New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Explorers of Acacia Reborn - IC thread

This is the main thread for Explorers of Acacia Reborn. (Those from the first game might remember this prompt...)

You are all in the city of Clevefort. Clevefort is a major trading hub, and therefore boasts the largest market in the world. It is noon. Where you are in the city is up to you.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia Reborn - IC thread

Aliavius Leafsong is sitting on a bench in a park, quietly strumming her lute and humming to herself. Her long dark green hair is messily braided and slung back over her shoulder. A brown hat is nestled on her head and her long pointed ears are over the hat. She's wearing a Brown and green tunic and green knee high boots and brown laces. Nearby her riding dog, Maple, is sitting quietly watching her master with her head cocked to the side.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-06-08 at 02:30 PM.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl sits on the roof of a building, with one leg hung over the edge and the other close to his chest with kis chin on his knee. The crumpled apron from the job he just quit from hangs from his grip. He stretches and jumps from the roof, flapping once to slow his fall. Then he begins wandering the city.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Lerian moves about the marketplace, mostly concealed under a cloak as he takes in the environment. He spends a longer time observing market stalls featuring magical wares than he does the others as he moves and thinks.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Venn was a bit too large for spending much time indoors. The streets, when crowded, became choked when Venn walked down them, and any horses who happened to be going the opposite way got skittish at the smell of a wolf.

Unable to remain indoors or on the streets, Venn could really only stay in the park or outside the city for any amount of time. Drudge wanted to remain in the city for now, so they were relaxing in the park. Drudge was gently petting Venn while just enjoying the feeling being around nature. Venn was enjoying the heat of a midday sun and the relaxing feeling of being scratched behind the ears. It was a pretty good day, overall.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-06-08 at 04:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The smell of musty tomes permenated the air and the ancient, sputtering eternal flames were all that lit the small room. Within, a man with grey skin sat, clad in full armor. His unblinking eyes scanned down the rotting manuscript, then moved on to the next one. The manuscript is wordlessly, gently, rolled up and put to a side, as his eyes scan the next one.

He remains in this position for several hours, poring over the writing in the poor light. At last he reaches the last scroll. He suddenly stands, rolling up the scroll. With a short nod to the attendant, he indicates that he has finished and steps out towards the exit of the library.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tristan enters through the city gates overwhelmed by the various new smells and images he sees just entering into the city. His eternal companion Wolfie walks alongside him, earning him various stares. Tristan wanders through the streets, unsure where they will take him.
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith wanders around the town square, looking for someone... inviting. He spends the better part of the morning wandering from food cart to food cart, tasting the local cuisine, as he tries to find information about where to find a wizard shop so he can try to find a few spells he's been meaning to locate.
    As the hours pass, he sits down heavily at a pub, his plan forgotten in a disagreement with a cart owner about a meat pie of dubious origin. Not one to care overly about what it was he was eating - as long as it was fresh, tasty, and not poisonous - he knew it wasn't lamb he was selling, contrary to the sign. When he innocently asked what meat was really in the pie, the red faced man practically jumped out of his breeches yelling. Algrith said he didn't care, that it tasted good, but he wanted to know in case he was out and about and saw another shop selling something similar he would make the effort to sample and compare, the now redfaced man practically exploded. Even Algriths' sometimes absent sense of self-preservation made an apperance as the man started to reach for a meat cleaver.
    "Oh, bother." as he walked away, shaking his head.
    Waving the serving lady over, he attempted a smile that looked as awkward as it felt. When he asked for "One of everything on tap." the girl smiled for a moment until she realized he wasn't joking.
    When she returned after her third trip to drop off 15 glasses of ale, beer, and wine, Algrith dutifully paid her and proceeded to begin sampling the various drinks. He failed to notice the girl's jaw nearly drop as she walked away shaking her head.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl walks into a frequent haunt of his, the Matrons Mug. Seeing a man with 15 mugs in front of him, he can't keep to himself. He walks over to the man and smiles. "You expecting company?" he asks with a laugh.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Maple stops watching Aliavius and starts sniffing around. Wandering off in the park, Maple comes across Venn and Drudge. She tilts her head to the side looking at them. She comes forward, sniffing Venn.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Drudge looks up. "Hello." He says, standing up. "Who might you be?" The fur covered metal man asks. "A friend of Venn's? Venn, have you made friends already? I only left you alone for half an hour. Good for you."

Venn made a coughing sound similar to a chuckle. "No." The winter wolf replied in common. "But I am about to, I think." Tail wagging, Venn sniffed back. Excited, he bounded around a bit.

"Don't scare the poor girl Venn." Drudge scolded the overly hyper wolf. "You're twice her size."

