thin crusts of ice took on fantastical shapes...

However slow it ran, moving water wouldn't freeze, though, allowing for creations such as this little island of frozen silver in a sea of green.

The water came from this spring down in the local valley, but a kilometre from my house. I really like it, and I really like this contrast between the green waterscape and the frozen overworld.

A rare sight in the Swedish winter, a glowing orb of gold hanging in the sky. I'm not quite sure what it is, nor do I understand why the heaven is blue. I think there must be great magic involved.

I really like how the feathery clouds caught the light...

Another frost pictures, playing a bit with the focus on my camera...

Not only do we have a pure spring down in the valley, we have real rune carvings as well!

Spoiler: Christmas at our ancestral farm
    Show
    Given the right conditions, there can be a rainbow even without rain.

I found a little cave under the root of a spruce when we went hunting for a Christmas tree. I'm always fascinated by the tiny landscapes...

Cousins' dog.

And here's our Christmas tree with lots and lots of presents!

A view of the island and the straight which separates it from the cape.

Random train picture, because I like trains, and I like the way this picture turned out.

The shadows were long already just past midday.

I later counted the length of my own shadow to 23 steps. Assuming a just-shy-of-a-metre step length, that should be at least ten times my own length (I'm 188 cm).

This was also the first time in my life I saw the Northern Light. It was faint, blurry and barely moved, but it was nevertheless a magical sight.

We built a huge snow fort on the lake. You would hear the ice crack and shatter for all of the following days, but it was thick and cold, so it never broke.

Little brother (with some help from the rest of us) also carved out a parabole in the ice itself. I secretly suspect he was trying to contact the aliens.

In the last day, the temperature rose from -20-25°C to the low positives. We took our chance to create a snow cat!

Or as my dad put it, when musing about things to do in the snow: "And you can of course make a carven image of snow which you [I, that is] then worship.".

Indeed. I'm a bit of a post processing afficionado. Hope it helps. Here's some other examples of little post processing tweaks that I play around with...
    Here we shade the background to add depth to the shot, bring up the contrast on the hair, slight warmness to skintone, polish up that awesome leather. Hair and eyes really pop.
    Spoiler: Tinkering! :D
    Show
    *lots of neat post-processing*

Super neat to work with. Atmospheric haze correction makes the trees and red shoots in the background much richer. Full size on this one it even makes his hair more vivid... Warmer skin tone adds depth to his facial features.

Even more fun! Haze correction on the brown grass shoots, dynamic range on the rocks to really bring out their rockiness... and deeper view of whats underneath the water in the pond.

Just tinkering around... I apologize if the tinkering is unwanted. Just seeing what I can dond .
    Oh wow, that's some nice work! I was stunned by how much colour you managed to bring out of my pictures, even if the latter might've become a little bit more summery than what's standard for an autumn scene.

And no worries on my account. I'll give you carte blanche to post-process any of my pictures. Or at least those without other people in them. No retouching though, please. I don't want "unflattering" details hidden in the name of contemporary beauty ideals (not that I think I'll have to worry about that, but I think it's the best to be clear about where I draw the line ).
    Last edited by Teddy; 2015-02-08 at 06:47 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

Agreed. I'm not into changing how people look. My thing is more of a 'resolving the limitations of a lens or camera' so that pictures look more like what you'd see with you eyes if you were standing there. I'm a huge photography buff, but I'm on a limited budget. With the right amount of work I can coax eos level shots out of my sx50.

I imagine that borealis was amazing to see in a way that the camera has a really hard time capturing effectively.
    Last edited by VincentTakeda; 2015-02-08 at 07:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Colossus in the Playground

[fancyphotofixes
    I like you. You can stay.

Fumble Jack: You look like you could be someone I know.

Teddy: Nice pickies

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

Aaaaw, Finnie looks adorable, and very smart with that bob.
    Firstly.
    OmigoshCurlington whydidn'tanyonetellme youarelikecutasabutton Ijustwanttosqueezeya.

And yes. I are supar smert. Very smert. Come hear my lecture aboot de tings. Very professional hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Oooh, you have attitude. And power!
    (Please don't judge me if I'm acting all spooked and jumpy if we happen run across eachother in a dark alleyway. )
    More like an overly excited hairdresser student who did a lot of straightening. I've got some truly curly and messy hair now that I've gotten to wash all of her hard work away.

*hides knife*

Quote Originally Posted by Peebles View Post
    FinnLassie: I knew what was left would look awesome. The new cut suits you, and you have excellent full lips.
    I... That's the weirdest compliment ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    More like an overly excited hairdresser student who did a lot of straightening. I've got some truly curly and messy hair now that I've gotten to wash all of her hard work away.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not only commenting on your hair.

Show

13. - Top - End - #793
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Fumble Jack: You look like you could be someone I know.
    I guess I may have a common look.
    A changling, a mage, a demon and a werewolf dressed like ninjas riding velociraptors, either that's awesome or we may have jumped the shark.

3DS friend code: 0232 9724 5460
    Mii name: Jack
    pokemon y name: Jack

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

I... That's the weirdest compliment ever.
    Yeah, sorry. I have no comprehension why I thought that was something I should share with anyone, and I wasn't even drunk at the time. Odd is pretty much the only thing I'm good at though, so not altogether surprising.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

Woo!