Spoiler
    Show
    Venn has an Int of 9, and speaks common and giant. Who knew? I didn't realize this until just now.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-06-08 at 10:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Pardon me." A tall, fair stranger approaches the nearest civilian upon entering Cleveport. "I'm looking for either the nearest police station, the local guild office, or this city's BHA branch. I'm a guest here, and I have some forms I need to have verified before I make myself too comfortable." The man is friendly and polite, arms held behind his head, fingers scratching through his platinum-blond spiky hair as he receives direction. He tours the city for a bit, walking around the busy streets and getting a general bearing of the layout, before ending up at the bounty-hunter's head-quarters. With confidence, he adjusts the blue jacket covering his black and grey body armor, and strides in.

"Excuse me. Tarmikos Silverkin. Hunter Identification Number: 0487343." he responds as he heads to the front desk. "I just stopped in town, and I'd like my certification re-authenticated for a brief stay here. Everything should be in order." he says as he retrieves a small, black booklet from his backpack and hands it over to the receptionist. "If available, I would also appreciate a brief record of any recent incidents that have been reported. Possibly in the last few months or so." As he makes his requests, he taps the floor with the toe of his boot to a rhythm going on in his head. "...additionally, if you happen to know anywhere nice one could stay and eat for a good price, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm somewhat strapped for cash at the moment." he adds with a laugh.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2016-12-13 at 02:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarmkos: The man behind the desk says: "Ah, I can do that right now for you." He runs around collecting and writing stuff down. "Alright, we have you noted down." He hands back your papers along with some wanted posters "Things have been rather quiet lately, but there's what we have... Also, for food you'd want the Matrons Mug." He gives directions. "There's a nice cheap inn just across the road from it as well... Don't order the Blaster. Just trust me on that."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Excellent. Thank you very much." Tarmikos replies, taking his forms back from the deskman and returning them and the posters to his bag. "Hopefully things will stay quiet for a bit longer; it's much better that way." Tarmikos memorizes the directions before heading off. "Ah, I heard about that in Brunsshire, but I can't drink anything more alcoholic than water; I'm a massive light weight! Thanks for all your help!"

Tarmikos follows the directions to the bar, but instead registers for a decent room at the hotel instead. I shouldn't be here too long, but a roof over my head beats sleeping in the dirt any day! He thinks to himself while he orders a room under his BHA charge.

After making sure all of his affairs are in order, he stands in the middle of the street, looking around for anything else of interest. "I've got until the end of today to enjoy some time off before I need to pick up on some work. Should I go ahead and grab something sweet to cool off, or should I explore a bit, and see what grabs me..." he wonders out loud, hand on his chin.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Maple barks excitedly, her weight on her front paws, ready to play. The soft music from nearby stops and quiet footsteps approach from behind. "Maple, come." A soft melodic voice calls. Maple immediately bounds towards the voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucky, my animal companion isn't even allowed to be awakened.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-06-09 at 09:46 AM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

The currents bring Rhonin to the city of Clevefort. He begins to reduce his altitude and scans the buildings for a good inn to spend the night in. One of the advantages of big trading cities is that no one cares what you are as long as you have gold.
    He at last spots a suitable inn with good smells coming out of its chimney. Although he enjoyed the feeling of cool wind in his furs, he is hungry and tired now. The door is on the other side of the building so Rhonin dives through the window and dramatically lands in front of the counter. Ignoring the serving girl's scream, he immediately reaches for his money pouch.
    "How much for some raw juicy meat and two large stalls in the stables?", he whispers.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia." Thomas Szasz
    "I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."-Raistlin Majere

17. - Top - End - #17

GreenSorcererElf

biggrin Re: Explorers of Acacia Reborn - IC thread

Yragoki, or Yrago as he is normally referred to, is also in a bar. What a surprise.
    He's only slightly drunk (which is of course a relative term) as the night is still young. But as usual, by the end of the night he will almost certainly have ingested practically his own volume in alcohol.

After his fourth Tom Collins, Yrago sees a man in a relatively respectable, well-lit part of the bar, well away from the dark shady corner-chair he lounges in, order a pint of absolutely everything. His eyes narrow. A challenge, eh?
    "OY!" he yells, and immediately, a waiter appears. She knows only too well what he does when made to wait for his beer.
    "Gimme the dirt on that ginger pixie over there? And bring me double of everything he's having."
    Yrago is slurring his words already, and he hasn't even been in the bar long.
    He chuckles. "Time for a drinking game!" He rumbles, pulling himself up labouriously. The serving girl winces as his hauling cracks the table. Again.

He ambles towards this pointy-eared twerp, grinning. He can feel that this is going to be a good night already.
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2013-06-09 at 03:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for late post. Slept in. All day.

Drudge watches the dog bound off."There goes your friend. I'm going to stay here, but you can run off if you like. Don't get into any trouble though. Meet me back here when the sun goes down if we haven't met up yet."

"Lazy. Don't you want to meet the person who called Maple?" Venn watched Maple run off, making sure he could follow if she got far away.

"I may. But what are the chances anyone wants to meet me? Besides I'm really quite enamoured with this spot. It's beautiful." Drudge sighed. Being a being from another time period was hard enough, but he was warforged, with four furry arms. He got enough odd looks when he had to be around people. "If they like you though, I guess I could meet them anybody who likes you.... sheesh."

Venn chuckled again, although it still sounded like a coughing fit. "What? Me, more disagreeable than you?" Another fit of laughter. "Well maybe. See you later."

With that, Venn bounded off after Maple. When he got close to Maple and her friend, Venn stopped and barked, wagging his tail to show that he was friendly.

19. - Top - End - #19

Tristan stumbles into the Matron's Mug dazed and confused, walks up to the counter and says "Hello, I'm new to this city, could you tell me about this place?" Tristan then turns around to see what is around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information I think? Taking 10
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Aliavius is standing just a short way behind Drudge, her messy green braid draped over her shoulder and her lute in one hand with her other hand on Maple's head. She smiles warmly at Venn and Maple barks excitedly at Aliavius' side. "Hey there boy." She smiles coming forward scratching behind his ear. Maple bounds around Venn her tail wagging crazily. "Maple's sure has taken a liking to you hasn't she?"

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

With the crashing of the rear window, Arryl instictively reaches for an arrow before he forgets that his equipment is at home. When it turns out not to be a threat, he relaxes somewhat. With the drunk yelling from across the bar and people shattering windows, this wasn't as relaxing as he had been hoping it would have been. He walks out the front door and walks directly into the spikey haired man. "Oh im sorry." he says quickly.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Venn barked happily, pretending he couldn't talk; people usually didn't talk it when wolves could suddenly talk. He nuzzled at the woman, then yipped, and pounced at Maple.

Overly excited, he forgot he wasn't going to talk: "Play? Play? Play?!" Bouncing around he nipped at Maple playfully.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smasher0404 View Post
    Tristan stumbles into the Matron's Mug dazed and confused, walks up to the counter and says "Hello, I'm new to this city, could you tell me about this place?" Tristan then turns around to see what is around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information I think? Taking 10
    "What do you want to know?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

As Algrith quaffs down the drink, he sputters a bit as he wipes his face with his forearm.
    "No, I wasn't initially expecting company... Is this your establishment? Do you need me to move to a smaller table to fit in a bigger party? Its no trouble, it is just that it wasn't busy when I walked in and this was a comfy looking spot." Noticing that the speakers race, he continues "Although, I must admit, this is the first time I've met a Raptoran... Raptorian? Raptoranese?... One of your species and I was always under the impression that your people prefered freedom and wide open spaces, as opposed to being tide down, so to speak, with owning an establisment. But, then again, the stereotypical doesn't mean there are exceptions. Now that I think about it..."
    As he is talking he sees someone talking to a barmaid that causes her to scream, having missed the entire entrance smallish creature. This causes a stir of some variety of the 'owner' of the bar, as he walks away quite rudely towards the exit.
    "Must be the draft from that window." he says absently to no one in particular as he begins to drink again and notices that some large, almost draconic creature, stands and walks in a swaying motion in his direction. Quickly finishing the drink in front of him, he mumbles to himself "I really hope this has nothing to do with those dragon eggs I had... procured..."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Aliavius smiles at Venn and Maple playing and blinks startled when Venn talks. "I should have known something was up when there was a wolf in a city park." She chuckles walking forward. "I take you're a winter wolf then?"
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-06-10 at 09:06 AM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Venn dodges and lunges at Maple, then bounds back away. "Aye!" Venn yelped with the moment of respite from the mock battle. "And I take it you've heard of my kin then? Some people in the world don't much care for us. Scared, I guess. Drudge saved me from a cage, and eventual death."

Venn looked back a ways to where he knew Drudge was, then back to Maple. For now, Venn would rather play than bring someone to Drudge we already said he wasn't much interested in leaving his tree-friend.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Aliavius grins, chuckling at them playing. "I know a lot about animals in general. Plants too, but that's besides the point." Maple pounces trying to jump on to Venn's back. "So, who's this Drudge you mentioned?"

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Venn let's Maple jump on his back then flops on the ground and rolls around. "Drudge is..." Jumping back up, Venn moves to lay across Maple and pin her, unless she escapes. "Drudge is my friend. Odd furry metal guy. By that tree over there."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Aliavius makes her way over to Drudge while Maple and Venn are playing. "Your friend sure has taken a liking to Maple." She smiles at him, completely unfazed by his odd appearance.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Drudge chuckled, a low gravelly sound, and yet some how smooth. He likes anyone who is willing to pet, play or prey with him. Terrible judge of character, that one. Picked me, me, out of everyone, he picked me to follow around and be friends with. Drudge stood and brushed his fur clean of dirt, sighing at the discovery of just how dirty fur gets while laying under a tree.

Likely you already know this, but my designation is Drudge. Once clean enough to feel presentable Drudge offered his hand in greeting.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-06-10 at 05:55 PM.