Last edited by VincentTakeda; 2015-02-10 at 12:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Oh wow, it does resemble a tribble.

Anyways:
    Spoiler: it's-a-me
    Show
    Your hair is an awesome color.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Woo!

Wooo, one can finally see the shape of it!

Doesn't it look a little bit like clay, though?

Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Orc in the Playground

I admit the craftsmanship of it is better than most of the snowmen i've seen here in colorado. It amost looks like its carved stone.

19. - Top - End - #799

NecromancerGuy

Dang, that is a nice snow cat.

Yeah, sorry. I have no comprehension why I thought that was something I should share with anyone, and I wasn't even drunk at the time. Odd is pretty much the only thing I'm good at though, so not altogether surprising.
    Compliment fits, though. And you're a girl, so it's less inappropriate than from a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

You don't need to take it so seriously! I just find it weird when people comment on tiny parts of one's body. I mean, I know I have full lips, but it's like why would anyone give a compliment to them, they're just lips that sit on my face. Plus I'm really bothered by any kind of comments about myself anyways, but I gotta learn that sometimes I just need to suck up my insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Your hair is an awesome color.
    I what.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    And you're a girl, so it's less inappropriate than from a guy.
    Gender has nothing to do with the level on inapproppriateness.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #801
    Orc in the Playground

As a 'hetero cis guy', and in the interest of sounding as non creepy as possible...

I just want to say I really love how very facey everyone's face is... It's quite moving.

I can really tell there's people in there. ^_^

22. - Top - End - #802

All those people being human and all. What hussies.

Saaaaaay... You with the skills... Don't suppose you could fix this one up for me? The beads are a fair bit darker, light green with a hint of pale blue. The ones at the very back are nearly the right colour.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a necklace I made for a friend of mine.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Orc in the Playground

Let me give it a go! few moments plz. The trick will be to see if the camera actually caught any of that green or if it saw it so brightly that it thinks they're white anyway... It did catch curlykitgirls purple hair tint but that was more of too dark than too light...

Sadly seems to be the case... I've tried a few variations... This one is probably the best result.
    In this case the stones are so bright they cast a halo of darkness on the leather behind them...

Even when I go ludicrously dark looking for color data it still comes back 'I think these stones are white'...

Even searching at the hillariously dirty bleeding edge of dynamic range, a whole lotta white and gray with just a tinge of green on the edges... This trick tells me if I could get any color back by turning the contrast down...
    The only reason we know the stones are green in this case is because they're casting green reflective light onto the leather. Especially the stone on the top left.

Sadly post processing does have some limitations, heheheh.
    Sound mixers when dealing with audio tracks refer to this phenominon as 'clipping' where an entire range of sound exceeds the limitations of the sweep, destroying the curve and 'clipping it at a hard limit'...
    In this case the curve is the wave of light hitting the sensor. The camera asks the sensor 'what color was that front stone?' and the sensor said 'oh God my eyes! it was like staring at the suuuun!'

The good news is, according to your camera, those front stones are made up of angels.

Gives a whole new meaning to 'precious stones'... Wah wah... Thats right... I went there.
    Last edited by VincentTakeda; 2015-02-11 at 11:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804

Dang. Ah well, thanks for giving it a shot.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Goodness gracious, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
    ya'll got even better looking while I was gone. Left a pretty Playground, came back to a gorgeous Playground<3

Also, I haven't thrown selfies at you in a while, SO
    Spoiler
    Show

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

26. - Top - End - #806
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    ya'll got even better looking while I was gone. Left a pretty Playground, came back to a gorgeous Playground<3

Spoiler
    Show
    All the more gorgeous for you coming back. I swear that sounded less cheesy in my head.
    So, this is me in a sweater and jeans about a year and a half ago (weirdly sized because of cropping out relatives):

Spoiler: mah face
    Show

And this is me in the same sweater and jeans today:

Spoiler
    Show

I've lost about 30 pounds in that time.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back!

Spoiler
    Show
    At first, I thought those reflections in your glasses were your eyes with the pupils going in enirely different directions. It had me genuinely creeped out for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    All the more gorgeous for you coming back. I swear that sounded less cheesy in my head.
    So, this is me in a sweater and jeans about a year and a half ago (weirdly sized because of cropping out relatives):

Spoiler: mah face
    Show

And this is me in the same sweater and jeans today:

Spoiler
    Show

I've lost about 30 pounds in that time.
    Hmm, you look blocker somehow. More rasterised.

Congratulations, though! And you've got a nice haircut on top to boot.

Show

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

If RabbitHoleLost is posting selfies again, I will too.

No more full beard and long hair for this crow (pardon the unusual half-squint...damn red light in my face):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Crow; 2015-02-22 at 05:49 PM.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    If RabbitHoleLost is posting selfies again, I will too.

No more full beard and long hair for this crow (pardon the unusual half-squint...damn red light in my face):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Excuse me, I think you've got a gun in your ear."

And a huge gun it is...

Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Liffguard View Post
    I went night-hiking with my cousin in the Lake District. We climbed a hill and drank whiskey whilst watching the sunset.

Spoiler
    Show

Looks hilly enough.

That sunset really looks quite like the sunsets up at the old farm my family has owned for a number of generations, which is curious, since I haven't really seen any such sunsets on photographies from elsewhere before...

I like them, though.

Show